what do yuo think of this guy

Disappointingly simple fight.

Okay i guess / 10

pure, unadultered kino.
>find yourself fighting him for no reason, just to survive
>summons himself, how about that
>cape physics
>lighting stage hazard

I haven't gotten to any of the DLC, is it really worth slogging through the early game to get him?

He would have been better as a character in the base game that operated in a manner like Solaire, helping you at certain parts and joining you in being the lowest of the low undead garbage and being a nobody
then with the first DLC they could have made it so that he discovered evidence of the painted world from the Grand Archives, setting up Ariandel
then The Ringed City plotline proceeds as normal
This would stop the general playerbase reaction of "Wait, who even is this guy" aside from red riding hood that sticks you in the painted world

I'd also have preferred his fight to progress as bestial warrior > bestial warrior with the dark soul bleeding out of him > proud, upright warrior just fighting you with all his tools instead of the dark soul, but that's mostly because I'm a massive Ludwig fanboy

the cutscene where he sees the blood of the dark soul then steps his game up was very ludwig

He's a literal nobody outside the first DLC and Iudex Gundyr is just about the only boss I can think of who is easier.

Santa Clause walking past a hot girl so he puffs his chest up and walks straight/10

>a fight with a guy who is basically the dark soul

was pretty rad, could have done without the Artorias nod though.

I know, but I think it would have been better as the transition to the final phase. Going from a mad beast spewing the curse of the dark soul everywhere and flailing wildly to having a moment of realisation that he had fully imbibed the dark soul, standing up, and then fighting you as a warrior with just his summon tools like the crossbow/soapstone/WoW corona. Ending the soul series with two undead at the end at the world, long past the point where anyone would care, but both fighting on equal terms and as proud warriors.
Maybe I'm just a sucker for cliches. It doesn't help his second phase is the coolest and has the best music of the entire game, the looping of chorus really drives home the feeling of the end of dark souls.

>He's a literal nobody

And so is the Ashern One. You're both literally who's that worked your way up to Lord of Cinder and Harborer of the Dark Soul, it was fucking cool.

I like From's flashy presentation-heavy fights.

Really liked the fight and his boss arena. But I wish there were more interactions with him throughout the DLCs. You only actually talk to him prior to entering the Painted World of Ariandel, and he doesn't say much.

I wish the blood of the dark soul was an item similar to the kos parasite/beast claws with the runes. You should have been able to use some neat abyss magic with it or something, it could have been really cool

That BSB is really cute user

I liked it because it reminded me of Chosen Undead vs Artorias. The music beats everything in the entire series as well.

Would've been cool if there was a transition into chosen undead vs artorias at the 3rd phase. Similar to the MGS4 fight with Ocelot.

Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne were really good for introducing bosses that had either base game or DLC buildup, like Artorias/Manus/Laurence/Ludwig/Orphan. They dropped the ball with Gael though, does he even turn up at all through the city part of TRC?

He leaves messages for you throughout TRC, telling you it's safe to fall. I guess his boss fight was meant as a surprise, if he appeared as an NPC it would be obvious he would be a boss

I think you can find part of his cloak guiding you to a certain part of ringed city like he did in the dreg heap

but yeah that's about it. I'm not really sure what he even did in the city, did he waltz up to Filianore and punch the egg thing?

Hand it over

fun fight

He helped a half man half Primordial Serpent paint a powerful, probably THE most powerful Painted World ever created: Yharnam,
with the dark blood, collected from his corpse by the Ashen One.

>does he even turn up at all through the city part of TRC?
He doesn't. He only leaves those gesture messages throughout Dreg Heap to tell you where to fall and can be summoned for the 2bat boss.

Favorite boss in the entire franchise from a gameplay standpoint. Dark Souls 3 is still like eugh though.

So since your character is a nobody, it's okay that the last boss of the entire series is a nobody. Not anyone of actual importance or substance.

I don't really even know what to say if you sit there and say that a literal nobody is a great idea for the last boss of the series.

>best bosses in the series
>no bonfire aescetics

what the H*CK where they thinking

I suppose it works as a surprise but it's a bit underwhelming after the build up of the DLC.
His Executioner Blade is nearly broken from usage, with the item description saying it's the only thing he kept from beginning to end, and the Repeating Crossbow's description says it's brittle from age and was custom-made so Gael could fight mobs by himself.
This doesn't really explain anything about what Gael did though. Did he kill everyone in The Ringed City, or the entire world? Was he waiting thousands of years by that point? Why couldn't he just enter the Ringed City like you did, why did he have to wait for you to break the illusion trapping the city in time? I honest to God think he was meant to have more of a questline that got scrapped for time constraints since it's so open ended and unexplained about what happened to him between the breaking of Filianore's transposing kiln and meeting him among the ashen world.

this. why the fuck dont all the games have the option to replay bosses without summons or souls gain.

