Titanfall 2

Can somebody please tell me how active the playerbase is on ps4? I search for new fun online shooter and it'S on sale for 14 pounds on ps4.

small but youll find a game in 1~ minute

bump

There's usually 6000+ players online whenever I get on. Some of the less popular game modes take a while to find players, but Attrition (the main game mode) gets matches pretty much immediately. It's worth getting on PS4.

Do you think it will be dead by next month?

It's impossible to find an active layer list anywhere on the web, been looking for days not, it's fucking bullshit.

No. It's worth buying for PS4.

I think PS4 is just behind X1 in playerbase size. On X1 you can find matches pretty quickly, a bit longer for the less popular game modes.

no, the community is pretty dedicated. plus theres a new content update releasing in the next few days so it will cause it to spike again

New free DLC (new map and a new Titan) comes out on the 30th, and there's supposedly more content coming after that. No way the game is gonna be dead that fast.

Nice to hear that the team still cares about the game despite EA fucking them over so hard.

14 pounds, it can't be that heavy.

It's a mix of both poor choices of EA's and Respawn's part. Compared to the original game Titanfall 2 barely had any marketing, the beta apparently was quite poor, and EA made the dumb choice of sandwiching it between CoD and BF1.

Its a shame since Titanfall 2 had a great single player, it was fairly well optimized, and its an EA game with free DLC which is rare.

But how's multiplayer?

>Schools across the country are getting out for summer break
>Giant mecha game available for cheap
The user count is going to skyrocket soon.

Enjoyable, though it takes some getting used to since some fuckers can wall run SANIC fast and melee has a noticeable range. Also some weapons and boosts are far more useful than others, with sniper rifles being hard for me to get used to considering the game's pace.

I've had no issues getting games on PC, even outside of the usual peak hours, so i'd assume it would be even easier to get games on console.
They updated the matchmaking system recently to let you pick and choose which game types you want to include in the search, which makes it easier too.

Some games are tough because there's nothing but prestiged fuckers running around like they're fucking Spiderman to the point where your best bet is to just kill the bots. Those are sorta rare though. Most games are somewhat balanced.

incredibly high skill ceiling and you'll face a team with one guy deleting pilots left and right
i am that guy

Remarkably balanced, I have almost never seen a complete stomp, more often than not matches end within five or ten points of eachother.
There is a learning curve though, so expect some initial frustration while you learn how to go fast.

>Remarkably balanced
That's a pretty damn good joke, user.

It was really bad before they combined every game mode into one queue. I'd get online sometimes (granted, outside of peak hours, like weekday afternoons or something) and there'd only be 40-50 people in a single game mode queue. It was fucking awful, but it's really smart what they did, combining all the modes into one queue; masks the low player count sometimes.

I've not seen a match since the first couple of weeks after it game out that didn't finish something like 450/500 or time out at like 465/475.
It's always extremely close, at least in Attrition which is all I really play besides the odd LTS match.

It helps to know what servers to use, during the day I go on the London or Belgium servers, and at night I got on the Virginia or New York servers. If you see that the timer is estimating like a two minute search time just go back to the main menu and switch to another time zone.

>balanced
The other i won a bounty hunt match 5000-30

Well I don't really play that game mode so I can't comment on it.

>start game
>get killed by auto aim pistol
>eventually get titan
>faggots keep stuffing grenades where my batteries used to be and kill be seconds after titanfall
nice game faggot

Literally git gud.

Gotta go fast faget.

this:You're just fucking garbage right now and need to get better.

>just dodge the lock on pistol bro
>just wait for your electronic smoke to charge bro
fuck you ea shills

On second thought, this game isn't for you. Try Call of Duty.

>shill has zero counter arguments and decides to deflect to COD, a game where the devs actually balance the MP

>things that never happened
>this

>just dodge the lock on pistol bro
There are options for when that weapon is around. Not to mention that gun is a "boost" so it's something the enemy had to earn to use.
>just wait for your electronic smoke to charge bro
So the titan kit for a spare E-Smoke doesn't exist? I guess you can't use an emergency battery either, which gives you 20% of the 25% needed to charge your smoke. No chance that you could just walk into an open area while being rodeo'd so that the pilot has no where to run or hide after he removes your battery?

