What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2fjGch6Cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i don't know why they decided to rebrand the brink sequel into "quake"

I keep forgetting to check the duel, rest is fun.
You shouldn't really play Quake for anything but duels though so whatever.

"im hungry"

The current netcode makes the game 100% unplayable. 30ms ping feels like 400ms with people warping all over the place and rocket jumping being impossible. Better luck with Quake 5. I'm done with your F2P garbage.

Not a fan of characters having different health/armor/speed. If they're going to do the champion shit just stick with the active and passive abilities.

>rocket jumping being impossible.

i had no problem with rocket jumping but i agree about the netcode being shit,it's playable tho

Much better than people thought it would be but bad netcode

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

It's good

People who starved for arena shooters might like but after playing new UT this is just another overwatch for me.

Oh, it's that rockets seem to be faster? You obviously understand how rocket jumping works if you made this shit bait, shooting at the top of your jump will get you nowhere.
Just pointing it out for the people who have never touched quake who like to jump on the bandwagon because they are fucking sheep.

it has a weird delay

even when shooting right at your feet it takes a second to go off

The projectile netcode (and netcode in general) in QC is so bad, you can emulate how the QC rocket launcher behaves by playing on a QL server with 300 ping, fucking moron.

he's jumping and shooting simultaneously but there's a half second delay before the rocket hit registers

>not on steam
fuck this shit

>I have to get used to different rocket timings
Oh god, new game, new things. How absurd.
You never ever waited between the jump and the rocket unless you wanted to minimize damage, but that's some advanced shit.

I guess shit like TF2 also has a builtin 600 ms delay because the rocket launcher is even slower, right? That's how it works, eh?
I wouldn't worry about netcode at this point, if we get dedicated servers and can remove the dialup shitters we will see.
Mechanically the game seems fine so far, if weird.

No. Maybe stop playing at fucking mcdonalds.

Morning sunshine.

What... Quake has had a vibrant CTF scene since the 90s.

If they improve the netcode, it will be god tier game.

Just eating up space on my PC cause friend wanted me to play with him. We've never played together
Kinda fun in a mindless kill/die/respawn/repeat way.

I don't know... I guess it's pretty fun.Character abilities and different stats feel kinda out of place though.

>complain about this in the forums
>everyone defends the game
>says i should lower the graphics, acquire 120fps first

>see this thread
welp, glad im not the only one thats having this issue

>with people warping all over the place
Ye, high ping makes it unplayable, they need to smooth out the position every frame or so

But its only a cherry on top of all its problems, lack of custom servers, match making only and lack of gameplay depth being biggest

Yeah, and it's for children. If you want 1on1 you play Quake, if you want team based faggotry you play 1.6.

Holy fuck you must be retarded.

>stop playing at fucking mcdonalds.
Same shit happens to me, I'm getting 25 ping.

Confirmed for never touching Quake in your life.

It works fine for me, your word against mine.
>inb4 you claim a webm of you jumping up and doing a late rocket jump is proof

pretty shit
too many minor issues technical and design wise that add up
nothing they added/changed improves the game at all in fact it only detracts from the core quake gameplay
people only care about it because it's all new and shiny it seems

Feels generally unresponsive, netcode feels terrible, and the rockets feel... awkward, for some reason.

shit

>not a new unique IP in the thread
Kill yourself.

I really, really like it. Skills are a refreshement yet don't really detract from core Quake gameplay,, runs pretty good. There's a need to drastically improve the netcode, also I'd like RL to feel snappier. If they keep up the price for unlocking characters at 5000 shards after launch I don't have a problem with the business model, I wanna play slash exclusively anyway. They should release it on steam and drop the atrocious bethesda launcher, also fuckinhg fix the loading screens and matchmaking. It takes way too long. Dedicated custom servers too, the game needs it. All in all very enjoyable experience so far in this beta, but there is a lot to do.

watched a lot of streams from pros this weekend and now i am more excited about this than when i started to play it myself, and i play since first week of beta

twitch tv/locktar

look at this glorious bastard

kill yourself scrub

Its gonna be fucking doa, didn't even break the top 10 most watched games on twitch when nda was released, with all the well known pros streaming. Its in 35th place as of right now.
Not looking too good. You can kiss good bye to any arena fps ever coming out ever again if this bombs, which it will.
People just don't seem interested in old competitive games like arena fps and rts games anymore.

