Hope you're practicing in the waiting rooms, because RIBBONASTY is coming for you this weekend

Hope you're practicing in the waiting rooms, because RIBBONASTY is coming for you this weekend.

Are you looking forward to B-Ball this weekend? Do you think we'll get the other three fighters to test?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j2oF1J9EO8w?t=3h26m52s
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/869387539232169986
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't wait for more Ribbon mirrors. The best experience you can have in ARMS. Not looking forward to Ninja Dunk: The Movie: The Game.

If we get the other fighters, I hope they don't remove anyone. Would suck dicks to get your main removed.

Is ribbon girl really that good?

If the other three replace three others fro last weekend, I feel like anybody who mains Spring-a-ling, R-I-B-B-O-N, and the Egyptian Prime Minister is safe, and Ninjara and Min Min seem less likely given their popularity. Helix and Mechanica seem like the obvious picks to replace though.

As far as 6 hours can tell us without the full roster, Ribbon Girl seems to be the trickiest to deal with if it's a good Ribbon Girl player.

I never realized how shit my reaction times are until I started playing fighting games, and ARMS is no exception. At least I know for a fact that I can improve them, but it's going to take me a long ass time.

its not that hard,also you need to predict movement before it happens most people will hit with their right hand first than with the left or throw a grab

since i'm a leftie i always pick my favorite arm on the left, then see what strats i can use later on

>Pro Controller users can cross their arms
I dont know why this is useful, but RIP motion control fags. All we need is a dedicated wide-grab button and stick users will be the dominant force.

>Every ARMS user has spiral pupils
>Mechanica having no ARMS has normal pupils
>Twintelle has no ARMS but does have spiral pupils

Are Twintelle's twintails actually her real arms? Are her "arms" prosthetics made by Mechanica? Is she a prototype of DNA man? How deep does ARMS lore go?

ARMS ability doesnt always mean stretchy arms. It can appear on any body part or hair, even facial hair.

>dedicated wide-grab button
Because having a larger opportunity to punch through a grab is a good fucking idea.

B-ball is pretty much Grab Spam: the minigame, which isn't really different from what people were doing already. But I'm already addicted to the game so any more opportunities to play I'm all in for.

Controller can't even curve their punches at the same degrees with as much nuance. Have fun crossing your arms whatever the fuck that will do for you

Are you serious? You mean that one pic of Springman giving the 'ol springaling to Ninjara is canon?

Holy mother of God.

Is mummy low tier? Is he not REAL SOVIET DAMAGE!? I was looking forward to playing him.

any grab is easily droppable, wide grab is useful, I assume, for dashing niggas.
whatever homie, I'll catch you online.

maybe, but its more likely that Mummy players suck. They have a harder time as well with slippery dudes and faster characters

Weirdly enough, I'm a righty but I put my more reliable arm on the left

just believe in yourself user

literally a jap won the ARMS tourney with master mummy

You sure will

He is. I don't think his default ARM selection works for him. He needs an ARM with stun so he can reliably punish with his 200 damage Mummy dunk.

Meant to say that he is REAL SOVIET DAMAGE, not that he is low tier.

Everyone has trouble with slippery fucks and paralysis, but what makes mummy good?

Is there a video?

I wanna main spring man. Any tips?
>motion control user here.

Like the other anons said, he just has issues with his base arms set. Change out his Megatons for mega watts, maybe switching his Retorcher for a stun arm and he'll be great. You'll just need to practice with him.
You got this user!

>Hold dash to charge and let go when an attack is coming
>equip Arms with useful charges to make the most of his comeback mechanic
>lose because Springman is low tier

youtu.be/j2oF1J9EO8w?t=3h26m52s here you go buddy

It never occurred to me before because I never fought a good DNA player, but how do you counter that duck?
Do you have to jump punch, or is he only invulnerable for a short time while doing it?

Who has the best as out of these 6?

I have to go with Master Mummy

What did you say about my spring? Remember, that tiers are a meme.

i think every subsequent punch after the initial duck targets him fine. It doesnt last forever either
go away ribbonshitter, no one cares about your OP gayness

Now that sounds like something a low tier god would say

he can't stay down forever

either that or just jump and throw punches at him

how can she give you handjobs with arms like that

Ribbonjobs

Typically, I dash and wait until a chance to grab. Worked out for the best.

Then again I'm not that great. Surprisingly though never lost a match at v ball with Springman.

Literary everything he do MinMin do better

I just really like his design. it's either him, or Kid Cobra that will be my main boy. But cause Cobra isn't playable in the Test Punch I can't say much. I like playing characters based off their designs, rather than their playstyles, because I'm autistic like that.
MinMin is too mainstream. Plus she kicks, what's the point? It's called ARMS.

that sounds painful

Play him honestly, as in respecting attacks and other peoples arms, Charge a ton and dash move while you are fully charged, you parry attacks like that. Don't be dissing his jumps plus air dodges, that helps me set up grabs and wall bounces like crazy. I mainly play with traditional, but I've been the top of every lobby that I soloed mained springman in. Oh and this is the most important part, Have fun.

Thanks, appreciate the tips. And of course, the best thing is to have fun. Nice image btw.

>Plus she kicks, what's the point? It's called ARMS
Fucking compelling argument, mate
With springman you need yo charge your ARM to do his thing (same with the french bitch I think), with MinMin you can do her kick whatever you want, she has the superior disable tool

>Now let's take up... ARMS
Nips are adorably goofy sometimes.

