ITT: Worst JRPGs you've ever played

Mine is pic related.

>Hilariously bad voice acting
>Tedious combat system
>Shit story

Only a real trooper could make it through this

I finished this because I liked the PS1 Arc the lad and boy oh boy this is a chore to get through.

Not even the worst Arc the Lad game.

I remember playing this, but I was a kid and I'd play anything back then.

Oh man, after twilight of the spirit, I stopped purchasing the last one as I assumed it'll be worse than twilight.

> 2000 years after ATL 3.
> shit monsters popped out of nowhere.
> no guild quests
> no cool sidequests.
> shit development.

The only thing that I got from that game is that dried up dryad that turned into a bombshell after the half of the game.

Obligatory.

I have seen this being sold here as "rare" lately, any insight why this sucked?

>running makes you lose hp
What were they thinking?

You don't know what suffering is. The waifushit was awful too.

>just bought this last week for the equivelant of $2
Fug. At least I hope it'll be "so bad it's good".

That's reseved for unlimited saga. This one is pretty basic and the story , if you know the PS1 Arc the lads, didn't ressemble anything of the world. They just plastered the name.

It easier to said what's good about it and answer is nothing.
This and fact that after fight you need to choose what you want to get exp or money(you can't get both) should tell you enough.

I actually enjoyed this game, immensely. Darc's story was more engaging than Kharg's but I still enjoyed both sides. I can see why someone might not like the combat, though.

>Hilariously bad voice acting
I liked Dark tho.
Dark's side of story was okay.
Gamepaly was a chore yea, i dunno how they made trpg even more boring than it usually is.

-Devoid of anything good or special that could possibly give it any redeeming qualities whatsoever to make someone overlook its many flaws
-Shit plot
-Shit writing
-Shit localization
-Shit cast
-Subpar graphics
-Non-memorable soundtrack in a fucking jrpg, so you can't even go "At least the OST was good"
-Horribly paced
-Running hurts you, making it worse
-You don't get money, exp and items after battles like every other gme, you have to pick what you want to get
-Don't get to pick your own party composition
-Killed the Lunar franchise

>Villain dies in a cutscene before you get to fight him.
>"oh i guess he was just a starter villain and the game is going to introduce someone else."
>NOPE GAME'S OVER LOL

That's not 3

It's not rare, by the way. A good, complete copy is worth like 10-15 smackers.

I don't live in the west and there has been a hoarding of sort that happened here in my place. I wish I can get infinite space and VP plume just to complete my DS jrpg library.

I got legit ptsd from this as a kid because of the encounter rate and not knowing where to go.

OP's reaction isn't typical for this game, I've never seen anyone say Twilight was one of the worst jrpgs before. Generally it's seen as like a 7/10 game that just pisses people off because it didn't need to be called Arc the Lad.

I got Generations of war on steam and didn't even make it past the tutorial, the fighting system so so godawful.

it's unfortunate how we as kids couldn't parce what was generic shovelware and what wasn't

I rented this a couple times years ago and enjoyed it, but I was also willing to look past a lot of glaring issues in games back then too.

Top tier soundtrack though.

It's so unnecessarily obtuse and then it sells itself with the girls and their event CGs but they're not even that good.

I really enjoyed Bravely Default's first half. This game was just so cringe and paced terribly. I'm not sure how much of it was due to the localisation but jesus fuck,

>The Gravy bullshit
>Baal Busters
>Muh genius IQ protag who's actually really dumb xD

Why the FUCK would anyone side with the humans?
>Kharg actually contemplates wiping out the deimos right after killing the emperor who was about to do the exact same thing

I liked it though.

Absolutely shit taste OP

One of the best RPGs around, stupidly enjoyable.

Persona 3, what a trivial piece of shit, fuck whatever nigger recommended that garbage to me.

How is it any good? It's so fucking boring.

srpg edition.

Voice acting isn't the dev's fault though dual audio didn't exist yet. It is why I can't play old JRPGs.

Objectively.

True JRPG Kusoge reporting right in.
Because if you think a spinoff with braindead offline MMO combat, terrible characters, terrible graphics, terrible story and atrociously slow pace isn't bad enough you can still have your game run at a capped, smooth 20 FPS.

