Which games were you not interested in/not going to get, but after hearing huge positive feedback about decided to get?

Which games were you not interested in/not going to get, but after hearing huge positive feedback about decided to get?

None, I don't care about what retards think.

I was turned off Titanfall 2 after people said the MP test sucked, but the word-of-mouth was pretty good around launch so I bought it. Turns out, not only did they fix the MP, but they quietly made one of the best singleplayer FPS campaigns of the last five years.

Worth every penny. Fuckin' Respawn is the best Western AAA dev out there right now - the game's got more free content in six months than Overwatch got in a year.

>game's got more free content in six months than Overwatch got in a year.
Seriously fucking this. This is what happens when you legitimately give a shit about your product. Overwatch is just baiting an e-sports scene, while Titanfall 2 has an actual skill ceiling.
Also, no fucking stupid ass loot boxes, so you can just buy the cosmetic DLC that you want.

>look how cool i'am on an anonymous imageboard, mom!

It was between Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 for me and I went with Battlefield as I heard it was going to have single player and I've played previous games so I knew what to expect but now I severely regret my decision, but I suppose the grass is always greener and all that so I might be saying the reverse had I got Titanfall 2 instead.

I have both, my buddy bought me BF1 for Christmas. I think it's alright, but I never felt like playing it alone, so I only have like twenty hours or so. TF2's given me eighty hours so far, which will only keep climbing once I fix my pc, every motherboard I touch fucking dies

What did they mean by this?

You only play this game now because, after 6 years, you finally get to play it on PC. Don't tell me you ignored this game for most of the 7th gen's life and then "conveniently" grab it once it came to your petition compiler.

This game feels like an affront to humanity, what's with Hillary Clinton vs Vladimir Putin.

Pretty much every single Platinum game

Thank you, Sup Forums

It's telling the story of the unfortunate alternate reality where Hillary won.

D O O M

if by get you mean pirate

None of this would have happened if Raiden didn't take out the opposition

It all makes sense now.

Fucking Cuckden.

>Look mom im wasting my hard earn money to buy garbage

Titanfall 2 is fuckin great
But after logging around 750 hours in it I'm pretty fuckin tired of all its flaws
The ttk, the fact that EVERYTHING is clientside, the titan/tactical/boost/weapon """balance"""
It's just turned into entering a match and curbstomping everyone because there's a disturbing amount of stupid development decisions shoved in your face making it hard to NOT win.
I'm burnt out as fuck on that game man, and I'm not touching it again until Respawn gets their shit together.

They can have all the content they want, shit's fuckin broken until they address the actual core issues.

every video game. I don't play anything that I don't hear huge positive feedback about

>"get" means the same thing as "buy"
hurr

All platinum games are trash.

hating fun is so cool!
i'd like to be like you when I grow up

>mfw the ending
Are platinum games OUR GUYS?

Sounds like you heard a lot of "OH, WHAT A DAY" when playing Bayonetta, user.

No i didnt, bayonetta is trash just like rest of the platinum garbage

Does anyone else there was a way to boost while shooting without activating AR mode?

Don't aim.

Minecraft in 2009.
I was really annoyed by the threadspam on Sup Forums about it, but then I gave it a try and couldn't stop for a good 3 to 4 years.

then why are you on Sup Forums?

>Buying EA games

I'd rather buy overwatch 100 times than play titanfall2 for free. They jewed the fuck out of consumers with the xbone exclusive half game of titanfall 1. So nobody bought or played titanfall 2. Serves them right.

>I'd rather buy overwatch 100 times than play titanfall2 for free.
You would rather give Actibliz $4,000 than play Titanfall 2? L.o.L. you are a very silly person!

is vanquish good?
I found bayonetta enjoyable but I liked metal gear rising more and even pre-platinum works like god hand.

I don't buy or play EA games. No exceptions.
I don't even bother pirating them anymore.

Vanquish has a lot less of the nonsense that plagues Bayonetta. Less nonsense than Revegeance, for sure. Definitely in line with God Hand. But with guns!

