Endless Space 2

Why is no one talking about this fucking masterpiece?

youtu.be/QBo-4f3b90o

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710345134
imgur.com/a/C1j3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

busy playing this and rising storm 2

Because i'm playing
tfw you will never be part of the Horatios...

The Unfallen are my favorites so far. At first I thought the idea of tree people in space was dumb but they really pulled it off nicely. It's also nice to pretty much never have to worry about food or approval.

Amplitude Studios has probably the greatest community management of any gaming studio. The way they let the community design a whole faction and then throwing a party at release where anyone can just come into their offices and talk directly to them is simply amazing.

Theres some really solid writing behind this game, every faction feels like they are supposed to be the main characters.
I'm doing my first run with the Russian Starship Troppers people and i'm having a blast, next i'm going to play a pacifist route with the space Ents, their trailer was really interesting.

This soundtrack is GOAT,the writing is great,but the gameplay falls short

Is this game worth the 40 bucks, or should I just wait for the summer/whenever it goes on sale? It looks cool.

But I have no friends to play it with

Did they change the combat? How does it work now?
I hated the card system in the first one.

Its mostly a you choose beforehand the tactics and some other stuff and you either watch the combat and just auto-result type of deal.
tbqh i liked it more than the one in Endless Legend...

What is this game? Haven't heard of it. Is it finally a good single player space game or another motherfucking space MMO?

so exactly the same trash like before? where you have little to no influence on the result?
And can't win through tactics with inferior forces?
Guess I'll give this a game a skip.

How is this compared to ES 1? I tried to get into the first one but it felt too slow and the ui made me feel like i was playing a mobile game.

> tactics
its a strategy game, getting bogged down microing your combats is not what we want to go for, and it fucks up gamespeed for multiplayer anyway.

>Is it finally a good single player space game or another motherfucking space MMO?

think civ, with nodes instead of tiles, and in space.

It's better than the first one simply because the modules on your ship are way more diverse and important than ever before and depending on that and your battle plan + tactic cards you can defeat forces that are much stronger than you.

It's Civilization in space. Much better than both Master of Orion and Stellaris, albeit different.

I want to ___ that fish

also would any anons be willing to play Endless Legend multiplayer sometime

At least wait for a sale. Hopefully by then they'll patch up the post-release bugs.

And unless you're really dying for a space 4x, it probably wouldn't hurt to wait longer. Endless Legend didn't get unique AI personalities until a couple dlc packs in.

>multiplayer
If you wanna multiplayer you've chosen the wrong genre with a TBS.

Really shitty trailer. I have no idea what kind of game this is supposed to be.

Because I'm busy playing the new space treants.
They're pretty fun.

There are dozens of trailers for this game, dozens of hours of gameplay footage and it's a sequel. You're dumb.

They're not fish they're amphibians.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I really hope we get the Mezari/Vaulters as a DLC faction in Endless Space 2. Nothing better than building up inpenetrable defences and beating everyone with science.

They're T H I C C

How's the combat? Because the roshambo combat of the first one was boring as fuck.

see
It's pretty much the same just with way more things to consider beforehand.

Eww. Goddammit.

>wanting to fug a frog.
>when this Simon Diamond exists.

And a fat frog, at that.

>looking at it the other week
>hmm its only up to 0.3.5, full release is probably a while away....
>look at it today
>1.0 is out
Is this a bamboozle or is the game really finished?

Is it worth the price? Thinking of picking it up

They had a really, really good early access phase and yes, the game came out in a proper finished state.

Niche genre and basically no advertising.

They also seems to be the only devs who can use ea properly

>niche genre

Do you know how popular Civilization is?

I bought it but i am away from my gaming computer this weekend. Feels bad man.

I have been revisited Endless Legend leading up to the release since I had barely played the DLCs, and damn if the game isn't great with all the extra content. I saw people hating on Tempest because the facilities were apparently broken, but it seems they patched that since then. I think the new sea stuff is my favorite DLC addition to the game.

I enjoyed the first Endless Space, felt like how a Unity engine game should be done. Just bought this.

How the fuck do people play this with the shitty UI?

I was watching some gameplay of this to decide if I would like it and the UI is absolutely disgusting.

Should I play Endless Space 1 first? Only played Legend.

Kill yourself you fucking baboon

If there's one thing I really like about all the Endless titles it's how fucking PRETTY everything is.

>The menu clicking noises
>The art
>The moving portraits for the lesser races
>The growth of planets as you see the surface get dotted with air traffic and cities as they grow
>The music
>The sound design in general

Lord, I love it.

Does your leader ever talk ingame or is it like civ where you never actually see your leader after the intro?

I love turn-based games, but I think Stellaris is spoiling me too much lately because I think real time with pause just feels better for 4X. But maybe I just wanted something that felt a lot different than Civ, Endless Legend was quite similar. Stellaris is a bit bare bones though, I'll certainly be playing Endless Space 2 eventually.

I'm with you there, Vaulters have been my favorite in all the older games, at least you can take the United Empire and drag them right down the Mezari path in their questline.

It's not that niche. These three are beating the almighty Skyrim, and you can't use the "Skyrim is old" thing because Civ5 is older.

Actually, I forgot there were two Skyrims now. But both combined still puts it just below Civ5

There's no reason to as Endless Space 2 improves literally everything. If you liked Legends you will very likely like this one too. There's even a chance to find Auriga in your galaxy.

Because I'm playing Master of Orion 2016

Will it become more popular than Stellaris?

Its finally out?

Isn't that game shit? I haven't played it. Can get your female cat fix in Stellaris anyway steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710345134

How customizable can you make the civs in this? I remember it was just some traits or something in EL, not really making your own species or anything. I like how it goes into more of a roleplay factor for Stellaris if you want to make your own.