A duel between two simple undeads high on their dark souls was a perfect way to end the franchise if you ask me. It doesn't even matter who the guy really is (though his motivation is among the most noble ones in series as he gladly trades his life for a chance to another world to be born, free from the cycle), you're fighting against an embodiment of Dark Soul at the end of time and that's what makes the fight so impactful. His moveset is extremely cool too, especially white sign self-teleport and spinny combos from the last stage of the fight with crossbow shots incorporated into them.

I'd say thematically he was a better boss to end the game than Orphan in TOH.

>music doesn't even transition
Woah dude he's a player analogue.....holy shit, wow it's absolute perfection I mean he's an analogue for the player! Jesus Christ never mind that he shows up only in the dlc and his role is fanfic-tier, he's a player analogue! God it fucking makes me think

that thing

>In base game you fight Gwyn
>In Ashes you fight an Ashen One
>In Ringed you fight an Undead

Pottery

your Ocelotte

You're pathetic.

>Final boss is literally War from the Darksiders franchise
What did Miyazaki mean by this?

he is the best boss in the series

also

DS3 > DS1 >>>>> DS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS >>>>>>>BB

>Yharnam
Shut the fuck up with shit

You fight an undead who has consumed dark souls. It's a good send off to the series Imo

And a nice Dark Soul to you, my man

>h-hurting muh make believe fan-fic theory
>p-pa-pppa-pathetic

>"Gael knew he was no Champion"
>steamrolls through the ringed city and reaches the end of the world before the actual champion with zero effort.

>DS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS >>>>>>>BB

>guy is introduced in the second to last DLC
>somehow becomes the final boss
idk, I get the idea that it's just two literally-whos that survive to the end of time instead of the gods and shit, but it still felt like he came out of nowhere.

>Wait, who even is this guy"

That applies to like 90% of the bosses in DS3

>last boss of the series
Doubtful this is the last in the series. Miyazaki said he was taking a break from Dark Souls, he didn't say it was the end. Also why do you faggots need closure on a series well known for never giving ?

>Shut the fuck up with shit

Freedom of Expression.

The final boss is Soul of Cinder.

Gael didn't steamrolls through everything, it probably took him multiple tries. His defining trait is his determination to break the cycle.By the time he kills everything the world has already turned to dust

what about my freedom to do this *shoves dick in your throat*

prove me wong

Good fight, aesthetics were on point.
I don't care enough about the lore faggotry to comment on that.

First half should have been a regular, person-sized PvP encounter, with the second half being when he roids up. Also the DLC covenant should have been for the Gael fight not some gay church choir boys, with the requirement being you have to have been defeated by Gael once. The implication being he succed your dark soul and you become his eternal buttbuddy. If you decide to summon for this final fight, then Gael gets to summon for the second half of the fight depending on how many phantoms you have with you.

What do yuo think about this?

Pontiff, Aldritch and Lothric Princes have some of the best lore build ups to their actual fights in the entire series

shitty game

I liked him cause he was pretty much the same as you only the oldest being alive. Also his theme is god tier.

can we all talk about underutilised the Dreg Heap was

Lothric and Aldrich sure, Pontiff not even close
You have to dig really deep to until Pontiff goes out of Literally Who status

Favorite boss in the series only rivaling Orphan. Best way to send off the series too.

It had zero substance

you don't have to dig that deep and he quickly blows into being the greatest souls villain across the entire series

boring trite for a boring dlc in a boring game
dark souls 3 is all flash and zero substance

>the best lore build ups to their actual fights in the entire series

what is nito / artorias / manus / seath

>it's two literally who's and therefore it's cool
No. I get the theme, but they could have picked literally anyone and they chose a faggot that was introduced in DLC

Feels like they had no idea how to end it so they went with something completely new.

he's the culmination and release of five games worth of berserk references

Hilariously flashy and visually amazing, but mechanically hes a complete rehash of both Maria and Abyss Watchers
>muh double hit delay hits on every attack lmao
Marias fight did it better and had way more variety. Gael is great for the visuals alone but so ridiculously simple when it comes to actually fighting him.

Lore wise a massive disappointment and a complete deflation of my expectations for the ending of dark souls.

i can use meaningless buzzwords too: your post is all flash and zero substance

This
People expected something huge some major lore character.
But the truth is the worlds simply burned out
Theres nothing left
Before the ringed city everyone's dead dying or insane.
Really fits the whole "fool's errand, everythings hopeless" theme on dks3

Dlcs were their own sidestory and that pissed everyone including me off since a lot of lore was left unfinished.

