You heard wrong

You head nothing

You heard something

You heard truth

You hear lies

You heard pies

So I heard you like Mudkips.

Fuck this website

Memes aside, it's basically Rogue Legacy but it plays well, unlike Rogue Legacy. Controls feel really smooth, weapons are all pretty unique and have a purpose/difference, enemies feel stupid/basic but threatening enough in numbers.

There is not a lot of playable area to the game right now though, disregarding path of areas, you traverse 5 areas and 2 bosses and you're at the end. There's 11 areas total, but that's counting the two boss areas that are literally just arenas, so it'really more 9.

They apparently plan to add about twice as much content in the next year, and at that point it might be worth $20. What it lacks compared to say, Binding of Isaac is particularly impacting things to pick up. There are a few that alter the gameplay decently, but they're just numbers - a weapon can have the mod of doing double damage but taking double damage, or stealing 1% of your max life on hit but taking 50% more damage, shit like that - if they mixed it up more it could be more interesting.

>I heard a noise

Does the game look as good as that art?

Heh

Yes

It's pixel art but it's incredibly well-animated, to the point that I think they pre-rendered everything and ran it through a retro hipster filter.

Looks and runs great though, and it's quite fun. Rightly priced, too. $15 is the sweet spot for a game like this.

Also goddamn this captcha is hilarious

What's the combat like? Classicvania-esque, or more fast paced?

That's most likely exactly what they did, everything has too many frames to it and is too smooth for normal pixel art. If anything it's probably just simplistic 3D models animated smoothly, pixelized, then had someone touch it up to add artsy details. Rotoscoping I think they call it?

Also yeah these Captchas are getting ridiculous, I had a 'choose squares with clothes' one and it was a clothing store.

Castlevania but with an invincible roll on a very short cooldown. Also your holywater/axe items are on a cooldown instead of taking a resource.

Very classicvania, I'd say. The enemies telegraph their attacks for a significant amount of time, but not so much you can get away with not paying attention. They say "souls-like" and... kinda? You have a roll with i-frames and you have to time your blocks for them to be effective, and you can heal with food drops sometimes but it's mostly just your Not-Estus Flask that you're dependent on for healing.

congratulations on being as reddit as fucking possible

I'm talking more about how this crazy conspiracy theorist is getting his chemtrail website advertised for free by Google, and though the domain's clearly expired, he still has a Twitter account (though it stopped being updated two years ago) that is 90% LOOK AT THESE CIRRUS CLOUDS THEY'RE TOTALLY CHEMTRAILS

oh fuck I didn't even look at the psycho babble written on the truck, that's pretty weird.

How far are you boys? I've got Lv. 4 flask and gold pouch and I can't beat the level after black bridge I'm bad

Fuck the prison depths PERIOD
Also fuck the GAY PIRATESFROM FREJ

But also FUCK THE HOOK GUYS from cementery.

It was an honor, good sir.

Beat it yesterday but i cheesed everything.
I'm trying to speed run with a melee and shield build.
Currently sitting at Frej(after first boss)
The first boss its super easy with a shield,rapier and dmg boost.

What's your strat? I go through Promenade every time because it's easiest and gives more opportunities for HP upgrades

Beat it. If you want it to be easy, the damage buffer and electric whip will pretty much mutilate anything and everything in every direction, and then you either get two buffers or take it slow.

Or you can find the amulet that makes you invisible when you don't attack, and then never attack - just run around get all the stat upgrades and move on. That one seems a lot rarer than being able to find an electric whip and damage buffer though.

The prison depths suck, yeah. You have to either cheese it slowly with bombs or I guess be on point with your killing of the bomb bats.

Gay Pirates can't shoot up, so if you have any range you can just jump and kill them.

Same with the hook guys, being above and away a little bit renders them totally useless. That or block the hook, since their headbutt essentially has no windup, being close to them doesn't really work.

H

Depends,if i want to speed run
>Promenades>Sewer>Bridge

If i want to get all the goodies
>Osuary>Sewer>Cells>Bridge

Fantastic game so far but it needs at least 3 more bosses with appropriate areas inbetween with more unique enemies.

I like it a lot, been using the electric whip

Needs a rebalance of some of the melee weapons.

Only good choices for completing the game are Dual daggers,Rapier and the Crit-blood sword.

Bows on the other hand are god tier.

It'd be nice if you could get your arrows and shit back from bosses if you got within melee range and popped them.

You get your arrows back from death monsters,but yeah thats why i maxed out the infinite bow.

With +pierce and +poison its pretty great.

>Action platformer
>Randomized level design.

Lol, get fucked.

Have you played it?

He obviusly didn't.

They randomize levels like they do in castlevania.
Is way more fair than STRAFE or other roguelikes on steam atm.

Torrented it for free, I want my free back.

So you download games to play when you aren't at all interested in them. OK bud.