yeah, i watched them play sacrifice scrims and duels all the weekend and i just dont understand how people dont want to watch it

People just don't give a shit, they just want an easy ride it seems. Everything is about instant gratification in this modern age and both rts and arena fps don't provide that.

this and it doesn't matter how good your game is these days it's all about how it's perceived

Can't play due to infinite load bug on launch and the devs won't even so much as acknowledge it. So fuck em.

I am enjoying it a lot.

All the people saying it's 'shit' comparing it to the old Quake games don't even play the old Quake games anymore either, and have no intention of playing new ones anyways. THIS is why they aren't giving you the game YOU want. It's like when people complain about how a cartoon from their childhood has completely changed, yet they don't even watch it anymore. Nobody cares that you don't like it anymore, you aren't going to watch it now either way. Same with Quake.

Weapons are shit, better just try to tele frag with the rangers ability
Maps are shit and can't be balanced because each character has different speed. Can't even jump from bridge to rail
Whole game is visual mess. You can't see shit and even if you could some fucking achievement message pops up.

kys

Really good, but the inbreed incest community of quake has a huge load to swallow though.

Hopefully they fix the netcode, rocketlag'n shit after beta.

it is a pretty good complaint. nobody wants 30 different clients each for a single fucking game

Loading times are garbage.
So is the netcode/servers, i get really get the feelig that a lot of hits arent even registered.

you don't know what you are talking about. thousands of people still play quake live, i played ffa in QUAKE 1 with 5 people two fucking weeks ago. people still play every single game, stop pretending you play any of them and that your opinion matters more than the loud minority of people whose opinion actually matters and actually does influence whether or not people will pick up a fucking arena shooter. maybe work on your fucking game instead of damage controlling here?

STOP SHILLING

Played it for 3 hours and uninstalled.
It combines the cancer of competetive fps with the cancer of moba.
Really unrewarding and tryhard.

Felt like I was wasting my time.

>user asks for thoughts
>not telling you to buy the game
nigga, the game even out yet. Calm your meme induced paranoia.

Get an SDD, they're 75% faster.

Dunno, I played for an hour or so and dropped it. The movement is all kinds of fucked. This feels like a cheap knockoff instead of a legit Quake game.

i don't see the point of the abilities. most are so insignificant that they might as well not exist and feel like they were just tacked on. its just another layer of pointless imbalance, just the increased health or speed stats could have been enough to encourage alternative playstyles i feel like. also for whatever reason i couldn't use air control with ranger but could with sorlag, i thought that was supposed to be his character gimmick not that i don't expect other characters to also have it but i feel like im missing something. ive enjoyed what little ive played so far regardless

>t. buttmad about not getting into the private beta

I'm having fun but yeah the netcode needs to be seriously better
it now feels like when shooting the rail gun it's a 50/50 if I'm going to hit him or not

>champions with different stats
>abilities
its worse than i expected

Nobody wants steam as their only client either.

>Still no proper UHD support after 4 years of promising it.
>No proper cloud sync options when you want to update/delete a bad cloud save.
>updates that uninstall and reinstall a whole game requiring double the storage of the game and uses up a whole m.2 pcie bandwidth to do
so.
>slowest overall bandwidth for downloads vs origin, gog, uplay, etc
>ultrawide support is still not properly there
>Voting and discussion manipulation that benefit sales before content and honesty
>Using a Vive ONCE causes issues permanently with games that use engines that Steam mistakes as VR. Causing errors and notifications endlessly

Shit I am bored of listing issues.

Literally everyone I follow says they like it
But then you watch them play it and it's 100% feet on the ground, no jumping let alone strafejumping.

It's really good at making you feel like you're not part of the crowd that gives a shit enough about games to play/discuss them seriously and instead a niche of turbo autists that couldn't fill a cup in numbers. Like people still playing dead games like UT99.

