What game will teach me Chemistry?

What game will teach me Chemistry?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanosynthesis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity
youtube.com/watch?v=8R06ODEJkcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck that gay shit. Play Atelier and learn alchemy!

>glass on the right
Hey Sup Forums, I need to use the restroom. Watch my chocolate milk for me while I'm gone, okay?

Isn't Alchemy just Chemy but outdated?

SpaceChem

kind of
Alchemy had a goal of making precious metals out of non-precious elements though
chemistry is just a general study of elements

>find out how much of this substance is in this solution
>do this every week for a year with slightly different methods
chemistry labs were so fucking boring

Wanna know how I know you never got past high school general chemistry?

How much of this is practical knowledge

>assembling molecules atom by atom
None of it

You're close, I still loved chemistry in high school because we actually did interesting things like synthesizing flavors and making soap. My first year in STEM however completely turned me off chemistry and I switched to physics after the first year

chemistry can do that too
it just takes a lot more energy than we previously suspected

>third glass will be the end result of the universe but with radiation
depressing desu

Reminder that the universe is a giant battery, it's slowly running down, and it can't be recharged.

If a game ever makes the slightest attempt at teaching me something it's an instant bonerkill. Dropped persona 3 for that reason.

Pannenkek will find a way to save us all.

We still don't know how the universe works as a whole, all we have is some pieces that fit perfectly in an infinite jigsaw puzzle.

So, stop saying entropy is a sure thing.

that was just one goal of alchemy. at certain times alchemy was theoretical, empirical, and general as well, but they just didn't have anywhere good enough observations nor the right ideas

the experimental techniques and apparatus of early chemistry were basically a direct continuation of those of alchemists, interestingly enough

ss13

Organic chemistry labs are usually pretty interesting; learning organic for an exam is the worst though; it's so tedious

>; ;
Please stop this, user.

How much of this is practical knowledge

RE1

Methane, ethane, propane, butane...
Fuck, 7 years after i got out of the vocational school on chemistry and still those classes haunt me.

Thank christ for the microbiology, now that was some interesting shit.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking properly. Please forgive me ;_;

Honestly it's more based on programming logic (algorithms, cycles, etc) than it is on chemistry. The elements are just flavor.

a man of good taste. I can't believe i had to take a year of chem for my ME degree.
trash science

you got it exactly backwards. ochem is theoretically interesting but actually doing labs is 5 hours of watching a reflux with one mistake fucking it all up or losing half your product recrystallizing

>entropy

is this a Madoka reference?

This
But this applies to all labs except freshman basic chemistry

Maybe there is an alien species out there that has already solved the problem

physics labs are fucking f u n

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanosynthesis

It's just like the universe MAAAAN!

Until you get to E&M at least at my uni

Naw, entropy is a natural force which affects all of creation or at least an explanation for what we are observing.

tl;dr is that if entropy goes on like it curently is, the universe will end up going through a heat death, which means no more stars and every concentration of matter around is going to be so loose it wont create any stars anymore.

Oh, the worst parts aren't the naming, the worst parts are the dozens of reagents, reaction mechanisms, regioselectivities, stereochemical outcomes, spectroscopy peaks, and chemical properties you have to memorize perfectly before each exam. It's a nightmare if you don't have a good study ethic and the college makes you learn it all on your own like mine does.
I just prefer doing labs, even if a bunch of them are like that because I get to see something I synthesized being created in the real world instead of just drawing arrows and doing retrosynthesis problems all day

electromag?
i agree all the circuits and mechatronics labs were dog shit

Yes, and pretty much everything after that except thermo

worse, it's Arabic like al-gebra and al-cohol

that guy is just memeing dude

>all words starting with 'AL' in the english language are of arabic origin
Truly halal user

Why not just do household chem rather vidya.

As far as entropy is concerned... why bother? Why bother with anything?

you don't have to memorize shit if you're good at logical thinking. i never memorized a single thing and i led the class

>arabs create alcohol
>forbid drinking it
>kafirs get drunk, act retarded, ruin own lives

Because why the fuck not?
Let's keep on going and see what happens.

C'mon dude this is question is like existence 101. You're going to become dust. So what? You aren't dust yet.

It's also expanding outward, in every direction, from every point, at an increasing rate. Spacetime itself is stretching and there is nothing we can do to stop it. It's stretching so much that right this moment the very edges of the observable universe are expanding away from us faster than the speed of light, entire proto-galaxies and clouds of proton soup are just vanishing as their photons struggle in vain to reach us.

Over billions and billions of years, spacetime will stretch so much that the observable universe will be no bigger than our own galaxy, and any life that might exist in that time would look up and see a black, dead sky, pock-marked with the light of its own galaxy's few active stars.

Eventually there will reach a point where the expansion will be too much: sub-atomic particles will pull away from each other, and then fall apart themselves. Electrons, quarks, bosons, mesons and leptons will be all that is left, and then they too will unravel, and there will be such a vast and total emptiness in the universe that the laws of physics cannot even imagine the description. Time--or all meaning thereof--will end.

What's the difference between dust and us?

Time

about 250 pounds BAYOOH!

