JUST

JUST

beyond good and evil was a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural melting pot anyway. i feel like the only problem was saying that in this current political climate. it's like Sup Forums gets triggered when they hear those words even though what they signify is in much of the media that they enjoy. it's like once you put a name to it they go ballistic.

That's not the issue m8

The issue is that 2 is a fucking prequel

that annoys me yeah

but what i said is most definitely the issue just look at the catalogue right now. show me a thread complaining that it's a prequel

This is the problem >Game ends on a cliffhanger
>Make a prequel called Beyond Good and Evil 2 15 years later

they didn't use it as a selling point though and that isn't the only problem with it

>turn a lighthearted game into some edgy shit
>make a fucking prequel to a 15 year old game

>>turn a lighthearted game into some edgy shit
i don't mind, beyond good and evil was pretty dark at times and the audience grew up. it's the samurai jack effect.

Oh this was a prequel? And you people waited 15 years for this? Damn, that sucks. Maybe you'll get a sequel after the sequel to this prequel.

Well those people probably didn't play the first game anyways

Sup Forums memers have been a cancer for years now, it's getting to the point where I'm relieved to see a white protagonist because discussion might not be completely fucking awful on here

F

>Sup Forums memers have been a cancer for years now, it's getting to the point where I'm relieved to see a white protagonist because discussion might not be completely fucking awful on here
i feel that too.

It's not that it's inherently multiethic/multicultural, it's that the shills use it as a selling point for normies.

I doubt the majority of the ones here complaining about the word "multicultural" didn't even play the first game.

This. all relation with beyond good and evil is basically null and void. Thay should've done something with the cliffhanger

Is that really the problem for you retard?

Not that it's a multiplayer focused PREQUEL

BG&E was pretty edgy for a game with that artstyle.

>muh online playground
>prequel
which faggot asked for this

No one cares if it seems sincere. If it comes off as cynical and corporate, chasing fashion, people jump on it. It's not a game being 'multi ethnic whatever' that annoys people it's the people that smugly say it and expect you to suck their dicks for their self-perceived bravery or something.

>"multicultural and multiethnic"
>AUDIENCE INTERRUPTS MIDSENTENCE TO WILDLY CHEER

And the new season of Samurai Jack was complete fucking shit.

It was dead to me the second they said it was a prequel, the sassy massive afro black woman and the fifty year old short haired jewish dyke in charge of narrative direction are only nails in the coffin. 15 years and they couldn't even finish a game that ended on a cliffhanger. I'm fucking done with Western garbage, fucking multi ethnic casts are more important than FINISHING THE FUCKING GAMES YOU MADE OVER A DECADE AGO

IT HAS 2 IN THE NAME IT'S A FUCKING SEQUEL THAT TAKES PLACE BEFORE THE GAME THAT HAD A STORY WASN'T FINISHED AND HAS NO RELATION TO IT BESIDES LE PIG MEN

two things
is the game what? a sequel? a prequel?
will it feature more of delicious brown Jade?

We're doomed.

It's a prequel.
No Jade because of the above.

prequel
no jade

It will get an actual sequel later
Calm down
They are testing grounds

Theres two problems.

First being the fact that the first game and this bge2 trailer shows all the multiculti shit so why even need to specify it. It's literally there for brownie points and no one wants that in a fucking reveal for bge2

Second being prequel.

prequel
no, she hasn't been born yet

>MGS3 takes place before the events of MGS2
>MGS5 takes place before the events of MGS4
it's ok when kojima does it

>new game after 14 years
>"let's not continue the story of the characters you care about, let's make it a prequel with a bunch of random fucks"

when I said I wanted BGE2 I wanted that teaser trailer from like 2009

Its multiplayer only too apparently

None of those games ended on cliffhangers and were complete stories, kid

>M U L T I P L A Y E R
WHY ARENT YOU FAGGOTS TALKING ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEM HERE

>prequel

Fucked up from the gun my dudes

>MGS5
>a complete story
>"kid"

It's okay when the gap for the "Sequel" isn't 15 years that had a sequel hook in the original.
If this came out 3-5 years after it's release it would have been fine

>multiplayer focused
When did they say that?

>Play the adventure by yourself or with friends in a vast and seamless online playground.
It's probably just dark souls style shit where other players walk in to your game

I don't get the uproar, this game was mediocre as can be.

why do they swear so much

This isn't really comparable because MGS1 to MGS2 was a direct sequel with only like 3 years in between, and wrapped up the present-time storyline

A passive aspect =/= using it as a selling point for quota-setting tumblrtards and Antifa-Nazis. And it's not Ubi's first game to capitalize on the political climate either.

