/gba/

I just bought a Game Boy Micro for cheap from a co-worker.

These are the old GBC/GBA games I have. All these games are the best games. Not point in arguing that fact. (with the exception of Rampage). What games should I add to my immaculate collection? I'm in a purchasing mood.

Also, is it worth it getting custom carts on Etsy? For example, you can get Mother 3 with the fan translation on there. Is that just gonna crap out on me in 3 months or what?

/gba/ thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt64IzBP4xU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>what looks like an air mattress
Buy a real bed instead of games you child

>Gameboy micro

HAH!

you tried putting a gameboy cart in the micro yet?

OP absolutely on suicide watch

>battle network 4

lol

and pretty sure GB/GBC games don't even work with micro.

>tfw lost most of my GBA/GBC/GB games/brother stole them.
>tfw some remaining have the label peeled off.

But user that's just the air mattress in my spare bedroom. Here's my actual bed.

What are some rare gems I should be on the lookout for?

Fire emblem 6,7,8
tactics ogre let us cling together
Hajime no ippo the fighting
advance wars 1-2
mario and luigi super star saga
megaman zero 1-4
wario land 4/warioware/twisted
Ninja five 0 (meme)

I'm well aware that the micro can't play GB/C games. My recent purchase of it just got me in the mood to talk about GBA and updating my collection.

Playing these games was never the problem.

i don't want to talk with you

dragon warrior monsters
gameboy camera
pokemon pinball

Nice OP.

Good finds, but I tried recently replaying some SP games and the tiny fucking screen was tough to get used to. I really wanted to just buy a gameboy advance player for the cube, but itll probably look like shit on composite and all blown up.

Zoids Legacy for GBA is the tits

Yeah, I've been test running Super Mario World on this Micro and the teeny tiny screen is going to take some getting used to. I think it doesn't lend itself well to action-y games. I'm looking into picking up Advance Wars or Golden Sun since those are slower.

cute cat

You need both GBA Fire Emblems

I mean there's technically 3, but the first one wasn't released outside of Japan.

>Game Boy Micro
Worthless garbage.

Found these two at a yard sale, the guy was selling a bulk of like 20 games and a two GBAs for $30, it was mostly software but among those there was also:
>Sonic Advance
>Zelda Minish Cap
>Super Mario Advance
>Namco Museum
>And a Crash Bandicoot game

r

Shovelware* not software

OP absolutely not on suicide watch anymore

is the gameboy advance SP screen actually tiny though? I want to get one for nostalgia but it's hard to beat emulators

Not the best collection, I sold a lot off as a kid. Still some good ones though.

That's kind of what I was talking about in the OP- does anyone have any experience buying carts like pic related from Etsy or elsewhere?

It's a fan translation of that Fire Emblem game that you can play on the real hardware. Should I bother buying or is this just complete shit? I obviously don't trust the glowing reviews on the product page.

yeah its tiny, compared to whats out like the Vita. But I take it with me when I go cut my hair and use it while I wait. Taking out a huge DS seems autistic in those situations. It took getting used to, but it does kinda suck.

Don't buy repro carts, get the right materials and learn how to make them yourself.

Get a flash cart.

What's a good one to get?

The everdrive if you want to drop a hundred bucks

I have mother 3 and Binding blade from etsy. There pretty good, mother 3 still has a 4 year old save but binding blade's save got deleted and i was halfway done. I braked for like a year so idk. it saves now but i feel like itll go out again.

Good to know, thanks. I think I'm gonna get Mother 3 from there to play through it for the first time.

>rare
Idk

Super Robot Taisen OG1 and 2
Zone of the Enders: The fist of Mars
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Advance Guardian Heroes
Warioland 4
Pokemon Emerald/Green or Red/ mystery dungeon / Pinball
Megaman Zero
Megaman Battle Network 2 and 3
Chu Chu Rocket
Fire Emblem games
Boktai
Metroid Fusion and Zero mission
Summon Night
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak

Correction on something i remembered: I bot the binding blade on ebay not etsy, right before roy was announced so it was like 20 bucks. after he came out they were charging like 50/60. so idk about ebay quality.

Shilling this gem again because it deserves it.

This does indeed look pretty solid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt64IzBP4xU

Forgot to ask- how it the ROTK game?

I loved these games on PS2, glad to see they were also quality on a completely different system.

That video doesn't even show the depth of character leveling or the loot system. It's like Diablo.

Wario Land 3 is amazing

Believe it or not FUCKING GAMESTOP's online store has some decent prices for GBA games compared to Amazon/eBay

Bought Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4, and Superstar Saga there for about half of the normal selling price

Haven't played it, but it looks like it follows the same Diablo formula. I might emulate it later.

I know. I liked it a lot better than Wario Land 4. Why remove the awesome signature mechanic of being invincible and "losing" by being knocked back to the start of a level? Just felt lazy to me to start using health.

It was also my first pseudo-metroidvania. It blew my mind that you could get new abilities and go back to new levels to reach new areas. Fuck, I gotta replay it.