Big fat frog tats!
imgur.com/a/C1j3Y

I wonder if I should bother trying Endless Space 1 since it's in my Steam library anyway. But I heard it's not fantastic anyway and I've got Stellaris going right now.

Stellaris is on Humble Monthly right now, so I doubt it

maybe eventually since it's the better game, but not right now

United Empire are Mezari/Vaulters after they leave Auriga

How is this compared to Stellaris? I've spent a ton of hours building my empire in Stellaris back in 1.2, then took a break and tried out the new 1.5 update this week. Didn't like the forced land warfare, new slow ass pop growth rate, and unity mechanics at all and just stopped playing at this point. Anyone know any youtube videos I could watch if it also has a abysmal tutorial as Stellaris?

Does it auto-skip animations if they're not in view? What I mean is, turns took fucking forever in Civ5 because they would be playing animations even if you couldn't see them. You can turn animations off, but then it looks like shit when you do see them. I forgot what EL did, haven't played in a while. I really just kinda like the real time system in GS games and Stellaris just so I don't have to deal with that shit, I'm starting to think the turn-based aspect doesn't actually improve 4X games much. And I kinda like just building shit whenever instead of just having a construction queue always going. I don't know. ES2 is probably a great game and I'm just bitching too much despite having not played it yet.

It's more of a traditional 4X than the Grand Strategy/4X hybrid Stellaris tried to be

Should I just not bother with it if I disliked Civ 6?

Civ 6 isn't the best example of a 4X, but if you disliked the basic gameplay loop, then ES2 isn't for you

The first one was kinda too simple and boring, especially in late game where management goes out of hand and becomes tedious. Is this one any better?

yes

I don't think they ever fixed the watchtower bug though.

Endless Space 2 improves so much stuff it's way better than even Stellaris in my opinion, but keep in mind they're somewhat different games.

Depends. Civ tends to be more board-game like and each turn is like the one before, where Endless usually changes shit up in a way I've bonded with. But I liked Civ decently. If, for example, you don't like turn-based games, nothing in the endless series is gonna change that.

I'm pretty sure the United Empire and the Mezari already existed by the time all that stuff happens on Auriga.

It's one of those sequels that actually improve literally every single aspect of the first game, be it graphics, presentation, music, gameplay or writing.

the Emperor mentions Mezari ancestry or something to that effect

Well yeah, the United Empire are just people that splitted off from the Mezari, they're the same race.

I kinda just like how different Stellaris is. You're not really hopping to different cities/planets and going down the production queue, you're just building shit whenever you want when you have enough minerals. I don't know, feels like a completely different 4X while EL was very similar to Civ and ES2 looks like it is too. But I still liked Civ and EL, and I'm sure Stellaris's format will get boring to me too. It really feels completely different in a 4X than it did in a Grand Strategy. I'm probably just nitpicking too much here, I'm happier than anything there are a good selection of 4X games since I got into the genre a few years ago with Civ5. Beyond Earth's incredible meh factor killed my hype and Civ6 seems like another pile of crap until expansions come out so I'm glad there are some alternatives.

You should really try Civ4 at least once.

Theres storylines that touch upon your leader, the space slavs touch upon a conspiracy about the leader's sister and her daughters.

the second one

About to click to buy button boys, any OBJECTIONS HERE?

>Endless Legend 2
>You play as a race on Auriga
>At age VI you unlock spaceship runs on Dust
>Space battles with magic shooting right and left
>It's basically magical Endless Space 2
>You can ride fuck huge space dragon to fight enemy fleet
I know it will never happen but it's cool to think about it

The first game was so incredibly shallow. Is this more of the same?

EL2 as a sequel to ES2 about the reawakening and recolonization of Auriga would be neat

Isn't Auriga frozen and dead post EL!?

yes

but that's what the reawakening would be

you tried

>main menu music
GODLIKE

its so fucking beautiful
this, I've spent so little time on Sup Forums its incredible.

It's implied in the games that Auriga goes through cycles of death and rebirth, as I recall. So it's just taking a very long nap.

I fucking love the music and UI in general. It's nice to feel like this about a game after others have stolen most of my hope.

I didn't think that FlyByNo could top the Endless Legend OST but holy shit he did it. The guy is incredible and to think that he barely did any work before this makes it even more impressive.

4X is boring

Prove me wrong

THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST
THE BEST
>THE BEST

Wasn't this in early acess?

only boring people get bored

>first reviews complain about a "confusing UI" and a boring game overall
>all they do is trying to conquer the galaxy with masses of shitty starter ships

Gas all game "journalists".

>I didn't think that FlyByNo could top the Endless Legend OST but holy shit he did it.
He's legit insane man, holy shit. That doesn't happen very often when you come across someone who tops his previously amazing work.

>oh wow, this is fantastic,bet he wont surpass this
>the absolute madman did it, he went even beyond

I haven't played them yet but is there a way in their storyquest to avoid being genocidal fanatics?

full release was Thursday

>"confusing UI"
Gassing is too good for them. Overwhelming maybe, but that's just because it's new and there's a lot of shit to learn.

can I get a quick rundown on horatio? heres what I know so far
>iq estimated to be limitless
>the unfallen bow to him

>4x game that has many things to do included explore, tactical combat, research, diplomacy etc...
>Easy to use and understand UI after some practice
>Confusing
It's like they don't even try

Can you pirate the dlcs like in grand strategy games? I've bought endless legend some time ago but then they released a shitload of dlcs.

I don't think I'm going to buy it now because of that. Also, does this game have heroes like endless legend?

Game art direction is great, but this trailer is SHIT, why the fuck they use this music instead of creating or using OST for this?
Also, gameplay is boring in es2 stellaris is much more fun