This is unironically GOTY

This is unironically GOTY

oops wrong pic

wrong pic again, sorry

Today it's not my day it seems... This was the pic I wanted!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S NOT A GOOD GAME BECAUSE IT'S FROM JAPAN I FUCKING HATE ANIME THE ONLY GAME I PLAYED IN THE LAST 10 YEARS IS THE WITCHER 3 AND I FUCKING HATE YOU WEEABOOS YOU DON'T BELONG TO 4CHIN WEST>EAST ALL DAY FUCCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nier Automata has a far better vidya story than either Witcher 3 or The Last of Us or whatever it is you reddit normies like. Not even a weeb, just know when to recognize a classic.

I unironically think this is a bad game

No one gives a shit

>unironically thinks it's GOTY
No one gives a shit

Got you to reply faggot

unironically worst platinum game to date alongside korra

BOTW will win by default, and even if it didn't Automata doesn't deserve it.

I haven't even played BOTW by the way.

Yes it is. Now move on.

But Ape Escape 4 isn't even out yet.
It's a Zelda game, of course it will win GOTY

ahhahaha

Zelda will win either way because it has a massive normie support.
Automata is probably the single best game experience i had in last 5 years though.

Play more video games then.

Oh shit we have a vidya expert here.

I haven't bought a game above $50 in several years. Still waiting for the price to go down. I've seen little minute long videos and I can't wait for the next sales to come around. I 100% Nier,fishing, weapons, ending, everything.

Can't wait for the improved combat, and eye-candy. Someone also told me the music is ever better somehow.

Recently upgraded my PC, how will it run? How's the port?

Not joking, it's a very unpolished game with abysmal level design, unsatisfying combat and it lacks the most important thing in a hack and slash game: Good bossfights.
The music is good, but it just doesn't fit in the game. It could literally be put into any Jrpg game and it wouldn't feel out of place.
The environments are bland and nothing will wow you. Well maybe the station the first time but there is nothing to do there.
The setting is nothing original but it's not bad, can't say the same about the story (it's bad) which was the biggest disappointment for me. On top of that, it's a 3 day game tops. Not to mention some textures and whole areas look like early ps3/360 era. I am convinced that people who praise this game have never played a hack and slash game before and this is their only comparison.

Adjusting the camera so you can zoom in and using the ''self destruct'' was probably the highlight of the game.

I loved Automata but Breath of the Wild is better in almost every single way

Too bad most of that story is in a fucking stage play
The overarching story in Witcher 3 may have sucked, but it had better story telling

go back to steam reviews faggot
maybe people will care

And jesus christ what about adding more than 2 enemies and not variations of the same LITERAL tin-can robots? Fucking hell.
Despite all of that, it's a solid game. a 7/10 tops. And not game of the year material. I am sorry but it's Zelda. YOu can play it or keep shitpost about the best game you Never played.

>Too bad most of that story is in a fucking stage play
>most of the story
>Literally just fleshing out of a detail we already found out from the game
I mean don't get me wrong, the Stage Play is fantastic, and definitely adds depth to the game, but the game is beautifully self-contained, and all the Stage Play does, is give you more detail on The cycle of 9s murders before gamestart

''almost'' every single way?

i am sorry i hurt your feelings

>advertise is as a hack and slash where you play as a gynoid with a nice ass
>spend most of the game playing geometry wars as a shota
>barely play as the A2 with her improved move set over 2B
The biggest fucking problem for me. 9S just isn't a fun character to play as

Voice acting is undeniably better in Automata and BotW barely has a story

>Normal difficulty Is too easy
>Can't get past the tutorial mission on Hard

9S has all melee abilities of 2B aside from second weapon slot.
You probably don't even know he has heavy attacks.

I love this game, and it's probably going to end up as my GOTY, but I'm not that happy about it.
It's not THAT good. The only reason why it's a GOTY contender because we're used to shitty games released completely broken with bland story, bland OST, shitty samey world, and with a generally uninspired setting.
So when a game comes that's only broken for some people on release, uses fairly boring colors, has a story that purely focuses on invoking feelings in the player, has a great OST and animations, and a well designed but ultimately broken combat system everyone loses their fucking minds.
In a perfect world NieR: Automata would be 8 out of 10, but in this world the video game industry is in a horrible state, so it feels a lot better.

>pirate the game
> reach the credits final boss in ending E
>what the fuck is this shit
>literally hours of trying
>finish it through sheer luck
>later go onto forums and realize you are supposed to get help from other players

shame on me for pirating it, but what about people who like playing offline or can't use internet?

My only complaint about the game.

Yeah, that's why I think the story telling isn't very good in Nier, even if the story is great

>Hard makes enemies more aggressive and damaging
Fuck yeah, that's a great way to do higher difficul-
>Also makes them into massive damage sponges
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

That all you got KID

Doesn't change the fact that he isn't FUN

This is my GOTY.

Not him, but I sure fucking didn't. Enlighten me, oh master, so I can actually fucking enjoy playing him.

Heh. Stupid secondary. You just don't get it. This is YOKO. FUCKING. TARO. It doesn't "get" good, thats the point buddy, YOKO TARO. A mind as feeble as yours could never truly appreciate the genius of YOKO FUCKING TARO. The tedious combat represents the tedium in our lives, and being constantly interrupted to go play the hacking minigame symbolizes our desire to escape from the tedium, but only into another form of it. There is no escape, just like there is no escape from BASED YOKO TARO bringing us on his LOONY MAD MAN WILD RIDE yet again! You secondaries will just never get it!

