Name a single JRPG with a good story

Name a single JRPG with a good story.

Protip: Saving the world with the power of friendship is not a good story.

Suikoden 2

remember that one jrpg where you fight god?

Nier: Automata

Recettear
>dominating the local market with the power of capitalism

Was it the one where your party is a group of teenagers?

Radiant Historia

Should I play it? The archaic graphics put me off

Akiba's Trip 2. You fight vampires by running around a crowded city assaulting and stripping random people.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Jackie Chan

Lost Odyssey, especially those VN/ text segments.

Dragon's dogma

Ff7, ff9 and legend of dragoon
Go fuck yourself OP

So you can just change the goalposts and not redefine what a good story is to exclude every game you're confronted with? You need to up your shitposting game son

I have enjoyed the following stories;
Chronic trigger & cross
Secret of mana & SD3
FF6, 7, 9, and 10
Xenoblade & gears

I can't.

Every single one, glorious Nippon can do no wrong.

Phantasy Star 2

Legend of legia

Killer 7

Life a life

Don't compare your shitty old books to a true masterpiece like Madoka

you could've picked an actual fanservice anime y'know, Madoka is nothing like that.

>megucafriends are this easily baited

Is Madoka really that good?

It's on my list to watch, but I don't know if it's really a good thing to watch with my friends or not. What's it like?

it's a meme. Madoka is edgy, 2deep4u trash basically on the level of something like the countless edgy pastel horse rip offs.

Yakuza 1-6

what? they're technically JRPGs.

Any mainline SMT game that isn't IV:A

It's a new spin on the magical girl genre. Basically a lot darker than what you might expect from the pictures.

The witch killings are stylish as fuck, and I thought it was cool that they killed off a major character in the first few episodes.

Try it, it's a short show and gets to the point real quick

>So you can just change the goalposts and not redefine what a good story is to exclude every game you're confronted with?

Or maybe no JRPGs qualify as good stories to him.

I happen to agree, it's all magical school girls and metrosexual demon slayers.

>saving the world with the power of friendship is not a good story
pic related proves you wrong. Fuck off.

all I care about is if it will please the /u/fag in my heart and dick.

Well, if it's short and stylish, then I guess I'll put it on the list. I was under the impression that it was some long-running anime since I see it everywhere.

hell no it's not really that good
this guy basically nails it, it's just paraded around by mlp tier sad fucks who watch precure all the time and were hype to have a show they could try and taint their friends with because this one was "mature". The big shocker moment that gets endlessly fellated as hooking people is a fuckin meme, show is totally full of shit and from what i hear the movies go even more off the rails stupid. Don't waste your time. Trippy visuals though if you care about that

>please the /u/fag

The ending is super c/u/te

It's basically babby's first anime that takes a slightly darker turn than expected for a specific generation.

Still, it's entertaining enough.

>final boss is one of your party members who masterminded the whole thing while pretending to fight for you

Valkyrie Profile
SaGa Frontier 2
Final Fantasy Tactics

>all I care about is if it will please the /u/fag in my heart and dick.

implications all over the place

I bet you're fucking lying, but that's okay with me. I guess I'm good with being taken for a ride.
Babby's first doesn't mean bad. Chrono Trigger is babby's first JRPG but it's fucking excellent. I'll give it a shot.

sounds like you're just trying to meme me and shitpost, bitter user.

Metal gear solid 2

Breath of Fire 4.
I still can't wrap my head over a fact a game with corruption, mindbreak, magical weapons of mass destruction fuelled by tortured humans, child killing and one of the main characters going 100000000000% nuclear got T rating.

No.

Infinite Undiscovery had an amazing plot twist

the hero of your same age is literally your father that aged back to childhood thanks to a rite that stripped him of his moon blessing glyph

Literally not a single soul on earth could see that coming

BoF3 had one of the stupidest though

>So they did not do a thing
>They did not kill a soul
>Yet you exterminate and outcast the few left alive because they MIGHT do something bad?
>YES ABSOLUTELY OMG ARE YOU NUTS

Great game, stupid fucking twist

It's interesting to note that both BoF3 and 4 are written by Makoto Ikehara and you can already see the edgelord stuff in 3 (thugs burning down the home of main characters, child kidnapping, Rei's madness and bloody revenge) but it looks like he was limited in terms of writing while BoF4 allowed him to go apeshit.

