Western fighting game is best fighting game

>Western fighting game is best fighting game
How did this happen? How? HOW?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLQYUxfzfhI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Metacritic score

The west is far superior to the east when it actually applies itself. Everyone knows this.

Isn't the tekken 7 score only low because of the "lack of modes"? If that's the case who gives a shit, fighting games only need online VS to be good

Remember when the PS2 Mortal Kombat games were awarded best fighting game of the year awards left and right? Good times, glad Netherrealm and MK are back.

delet this at once

is guilty gear good i have injustice and tekken i want another

You need to understand that "gaming journalists" are not actual journalists.
They dont play games, they dont even like games.
They want to be "hip" and its "hip" to like comic books and superheroes and to be a "geek".
Thats why they naturally have to rate a game about marvel superheroes atop of everything else.
Injustice 2 will be dead in a month while Tekken and Street Fighter will still go strong.

>Look mom!!! I posted this shitty cheap bait image again!!!!

Lol weebs btfo

The scores aren't wrong though. Injustice 2 was surprisingly good and blew my expectations.

I like tekken too but injustice has more content and the online is better.

>western reviewers
I wonder

>Street Fighter will go strong
*posts steam stats*

they've been singing praises for every japanese release this year while bashing everything western
not sure what you're wondering here

FAKE NEWS

Oh did someone say fighting games?

Because it`s the only game that has something you can call neutral.
Jive and Kekken and literal UNGA BUNGA

Yes, fighting, not casual party game.

The fact that reviewers rate fighting games solely on the amount of content, and usually the amount of singleplayer content at that, is a travesty. Actual fighting game mechanics have almost nothing to do with it.

what the fuck is this they give good ones to jap games too

>>>Injustice 2 will be dead in a month while Tekken and Street Fighter will still go strong.

Man people here are getting more delusional by the day

Do people still play Injustice 2? I know Xrd Rev 2 is done already, but I figured everybody realized Tekken 7 is a much better game and left Injustice 2 behind as well.

street fighter is the only one on there that does not have a over 80

let me ask are you idiots fucking stupid

Very good, accurate frame lagging online, very cool lobbies. Answer the new character is unbelievably unique, but hard as shit to play as. Have you ever played a guilty gear game?

Yes, and I guarantee all of those negative reviews were not because the mechanics are terrible but because it's singleplayer content was a survival mode and a terrible """"""""""""""""""""story"""""""""""""""""""" mode. In fact, I don't remember too many of the SFV reviews disparaging the mechanics at all.

>Not MKX

Save for a few titles, the vast majority of Western games are just superior than weeb vidya. I don't know how they do it.

And if the reviewed the latest guilty gear based solely on mechanics, it'd be a 90+. I actually do like injustice 2, it's a very fun play, but the depth of gameplay mechanics in general, as well as specific characters is about as shallow as a puddle compared to GG.

no but i want to try them

Wrong, local VS is needed too

Did people really like the story mode for Injustice 2 though?

>Tekken was delayed for 6 months just to have a lackluster ˝conclusion˝ for Mishimas that doesn`t conclude shit
>4 battle arcade mode and a most boring grind fest ever made
Thanks Harada, I also love 10f of input delay

This, what the fuck?

How do you go from SFV with a block button and gore to an actually good fighting game in just TWO years?

>And if the reviewed the latest guilty gear based solely on mechanics
Well they do love them singleplayer experiences now don`t they

Probably because MKX sucks eggs.

GG has really high skill and to learn it you need people with good connections, if not a local scene. I picked up Revelator last year and I'm fucked because I live in Texas, there's no local scene, and the only place where I could find matches consistently was the east coast servers but the connection to those players was pretty bad. Like 8-12f delay.

tee hee

Pretty sure Injustice 2 only got such a high score because of it's "cinematic" story mode.

I wouldn't trust reviewers to actually enjoy fighting games.

It was ok, but not as good as the first. Better than MKX though. Also the chapters where you get the option to choose who to play as is a good touch for replayability.

They're fun on the surface because of the movement. Ok for instance in injustice you have the dash forward mechanic and in general you have to finish the animation before you can change directions right? Not the case with GG it puts you into a sprint (not all characters) and you can go straight into a jump, or stop on a dime. It feels very fluid, the more you get into it though, there's all kinds of crazy shit with characters individually. As far as calling back swords, or if you hit a projectile a symbol will come up and if you can get that symbol and hit the right command it will generate another projectile in a "rewind" fashion (might be unblock-able but I don't know being that I don't play that character". I'll put it this way not as "chaotic" as MVC3, but more insane/crazy in what the characters can do if that makes sense.

sounds interesting i will try it out i have injustice and tekken and want to try some new things

Yea luckily I showed my roommates and some of my friends that have been playing the hell out of injustice. They thought it was insane, so got quite a few people to play with consistently.

