S.T.A.L.K.E.R

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is better than the Fallout series.
-Better atmosphere
-Lots of mods
-Actually difficult
-Mutants are actually a threat
-CoC is fun as hell
-Quests are actually interesting
-Better music
-Better gameplay
The only thing it loses to Fallout 4 is in graphics.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-26-former-stalker-team-will-develop-survarium-openly-with-community
rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/25/stalker-2-dead-again-but-now-theres-survarium/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The only thing it loses to Fallout 4 is in graphics.
Nope. Not even that.
I also hate how people nowadays think that FO3-4 is the entire "series".

Not gonna be much of a discussion because you're objectively correct, OP

Can someone point me in the direction of which stalker game and mods I need to have the best experience

See this post in the other thread that just started: There's also the 24/7 general on /vg/

Hey thanks user

why those fucking ukies wont rerelease stalker on modern consoles? why do they still fuck around with that terrible f2p shooter?
fucking WHY?

Survarium is not related to STALKER at all.

It's much more consistent than Fallout, I'll say. For 1, 2, and New Vegas, you have three shit games.
How would Stalker even work on consoles? It requires much more precision than a controller could allow for.

>fallout series
>fallout 4
>fallout 4 better than anything

NV > 2 > STALKER > 3 > 4

fuck off with you bait thread, both series are great

>bait
>Fallout 4 is great

You can't do stalker on console without making the controls and UI into a clusterfuck.

What do?
Call of Pripyat for the first time ever or play S of C again but with mods for the first time

play CS.

>That AK-74 texture
That screenshot is from long before 2007, even.

Post your waifu bois

I got 8 hours in CS, I really wanted to get into it but I just struggled.
That said I loved S of C and I really do need to finally give CofP a go. I'll probably do that, and then play with modding SofC

sure, no connections there. There's only the team working on it, the general setting and the gameplay.
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-26-former-stalker-team-will-develop-survarium-openly-with-community
rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/25/stalker-2-dead-again-but-now-theres-survarium/

it would work in the same way every FPS released on console works. Believe it or not, but there are lots of FPS games being released on consoles.

>controls and UI
Just use the most generic CoD style control scheme and menu-based inventory management, PDA and all that other shit.

or mods. Still, the engine itself is ancient, as are most of the assets. But being developed exclusively for the PC results much higher quality than ye typical AAA console dev would do for a multiplat trash.

You posted a fact, there is nothing to discuss

>Just use the most generic CoD style control scheme and menu-based inventory management, PDA and all that other shit.
fuck no.

On top of that, the AI would demolish console players who just cannot aim fast and accurate enough without huge aim-assist, and adding one would render the bullet physics and gear-progression obsolete.

>tile patterns
I came

small price if it could help funding Stalker 2

>pc games thread

>Not liking Stalker and Fallout equally

>small price if it could help funding Stalker 2
Funding was never a problem, and the Slavs have the right mentality of laughing at the pathetic consoles and their gimped down trash.

user...

Funding ain't a problem but they cant even make a spiritual successor or even an actual game. Try out Survarium, you will learn about their mentality and see the definition of trash. Kill two birds with one stone.

>CoP
>2007
everytime

the right side shot is from SoC. And all 3 use the same engine, just different release versions, and mostly same assets.

Sure buddy I enjoyed Fallout Shelter now which DLC do you recommend me?