Anime is shit

>anime is shit
>game is shit

when will berserk get a good video game

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/68baauN.gif
reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/5ag62x/manga_berserk_volumes_137_dark_horse_scans/
youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI
youtube.com/watch?v=wEvtnqh5OsE&list=PL9146BDACDA5C450A&ab_channel=BanYuuKotsu
youtube.com/watch?v=3-EgcoUGunE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just be content re-reading the good archs, at this point the series will never develop into anything worthwhile.

>"There is someone I want to see"

Oh, goddamn, I hope you fuckers are ready for "Casca wanted to be raped" to be canon.

Why do people think the anime is shit? I prefer it over the manga

lol

This reply actually made me angry

The ending to the next chapter is gonna be after the dream sequence in the real world with Casca saying "G...." and then,
Berserk will be entering a brief hiatus until 2018

i.imgur.com/68baauN.gif

The '97 series is great. Everything after it is worse than useless.

When Miura gets his shit together.
So never.

Have you read the manga? I don't think you have.

Did anything happen the last 1-1,5 years?
Last I remember they got off the boat and then big magic wacy pumpkin men. Miura should just kill off the entire cast, I don't like him slowly killing and milking the series.

it did
12 years ago

Real talk, Manga + 97 anime's soundtrack is the way to go

I only started reading the manga last year and nothing has happened other than fairy exposition and them finally going inside cascas head.

>posting imgur links

come the fuck on

Exquisite taste.

>casca will never be un-mindbroken
most depressing thing about the entire series

if only Sup Forums didn't have shit servers and they'd allow 4mb+ gifs

They met the Fairy King (female) and loli witch and Farnese are now inside Casca's head, trying to fix her. They're about to get into the part of her psyche that relates to the eclipse, so things will be interesting next chapter, releasing sometime in August I think.

how come Sup Forums has better manga discussions than Sup Forums?

>Screw you guys
>Im going....
>home.

What did he mean by this?

>ALRIGHT YOU DONT HAVE TO SHOUT AT ME

23rd of june

only by suffering together with Guts we can truly appreciate the manga

This can't be real.

It looks like Guts makes babysteps oh my god how bad are the animation and art like holy shit did some grade schooler made this?

Nah boy, we're in monthlies now. End of July, new chapter

It's coming out end of every month, so next chapter is end of June

I meant June.

Because Sup Forums is like a general board. They don't care for the actual material, and just want to circlejerk and bitch over waifus and whatnot. It's the same with Dragonball threads, gamedev threads, FFXIV threads, you name it.

How do I get into berserk Sup Forumsreminds?
Where do I start

>"I want to see him"
>they meet Griffith in casca mind
>she goes berserk and begins her quest for revenge
>cold open this entire time
>

I dont think anybody here realizes how much it would cost to make a Berserk anime that was either A: Animated normally or B: From a team of non-japanese people who knew how to use 3D animation tools.

The anime is fine. The 1997 anime is irrelevant now that the Golden Age movies exist.

Cautiously optimistic, but I doubt he knows where to take the series even if they resolve the whole Casca issue. The early chapters are so tight, the foreshadowing and direction is just great. Then instead of him going full demon with the wolf suit it's turned into nice magi girls and the plot moves at snail pace.

Immagine if it was done with proper budget and not lazy CGI.
Just immagine.

With the first chapter.

read the manga familia, dark horse translations.

reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/5ag62x/manga_berserk_volumes_137_dark_horse_scans/

I dropped the series after Guts let that pyromaniac, bdsm bitch, and her wimpy friend join. I can't stand those two.

You fucker that really got me

Same reason why vidya discussions are better on other boards.

>linking to reddit

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI

holy fuck that looks amazing
why can't we get berserk like that

BERSERK DOESNT DESERVE THIS!! SOMETIMES I SERIOUSLY THINK OF GOING TO JAPAN AND MURDER THE GUYS WHO MADE THIS!!
I SWEAR TO GOD, IF I EVER WIN THE POWERBALL, IAM GONNA BE FUCKING MAKE MY OWN STUDIO AND GIVE BERSERK JUSTICE!!

Read the first two chapters and you'll be hooked. It'll just keep getting better and better.

HAAAAIIIIIIII YAI FOOOOOOOORCES

Literally cannot help myself.

>People talk about the boat arc like it's the longest thing ever
>Meanwhile Akagi and Washizu just finished playing a single game of Mahjong for 20 years.

When it gets a good manga.

Literally this. Don't forget youtube.com/watch?v=wEvtnqh5OsE&list=PL9146BDACDA5C450A&ab_channel=BanYuuKotsu

Same guy who posted the imgur link

they tried
youtube.com/watch?v=3-EgcoUGunE

This is an OVA right?

this looks like a fucking playstation fmv

>tfw no cute brown gf that got raped so hard that she became retarded
Why even live

When will watamote get a good game

so thats were all the budget went into.

From first reading I thought it was neat, then I saw Guts had a fucking arm cannon and now I'm hooked. Been reading for like 4 or 5 days now, on chapter 135

The 3 movies always get shit on but after the first half of the first movie onward they get way better. Besides missing some nice scenes like Bonfire of Dreams and weird things like Griffith being there when Guts slays 100 men, the movies are actually pretty good, definitely what I'd recommend first for people who've never touched Berserk.

because animators that good don't exist anymore and the ones that do are way too expensive

Vampire Hunter D (2000), it's pretty cool and the animation is great. Somewhat underwhelming towards the end though, worth a watch.

