MVCI Thread

So, anything that might bring back your attention after the leaked roster?
I was, and I am pretty excited about the gameplay, but after the leaks, it just shows that Capcom will keep having good ideas followed by shit decisions, just like SFV, and I don't want to be in that rollercoaster again.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-roster-dlc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

JUST A REMINDER

FOUR DAYS TILL THAT SHIT LEAKED ROSTER BECOMES A REALITY

im just glad that katt isn't in it.
i wish that russian autist was here so i could rub it in his ugly stupid face

All I wanted was my boy Asura

Me too, but I wanted another BOF rep.

breath of fire has been dead for 20 years it's time to let go

Wasn't some leak made today about asura, leon, starlord, and venom (dlc)? Could of swore I heard that.
I know user. I still hope for fou lu some day.
BoFVI exists (^: and kills me on the inside every singe day.

Behind a paywall.
I'll preorder the deluxe edition if they announce him or Nina in the season pass though.

i heard about the venom dlc leak AGES ago. and the other ones seem likely as well

The game looks FUCKING GROSS. It's like it doesn't know if it wants to
be realistic or cartoon looking. This game is LITERALLY street fighter x
tekken reskined with marvel & capcom characters, right down to the
whole "gem" system it was hated for (replaced with infinity stones).
in The textures & animations look bad, look at that captain America
intro when he talks in the trailer, watch his mouth movements. Also, why's he all
hunched over like that? Did I mention that this game looks like a
fucking SMARTPHONE/IPAD GAME? Why Does this game look like a
regurgitated MVC3? All the voice lines and special attacks are the same,
but it sounds as though SOME of them have been re-recorded. The difference is
that the voice line delivery and things on the visual end aren't as
powerful or exciting as they were in marvel 3. Can anyone tell me why
all the movesets and voice lines are the same btw? I guess that just
because they slapped Mega Man X into it, I'm supposed to accept this
GooglePlay Store lookin' ass game as the next step for MvC? And for all
you people who're saying "THIS IS EARLY PRE-ALPHA FOOTAGE" yeah, yeah,
fuck you, the final end result is never really far off from the
originally shown "pre-alpha footage" stuff. On a side note I'm so glad
that UMVC3 is released on steam/PC, it's one of my dreams come
true. I just hope the online doesn't die out as quickly as every other
fighting game on steam......

> drop gems
> 3v3
> X-men not DLC

Only thing that can make me consider this turd.

I'm just looking forward to seeing and hearing more of X, even if it and the rest of the game sucks. At least I'll have gotten what I came for.

If Venom or Asura are in it, in any form, I'll pick it up and buy their DLC if necessary.

But aside from that, I"m gonna need to see some actual pros playing, with Yipes on the mic, to generate some hype for this game.

This so much

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur vs Regina
Kid Kaiju vs Jin
Doctor Octopus vs Doctor Wily
Iceman vs Yeti
Luke Cage vs Haggar/Zangief
Iron Fist vs Gene

There were so many good matches that they could have went with.

i think it looks great, and I like that it still looks mechanically very similar to marvel 3 since that game was also incredible.

Oh shit, is that zero's arm? That's cool as fuck.

Or it gets debunked.
But assuming always the worst is more convenient for the Internet, right?

>vs
the roster isn't set up to pit characters specifically against eachother, you know. Has never been like that.

Mechanically it's quite different, are you stupid?
>2v2 instead of 3v3
>no assists
>gems with their own moves and buffs instead of all-purpose X-factor
>can tag in/out like SFxT
>universal combo just by mashing the Light button

Tbh, it's good that the game looks like a smartphone game, that way it can play well on other platforms...then we could have cross platform multiplayer. I really love the "Marvel Contest of Champions" graphics, no one complained about that game....why complain about this one? Loving the roster btw, I pre ordered it on xbone and will be buying the DLC..what was it...6 characters along with sigma if you pre-order? Count me in!

Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't seen a pic like this sooner. The full armor ones are more common.

>right down to the
>whole "gem" system it was hated for (replaced with infinity stones).
Post discarded

gamerant.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-roster-dlc/

movement and combos still look similar. also all of those changes aren't necessarily bad.

you're either a shill, false-flagging like a motherfucker, or need to lurk more until you learn what an acceptable posting style is.

>So, anything that might bring back your attention after the leaked roster?
I don't give a flying shit, it's pretty clear that to even get MvCI to be a thing, Capcom had to completely capitulate to who Marvel wants in the game so fuck that. It's going to be one boring choice after another if Jedah of all picks is what people think of as left field.

