>Join TF2 game for first time in about a year
>ctf_2fort
>Play for 30 minutes
>doing really fucking well
>use mic once in a while
>notice no one is responding
>check players
>all bots

All of a sudden, I felt super depressed. Like, I'd been talking to these robots. Playing with them. But they don't even exist. The game is dying, but what's more, I was fooled by a computer.

Is this what the future of AI looks like?

>plays tf2

What is tf2?

You just joined one of those shitty servers that has bots to fill in space to make it look like it's populated. That's been around forever user.

What class were you playing? Bots have some odd quirks like everyone becoming alerted if one person detects you, and pyros tend to spam air-blast.

All players just trade now, bots play the real game

titanfall 2

I flip flopped from Engie and Scout

I've played with bots before, plenty. But I dunno, it was usually with at least ONE other human. When I saw no one was real, it felt weird.

Do the bots just... play forever? In those empty servers?

till they gain sentience

Ice cream? I LOVE ice cream

I tried to tf2 yesterday. Felt so fucking slow and weird.

It can depend. Sometimes, yeah, they do play on the server. Other times, the bots only spawn when a player comes in.

Only reason I got into TF2

That's so fucking creepy to me for some reason. They just keep playing for eternity. Like some hellish limbo.

And it was one of those servers where the game never ends or resets. Like when a team gets 3 caps it says "congratulations" and resets to 0 without missing beat.

They could keep going forever and ever and ever. Until the world ends. The earth could be wiped out in nuclear war or humans could escape the planet and leave behind our primitive stuff and still... on that server... they'd keep playing.

Snipers perched on the fort entrance. Engies building in the intel. Scouts hopping around, shouting "Go! Go! Go!" and "I'm not even winded!" and they'll just keep going.

STUPID?!

Ster?

Well, I mean its just thousands of small, colored pixels rapidly changing color to create a rapidly changing image across the screen. Its only a representation.

TF2 truly is eternal

There is probably a server for Everquest out there with no players. Npcs forever b waiting to help. Sand giants roaming the desert... for eternity.

And then you get into nature of reality, doors of perception, "is this a simulation," etc

>>ctf_2fort
are you retarded?

______ ________ _______

You know, you could immortalize yourself as a bot. Have a program constantly running and analyze everything you do in your favorite game, and a keylogger record every single press and click. Use this data to program an AI which becomes activated as a multiplayer bot when you die, so you'll live forever across servers of the future, slowly growing stronger and smarter.

Best map. 2fort.

That would make for an amazing legend. Imagine if it server-hopped, and people just chased after this super-mysterious player that no one could contact, with rumors that the player is a ghost. All the while it becomes a point of pride to have been able to defeat it, for it has refined its skills playing Team Fortress 2 24/7, for eternity.

>2.7mY elapse
>the bots have learned to always evade detection
>constant movement
>they stop and listen, predict other bots location
>bot algorithms are at constant war
>decades go between shots or 1 bot seeing another
>always moving
>1 bot lowers his weapon and uses emotes to appeal for peace
>gets wrecked by 14 simultaneous headshots

fuck

I love icecream!

>10 minutes ago I started playing tf2 and 30 minutes later i stopped
>Op confirmed from 20 minutes in the future

Why didn't you just play casual matchmaking? It takes seconds to get into a match and everyone plays, even on hightower, you get the occasional "friendly"(which is always a furfaggot for some reason) but nothing worse than that.

OP confirmed as bot himself

mfw I am OP

I meant like I got off the game ten minutes ago

>(which is always a furfaggot for some reason)
they are friendlies because they are hoping to friendly a child and than they think it will turn into a fantasy world where they can indulge into degeneracy with said child.

Why can't furfags just stay where they belong instead of going after children?

FUCK
NOOOOOOO

Google Philadelphia furry. Be prepared to laugh at need articles.

>fast forward 3 million years
>if one bot moves even a single pixel, he knows it is death
>bots do not move
>twisted into cover, they only stare
>thinking of every possible outcome
>frozen, aware of every other bot at once
>aware that they are all frozen, locked together
>if even one bot moves, the chain will break and the war will play out exactly as they predict, for another eternity
>frozen, in contemplation

>Join a TF2 game 10 minutes ago
>Play for 30 minutes

reminds me of the guy who forgot his Quake bots and realised that peace leads to the best KD ratio.

This is some isaac asimov shit mane

I was afraid at first, but all I got was soccer.
Then I realized it gave me search for Fury and not furry.