How many GB i would have to download?
My internet is shit and i don't want to waste my time downloading a 30Gb demo

it's about fucking time there was a PC only arena shooter made by a AAA dev

any complaints besides netcode/beta structuring are unwarranted. if you want something better than this your expectations do not fit reality. this is already a dream come true and almost a miracle

WE
back

Like a fart.
It'll blow up a bit, smells lingering, and then die out.
It'll fare worse than For Honor.

TotalBiscuit really btfo arenafaggots.
Lovin' it!

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2fjGch6Cw

thoughts are gay shit for fags and niggers
don't have thoughts
don't have opinions
don't have feelings
that shit's all for fags and niggers

it got out of private beta didn't it?

the difference is while nobody wants it, most pc users use it. the bethesda client is worse, it took me 5 hours to install quake champions and another 2 hours just to check file integrity before the game even launched the first time. and the worst part is i only use it for one game

just because it is AAA doesn't mean it is immune to criticism

>ChuChu
god, pc gaming and weebfagotry hand in hand.

>just because it is AAA doesn't mean it is immune to criticism
It's totally what he said.

Seems pretty fucking mediocre. Better than d44m, at least.
Can't decide if it's better than overwatch, and that's a pretty fucking low bar.
>Titanfall 2 will never stop being dead on PC
I don't want to play the fucking kill the AI gamemodes every game.

fuck off racist

Its pretty good, i heard doom was good too but i didnt try it, i dont like the new art style.
But this is fine, the movement is the same btw, to all of those complaining, you can strafe jump, bunny hop and on top of that some characters have additional ways of gaining speed and maneuvering.
The only problem i see is that the netcode needs a lot of improvement.

>I guess shit like TF2 also has a builtin 600 ms delay because the rocket launcher is even slower, right?
Having played jump servers, this is obviously not the case. The rocket launcher DOES have a delay between when you leftclick and when the shot comes out (I believe this is intentional), but the moment you see the shot connect is the moment when it pushes you.

Also isn't this made of Matchmaking cancer?
Fuck that shit.
There's a reason why having the traditional server-client-browser infrastructure was popular - and that's because it worked.
Plus it's quake. Someone's gonna add 2x speed, quad jump mod, infinite ammo, one hit kill, gauntlet only, rails only, whatever.
You'd be amazed at how just fucking with a few simple settings can drastically change a map. Q3DM6 Camping Grounds (where there's a big bounce pad from Mega up to RL) plays so much differently with just a few tweaks.

But no we have to lock down the servers because we wanna sell heroes or sell skins or sell hats or sell shards.

Fuck this nickle and diming character unlock jew bullshit.

I get that people want money, but custom servers will get you more buyers than shit-eating retards with no taste who want to spend $0.99 on virtual Beats by Dr Dre.

>i just dont understand how people dont want to watch it
Because Quake is boring.

it costs fuck all to rent a character

a few games and you will have enough and when you unlock a character and play a few more games you will always have enough

unless you are at the bottom of the scoreboards every game

If it's that easy then it doesn't need to exist at all.

I own a vive and have never had this problem.

Your not the right site right now, let me direct it to you:
Reddit.con

bethesda launcher is complete shit though.
You can't limit the download volume which means your internet is fucked whilst downloading anything off of it.

>YOU CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING RELATING TO THE GAME BECAUSE ITS AAA
direct quote

strange, I copied this in the search engine, and I only got your quote.

>"it costs fuck all to rent a character"
>rent
You just answered your own fucking post, dipshit.
People like you are the reason the WHOLE industry is in the shitter. I sincerely hope modders would be able to mod out all the fucking trash neo-id implemented so you fucking sorry ass can go bqck to your regular mobas. Kill yourself.

>2
>pay one fee (i.e. buy a normal game) get every single champ and every single champ they will ever release
>game has option to not buy that is essentially a trial run

Fuck off you stupid retarded cunt the pricing model is fine.

>You shouldn't really play Quake for anything but duels though so whatever.

Nice autism retard, Quake having great gunplay and modes mechanics allows it to have great team modes as well, your neckbeard opinion from some nobody is irrelevant, so whatever.

Kill yourself autista.