>This game is LITERALLY street fighter x
tekken reskined with marvel & capcom characters, right down to the
whole "gem" system it was hated for (replaced with infinity stones).

You lost me there. The game is ugly right now, yeah, the roster is boring, yeah, but the gameplay seems tight as fuck.

check that out

Apparently, the game was originally a Capcom Fighting Jam of some sorts before Marvel removed their heads out of their asses after the plan of making games in house failed.

>marvel 3 since that game was also incredible
as someone who never reached or played with people at the plateau of turning it into a one-touch-kill game, I thought UMvC3 was a great game. I don't think a fighting game's quality should be defined solely by how it plays at the very highest level. That's like judging a game only by how active the speedrunning scene for it is.

All of those picks are pretty stale.

And fuck Frank West and Chris being in this in general.

Riku is shifty. Even though I want Asura there's no way I'd trust him.

Rikurikumore was debunked already. all the leaks he got right, was leaked by someone else before.

did you read the part with
asura, capitan commando and leon ?

that's actually a common opinion. if you are a fan of fighting games
AT ALL
you fucking love marvel. no one can even tell me they don't cuz they're obviously lying

that seems unlikely, where did you even hear that?

I mean, I always see love for MvC2, but then someone brings up 3 and everyone starts giving it shit.

Wasn't MvC2 the one where 80% of the roster was from SF or the Xmen? And game balance so bad that only 6 characters out of 52 were even considered tournament viable?

Meanwhile people whine about Zero/Doom/Vergil, but I see a hell of a lot more diversity in a MvC3 top 8 than a MvC2.

the truth on the character list is in a few days

Leon is fine, Captain Commando is fine, Asura is fine, but Leon AND Chris being in the same game? Not only that but RE6 Chris copy/pasted from MVC3? I reiterate, fuck that. And Frank should have stayed gone.

It'd be nice if they redid all the faces, especially X's, and made his Lvl1 super look more like the original game.

It'd be double sweet to see him bust out his Giga Armor and start shooting his double charged shots.

I want more variety and hope it isn't Atleast final
I love Arthur and firebrand
But it makes no sense to have both with limited series representation

The biggest problem, to me, is too many returning and not enough unique newcomers

I would have preferred Rathalos alone as Monster Hunter's rep, some generic nameless guy in Rathalos armor is the most default motherfucker Capcom could have put in. Los being a Juggernaut style big and heavy character would have been way better.

>too many returning
what? the roster got absolutely gutted.

half cast returning, other half new characters......
thats actually pretty good

i'd be surprised if wolvie magneto and sentinel didnt make it in somehow

This. Capcom should take opportunities like this to stuff their games with as many of their unique reps as possible. Otherwise the alternative is what Nintendo does with Smash becoming Mario surrounded with people using swords.

Fuck, capcom, if you're so eager to reuse assets, why not bring 6 more to have more representation on your side, and not a ridiculously small roster?

it's 32 characters in the game according to the leak, and 20 of them are returning. Do your math again.

For the record, moving from 2 to 3 was a fucking MASSACRE.

its 38.
they added 6 new ones.
check the new leak

fucking this. MvC2 got so massive because they could re-use a ton of assets, no shame in it for this series.

Now, I can understand slimming down the number of RE, SF, MM, and DMC reps because you wanna make room for more series, so that's fine. And trying different Darkstalkers is neat, too. But Amaterasu, Joe, Haggar, and Phoenix shoulda been gimmes.

Also, why the fuck would you get both Chris AND Leon in the game? How could they possible play differently, except for arbitrary reasons? They're both gun-havers, that's it.

ALSO, the fuck is up with double-dipping into Ghosts-n-Goblins? Does it have a reboot coming up I'm not aware of?

The only interesting thing about this game is prospect of interesting skins for thirty-odd humdrumvee character choices.

What new leak?

New leak comes from a bullshit source, idiot.

>humdrumvee

Would've been nice if Terrence Howard stuck around as Rhodey instead of Don Cheadle.

old man game
old man genre

GGPO netcode
Fast loading times
Rooms where multiple people can play at once (like Xrd)
One of the characters has a good crossunder

you know, that's both lazy and awesome.

One one hand, they just re-used sprites from all their other games. But on the other hand, isn't it cool to basically get the sum total of Capcom's fightan output from 94 to 2000 in one package?