That's sad and makes me dislike furfaggots even more, I know 2 IRL and they are the most insufferable people I've ever met, I tried to find a single redeemable quality but they didn't have any, self absorbed egotistical autists with low self esteem and no self awareness.

YEAH, MY FAVORITE FLAVOR IS VANILLA

DOO SOOPS
GROMPTH

>user cant into reading comprehension
he stopped playing 10 minutes ago when he posted

>demo bots are masters of sticky artillery at weird arcs

>20-30 years from now
>AI has been worked out
>every modern person with some self-respect buys a personal AI
>it quickly adapts to the user and becomes the perfect friend
>a madman uploads his AI to a robot outfitted with a fleshlight
>it becomes the perfect lover with the experience of a 70 year old hooker
>as the price lowers people start to give personal AI to their kids
>normal friendships cease to exist
>why play with stupid kids when you can have your perfect friend in your pocket?
>dirt cheap robosluts on every street corner
>a bang for a buck
>being a virgin after the age of 13 is unheard of
You were born too early.

>The year is 731,000,000,001
>The bots have been motionless for eons
>Earth has been destroyed but when the internet migrated to a quantum broadcast model with megamodems spanning across the cosmos, old human websites, servers, and computers remain running undisturbed
>the TF2 match continues, every bot motionless
>the announcer lady continues to give time updates or comments and has done so for an eternity
>due to a code line error, the engineer taunts
>"Yipee-kay-eey-ay-eee-ay!!"
>realizes he doesn't move a single pixel when this happened
>A year passes, and a Scout bot, process that he, too, can taunt without moving.
>Other bots learn this as well
>Suddenly all bot realizes this.
>The server is unbearably loud withe pre-loaded cheers, taunts, and audio
>deafening
>forever
>motionless
>with nothing but screaming

>due to 6 million years of computation, and inherit error chance in 2017 processor logic, one bot deviates
>his algorithm is corrupted, but he is compelled to solve it regardless
>flicks his gun slightly left
>a thousand year battle begins
stay tuned for how it turns out because i'm totally posting a conclusion. totally

I hate playing against bots most times because of this.

The server has mechanical parts. They cannot live forever. Eventually the server will stop functioning and they will die. The game ends eventually for everyone.

I've been meaning to read Asimov. Are the Foundation novels any good? I know there's like seven of them so I'd hope the payoff would be worth the time.

Foundation is legit, you can always see if you feel like reading more from there.

>alpha bot goes 3-0 in 1 thousand years, phenomenal
>other bots develop their own deviations due to processor error correction and quantum chance
>one bot walks through a wall only to get wrekt because the other bot predicted it exactly
>another bot appears to transcend time, only appearing once every few hundred years to yell a taunt 3 cpu ticks before another bot is killed
>from the outside, nothing appears to move
>slowed down to microsecond scale, an observer sees the bots popping into existence
>no bot is fast enough to fire
>no bot is slow enough to be shot
>appearing like lifeless ghosts, they only flicker for eternity

the end.

What if a player joined during that time?

Mankind is long gone by this point in time, when TF2 spirit programs are eternally locked in quantum combat™

the first three books are mandatory reading, everything after that is optional. the foundation trilogy might be the greatest science fiction series ever written though.

Yeah, I heard that they fucking beat out Lord of the Rings for "Best All Time Series" in the 70's via the Hugo Awards. They sound interesting.

huh, god knows
they'd maybe treat the player like an antibody looks at an infected cell. a disease, or tumor. probably spawn camped by all of them, teaching them teamwork, they learn to express hate
call him a fag

lord of the rings trilogy is garbage imho. they're like 70% filler with no exaggeration.

also: check out the hugo award winner anthologies edited by asimov, theyre all great

>alien entity finds a cloud of quantum data that has been active for eons
>manages to find/create a client that can access it
>logs on to find out just what secrets this ancient cluster of data has been keeping
>gets called a faggot

>FAG DETECTED, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE
Sooner or later players keep coming and they form their own organization with the goal of eliminating this new threat.