Or if the servers go down. I see the message they were trying to convey but it's a shitty way of doing it

Fun is subjective. He's the only character with multiple actual builds possible for him and way larger amount of tools for every situation.

Someone hasn't tried using a spear with him.

it wouldn't be very hard to put some kind of fake messages to mimic the online network and have the help of fake players

it would literally convey the same meaning without being so complicated

neutral dodge into light string

I know this is of course ironic, but what is this whole "Secondary" thing automatafags always love spouting when faced with actual criticism?

>unironically enjoying playing as the whiny shota
>muh builds
>muh hacking

Damn, I'm getting old. Sorry again

I'll have to try that, thanks.

I think it might have edged out BOTW for me too, such a fucking great experience.

get back to your autism thread

It has fat asses. Admit you fapped played it just for that

I refuse to believe there are people out there who played Automata without playing NieR, just imagine:

>There are people out there didn't recognize Emil in the shopping mall and instead thought "who is this skeleton boy?"

>There are people out there who went through Emils entire sidequest and had no clue what he was saying during the bossfight

>There are people out there who visited Kaine's shack without knowing who she was, without recognizing the music or significance of the Lunar Tear

>There are people out there who met Devola and Popola, played through their atonement and read the VN without an understanding of why their model is discriminated against

YOKO. FUCKING. TARO. CAN. DO. NO. WRONG. GOTY. GOTY. GOTY!!!

this so far

so much content

I'm already in it

Holy frick, that sounds legen fricking excuse me if you're lactose intolerant DARY! This sounds like the last of us of the japanese videogames, might have to check this baby out!

>There are people out there who met Devola and Popola, played through their atonement and read the VN without an understanding of why their model is discriminated against

But the game literally tells you the whole story.

I can't fap to the game's characters after playing it

Top 3 for me

1.Nier A
2. BotW
3. Prey

Honorable Mention: Puyo Puyo Tetris

The rest is pretty valid, but that was plenty well explained in the game, if you're not a fucking retard.

The problem with NieR was that it was a shitty game

lol

>9S has all melee abilities of 2B
>no true charge attacks
>no heavy evade attacks
>no transition attacks
>slower in general
No.

>Nier a Tomato
>GOTY
kek
The only people who praise this piece of trash are ultra weebfags. I got bored within 2 hours and dropped the game altogether after having played 6. The gameplay is shallow as fuck and the story is literally tumblr-tier.
Read a book faggot.

That's already in the game.

And if you're playing offline and you retry enough times it gets easier.

lol brainlets

>He's the only character with multiple actual builds
>multiple builds
>gets 1 or 2 hacking chips the others don't
What did I just read.

>Prey even being in your top 3 - of all the great games released thus far

kek

Reminder.
>nier atomato is literally weeb undertale complete with wacky skeleton side character
>the gameplay and graphics are mediocre but the music is pretty good!
>constantly interrupted to go play a light shmup
>fanart bait

>Western game

I'm a sucker for System Shock 2, and Prey was the closest thing to it in a very long time.

I actually really enjoyed it. I can see why others don't though.

>constantly interrupted to go play a light shmup

come on now, we know you didn't make it to route B.

>Prey

You're an idiot.

You seemed to have gone into this game with the misconception that you would be playing a hack and slash game just because it was made by Platinum. Treating it as anything more than a Nier sequel that would not be as ridiculously simplistic as Drakengard/Nier by virtue of Cavia not making it means you were always going to be disappointed.

Hearing Yoko Taro name is a turn off for me, so no.

>System Shock 2

They're nothing alike, and you're a fucking retard.

None of those are required to understand the story of Automata

>IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BAD

>tfw always wanted to try the original

I just never got a chance. Just started Automata and fucking love it though despite.

What's the best way a fag like me can experience the original without having the means to play it?

He also has enemy hijack mechanic and hacking doesn't stop the cooldown timer of pod programs enabling to make him into a full pod program caster on top of a simple hacker build.
None of those are possible for girls who only have melee going on for them which gets old after 10 hours already.

>if its not a hack n slash its bad

what

that isn't Hollow Knights though?

You're probably right. I was expecting something entirely different. Maybe it's just not for me

Go on ebay and buy a used copy.

not him

Youtube

Heh, you just don't get it, you ignorant plebe. Someone on here was nice enough to explain it to you how this piece of art works.

See, I like System Shock as well, but Prey was a disappointment to me because I came in with that mentality. I reckon I would've enjoyed it more if I treated it as a standalone title.

>You seemed to have gone into this game with the misconception that you would be playing a hack and slash game just because it was made by Platinum. Treating it as anything more than a Nier sequel that would not be as ridiculously simplistic
Was there ever greater proof RPGfags are cancer that should be completely ignored?

I went into Prey blind, maybe that's why I enjoyed it alot

Blind and brainless.

fake news

>buy """RPG""" made by Platinum
>surprised when it's not Devil May Cry
>go on Sup Forums and call others cancer
???

>He also has enemy hijack mechanic
Was pointless outside farming the bunny, and they patched that.

>hacking doesn't stop the cooldown timer of pod programs
Which means he isn't getting to cast more, he's burning up time in a different way.

>to make him into a full pod program caster
You can already play the girls as 'full casters' because most encounters can be stomped with one pod program or spamming Pod B shots.

>who only have melee going on for them
Which is way stronger than hacking and their Pod use isn't any weaker.

>Prey
Prey is a fucking copypaste 2007 game with slightly better graphics, the fact that its even a GOTY runner up just shows your taste.
The only legit GOTY candidates right now are BOTW, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Hollow Knight and Yakuza 0.