Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

>gets mad when a game can't be played with ultra settings and in 4K
>gets mad that said graphics take up space
PCMR never fails to amaze me.

>buying any of these formulaic Bethesda-published FPS games

You have no one but yourself to blame, fag man.

>go to download terraria after not playing it for years
>240 MB
NANI

fuck that shit

Nope, not kidding. Spent fewer hours playing it to completion than I did downloading the fucking thing.

>implying it's not the useless multiplayer that takes up the majority of that space

It's a 2 hours download, what's the big deal?

>living in somalia

>78gb

seems bigger than when i got it

It's because there's like ten times more tilesets and items now.

that game came out in the 90s right? how did they think they could get away with packing that much spyware in there?

Because the more shit they put into the game and the bigger the filesize the better the game is.

Steam game size = Skidrow game size + Denuvo scam size

:^)

>oh no 8% of my SSD will be used
>oh wait I can also have it use 0.6% of my HDDs and not give a fuck

Seriously what's the problem with you fucking drivelets

>Comparing the size of Doom and Terraria. Really? Of course Doom is gonna be a lot bigger you faggot.

Doom doesn't have Denuvo

Elder Scrolls Online is like 100gb, I shit you not, and the game looks like ass

>graphics take up space
Wrong. Uncompressed audio files are always the primary culprit.

It's to deter piracy.

Gears 4 is 130gb, quit crying

>Hitman:Blood Money
>5GBs
>11 unique levels to explore and play around in

>Hitman
>50GBs
>6 unique levels to explore and play around in

I sure am glad everyone's convinced companies to focus on graphics.

Who are you quoting?

Fuck (You). But yeah, might as well.

Are you retarded?

R6siege did this right, game is 36gb with the 4k ultra res as optional DL
the 4k ultra shit is an extra 40gb

>using greentext incorrectly

Neck yourself, retard.

I just got super mage uber extreme light speed internet so this is no issue for me now. I couldn't believe these speeds were possible, 60 Gigs in 2 hours my lord. I don't even know what else to do with it. It's incredible.

>Who are you quoting?

No retard, it's the megatextures.

Yeah but I have a 1 terabyte data cap because America is becoming a shithole because of pol.

I can play Terraria in 4K and it takes up like a 100mb
Your logic is severely flawed

Same deal with the RE4HD "actual HD" mod. The base RE4HD game is about 15GB. The mod for the first 1/3rd of the game is 4GB, and the mod for the second 1/3rd of the game is 4.7GB.

The ultra HD textures also murder your load times if you are using a conventional HDD.

>desktop data cap

Download GZDoom and the original IWADs, it's the better game anyway

It becomes a problem when you have an entire hdd dedicated to H@H and you use your ssd for some backlogging, core vidya games, and sad panda collection. I ain't deleting any of that for doom

>Implying you have a 1TB SSD

>mfw repackers doing a better job than devs
Thanks for another incentive to save my money.

you have a 13 tb hdd and a 1tb ssd?

This is why we need a system to automatically ban faggots who get linked here from other sites

How much hath and gp do you get

>It's to deter piracy.
ha i doubt it we have repacks and portable versions writtern on memory

Every digitally distributed PC game needs to have high-res graphics options as free DLC. You can play the game at console quality normally and then have the free option to download the files you need to play at 4k@144fps or whatever you want. Not only would it help decrease file sizes for people who just want to play the game, it would also provide concrete stats for how many people actually give a shit about high-performance graphics even on PC.

They finally cracked Doom?
Didn't they use Denovo?

Wow a shitty looking 2D games takes up little space!

it was cracked ages ago, denuvo was removed from the game after it was cracked.

But by your logic you need some sort of high-end out of this world graphical fidelity to run a game at 4K resolutions

>He can't spare $400 for 1TB SSD
Poorfags everyone.

Not sure since my static ranges are still increasing but so far 3.1 hath a day. Not sure on gp since I never checked it

Why would you want a 1TB SSD to begin with

Fallout 4 takes 30 gigabytes of space and it's only 1080p. 30.000 / 1080 = 27 megabytes per pixel.
DOOM is 80 gigabytes but it's a 4K game. 80.000 / 4000 = 20 megabytes per pixel.

