ITT: Superior Lore Games

Only post games with 10/10 lore ITT

BIONICLE

MH, the deepest fucking lore, so deep that capcom decided to stop focusing on it.

in what universe does mario 64 have interesting lore?

What does Sup Forums think of Mortal Kombat's lore

I looked into it a while ago, its kinda cool and dumb

Deep and interesting and definitely not bullshitted half the time.

BTW this image isn't even accurate.

Pannenkoek.

DEEPEST

The Elder Scrolls Lore is fucking godtier. It's so fucking fun to come across books in those games and just read up on all the fucking cool ass stories

what lore does splatoon have

I miss when lore threads were actually about lore like elder scrolls or Halo EU stuff instead of just "seeing faces in clouds" tier bullshit with mario games

Humans are extinct from global warming, kidsquids are evolved squids

all in service to mediocre gameplay.

True. There's some really cool stuff in the Imperial Library.
>all that hidden shit in the Sermons of Vivec
Kirkbride was too good for Bethesda

errr...we call it climate change now

I never claimed otherwise

it's a post apocalyptic setting where humanity has been wiped out and squids have over thousands of years evolved into land-dwellers

considering how intelligent octopuses and squids are, this isnt exactly far fetched. I can see octopuses and squids evolving and forming their own civilizations after a few centuries if humans weren't at the top of the food chain.

Don't forget about how the cat judge was cryogenically frozen; and the great squid-octupus wars that segregated their civilizations.

Real Life: The Game has the best lore.

>So there was this really nice player character with a food multiplier hack, a water walk hack, and a respawn hack.
>Was he real? Nobody knows, someone might've been making shit up. But you still believe anyways
Shit lore, there hasn't even been an expansion for it in 40 years.

When I was young, I used to think that in order to make ink for pens they killed millions of squid/octopus to obtain their ink sacs.

I exclaimed this while scolding a 4th grade classmate who was drawing all over the walls with a pen he stole from the teacher.

Super Bomberman R had surprisingly deep lore for a few minutes. Fun game by the way, would definitely recommend.

>There used to be nine of us......

lore is meh at best
gameplay is shit
engine is good
graphics are good
crafting is best in the genre
controls are good
overall its 6/10 game would recommend

>Become handicapped
>Controls become shit

>Recommending life
they said that after 20 years it gets good
it doesnt

overwatch

>What is going on Area 51
>What is UFO

>Only a hundred people in 7 billions saw this easter egg
yea its shit

Up until 3 at least.

Any game that has a vague but vast universe. Rimworld comes to mind.

Give the players the gist and lots of references, and let them fill in the details.

I enjoy Rimworld but there could be much more depth for the lore.

I wouldn't oppose it but I think it has as much as it needs. Lore is a vehicle for your story to ride in. It doesn't have to drive you too.