I think those films are underrated, yeah. But it is weird that they're three whole films for the one part of the story.

>b-but they will fix the animation in season 2
kek, still cant believe people watch this shitshow

it's a movie by madhouse who did ninja scroll, that one highlander movie and redline

Is it Kaiji ? It's still running ?!

XD

How could you recommend spoiling some of the greatest arcs by watching the inferior anime adaptation? It's not like the manga has a long wind-up either, it gets straight to the action.

skip the black swordsman arc and jump directly to golden age

slow it down, if you speedread you're going to miss a LOT. Read a few volumes a week, and think about the characters and the themes presented, really take in the artwork. You'll enjoy it a lot more that way.

I have a friend who read the manga in a week and he didn't remember significant parts of the story. I mentioned the part where Guts rides on Nosferatu Zodd's back to cut a hole in Emperor Ganishka's storm cloud form and he had absolutely no recollection of that happening despite it being one of the most well known setpieces of the entire manga.

Akagi.

Washizu Mahjong was the grand finale for the series (and takes up 250 of the 300 chapters). It's slated to conclude in february so all that's left is the epilogue stuff.

This reply fucking pissed me off

I'm probably going to reread all of it in a few months anyway, there's about 350ish chapters so far right?

Real talk. Is there any chance of getting proper anime adaptation after 2016 abomination that continues from where the 90s anime left?

Was it explained where this dog form comes from? I read Berserk years ago and don't remember.
Was it the result of the branding? I remember that Guts had a voice talking to him before he got into the suit.

Yeh is called Samurai Jack

I blasted through it in a week or two just around christmas time and fucking adored it. Right now I'm building a physical collection and really taking the time to soak in all the smaller details as I re-read it.

It's his inner beast, basically all his rage for Griffith.

>But it is weird that they're three whole films for the one part of the story.

Well it is a lot of stuff to cram into only 3+ hours. The anime is 10 hours long across 25 episodes, I think they did a really good job condensing 10 hours into 3 short length movies that run for like 3 and a half hours.

I was gonna say after eclipse jump back to black swordsman
it kinda spoils it, or at least diminishes the impact

minus out all the CGI scenes with properly animated 2d and theyll be worth watching
certain scenes from the movies definitely standout though and should be viewed

>those disgusting lines

Literally why?
It looks like fucking piss, like some deviantart kid applied his first photoshop filter.

It's hard when the manga is so insanely good though. I just started re-reading it after 4 years or so, reading three chapters/one volume per night and spending time on appreciating the art. There's so much foreshadowing, I'm enjoying it even more than the first time.

About 350 yeah, but just be warned that there's a very significant drop in quality somewhere around chapter 270. There's still some really good stuff here and there but the plot loses all sense of direction.

They could have at least put as much effort in as BLAME! did. Fuck, even Knights of Sydonia looked better, but maybe that's cuz I don't expect mechas to move smoothly in the first place.
>not enough solid curbstomps in your weebshit

Awful CG

HAHAHA

BERSERKucks WILL aLWAYS BE KEKED

>manga is garbage and went on hiatus multiple times
>guts gets fucking raped by a midget nigger
>then gets cucked by his best friend (she enjoyed it)
>takes guts EIGHT FUCKING YEAARS to get of the boat
>later they finally get a new season
>It's CGI garbage worse than DBsuper

>then they finally get a game and it's just as garbage as the anime

HAHAHA

Fucking hell just link the fucking MEGAs

I dropped off a little after they got off the boat. The laziness and digital art mixed with these ngs still running so fucking slow when they got the village just turned me off.

Has it been going okay since then?

>About 350 yeah, but just be warned that there's a very significant drop in quality somewhere around chapter 270. There's still some really good stuff here and there but the plot loses all sense of direction.
Oh man, that's a real shame

It's slowly been getting better.

dragons dogma is the closest thing you will ever get

you have to come in terms with that

and hey, bitteblack with guts build and loli mage/ mercedes fighter pretty much nails it

it also comes out again for ps4/xb1 so you're good anyway

Sup Forums has arrived

Not much has happened, quality (in terms of image quality) is still not like before and probably never will be.
Storywise, I will not say if it is good or not because that is highly dependant on the next 1-2 chapter.

The game was fine. Not the best it could have been, but it was far from shit.

Alright, I'll try and dive back in once I finish rereading Moore's Swamp thing.

Need to catch back up on Jojolion too, that zombie arc just pissed me off and I haven't gotten back to it either yet.

So we're at one of those either something big will happen or nothing will happen moments?

That's the thing people are memed into believing though, the CG in the movies is only "bad" in parts of the first movie. After that, the 2nd and 3rd movie steps it up and blends the CG with the animation really well to the point that you don't even notice it 90% of the time and on top of that they don't even use it as much so you get more raw animation than the 1st movie. Most people just jumped on the Berserk movie hate bandwagon I swear, if you actually watch past the 1st movie the visuals get much better and as a result the movies have some amazing scenes that easily make it worth watching on top of the anime / manga.