Skull & Bones

The absolute madmen, they finally made a pirate game without bogging it down in Assassin's Creed bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_piracy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's a fucking team-based PVP game
well, there goes that.

UBISOFT ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING EVERYONE WANTED

WHAT THE FUCK

I'm into it unless it's open world trash.

>it's multiplayer

SOILED IT

It's not fair!

It's gonna be Destiny Pirates

God fucking damnit
THEY STILL MANAGE TO RUIN THE DREAM

Did they though? I mean your excitement just proves that idiots will sperg out over anything with pirate bullshit tacked on, but it is an Ubisoft game.

So instead of making a great story game it's basically For Honor with ships, why are they so obsessed with that shitty game model?

>multiplayer pvp
>not open-world "be the legend" game
>topkek.jpg

I think they said this is just a PVP mode. It might more to it.

Does every single studio have to make a pirate game nowadays or what

How will they fuck it up this time

Hard mode: no mention of p2p servers

Fucking this. What a disappointment. Arcade bullshit. No thanks.

The gameplay looks trash though

>its basically Blackwake except you can't play it because Ubisoft servers are always down

I was hoping it would be a Sea of Thieves type game. Too bad.

They'll find a way. They always do.

So is it a single player open world game with some multiplayer modes or a multiplayer PvP game with a token single player mode?

This looks so fucking boring.

>control the entire ship on your own
>its basically a glorified shooter, killing any real feeling of being a pirate

Boarding is a cutscene
What a terrible fucking game
Why is this the pirate E3 and why does every single one of them look boring as fuck

>It's literally Assassins creed quickly reskinned into pirate division
>Couldn't even be bothered to change first mate from Adewale from Black Flag

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Fall 2018
Over a year from now!!

Military shooters and medieval hack n slashers are all going stale. Pirates are still quasi-fresh. I mean, this time next year they won't be, but what studio looks that far ahead?

Sea of Theives looks more comfy and better combat/damage desu

Holy shit, biggest fucking blue balls of the entire convention
>Finally make pirate game
>It's multiplayer

Sea of thieves seems more fun
Too bad I don't have an Xbone or a good computer

They'll add some pay to win shit and microtransactions, and a game with great potential will be complete shit, just like For Honor.

I'm interested if it's not ALL pvp like for honor is. They make it sound like the multi person pvp is just one mode

I JUST WANT PIRATES GOLD WITH MODERN TECH NOT SOME PIRATES VERSION OF WORLD OF WARSHIPS.

So disappointed.

WE CTHULHU NOW

It's For Honor, but now you're a ship.

SKIPPED

Yeah but it seems it'll be just ships and you won't control your pirate to go into Nassau and do shit, so that seems a downgrade to me.

There's no way it's only multiplayer. It's still a year from release.

>expect a Age of Pirates type of game
>get a PVP game instead
when will I learn?

>female captain

How do I sign up for the beta, guys?

This wtf. Even sea of thieves looks better as a general pirate experience. I thought we were getting Sid Meir's Pirates 3

World of Tanks clone with ships and pirates

>World of Boats

My first association was Harvard oh well no Bully 2.

The cannon fire didn't look very satisfying.

The only thing that gives me hope is the kraken teaser at the end.

I'm hoping its just PVP lobbies alongside an actual campaign against ghosts, sea monsters something.

>another cashgrab abandonware like for honor

there were actually a good number of female pirates, they were typically more able to corralle and persuade skillful men to join them. siren song ass shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw

Need some sea shanties

Like For Honor? If they didn't touch on the singleplayer, it will be a tacked-on tutorial.

I really hope that this game has a solid single player mode or else I'm actual mad at Ubisoft

Sea Dogs is like 15 years old, Sid Meier's Pirates like 30.

Dude why would that be all they show and why would it be the demo available at E3
Like I'm sure there'll be a single player aspect but For Honor had single player too, it was still multi focused

They literally said there was a single player mode, were you not listening?

There were also many Pirates that outright banned women from coming aboard.

Prepare to be mad.

Name 6 of them. Name the ones that are more infamous than the male ones like Blackbeard.

this got me to reinstall black flag

>the woyim pirate is hot
>black flag without the asscreed shit
good good almost there
>boarding is a ctuscene
DROPPED

>Multiplayer focused
>PVP
>Can't leave your ship
Way to fuck up, Ubisoft.

Well yeah, but there WERE famous successful female pirates. Sup Forums gettin triggered over STRONK WYMYN meme over nothing

What kind of faggot goes out on a crew of mostly men for weeks or months at a time and thinks "sure would suck if there was some pussy around here"?

Even if it has single player, there's no character control. It's all ship to ship combat.
I want to be a pirate, not a ship.

>muh dik

You are the exact retard who would buy this kind of trash.