So DOOM has a much better texture compression and it's more efficient.

why wouldn't you, SSDs are amazing

user what the fuck have you been smoking

>all the triggered replies this post got

Fucking pathetic

>literally only useful thing is faster file transfer and faster boot times
>paying 50x the price of a hard drive for this

Steam shows installation size tho, not download size.

It was cracked way after the initial mass of people bought it. It managed to be cracked when sales were already hitting the game.

post the one of the dude using an aneros while on that

You can not seriously be comparing a 3d game requiring textures to a 2d game made of sprites.

huh if you put it like that

Holy shit, in your initial argument you based the installation size on the fact that you can run the game at 4K, which you can do literally on every game
I can run Half Life at 60K, does that make it take up any more size?
Of course not, you fucking moron

Yes, that definitely deters pirates as much as legitimate buyers.

Haha those stupid pirates have to download a lot of extra data

Because they just upscale from much lower fidelity textures you fucking dumb cunt

Doom is packaged with native 4K megatextures

It's really retarded to package 4K textures by default when most people are still using 1080p. It should be an optional download.

>Doom is packaged with native 4K megatextures
You do know how megatextures work, right?
The whole texture file is large, but the individual textures are still small, you fucking idiot
Or did you seriously think every texture in the game is 4K you fucking retard

Enjoy ur 55GB of viruses

how retarded are you jesus lmao

Do YOU know how megatextures work?

The entire point is you don't have to downsize texture resolution for the textures, so they can all be 4k.

Holy shit you are retarded. Add me to screencap, this nigga is worth it

damn....

The point of megatextures is to avoid tiling and to make artists live easier.

Jesus fucking Christ you're a dumb cunt

If I play HL2 or Terraria on 4K, it's rendering at 1080p or whatever and then upsampling to 4K since the game doesn't have textures that are 4K

I had to download a 4K textures pack for Skyrim to run it natively at 4K. Doom comes with 4K textures in the first place so it can run natively at that resolution. Sorry if this is a complicated concept for your tiny American brain

:D :D :D

So that's how computers work.

They're pretty good for games that load tons of files all the time, like Bethesda ones.

If it's the ultra high graphics why does Doom take up 70GB on PS4?

datacaps of 30gb were the norm less than 5 years ago. pol is a shithole but dont blame them and people like them for data caps, idiot

>deter piracy
>by making a fuck-huge download that regular paying customers are forced to download, while pirates use repacks

once again paying customers btfo by our pirate overlords

t. PCMR

>tfw used to think video games were just a shitton of pictures thrown together
AND I STILL WASN'T AS RETARDED AS YOU

epic

>they can all be 4k
Except no, if you put a good 80k textures in a single file it would take up a ridiculous amount of space and fry your ram
The whole point of megatextures is that you don't have to individually load textures, but have all of them in one or two files with defined positions, so loading them would be quicker.
D44M does not have 4K textures you imbecile

yeah I love installing for 10 hours

>tfw I only have a download speed of 350kb/s max
I hate this big filesize meme. Life is suffering.

Wrong. There were no data caps at all in my state until very recently. There was a 300 gb limit at one point, then it wasn't enforceable. If they wanted to enforce it, the FCC was going to sue them, so they ignored it. Now the FCC has that shitty pajeet as it's head and they don't give a shit.

WHO IS HE QUOTING?

not him but i have 2x1TB samsung evo 850s in my pc and a nas with 6x3TB wd reds with 12 usable TB.

i should have gone with 4TB drives in the nas because i'm down to 3.5TB left

>if you put a good 80k textures in a single file it would take up a ridiculous amount of space and fry your ram

First off, this is why DOOM's file size is so huge.

Second

>Will fuck your ram

I sincerely think you just have no idea how the underlying technology for megatextures work or their purpose in general. You don't put the entire thing in ram you fucking idiot.

what is even taking up that much space my man?

>$400
Not even, they're closer to $250 now

anime

>this is why DOOM's file size is so huge
It's huge because megatextures take a stupid amount of room, dumbass
Games like RAGE looked like shit but still took a ridiculous amount of room, because of megatextures

>You don't put the entire thing in ram
You put the information of the texture position in ram which allows it to find the texture quicker

Jeez user, install Sup Forumsentoo for once