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER

Nothing matters. My only long term goal is to kill myself.

I am dumb and never really understood the answer. Did it create a Big Bang, rebooting the universe, or what?

That's a pretty shitty plan, the universe has already planned it for you.

Because physically you are still an animal and your animal brain has not evolved to comprehend things significantly more complicated than OOGA BOOGA PUT PENIS IN VAGINA TO MAKE BABBY.
Everyone who understands too much just stops trying and then is outbred by those who don't bother trying to understand.
It's much easier to pretend there is a reason. Even if not directly lying to oneself, just emotionally blocking out the realization.

So you're saying you can logically think out the reagents for an Anti-Markovnikov elimination of a alkene into an alcohol?

>Al-abama

Yeah, that checks out

Moron

Might as well go sooner.

How? Surely you at least had to memorize all the reagents for each topic. Mechanisms aren't really bad because you can just use logic to solve them with a few simple rules, like you said, but there's no avoiding memorizing reagents and everything associated with them and spectroscopy peaks.

The mechanism through which the universe was rebooted is unknown but the gist of it is that the Man-Machine amalgamate became god.

>a whole article for something that isn't real
Thanks Wikipedia

>high school
>just follow the instructions with no idea of what is actually happening
>general chemistry
>actually learn the chemical logic behind how reactions occur and molecules interact that is necessary to be able to actually conduct real experiments

So you bitched out because labs weren't play time, but rather an actual introduction to a hard science?

And miss out on some more sutff you cant have or experience after death?

>thread with a large scope on Sup Forums
>devolves into nihilistic self-pity bullshit within 60 posts
c'mon anons stop being so fucking pathetic

Yes but there was no one left

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity
you know not of what you speak

dont care about missing out, i've had my fun

Is that supposed to be syrup or shake n bake meth?

youtube.com/watch?v=8R06ODEJkcE

>comparing Yuro words of Arabic origin with Murrikan words from Natives
wew

Okay. Makes sense considering it evolved so much.

It's purple drank, dumbass

Alan Watts answer: Absolutely nothing. In fact, there is no difference between "us" and "anything". Time is a brick that is solid on both ends and does not split. It exists all-at-once, every instance of time and space simultaneous with every other. You are you, and the dust you will become, and the egg that fertilized you, and the fruit your ancestors ate, and the star whose supernova fused your heavy elements. You are all of these things at once--forever. The only thing that changes is how you perceive them.

The Essentialist Answer: Because you were created with an essential "you-ness" which is wholly and completely different from the dirt's "dirtiness", likely with the assistance of some kind of god.

The Existentialist Answer: You have the capacity to decide what you are and what your life means; the dust does not. You also have the capacity to feel agony, shame, and suicidal depression; the dust does not.

>trying to shit up a good thread with Sup Forumstardation

On a local level entropy doens't matter because our system recieves "infinite" energy from the sun

Where do you think you are?

>tfw born too early for immortality
>tfw born way too early to merge with the singularity

Or, the difference is that you are a walking talking chemical reation, while dust is inert matter, which requres some more chemicals to stop being inert.

That and a shitload of complex microbiological things happening within you as compared to a pile of dead dust.

>Agender / genderless Androgyne Bigender Genderqueer / Non-binary Gender bender Hijra Pangender Queer heterosexuality Third gender Trans man Trans woman Transmasculine Transfeminine Trigender Two-Spirit

Because quantum physicists may actually be on to something and it's worthwhile to wait and see what they come up with.

Pretty sure he's talking about the fact that eventually every single thing you could ever possibly do will fade away, as if you have never existed, no matter how much of a galaxy-destroying gigahitler you become.

Choice.

Actually yea, you dumbass. Alabama = Al-Abama which can also be spelled Al-Obama. It's the same word as our muslim ex-president

Yes

thank you for bringing up Alan Watts in this turd of a thread. listening to his talks can give me so much joy. they should be catalogued and protected for future humans to come. in a vault somewhere or somethin

You wouldn't be alive if entropy didn't cool down the universe enough to allow nebula to condense into stars, destroy those stars to form metals, make those metals form into rocks, those rocks into a planet, cool down that planet enough to have oceans of water and then begin abiogenisis. People like to wish for a universe that lasts forever as it is now, but the process of entropy is what makes life possible, if only for a brief timespan in the life of the universe. Just be glad you exist during a time where everything is still young and cracking. It would suck shit to be a life form that lived to see a dark sky as it orbits around the last star in the universe. That would just be depressing as fuck.

I'm a tranny and even I think that wiki is fucking retarded.

>The worst of tumblr is wholly representative of all people who claim transgenderism is a real thing

Not an argument.

Interesting to think that there WILL be a last person or last conscious being and they will probably know it too. Imagine being that fucking lonely

Man this guy's gonna feel dumb when Trump gets indicted or flees to Russia once the shit finally hits the fan

Are you cute?

Elaborate.

OP's image is already an example of the horrors of race mixing, though.

shut the fuck up and take it to Sup Forums

>I'm a tranny
Nobody cares
Dick or GTFO

Shitting up a cool thread with Sup Forumstard shit is always cancer

Fair.