Anne Bonny
Jeanne de Clisson
grace o malley
jacquotte delahaye

of course you're gonna say none of them are relevant because durr the only pirate I know is blackbeard. They were pretty fucking influential in their respective areas.

I'm not trying to say "ALL WOMEN CREWS" but getting pissy over a female captain is retarded. it's a customization option that's more harmful to not have and easy to ignore if you so choose, it's the same shit as for honor.

Anne Bonny, Mary Read off the top of my hat.
The Chinese one, what's her name, Ching Shih or something?

>its lite fantasy with sea monsters

>can't even leave the ship
naah I'm good

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_piracy
>name the ones that are more infamous than the most famous pirate in history
lol

Why do you think they had cabin boys? Pirates were full fucking homo

I'm laughing at how its just the ship battle gameplay from Black Flag. like literally the same exact thing.

Why do you think we're so excited, retard? That's literally the only good thing to ever come out of the franchise.

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

But seriously why do they ruin good game ideas with this pvp only bullshit?

More famous than the male ones? No? Then your argument is irrelevant you fucking faggot. Also why do you say Sup Forums getting triggered as if you aren't part of Sup Forums yourself? Fucking moron.

One that wants to live to spend his share of the booty?

There's a reason why most of the most successful pirates didn't have women on board; crew conflict, impact on morale and spread of STDs are among them. Save the pussy for the taverns/brothels.

>we're so excited

Huh? Who?

STOP

Who are Anne Bonny and Mary Read

This. They dropped the ball.

I want to be a pirate, not babysit wenches.

I was buying it only for the
>black flag without the asscreed shit
the pirate part was the only good part of BF
everything else was a plus till the boarding part happened

>On many ships, women (as well as young boys) were prohibited by the ship's contract

RAPE RAPE RAPE

Guarantee it will be shit on release

I got fucked over by For Honor, it will NOT happen again

None of those are more infamous than the male ones. Just admit that you're okay with shoving """female representation""" into every video game possible.

And then they immediately fucked up by making it a multiplayer pvp game.

Because Ubisoft has such a great track record with those. Game isn't going to be out for over a year and I can already say that its likely going to be another DOA flop like For Honor.

>You can't go on land and have adventures
>No campaign to take your ship on an adventure to
>MP only

It's shit.

Didn't they go as far as reusing the songs from black flag? Been a while since I played that. But yeah from what I've seen it doesn't really bring anything new over AC4 , just cuts gameplay mechanics. Disgusting.

Why are you getting so pissy over something inconsequential, like a female captain in a CGI trailer? That was my whole issue with it. You're stirring shit, why aren't you complaining about it in R6siege, or for honor?

>Of course I can name female pirates!
>just let me ask google first

>we're

who?

If this is confirmed this will be a bigger disappointment than Bethesda's showing this year.

Because passive idiots like you are ruining my video games by accepting all this forced diversity bullshit just because you're too lazy to care or you're on the fence about everything.

Jee, I wonder why that would be. Surely not because if pirate stories were told in the 300 years they'd mostly be told to boys and feature male pirates as the subject matter of female pirates wearing trousers was entirely inapprpriate.

Female pirates were actually more succesful. A lot of them knew when to cut their losses and go home rich ladies while guys like Blackbeard had a short career, were captured and executed.

Motherfucker, there were multiple in Black Flag alone. Why would I waste time writing anything lengthy for some shitty argumentative Sup Forumsirgin?

Fuck off.

>But seriously why do they ruin good game ideas with this pvp only bullshit?

That way they don't have to build an actual game. They design the characters (or ships in this case), a handful of maps, modes and then charge full price instead of having to design an actual world or levels or interesting characters (interesting looking is all they have to be).

>forced diversity
IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE GAMEPLAY
HOW IS IT RUINING SHIT
COMPLAIN ABOUT IT IN FOR HONOR
DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT WHEN IT'S NOT EVEN SHOWN IN GAME
IT WAS SOME DUMB CGI TRAILER HOLY SHIT SHE GOT FUCKING ANNIHILATED ANYWAY

Bitch, you asked for a few female pirates and you got some.If you can't handle the facts you are welcome to return to Sup Forums.

Oh god this fucking """argument"""

History wasn't sexist. History was history, retard. The male pirates were more infamous because they did more infamous things.

Goddamnit, how could they ruin this?
Just completely shat on any potential it might have had.

Been waiting for fucking years since they put out that survey after AC4 for this. I was so fucking excited until it was a multiplayer focused game.

God damnit Ubisoft, is there nothing you can't fuck up?

>mp only
>ship control only
>boarding is a cutscene

Holy fuck. That's what I get for being excited for anything that a modern game dev could accomplish. Coming out late 2018 and its already fucking dead.

you can play solo/co-op