Not to say Sup Forumstards aren't equally shitty to people, but it's just getting stupid to the point I'm amazed they DIDN'T blackwash AssCreed Origins like everybody expected.

t. former libtard
Also funny how "multicultural world" is depicted as a third-world shithole, hue.

This as well. Biggest slap to the face, also that fucking monkey was cringe to listen to.

BECAUSE IT'S FUCKIN BADASS BRUV

The cheers doesn't sound like the entire audience. Probable just the dev team in crowd.

She's ugly and her necklace is fucking dumb

I want Sup Forums to leave from the whole website again.

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

MGS2 literally ended on a cliffhanger revelation. Fuck this place and its revisionist tendencies when it's convenient.

Yeah, kid, it was a complete story. Deal with it. BG&E was a literal cliffhanger and now that they're finally releasing the game it's nothing like the old trailers from 8 years ago and it has zero relation to the first game with all new characters who were created specifically for muh diversity purposes. 15 fucking years and they made it take place before Jade was even fucking born while still calling it a sequel

>>/r/thedonald

>MGS2 literally ended on a cliffhanger
No it didn't. Kojima didn't even plan to make 4, he was pressured into it.

CAN WE GET MINORITY CHARACTERS OTHER THAN FUCKING BLACKS HOW ABOUT SOME INDIANS AND PINOYS

Beyond Good and (((Evil))) 2

That's what I'm saying. If its just how the world is, there's no reason to mention it. I'm mad because they're using it as a selling point. I just hope it doesn't factor heavily into the actual game.
Also
>prequel
>online

It is retard, we already know what happened it was warped up in the other mgs, stop being fucking rertarded

Maybe if you have a double digit IQ, there was no cliffhanger. Everything was wrapped up with Snake's monologue. 2 was supposed to end the series, do you think any game that doesn't follow the characters for the rest of their lives before the credits is a cliffhanger?

We got monkey pawed hard bros, we waited 15 years for a prequel

hmmm, idk, whats the problem then

NU UH YOU RACIST TRUMP SUPPORTER

I PLAYED THE ORIGINAL AND IT WAS THE SAME

IT HAD A REALISTIC MONKEY SAYING FUCK EVERY 2 SECONDS

I guarantee you guys the "multi-cultural and ethnic" shit is exactly why it was greenlit to begin with. I bet you anything somebody brought up this as being a sort of plot-point in it's universe, and this is why it got the greenlight to go ahead with another game, this way they get the audience of the first, AND, you know, the other kind of audience.

>it's another people equating others who are against SJW shit must automatically be from Sup Forums episode

>everyone I dont agree with should go

That's it. THAT IS FUCKING IT. WE LIVE IN A WORLD NOW WHERE DIVERSITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MAKING GOOD GAMES AND I'M FUCKING DONE WITH THIS SHIT. CATERING TO THE SJW AGENDA AND BEING AS INCLUSIVE AS POSSIBLE IS THE ONLY FACTOR THAT MATTERS.

Well no more. Go ahead and tell me this game is the second coming of christ or tell me I'm wrong. Sjws have a death grip on games. If games don't appeal to them they will inevitably get their way to change it so it meets that expectations. I'll pirate everything I play that way I can at least find solace in the fact that my $60 isn't going into the hands of the SJW agenda. Fuck you, fuck ubisoft, fuck SJWs and fuck gaming.

>No it didn't. Kojima didn't even plan to make 4, he was pressured into it.
this kojima sounds like a fucking pussy

>there's no reason to mention it
E3 is a tradeshow and corporations love to promote that stuff to show how progressive they are. It's not going to end up on the back of the box or in ads.

>dude the patriots on the list are dead
>HUH!?
>*game ends*
What a conclusive end

This is why, no matter how much you love a game you do not want a sequel to it made these days.

PERSISTENT
WORLD

Did they use it as a selling point in this either? Did I miss some flashy screen that said "NOW FEATURING TRANS PEOPLE OF COLOR!" or are you going purely off conjecture cause you saw not white skin?

>is literally in the game

>Sup Forums is spreading lies again

Just what? What is wrong with Jade? Did you even play the first game nigger?

