Melee HD

>Melee HD
>Online play
>No mechanics removed
>Fox and Falco get slight nerfs, Kirby and Bowser get slight buffs, GW gets L-cancelling, Ice Climbers lose wobbling
>45 new characters, all of them originally meant to be in the game (Lucas, Snake, Sonic, Wario and Toad, unlocked through getting a perfect score in the credits game[/spolier]
>Unlock requirements lessened, most chatacters and stages unlocked from the start
>Omega stages
>Music selection like Brawl and 4
>For Glory includes FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, FoD, Pokemon Stadium, and Dream Land
Perfect Smash game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SmFE1RxgMgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh my i fucked up the spoiler

How could Lucas have originally been meant to be in Melee when Mother 3 wasn't out at the time Melee was released?

you don't know?

They'd add an input buffer, turn down the speed, then it will be a lesser Smash 4. Stop asking for it, you won't like what you'll get.

They'd be fucking blasted for it if they did that

>no mechanics removed
They will cut wave-dashing and l-canceling. Nintendo and Sakurai don't give a fuck about competitive Smash which is probably for the best.

Mother 64, I guess.

>omega stages
no you're retarded FD is fucking cancer

>Mother 64
Hm. Seems highly unlikely that they would have included a character from a canceled game.

It wasn't canceled at the time, I think. Or the GBA version was originally going to release earlier.

>remove invisible ceiling
>remove phantom hits
>remove wobbling or make it break after a certain %
>give a kirby proper throws
>give GW a proper shield
>remove jab up-smash
>no new characters
>make the game NTSC worldwide
>no balance changes to top tiers(aside from the one listed above)

maybe make L-canceling window a lot less strict as to not give players motherfuckin arthiritis from constantly needing to hit the proper timings

Lucas was initially planned for Melee but dropped very early in development. As far as I know, there's no record of this besides developer hearsay.

youtube.com/watch?v=SmFE1RxgMgc

>>Fox and Falco get slight nerfs,
aaand ya killed it
nobody would play this over the regular melee

>Fox and Falco get slight nerfs, Kirby and Bowser get slight buffs
Nah fuck that
Top tier should be unchangedExcept for maybe sheik's Dthrow
Pretty much all of Low Tier and some of mid needs serious buffs

Hey look its not a fighting game general.
I don't know why there is just no party game general for theses shitty threads to get stuck in.

>oh wow I came into a thread for a game I dont like, listen to me and my righteous fury!
jump off a bridge shit for brains

you almost described Project M with dolphin netplay

Brawl and 4 are party games but Melee is better than any fighter

Off topic but why did /ssbg/ die?

they dont care because smash spergs would buy it anyway

no one cares about smash 4 general

Nerfing Fox/Falco isn't necessary. Falco has almost no representation at top level, hasn't won a major solo in years, and Fox is too physically taxing to win with 100% consistently. This is why the top two players use Puff and Peach (this player only breaks out Fox FOR Puff because the peach/puff matchup is aids)

what if i made a melee general, would that be popular
because that would be nice

Peach would drop like a rock without muh broken controller, tho

It'd be certainly nice, but it'd be hard to get a group to discuss melee here since there are already a bunch of places for people to discuss melee across varying forms of social media.

Just make it PAL Melee and remove meteor cancelling.

I'm ok with removing wobbling if you also remove shine spiking.

Not really. Controllers with good backdashes help armada, but they don't really make or break his play. He's still an outright smarter player than almost all the rest below his level with a nearly unmatched punish game to boot and that's enough to generally keep him on top.

I don't have a Switch, but why couldn't they make a GC adapter?

They could. That's not what he's referring to though.

He's referring to the fact that some GCN controllers are just objectively better than others (more consistent backdashes, easier shielddropping, stuff like that)

That being said, there are methods (gecko codes) to ensure consistency between otherwise superior and inferior controllers, but since no one want to jump on the slippery slope in terms of game modification, those are presently not allowed.