I think they can salvage it if they promise every season comes with 2 free characters for everyone for the first 4 seasons to bump the free roster up from 28 to 32

Cammy was in X-Men VS Street Fighter before Alpha 3

except this game they are doing rivals, doc ock is confirmed to be in as dlc with asura

Carol with chun-li, dante with gamora for some fucking reason

I thought it was Ryu/Carol and X/Iron Man.

he has never been proven he is legit, he kept saying black widow is going to be in the game yet nothing proves this

The comic variants we are getting do not have a spot for black widow

Ryce said he never even heard about her at all

he seems to know the base roster and just added in random guesses to get people thinking he knows more then he knows

>confirmed to be DLC with Asura

You're talking about the interview right? That was the producer teasing, we don't even know if he was telling the truth.

the fact that you have to reach at all should be a warning sign.

doc ock was leaked as dlc by the cover variants marvel is doing and and the rivals are confirmed in the story and arcade. Asura was also leaked by rikki so it lines up

This is what I've been saying for fucking years now.

>i-it not like I am upset over my shitty BoF character (protip: everyone not named Katt) not making the cut or a-anything! K-kattfag btfo!

If they add Star-Lord into the game, give more Mega Man reps, and give Ant-Man a classic Hank Pym costume.

They got to add actual iconic costumes for the characters
why are we getting half assed gladiator hulk and asura evil ryu? give us actual classic designs not these re imaginings

davay, sosunok

>Riku
He's iffy. He gave that huge list and when the real one got leaked he changed most of it by saying "I never specified". He seems to know a lot more than Riku, which is suspicious in itself.

This game is literally made to push marvel's cinematic universe.

either way doc ock and rivalries are confirmed from other sources, I mean seriously the comic that happens to gets a variant besides the main line spider man comic is one with doc ock as the big bad

What is the point og Katt when there already are a bunch of different Capcom catgirls?
Even Marvel has Tigra and Feral for furry types, Black Cat and Hellcat for "wearing a themed costume".

i just wanted to see if i could summon you
I'm like high summoner here

>What is the point og Katt when there already are a bunch of different Capcom catgirls?
She's arguably the hottest and unarguably my bae. Also, transformations and series repping. Now may I ask, what's was the point of people prolongedly posting here their picks?

We don't know if rivalries will carry into DLC as well.

Hell if that's the case I wouldn't be surprised to see Darth Vader appear as the rival to Sigma.

Because if you get bingo you get a free copy of MVCi from Capcom

That surely explains the obscure picks...

well its easy to say thats not happening, ultron and sigma are rivals.
>but sigma is dlc
you really think they did not plan them both to be dlc at once point.

also Disney owns marvel not the other way around disney treats marvel like a different entity

Plus it's 20 covers. The base roster + DLC is only 17 since three of the DLC is for marvel.

Unless "6 all new" DLC means six for each side

Would you guys be happier if they reused MVC1/2 assets to make MvC:I and ported it to everything possible with GGPO netcode and automated tournaments w/ a side scroller mode like Tekken Force? Even if it obviously looked lower budget but had content to back it up?

>Darth Vader has a comic by marvel
It COULD happen

they had to literally ask disney for permission and Disney even said they were looking at a different company just like disney had to ask marvel for permission to use their characters in disney infintiy and was actually told no they wanted to have a marvel game universe and that would interfere with that

As if it needs more pushing. They're already a juggernaut in the movie biz.

it means 3 for each side for season1 meaning

14 marvel characters
plus 6 other covers still with out reps meaning we will know the first 2 seasons of dlc for the marvel side

No, but I'd be happier if they just made a new version of MvC3 with all the new characters ported over to that game, plus a few others.

Jesus Christ why would they make Ryu look like that?

And Ryu is way better looking than Chun. Shit, how can we pass from Marvel 3 or SFV Chun to that rat thing in Infinite ?

Like what?

Cammy is actually from XvSF

On a scale of 1-10 how mad will you be when they Sigma's half of Wolverine's moves because of pic related

>tfw your 2 favorite vidya chars are Ryu and Mega Man
this game sucks. im not at all excited like an autistic manchild to play it

>Wolverine is replaced by Raizo from Rival Schools

The Doc Oc Asura rivalry comes from an interview with the producers.

2. Not much. Sigma does fight like Wolverine in that game, but that means less scythes.

When did Jin become so wacky and hotblooded? He seemed pretty cool-headed, if excitable, in Cyberbots.

Because he has to fight with his fists instead of a robot