Consumers own this industry

>Gamers were against Steam
>Consumers made it reality through HL2 sales
>Gamers were against DLC
>Consumers made it a reality with the help of mobile market
>Gamers were against Early Access, Season Passes and Preorders
>Consumers turned them into mandatory business model due to vast increase in profits
>Gamers are against paid mods
>Consumers are funding patreons that hold back content for weeks and do a Sergey Bubka on development process
>Bethesda and Valve are pushing paid mods now

I wonder how this will end

literally all these problems get resolved by pirating.

Without consumers you would not have an industry.

they wont end, the average video gamer is a retarded fun chaser with a memory like an infant.

oh this game is horrible, i should stay away from this series
oh look another entry in this series, ill buy it, it must be good this time around.

im confused, arent "gamers" and "consumers" the same thing? you DO realize playing video games just makes you a consumer with nothing else, right?

There are very few games that are worth a pirate nowadays.

Most of the good games are literally freeware. La Mulana, Spelunky, Yume Nikki, Iji, tons of adventure games etc etc. So of course your argument is just fradulent dishonest crap.

this tbqh

consumers and gamers are the same thing idiot

Speak for yourself, I stopped being a consumer after purchasing Diablo 3. I deinstalled Steam almost a decade ago.

I think he's talking about casual consumers

if the sheep stopped paying for that trash they wouldn't peddle it, the only reason they are in business is because the lemmings can't help themselves, i haven't supported, ea, ubisoft, bethesda for years. none of their games are worth anything to me.

i don't pre-order games, i never buy day 1 dlc, i only buy games i know i like and are reviewed well.

i don't understand normies do they just see the fancy trailers and instant pre-order every game these snake oil salesman peddle to them? do they even have working braincells capable of thinking "you know maybe this isn't actually going to be that good, maybe i should wait and see what people say about it before i buy it"

Post yfw consumers put emulation behind a paywall in order to (((support creators)))

paid mods will be a thing and people will still preorder bethesda games by the millions simply because of name recognition.

If gamers were as okay with throwing out money like the Japanese Otaku, there would be more companies listening to them. You pay soda price for wine, and wine will become grape juice in a metal can.

But those smaller projects and indie titles will always be around, the games made with actual love.

The AAA game is absolutely consumer driven and you can't blame companies for that, as they want to be profitable nor can you blame the consumer as they're a necessity for big AAA titles to even exist.

In other words there will never again be a good game with big budget for animations, world design etc etc.

They do that on mobile already by charging $5 for a emulator

The people who actually spend money having the greatest say in how an industry develops?

I am shocked! SHOCKED!

consumers were a fucking mistake

smart phones were a mistake

>Most of the good games are literally freeware
wew that's quite a claim

It depends on what constitutes good world design, gameplay, etc; in your opinion.

The target demographic for this is teens, kids, and young adults who are completely inept with technology.

You're not forced to buy it if you know how to run/install an emulator yourself; if this upsets you, you're getting angry at fucking nothing that affects you.

There is a free version

Gold is effectively a donate button