Game sequel references previous game

>Game sequel references previous game
>They only reference NPCs as heroes and the MC is virtually irrelevant

Name one (1) video game that does this

>Roleplaying game
>Sequel has fully written memoirs by the first game's protagonist detailing everything he canonically did in the first game, how he did them and when he did them

What's her name? She's perfect

Pokèmon B2/W2

>Game sequel has a different MC
>Previous MC reappears in sequel as godlike being

That's really nice.

Persona 1

>game sequel
>previous MC is the final boss

>Game sequel has a different MC
>They're the grandchild of the previous MC

is that the lead singer to Men at Work?

dark souls 3

kinda fucks with you if you did things differently in your own game whilst still getting the same outcome though.

>game is remade or gets a sequel
>is full of HEY GUYS, REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE FIRST GAME style references that are completely out of place and arbitrary
>"We're all huge fans of the first game!"

Fallout 2

Game?

Woah. I'm a dedicated pepe collector and I've never seen this before. I'm going to xerox a copy. Thanks for the rare pepe, friend.

>Game sequel has different MC
>Previous MC is now corrupted and evil

Fallout/Fallout 2

The game manual was the "Vault Dweller's memoirs". To be fair to them they made it so that the most common area progression/outcome was canon whilst keeping the details generally vague so that you could self-insert your OC if you really wanted to.

>game sequel is setup to be exactly like first game with different characters
>game ends with the main characters of the first game showing up to help you

The death of two party members in certain circumstances the blatant non-inclusion of two others was pretty specific though.

>game hypes up the original heroes as noble and badass
>prequel reveals the original heroes were bumbling idiots who did nothing but help the recurring evil grow stronger

Literally came to say this. I never finished Innocent Sin, but you literally get a former party member from Persona 1 and she acts like everything that happened was all water under the bridge.

>prototype 2
I hate this cliche to be honest, especially in prototype 2. Mercer did all that shit and then gets thrown under the bus for the villain trope and given a bullshit MO, just for the sake of a sequel.

>game sequel has a different MC
>previous MC is still busted strong and can take care of entire boss fights for you

games that do this? i fuckin love it

Donkey kong

Dragon ball Xenoverse.

i can't see her face 100% but those eyes seem like Emily Rudd's

>previous MC appears
>he's not your mentor or a hero who's every step is worshipped, he doesn't don his battle gear again to help you out in a tough spot
>his fight is over
>he's just a dude living his own life

half-life2