>best lore build ups
>these guys aren't sitting on their thrones, beat the shit out of them to convince them otherwise
That's it.

Most of Pontiff's lore comes after you fight him, he's a literal who

you didnt disproff anything though, you just sound like another butthurst fanboy

>"the player character is no one special, just an undead/ashen fag among the heaps of others"
>proceeds to kill gods with zero issues and can wield retarded huge weapons and magic
>people still parrot vaati's "they were just 2 nobodies fighting in the end of the world" when they're both at god levels of strength

Gael didn't go through the ringed city
He literally travelled the world until it was nothing but a desert collecting every soul.
Trc is trapped in the past, breaking the breaks the illusion and sends you to the present.

A rock concert of a boss. There's so much flair and bombast that it really feels empty, it contrasts the substance of the character so much that it's honestly disappointing; a waste of a build up and fight.

Now that the ashes have settled(get it?), can we all agree that Bloodborne + The Old Hunters is the ultimate Soulsborne experience? Dark Souls 3 may as well been called Dark Rehash 3

>people think it's great that the final fight is "two nobodies fighting at the end of a barren world"
>and in the same breath say his theme is good outside of phase 1
People are fucking stupid

>Feels like they had no idea how to end it so they went with something completely new.
It's this.
Clearly Miyazaki didn't know how to end the series so he just asspulled something.

The funniest thing is that there are people who defend him and consider it a great work of kino.

sorry Miyazaki cocksucker. your idol has last his edge and his touch. maybe he'll get it back now that they're done with bamco, or maybe he's already too far gone

either way he's only made 3 good games, and one of them isn't even souls

>BB and its DLC tie together meaningfully, the DLC expands, explains and enriches the lore

>DS3 and its DLCs go to a complete sidetrack, having characters, concepts, areas and themes no one has even fucking heard of
>has a final boss thats a literal who obese santa claus who wants the blood of the dark soul (what the fuck miyazaki) so some random little girl inside a painting can paint a painting where someone can maybe possibly live in someday

What the fuck happened

>collecting every soul.
Huh? the pygmy lords had the dark souls between them, he didn't "eat" anybody else

Thematically brilliant and a satisfying fight, but I prefer Friede.

KINO

>he shoots lightning xDd wow so f*cking epic definitely not a cheap copout cashgrab

>a painting where someone can maybe possibly live in someday
But can't because the painting that she currently lives in is burning. Dark Souls 2 had better writing than this trash.

Same voice actor, just like how Ariendel is Aldia.

all of humanity have shards of the dark souls you nitwit. When you use souls to level up, you're also essentially getting a bigger piece for yourself. Gael killed everyone, or at least everyone who had the biggest shards, including the pygmy lords who probably had the largest chunks. At the very end, all that's left for him was you

between vordt, the dancer, the outrider knight, and the pontiff beast you get the clear impression he's a maniac with abhorrent beasts, and he wants you dead
when you get to the fog wall in irythyl you suddenly realise you're about to fight sillyman and you have no idea what to expect

>Hey you guys liked Artorias, right?

He comes across as a poor imitation. Artorias was a legendary knight who fought the Abyss. His gravestone is massive and in a prominent location so you know just how important and respected he was. Gael is some errand boy collecting fucking paint.

Ariendel's VA is Benhart's, not Aldia's.

dont forget that one ringed city knight that's just chilling out at the end of the world because

A cheap copout would have been fighting Kaathe.

Uh the reason why gael traveled to the ringed city was in search of the Dark Soul. It makes no sense that he killed everyone in the world. Besides the game tells you that the pygmy lords are the ones that have the shards of the dark soul, ence the reason why they were locked away far far away from everything in the world. The only thing that makes no sense in this DLC is really what happens when you touch the orb. Do you go forward in time or is it a pocket dimension? I like to believe the latter

That one user in this thread that thought about Gael being a prominent character in the base game already has a better story cooked up

Miyazaki just blatantly doesn't give a shit anymore

Pocket dimension, waking up the princess returns the city to reality and thus, thr pygmy lords suddenly find themselves drained of strength and easy pickings for Gael.

You guys are crazy,DAS2 had far worse writing.

elaborate instead of just saying lol ur wrong

obviously, since he's dead. I just hate the fact that they introduce all of these new concepts and world building pieces in the base game then do LITERALLY nothing with any of it and use a shoehorned npc to trick people into thinking it's some kind of deep narrative

Here's your (You) now please explain yourself.

shards of manus and aldia were more interesting than any of the shit in dark souls 3

>I'd say thematically he was a better boss to end the game than Orphan in TOH.

Nigga wat
The curse of the Orphan is LITERALLY the driving force behind everything in BB