Every single Neptunia game. They're pure dogshit, the definition of kusoge.

I've played through Twilight of the Spirits too, and while I do say it was a chore, I somehow had fun in it. It was my first Arc The Lad title though. Picked up End Of Darkness after and INSTANTLY dropped it. God, that was a mess.

The soundtrack for Twilight of the Spirits was great tho.

I remember seeing a trailer for that game some years back and really wanting to play it. Is it honestly that terrible?
This.

Neptunia was literally made for people who drown in memes and escapism. I had the chance to pick up Megadimension after hearing it was the "best in the series" and the plot was basically non-existent while the combat was just okay. I shudder to think how this is the pinnacle of anything in a series. There's nothing to gain from this series other than to watch the characters interact with each other so it might as well be a VN or an anime.

I strangely enough liked it.
Problem was that the lord of the black abyss is a cheating motherfucker and kept one-shotting my whole damn team.
Also this games has the weirdest voice cast for such an oddly obscure rpg

you are spot on, but even then this game is like crack to me

It's one of the very few games I've played in my whole life that's offensively bad, and I'm 29 and managed to enjoy actual Kusoge like Princess Minerva, I dare say even nepshit is better than Dogma Wars because at the very least it runs decently, Dogma Wars can't do even that.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Moon

Every JRPG.

>constant grinding as a cheap way to increase game length
>oversexualized character designs appealing to hormonal teenagers
>awful, bland character tropes that are present in any otaku media
>uninspiring storylines that only rely on delivering "feels"
>shit-tier Japanese writers that could only be appreciated by the manchildren inhabiting this board

>Pokemon Moon
>Not Pokemon X/Y
Can at least agree with Gen 3 remakes being shit though.

I tried the first one it was abysmal, I could only stomach 30 minutes
The second one which I dropped a quarter of the way through
And Victory which I was able to finish by skipping everything that wasn't gameplay.

You mean every modern jrpg. The oversexualized bit does not apply to all older and better jrpgs.

Apparently the first one is unironic garbage, so much that even the fans wouldn't recommend. I don't plan on going back to any of the older games.

My best friend and I got huge into jrpgs during gen 5 and played everything we could find (the local Family Video had nearly every US PS1 jrpg release, someone there must have been a fan too), so when gen 6 rolled we kept right on going, and Orphen is one of the only games that was such an abortion we couldn't even finish it. And we had some damn low standards.

What?

This game is one of the hidden treasures.
Great story setting, really loved how they handled 2 parties.

Battles were great, what in the flying fuck are you talking about?

>tfw its the only physical Arc The Lad I own

I bought the first three when Victory came out. Got all my money back.

The remake of the second game is the only one I managed to finish in the end, and that's only because the story wasn't utter shite and CFW Brave was actually somewhat half-decent. Victory, however, is by far one of the worst video games I've ever played.

If it wasn't for emulator speed up i would have dropped it, but with it i beaten main story, only did two endings and couple of post story missions tho.

If the first three were so poorly done that they needed to remaster them, I took the clue to not even try them out.

Quest 64, simply unbearable. The N64 was shitty for RPGs.
Two Worlds but I've played through it 3 times already because it scratches an obscure itch
Gothic 3 which shit the bed with so many things, mainly releasing a game which was clearly in a pre-beta phase.

Sames also my first arc the lad game.
I had psx but never seen original trilogy on sale

I honestly liked ATL Twilight of Darkness. I had fun playing it. The ATL that was truly awful was which is ATL End of Darkness.

I WILL SAVE THE DEIMOS

People who have only played Twilight and/or Darkness should seriously give II a shot. It's not just the best Arc, it's a legitimately great game with a great plot with some strong feels.

>Quest 64
Play the GB port. It's less shit than the N64 version and it was the only one I could complete of both.

Shit I didn't read the J there in the OP.
So it's a draw between Hydlide and Quest 64.

From left to right:
cheap Kuja
cheap Gidan
cheap Garnett

I don't know what game you were playong but every fight was a slog. I could only stand a few hours