Why does Sup Forums hate MOBAs so much? Just because they are popular or...?

Why does Sup Forums hate MOBAs so much? Just because they are popular or...?

They are dumbed down RTS games. Just play Warcraft 3 if you want insane hero micro while still playing a real game.

>They are dumbed down RTS games
nice meme

I provided the perfect example to prove my point. It's cute how you left that part out.

guess diablo is a dumbed down rts you fucking retard

They really aren't even in the same genre.

While it is true MOBAs spawned from Warcraft 3 by using the hero mechanics, Warcraft 3 heroes tended to have a lot less hero micro then MOBA heroes. Plus there's a big difference between having one hero to help destroy an enemy army in an RTS and having a team of heroes maneuvering against another team of heroes in a rigid setup with lanes.

Calling them a dumbed down RTS isn't really applicable. It's like saying pokemon is a dumbed down puzzle game or something. It's a bit of a stretch.

I just hate everything, so there's that

retarded females on twitch play it

how good could it be?

No, Diablo is a dumbed down roguelike. Diablo 1 was literally supposed to be turned based.
Please stop being retarded.

Don't respond to me, you seem to be a braindead moba shitter.

>competitive tower defense using Warcraft/Starcraft single-unit movement and combat
Terrible on paper, worse in practice.

not an argument. enjoy your dead genre rtshitter. I know dota is too hard for you but you don't have to shit up every thread you see

I don't play RTS games.

Personally they feel too static for me, I can't enjoy how sluggish MOBAs are

concession accepted

They feel way to artificial of a genre to me. Kind of like the "battleground" or "battle royale" style games.

thank

I don't hate them. I just don't understand why they're so popular.
They're not fun to play and they're boring to watch.

>They're not fun to play and they're boring to watch.

Half a million people watching tournaments and their favorite personalities would like to argue with you.

Jersey Shore analogy.

i dont enjoy online multiplayer with randoms

People were gigantic cunts during the warcraft games and they are still gigantic cunts on dota, so haven't bother with anything related with dots.

So we all know what the best MOBA is, right?

Is HotS worth playing or nah?

It's got a really good drip-feed of content, I'll give you that. Pretty much every time you play a new hero for the first time in a game, you'll level up that hero and get a loot box which contains 4 items. Sometimes a new hero, but most of the time banners, mounts, voice lines, stuff like that.

Getting to level 5 with a hero gets you a rare chest, which is a chest with a guaranteed rare and a portrait of that hero which is cool.

The game sadly does feel pretty shallow, and somewhat unintuitively it feels harder to come back from an enemy whose beating you because the game is so oriented around team fights and map control.

The type of people a casual fun "easy to pick up hard to master" kind of game ruin league of legends and dota.

Mobas are shit because its toxic.

because Sup Forums sucks at them and would rather play japanese anime RPG games where their lack of skill isn't apparent to others

That post was only half English and I apologies.
What I meant was "The type of people a casual fun "easy to pick up hard to master" brings to that kind of game ruin league of legends and dota.

Bottom-feeder trash.

I can usually tell how high somebodies IQ is by if they play assfaggots or not.

Sage.

It's the best MOBA but that isn't saying much.

Most people hate MOBAs because
a) one or two early fuckups make it almost impossible to win
b) once you are now on this losing side, it's still going to take 45 fucking minutes to lose unless you throw, then you get banned for being "toxic"

It's a shit state of affairs.

>no arguments
>edgy
>shitposting proudly
>using dumb 'assfaggots' acronym
>unironically puts 'sage' in his text box

This is exactly the kind of toxic person who plays MOBAs, why are you a self hater?

>game designed to reel shitters in and keep them playing for thousands of hours in pursuit of some meaningless mmr number or cancer trading system
It's like the perfect good goy genre. Too bad it took me so long to realize it

Eh, I just never got into them.
Also I've heard nothing but bad things about the people who play them, so I'm not exactly motivated to give them a try.

It doesn't seem like the type of casual player would be the toxic players. Toxic players are usually typecasted as being tryhards, or tryhards that are also bad at the game.

>one or two early fuckups make it almost impossible to win
>once you are on the losing side it takes 45 minutes to lose and you can't leave early

To be fair, I think this is true only for poorly designed games like League of Legends or HotS. Dota 2 doesn't have that problem, since a good play by a good player can defeat the enemy team pretty well. There are inbuilt mechanisms for coming back based on how the game plays.

To be fair though, the type of players who leave early are pretty scummy.

It's just Sup Forums being gay.

MOBAs are popular. Everyone plays them. That means we better all say they're shit LOL.

So controversial. Much edge. Such taste. Wow.

eh I play it after a few games of dota

@377201523

>This is exactly the kind of toxic person who plays MOBAs, why are you a self hater?

Thanks for the (you), you filthy goyim.

I actually think of all of them HotS is the easiest to come back in. The more varied objectives make it so even if you're down in kills but focusing on the objectives you can still turn it around.

I wasnt saying that.

some popular games are casual fun and genuinely acceptable multiplayer online battle arenas.

Its the people that play these games that are ruin it with toxic behaviour. I'm pretty sure its because of its competitive nature. Remove that competitiveness and the game will be fun.

Because we all played them and the genre got stale as fuck

>dota 2 doesn't have that problem

You lose gold everytime you die, if anything it makes the power creep even worse

Because they are boring games.

Unwarranted elitism
Cancer community
Repetitive gameplay
It's popular and I don't like it
That's about it

That's literally how and why they were created.

>That's literally how
no
>why they were created.
no

>what is comeback gold

What about action MOBAs like Smite and Gigantic? They seem to have better gameplay.