I think its fun :(

no bully

The developer added a ton of garbage fighting game fans don't give a shit about such as loot drops and storymode and other dumb vs CPU garbage to appeal to the widest audience possible.

Its like if you had 2 games.

Game A has amazing combat and mechanics and is realy fun to play and is highly competitive but it only has bare boned sp content because it focuses on PVP.

Basically its like high quality pure ice cream made in Italy no extras.

Game B is worse in every way than game A when it comes to its core mechanics and game play but they add a shit ton of extra sprinkles on top of it so people who don't know shit about the genre think its better.

Basically factory made mass produced ice cream but it has chocolate sprinkles a cookie coating and a batman sticker.

Here's an ok video to show you the general movement of the game. Both the characters are really good and fun, but not the same level of weirdness that you get from the other characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=BLQYUxfzfhI

POST CUTE ELIZAS

shh please be quite my wife is sleeping

I do enjoy learning the characters but beating up on the practice dummy only gets you so far. Love the graphics though. I think GG, Injustice 2, and KI are my favorite fighting games this gen.

True, but it has local vs

>SFV that high

Yup agreed. Who's your favorite character?

thanks

Is the Injustice 2 scene more than just two Aquamans standing on the edge of the screen throwing tridents at each other?

That's true, but $60 is ridiculous to charge for these games when their predecessors offered much more. At lest in the case of Tekken. Fighting games to reflect their content in their value. Especially considering this make most of their money from DLC characters and costumes.

I certainly wouldn't mind if the next Soul Calibur was just local and online versus, but I would mind if they charged full price for it.

are you ready

Sell me on GG please Sup Forums. I had BBCE and put about 30hrs into it before getting annoyed at getting rekt online.

I like Slayer a lot but I hear you need godlike hitconfirms to make him work in real matches. I also want to try Baiken but it's hard to justify getting the Rev2 DLC when I hardly get good connections.

Yeah, there's Black Adams fishing for EX lightning cage and Batmans and Atrocisus' with their insane 50/50s

Yup, he doesn't have the greatest mobility, but his movement in close range situations works really well...but it's a lot easier to hang yourself out high and dry if you miss with him.

Even if you trust critics, better score =/= better gameplay even for them.

Injustice 2 got good scores because it had way more single player content with a really nice looking story mode. Tekken/SFV/GGxrd all got more praise from critics for their actual combat design and mechanics than Injustice 2 did.

Charging 60 for one mode is Jewish, when older iterations costed the same and had more content.

Injustice catered to the larger incidence with DC and single player.

>street fighter and tekken will still go strong
Holy fuck, you're dumb.

To be fair he isn't wrong, at least with SF. Capcom has been shilling the big bucks for SFV to be e-sports but IJ2 will be abandoned in 2-3 years when MK11 comes out

>weebs actually believe this
Disgusting. Tekken has always been trash

>but IJ2 will be abandoned in 2-3 years
you mean 2-3 months right?
NRS games never survived more than that, I don't see why would it be different with IJ2

No, he is wrong. Every fighter dies after a few years. It's only kept alive by autists and "fighting championships".

People still play MK9, SFIV, and TT2.

Post proof. Their games last a lot longer than that.

If by you mean a drop off of the playerbase then yeah but more people will still play IJ2 after 50% leave than people playing SFV at its peak.

Pfft no you silly goose. Not in tournaments = dead!

define what you mean by "last longer" then?
competetively they pretty much only get some spotlight in the year they come out and then they only have some side tournaments noone cares about

as for the playerbase I can't show statistics but you can bet that 95% of the playerbase leaves it after 2-3 months, simply because it's a casual fighting game without a really dedicated playerbase, otherwise they would stay relevant on tournaments.

so nothing ok

>but more people will still play IJ2 after 50% leave than people playing SFV at its peak

that's where you are wrong tho. Don't wanna defend SFV or anything but even if IJ2 sells 5 times more copies, SFV will still have more dedicated players left after 6 months. SFV is already 1.5 years long with lot of it's flaws still remaining. If this time wasn't enough to kill the playerbase another half year won't do it either, which probably won't be the case with IJ2. NRS games just don't have that much dedicated players even with being several times more popular.

>game suddenly doesn't have enough dedicated players to support tournaments after a half year
>it's not a good proof to show how the playerbase quickly drops the game

you still have nothing to show

SFV numbers are pretty low though. The consistent players are the people who do go to tourneys for it, and the same applies to IJ2. The main thing IJ2 has to deal with is that WB has NRS on a two year schedule for fighters and the fanbase for MK and IJ are pretty much the same people, compared to SF and MvC who don't have a whole lot of crossover besides top players

What I mean is the player base doesn't drop to "dead" numbers 2-3 months after release. Pretty fucking self explanatory