It's just fun shooter with lots of explosions, high speed boost and slow-mo and extremely cool designs and animations. It's a pretty hilarious game too.

It's OK. Short but sweet.

Wow wow chill out dude
chill out
shill out

Vanquish comes into its own on God Hard, you are forced to learn it properly, you really see how well designed the weapons are too.

Monster Hunter. I thought it was boring and clunky as shit at first, but it's actually pretty fun 20 hours in

Does it? Sniper, Rocket Launcher and that Knockback gun seemed to have uses but the Homing Laser, Heat Laser and Disc Gun seemed like utter trash.

Everyone I know and don't know kept the Shotgun and Assault Rifle on them for their entire first playthrough.

So far (starting act 3) God Hard's just encouraging a very passive playstyle with lots of cover use for me. Had way more room for experimentation with the mechanics on hard mode. At most it just making me use grenades more.

Homing Laser was extremely useful form e on a few points, main part that sprung to mind was the courtyard with the Gold robots and the Tank, but any open area with the 'fodder' I found it great.

Disk Launcher has a great melee and can amputate the bigger robots, are those first 2 DLC guns?

Grenades for sure and best times to melee safely.

Fallout 4. I initially wasn't going to get it, but after seeing it get talked up here I bought the game and all the DLC, and after playing though it 3 times I just can't go back to Fallout: New Vegas.

>Play Bayo on 360
>Get good and get platinums everywhere
>Almost decade later buy the PC version
>Get platinums/gold from fights but hear what a day still at the end because forgot all the bullshit qte's and paths that get destroyed.

get good
and by get good i mean religiously adhere to a guide on the locations of each fight
thanks kamiya?

you still go into AR mode if you shoot while boosting, even if you don't aim...

I used a guide only to find few of the alfheim locations. I bought the game blind when it came out and it became my favorite game right there and then.

Not even the same genre my dude. It's one of the best tps of all time.
Kys

"Nonsense" as in scripted stuff, setpieces, weird minigames, qtes, platforming, etc. I think the game's okay, but he prefers God Hand more and Vanquish is certainly more too-the-point than Bayonetta and Rising. Wouldn't you agree? Any hey, telling people to kill themselves isn't okay.

>encouraging a very passive playstyle

You can be aggressive you just can't run out in the open.

Also God Hard mode shows how integral the slow motion is to the game, I think the mode would be nigh on impossible without it.

Only if you use grenades which imo isn't as cool as some of the cool shit you can pull on normal and hard. You just don't have enough energy or health to slide around much so you either stick to cover and rely on grenades or die very quickly.

You're supposed to use the slow motion to take asm any shots as possible, you can wipe out a lot of soldiers if you get headshots or if you're using the shotgun on those enemies with weakspots it's the only thing that can stop you getting obliterated.

Last boss was a piece of shit though, because the cover didn't always stop his rocket spam.

When will the contrarian fags show up?

You really don't need a guide, golden rule is just run back as far as you can after each Verse.

It's just silly.

BOTW

You are going to feel like absolute shit when you play it. It's so overrated that it's actually shocking.
It's an incredibly short gimmick game.

NieR Automata, and it turned out to be shit

The short length is one of its best part, it's like an arcade game that's a blast to replay. Actually it could still benefit from a bit of trimming. All the best tps are very short, muh 10 hour cinematic campaign is a shitty meme that needs to die.

You sound like a ridiculous fanboy.
>I like paying for four hours of unique content!
I also have to question your taste because it's a poor game on every front except lolsocool rocket shoes.

I'm fine with paying for even 30 mins of unique content if that content is good, see shmups. It's a fucking tps game as well, Max Payne games are like 2 hours long and have even differences in the difficulty modes for example.

I always wanted Vanquish on PC, but now that it is here, even though I'm downloading it right now, I don't feel that excited.

>run back after each verse

My first time playing and...what do you mean? Am I supposed to backtrack after each fight???

How many times did you beat it? I played the game 100 times and even got every achievement on Xbox. I bought it again on Steam but I just don't have the energy to do it again. Especially challenge 6.