>making the main character a nigger somehow lowers the quality of the gameplay
You sound like those idiots who wont play a game if the main character is a white guy

Who the fuck are they trying to sell the game to then? People who like it the original? The phrase is unnecessary if that were the case.

It's obvious this is just another bunch of propaganda bullshit and it will be full of political crap. Just look at the fucking dyke and faggot who wrote it.

Why is everyone asking "where is Jade?"

Was that not her at the end in the cockpit, she had green eyes looked asian.

why was there a need to stress the multiculti and multiethnic part though? I was hype seeing the fun characters and then the title drop, then they HAD to push their Sup Forums shit. fucking ubi.

It's probably her mom, you retard.

They said it was a prequel, it's probably Jade's mom.

Yeah kiddo you don't know shit kid

>beyond good and evil was a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural melting pot anyway.
Exactly. If she had said 'it'll be more of the same. itll be the same multiethnic/cultural game as before, but more grittier and darker - nobody would have fucking been mad because its TRUE.

Dammit Sup Forums, I thought we agreed to never use the monkey paw again.

hopefully she's the protagonist. Not holding my breath though

>First being the fact that the first game and this bge2 trailer shows all the multiculti shit so why even need to specify it. It's literally there for brownie points and no one wants that in a fucking reveal for bge2
This 100%.

Them coming out and being like "BY THE WAY, WE'VE CREATED A MULTICULTURAL AND DIVERSE UNIVERSE FREE OF HATE" makes it blatantly obvious it's going to be forced as fuck.

They had me until then, now I don't trust them. No one's complaining that the protagonist is a black woman, it's more that the dev's remark makes it clear we're going to run into some shoehorned muh feminism moments like literally every other piece of media lately that's been vocal about this shit.

When you're making a sequel to a game that's highly praised for its gameplay, story, and characters, and literally all you can say about it during the grand reveal is some multicultural diversity shit, it's extremely telling of where your priorities lie in this project.

>I'm mad because they're using it as a selling point.

That's pretty much how I feel as well. In the first game that's just how the world was, and I enjoyed it a lot. Now that it's a marketing thing, I feel uneasy about how they'll actually handle it.

Also the whole "being a prequel despite being called '2' and also having online elements".

Most likely an ancestor of hers.

During the conference after the cinematic video. They said that it's going to have large multiplayer aspects similar to that one AC game in France

I know that. I just don't want it in the game in that way.
I don't care if its just there. i don't care if that's how the world is. I care if it becomes a whole thing in the universe of the game. Like Andromeda did with the tranny NPC. I don't want that shit.

Sup guys want some other new game from an old IP?

this is a prequel?

fucking god damn it.

>multiplayer
>WE WUZ
>prequel
Fuck Ubisoft

>game is a prequel
>Jade isn't even the protagonist anymore
>story and characters from the original don't matter anymore
>space pirates are the protags now
>photography-based gameplay will likely be removed
>online mode
>it's Ubi, micro-transactions will likely be rampant

This is a literal monkey's paw scenario in the making. I have every right to be mad.

Because they went out of their way to say "Multiethnic, multicultural!".

Beyond (((Good))) and Evil 2

Lets not pretend Sup Forums and therefore/v/ would like BG&E if it came out today. It's about a member of the press bringing down a corrupt regime through leaking information to the public.

>Everything is "multicultural"
>Everything has a bunch of american and british minorities and american settings (Far Cry 5, Western pirates with women captains 9lol) when they had women captains in asia, Wolfenstein's united states of nazi yesterday)
>Meanwhile we don't get any actual cultures from around the world
I was excited for BGE2's Buddhist south asian aesthetics. But if they're casting their net super wide we aren't going to get anything inspired in the games.
I want games based off of Polynesian cultures. Give me a game with exploration set in Australia. Nepal is an amazing beautiful country and I don't think I've ever seen a game set there. Give me future tech based off of ancient Egyptian technologies. Give me a game set in ancient south america with the mayan, aztec or inca. Give me a game set in the 70s playing as a black women with a big ass afro going around being a revolutionary or whatever. As long as you make it genuinely interesting I dont give a shit.
If you're going to force diversity force cool diversity.

>I feel uneasy about how they'll actually handle it.
Same. We'll have to wait and see, but the current climate and Ubisoft's track record don't reassure me.

They pay people to cheer at events. Can't afford risking the public not displaying enthusiasm because they aren't enthusiastic so they just pay people to fake it instead. Also means you can control when the applause happen.