>slower speed and jump height
>easy as fuck to knock out her uncharged dragon arms
Sure she can use her kicks while shes jumping around in the air,but on the ground she can only use it while dodging backwards. Springaling can do it in any direction in both air and ground. Min min is still a solid character and is my secondary but don't act like shes amazing.

What exactly should I be focusing on practising in the training mode if I want to get good? Are you doing some sort of drills or self imposed challenges?

I didn't, I says she's better than springman, which is a fact
And you can do a mini-jump and then kick to the side

so.... are all the characters amputee's or something?

Or just robits?

they just wake up one day with stretchy arms

Will you help poor Ninjara out, Sup Forums?

in to a grave maybe

On Day 2, though, the finals went down to a Ribbon mirror. And the winner timerscammed. Cheesy as fuck, but it's still a win.

Regardless, if Mummy can win a first-timer tourny, he can do anything. Just have to capitalize on his GIRTH and 200 DAMAGE THROWS.

Don't bully poor Ninjara!
He is cute!

They wake one day with extendable coiled arms. Then they built a spectator sport around watching these freaks beat on each other.

Stop this right now, or else.

This is so fun to watch, holy shit. It almost makes me want to play a 3 person FFA.

Almost.

so they're all mutant's essentially?

pretty much

Except for Tron Bonne. She's just a regular girl who wanted ARMS, but didn't. Made a mech suit that had ARMS and is somehow legal in tournaments.

Like chiseled stone.

>mummy art
what a rare sight

>Mummy fanart
Slowly but surely. Mummy's the true top tier.

The whole training room exploit doesn't work for me for some reason. I did everything (Turn on proxy and set it to 1.1.1.1) but it only lasts for a few seconds and kicks me out. Guess i'm fucked

So what does Spring Man's charge do exactly? (Holding down the L button)

it only lasts for a few seconds. There's an exploit user found before this proxy stuff that lengthens the exploit time. like 3-5 minutes

>Not wanting Ninja Dunk: The Movie: The Game.
I guess that's what happens when you don't want to watch an orgy of four ninjaras going at it.

I think you have to have the connection set up so that it can reach your router but not the internet during the connection test.

Just take the actual wifi connection you use and set the proxy to 1.1.1.1

the 3 ffa becomes fun once you know how to use the change target button
if people try to gangbang you, just get in middle of both so they hit each other and completely forget about you

Charging in general (what every character can do by holding jump or dash button) or Spring Man's deflect from a charge? If you left go of the button while charging as Spring Man you deflect incoming punches.

It's quite pleasant. Like a silk tissue.

literally mummy reaction when losing to helix

What does exactly does stun attribute do (tribolt, chakram, whammer). I'm trying it out in offline waiting room and it doesn't seem to really do anything. The other elements are obvious.

If you mean the electric it disables both arms on the opponent and leaves them wide open, they cant even dash away

I specifically said stun, not electric. Electric is sparky, megawatt, and revolvers.

It's just a flinch basically. Fuck those whammers.

just some extra hitstun for easier combos

Even to Mummy?

>mfw double slapamanders

Honestly I don't know, but every other elemental goes through his bullshit.

How good is my boy DNA? I heard he has a huge skill ceiling, that's a pretty good sign.

Elements are the only thing that stun him and mecha, standard hits they guard against. I don't know about the stun "element" though

Its barely feels different than getting hit normally. I was thinking it was extra hitstun/stagger but wasn't sure.

Ice seems interesting but we don't have too much of it in the demo outside Ice Dragon. Very potent slow that basically disables dashing and jumping. They can still punch normally though. Chilla and Coolerang could be fun to use.

He sucks at volleyball.

>stretching over the net and throwing his blorbs over
>sucking
hoo boy

Great movement, kinda meh arms, perfectly playable and fun though.

>implying the ball ever reaches my side

we get it you're an elitist ribbonfag, when do you plan to stop

Never ever, not even if she's bottom tier.

But your face clearly has two sparkys.

Give me Ribbon Girl tips please user, I'm going to play as her in the next test punch.

I hope that you're happy in knowing that you're the only source of my hate for this character

Learned a few things about the different ARMS so far but I wish there was an CPU that would attack so I can practice blocking, dodging, and parrying.

Double slapamander is great 1v1.
Jump and dash like hell.
Drop straight down and charge by holding dash mid-air.
If you're against Mummy or Mechanica, swap one slapamander for a sparky. A charged electric punch goes right through their bullshit.

Also dashing around is hard as hell with motion controls.

Ribbon Girl tips

>If opponent is being agressive try to double jump over his punches then dive in front of him to attack him, this is even better if you have a Sparky Arm equipped because it will be charged after diving which will allow you to stun and either grab them or unleash rush if you have it charged without fear of opponent dodging or blocking it.

>If you are in a dodging fest with opponent and have the Slapamander Arm equipped curve it towards the direction he is jumping to try to hit him.

>you can do a mid air grab attempt and still stay in the air long enough to do another jump, and by extension another airdash, ect?

You can attempt to grab while airborne, and if the opponent moves out of the way, you can do another quick hop and airdash to get out of the way of their counterattack, preferably with a grab that'll hit this time.

It's good against slippery targets who'll focus on counters rather than make the first move themselves, good for other Ribbons, Ninjaras and possibly Helix who know no one plays him.

>If you have slapamander equipped you don't have to be up close especially on a medium stage or smaller.

What I have so far with some help from anons this weekend

Hey thanks heaps anons.

twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/869387539232169986

I'm not sure, but I think this tweet is saying that Mechanica had the highest win rate. Also, that gif of her arms spinning outside the border needs a Sup Forums version

I bet every jap this weekend will be using her instead of Ninjara.
Why are they such tryhards?