Steambot Chronicles babyyy

How about saving a single girl with the power of friendship?

>gets to the point real quick
Clearly didn't watch it when it was airing. People waited months for Madoka to fucking do something.

>new

>Saving the world with the power of friendship is not a good story.
Oh really? Would me mind explaining why?

Fuck off, feminist slag

>please the /u/fag in my heart
You're disgusting. I recommend Flip Flappers, trash, for degenerates like you.

P2 IS/EP

fpbp

Shadow Hearts Covenant

>LoD
>above mediocre in any way

Babbies first jrpg era nostalgiafag detected.

Princess Sacrifice
>implying saving the world with the power of getting raped by everything you fight to absorb their powers isn't a good story
wew lad

Second this, it's still the best jrpg I've ever played since 2000

that's PLOT nigga
stories are for books

No, since you're apparently ten you should play the newest CoD and fuck off

Persona 2

Magical girl deconstruction, it does the same with magical girls that Evangelion did with Mecha
It's a masterpiece, especially if you love the way Shaft animate it's series.
Also, if you're still not convinced : the scenarist behind Madoka is the same as Saya no Uta

Kingdom Hearts
>xd

>it's a "babby who doesn't watch mecha misunderstands Evangelion" episode

Hermione got worse with time tbqh

SMT games don't have good stories, usually. They have great worlds with great atmospheres, but the plot itself leaves something to be desired. The same could be said for most spin-offs where the writing is enjoyable, but not exactly well written.

fuck that 3 was my fave 4 seemed dull and rushed plot wise

Year two Hermione is the best Hermione.

Barkley's Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Xenogears

Undertale

West always best

the story was the weak point of the game though
still a really interesting concept

Lunar the silver star counts jrpg, or no for us release.

>Saving the world with the power of friendship is not a good story.

Nigel No-Friends spotted

>Is Madoka really that good?

Don't know I gave it 3 episodes, and was done with it. Boring as fuck, and characters are unrelatable.

please, go on

Breath of Fire IV
Kiseki series
Suikoden II
Utawarerumono
Tactics Ogre

Enough for now.

Dragon quest 5 has an amazing story.

This. Especially the genius twist ending.

Vagrant Story.

Breath of Fire IV is only not like that if you go out of your way to be "evil." Breath of Fire 5 would be a better pick, as it's just a dying man's journey to reach the surface before the contaminated air underground kills his loli gf or he dies from overheating due to his dragon powers.

Skies of Arcadia. Game ends with you and your pirate fleet starting, and finishing, World War 1 (after having proved the world is round and gone into space)

Fuck you, yes it is.

Tales of Graces in particular was the shit.

Tales of Graces in particular was shit, yes.
Gameplay was good

This

>after having proved the world is round
So it's high fantasy? The world is flat.

this rpg we're making that involves being sent back in time to a place where generic fantasy setting takes place. (you don't know it was time travel until the end spoilers where you and the creationist god (higher then "God", creationist god rules all of time and space while God just rules over mortal plane). some generic but unique rpg events happen for first few chapters then at the end you with your unlocked modern day human DNA get in a 1v1v1 with Sataniel(gods highest angel) and The Crawling Chaos (name redacted, he's the creationist God's servent) and end up putting the world in chaos. u become angel and see the birth of modern world etc I gotta go now

I know it's a meme, but Chrono Trigger is genuinely a good time travel story.
If action-RPGs count, the plot of Zelda 2 is interesting despite how sparse it is. It deals with the aftermath of a typical fantasy plot in a way you don't often see.

I hate JRPGs, but stories are for movies, not games.

ZHP
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters
Phantom Brave

I hate anime and only watched it because the girl I was seeing at the time forced me to and I thought it was an incredible story. Emotionally resonant and thought provoking.

Mother 3 was fairly decent. Story is just "okay" but narration is pretty good.

>claims to hate anime
>is impressed by mid-tier derivative anime

Name a single WRPG with a good story.

Protip: Being 'the chosen one' is not a good story.