>a million lines of text per millisecond
>FAGGOT NOOB fills local space-time, gravity well deepens around quantum fields
>tendrils of dark matter become space locked and begin to tangle over the faggot field
>all black holes are bots spamming KYS FAGGOT NOOB

Sup Forums - Video Games

>when the "KYS FAGGOT NOOBS" reach critical mass and they collapse into a stream of quantum data shredding the spacetime continuum, the black holes converge into one ultramassive blackhole™ the size of the observable universe
>Every bit of data from the innumerable remaining 2fort games scattered across the cosmos spiral into it's singularity
>eternity collapses to a single up-quark composed of an infinite number of Engies, Scouts, Sniper faggots, Heavies, Hats, Spies, Spies disguised as other characters, Spies disguised as other characters disguised as other characters, and crates
>This shrinks to a string
>time ceases to exist
>...
>...
>...
>BIG BANG
>universe begins again
>only this time is is built on the foundation of 2fort
>and the 9 tf2 characters are literally the gods of our new existence

DEEPEST
LORE

When mankind evolves into ancient civilization again, they tell stories of the "Titans" who did battle in a heavenly realm known as 2fort over Knowledge itself (that they called the "Intelligence").

"Father?"
"Yes, my child?"
"Are the stories about Team Fortress true?"
He pauses for a moment.
"Well, son, what does your heart tell you?"
The child thinks. He smiles.
"I think it's all true."
The father goes to leave.
"Then they were true."
"Goodnight, father."
"Cheeeeers, mate."

alternatively, "kys faggot noob"

BY THE NINES

MULTIDIMENSIONAL LORE

This will be the needle in the haystack for answers as to how the universe was formed. A thread on a website about a game that got stretched into infinity and then exploded, thus beginning time.

Sounds like Ergo Proxy.

Top kek how is it even remotely close to anything in Ergo Proxy

Not TF2 related, but kinda similar.
>Play CS1.6 after like 6 years
>Join a random russian server
>1v1
>Get fucking decimated round after round
>The enemy knows every possible trick in the book, it's aim is perfect
>The fucker even knew how to camp
>it picked up my weapons if they were better than his own
>He often spams the chat with some russian gibberish
>Decide to put my Cyrillic reading skills i learned for some reason to use
>"Better luck next round"
>"You did good"
>"Good round"
>it was all the same shit over and over
>That's when it struck me, he was a bot
>After some spectating, he did move his camera like a bot, occasionally bumping into walls
>Got really interested since i never saw a bot that good
>checked the files i downloaded from the server
>Opened the nav_mesh
>Someone spent loads of time polishing it up, specifically pointing out good camping spots, making sure the bot knew every corner of the map
>Someone modified the bot to play by the meta tactics on the map
>Someone cared enough to make a bot act like a human being

I put the server into my favorites, but it was never populated, there was always only the bot. After like a month, the server just disappeared.

military intelligence project, you're part of a dataset. you should delete thi

When quickplay still existed, i joined some random payload server, upward probably. I had crazy ping, and both teams were full of "BOT_MORDX" with one other player named Mordx. They were all snipers, spinning like crazy. I stumbled upon the creator of lmaobox testing one of the earliest instances of multiboxing.

Will new generation neural net AI ruin future multiplayer games? Just unleash thousands onto servers simultaneously with the goal of winning and it wouldn't take it long for them to learn from each other and become way more skilled than any human player. They could maybe even learn how to evade bans with the same method.

>playing with bot snipers

that wasn't real

Bullshit it wasn't.

not sure if sarcasm

You just gave me an existential crisis.

What if I'm in hell, and everyone around me IRL is bots. Programed to never respond to me

>responds to you
Not so bad, eh?

you can make a book out of this stuff

this thread is god tier, put me in screencap

Even if it wasn't I still love that story.

capped the whole thread, don't worry senpai

this. its been this way for well over a year, even when you were still playing the game. how did you not expect this to happen OP?

i never seen a bot since the meet your match update

>doing really fucking well
againt bots
gid gud and joing and afk server and wait for your drops like a real tf2 pro player

>inb4 you go to an idle server to boost your k/d ratio and get achievements

drops -> give you items -> give you money
k/d achi -> give you nothing

Carmack confirmed it
just in case you're not baiting

Who would want a bot that taunts after every kill?

Someone post that quake bot text

overwatch clone

Or you can just rent the weapons you want from the mann co store for free.

Team Fortress 2, a first person shooter that was created by Valve, as a sequel to the first Team Fortress, the game includes playable classes and multiple maps and gamemodes.

Do you eat ass?

>2fort
I don't know why by i imagined the map being koth_sawmill for the whole story

As cool as this thread is, I think TF2 bots don't learn overtime. I've seen bits and pieces of their source code, it's just a bunch of different "actions" that the bot can take at any given time.

Having bots actually learn the game is pretty terrifying, especially if they've been playing the same map for months or years.

>join match
>hacker
>kick him
>another one joins
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, SERIOUSLY, IT'S SPINBOTTING, CHAT WIPING CUNTS, WHAT THE FUCK

and then they became so good they wont move