>was once in a complete stomp match
>waah game unbalanced
Jesus.

It's had many physical and digital sales in the last few months and last I was online playing it there was like 6,000 - 8,000 players average.

>Phase Shift doesn't exist
>Amp Wall doesn't exist
>Cloak doesn't exist
>Holopilot doesn't exist feel free to correct me but I'm pretty sure the smart pistol isn't smart enough to detect clones

I've never even seen someone use the smart pistol before. I haven't played it that much (35 hours or so).

Not to mention Particle Wall, or how about those Pilot/Titan Turrets you can fucking set and forget that have perfect Smart Pistol tier aim too?

>t-there's counters to the bullshit gun!
>posts none
>implying the pilot doesn't almost immediately rodeo back on and stuff me with grenades

Really good except when everyone on the other team is using a hitscan weapon. It's also got a spinfusot equivalent weapon that is fucking GOAT

Lots of good spaderman moments. Also a lot of the duels you get into are "OUT FUCKING SKILLED" personified.

>literally too retarded to
>actually kill the pilot
>use electric smoke
>dash out of there so he can't hop back on
You're literally shit.

Honestly? I've only encountered it once.

>>implying the pilot doesn't almost immediately rodeo back on and stuff me with grenades
What and you can't get out of your titan and remove him with your gun?

I bet you don't even realize how effect it is to just fucking PUNCH enemy pilots.

It's not my job to spoonfeed you. see

>get out
>killed by smart pistol
>pilot is free to barrage my titan with whatever anti titan weapon he has.

>killed by smart pistol
oh so you're shitposting.

This pilot is almost completely unlikely to have that weapon available every tiem you encounter him and he can't even shoot you while he's rodeoing, and if you cause him to cancel the rodeo, you accomplished your goal.

tl;dr if he got off your titan and killed you anyways, you're awful at the game and no amount of theorycraft about Smart Pistols will change that.

Go shitpost somewhere else. Clearly you heard about the Smart Pistol and thought you'd come here and bait/falseflag/troll/shitpost or whatever you wanna label it.

I'm pretty sure this retard played Titanfall 1 instead of 2 and doesn't realise smart pistol is a shit and a boost in TF2.

>smart pistol
>used
there's only 2 mags of ammo, takes up the secondary slot, so no backup or anti titan and is a boost, so you lose out on other perks that don't hinder you.
shame. i liked how it looked.
btw devotion exists and so does the mastiff.

It's active enough that you shouldn't have trouble finding a match.

SMR is my weaponfu. Too bad you can't see fucking shit after about third rocket in a burst.

if you use
>R-2/101
>shotguns
>devotion
>alternator
>flatline
don't say GG after a game.

>playing on PC
I purposely bought it for PS4 because I heard the PC community was full of fucktards and nearly dying.

>R-2/101
fucking why
all they have going for them is accuracy

>reeeeee shitscans

Git gud

>can't use the basic assault rifle because reasons
Yep, he's a retard.

attrition, hardpoint, and live fire are pretty active

>can't use any assault rifle according to you
>except the G2, the only one that's actually OP if you know how to use it
Durrrrrr

>tfw hip-spraying Devotion with speed boost
>using nuke Ronin on Angel City

I played/played on PC and the player count is now very low. I haven't been on in weeks but there were times where certain game modes would just have 0 people playing them. But, it really is a great game. Such a shame it got shafted.

>semi auto
>OP

Even if the online were completely dead, at that price it would be worth it for the campaign alone.

So should I change jump to left bumper in this game on ps4 ?

>A semi auto basically sniper that two shots or one shots when boosted
>not OP
It's not because your aim is shit that it's not an OP weapon.

The L-star is pretty fun to use.

EPG is my raifu.

Legion a shit

I want to fuck Scorch.