Lets just get this out of the way

Lets just get this out of the way

How many of you actually played the first game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_pWylgsT2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't. I don't understand the hype. Redpill me.

i have not

put it on ps4

I did. Loved it.

I played the HD one on my Xbox recently. Great game.

Nope, and i'm not going to be playing the new one

>Ubisoft

A couple of hours and dropped it. Boring as fuck.

Not me but i've fapped to the greenlip girl a lot.

I did. It was nothing special.

I did. Never beat the final boss.

I did multiple times as a teenager, the announcement of that garbage trailer for 2 is the one piece of gaming news that made me upset in my life, maybe the game turns out to be decent but why even make a sequel to this cult classic if it doesen't have anything to do at all with it?

literally less than 10 people on Sup Forums played it. all of this is fake hype and astonishment.

I did
this, rayman 3 and PoP SoT are the reasons why I hate what ubisoft has become nowadays

Played it on ps2 and 360.

me

I played it years later after release and love it.

I did. Was pretty fun from what I remembered.

This, I'll never get the hype

I did. Played it on ps2

100%-d it 3 times, except that one disc from their dead website.

I did. It was sorta meh. Best part was the air hockey game. Didn't beat it. The new one looks good but knowing modern Ubisoft, it will be screwed up somehow. Ubisoft's problem is their designers.

I played it back when it came out on Gamecube. I remember liking it, but honestly don't remember a whole lot.

Didn't this game end in a cliffhanger? Isn't that why everyone was clamoring for a sequel?

I did, and the fact that the new game is a prequel doesn't make sense, unless all hell breaks loose at some point. I hope Ubisoft doesn't fuck this up. Mirror's Edge Catalyst shit the bed.

It's basically a good Legend of Zelda styled game with an interesting world and charming characters.

Was this game really good or something?

I didn't but still got triggered. Not because all the sjw nonsense everyone is crapping their pants about, but because you shouldn't EVER make a prequel without tying up the main plot first. That shit is infuriating and it just feels like devs are deliberately fucking with you.
If i were a fan of the first game, i would be breaking things right now.

Haven't. Probably going to get a Remaster anyway

P R O P A G A N D A

I played rayman the great escape.

Fuck yeah! MY MAN!

At the very least, they seem to have made the world bigger. I'm curious as to how the include Jade's parents. I noticed that her father wasn't present in the trailer.

Borrowed it from a friend, got like 2/3 in but had to return it.

I did.

I'm 33. I imagine most people below 20 haven't.

>mystery is gay
>all my questions should be answered
>yes my favorite mgs is 4 why do u ask

(((CARLSON & PETERS)))

I did and it remains one of my favorite PS2 games.

Going to replay it soon just so I can feel worse about this announcement.

people sympathized with the main characters in the first game a LOT. I'm pretty sure it was the main reason why it's remembered as it is

you could literally hear the balls of the audience coloroing blue when Ancel announced that Jade and the pig character would not feature in this

if this flops, it's all his fault - assuming it was his decision to drop Jade

Sup Forums here. I am so mad they replaced the white all American protagonist Jane with some non whites. I definitely played the original game, that's why I'm so angry now that the new game will have non whites, replacing Jane, the white MC.

I want to play it: I have the gog version but it doesn't have controller support
Is it playable without it?

I remember asking for it for Christmas. Didn't get it so never played it because I got manhunt instead . I'm not even the slightest bit hype about this game. Can they make a new manhunt though?

I bought it 10 years ago during a steam sale and forgot to play it.

Played the intro level one time when it was free on PS+. As soon as they told me i had to take pictures, I turned the game off.

It seemed ok.

>prequel
fucking why? The first one ended on a cliffhanger, and those specific characters being good were a big part of the game

I did.
I don't actually care if it is BG&E or not, the overall content of this trailer simply offends me. This WEWUZ force came too far and is just too obvious now.
And the fact that a jew is directing it doesn't help.

Played it when it came out, it was ok i guess, it's not the best shit ever like some people are treating it, it was just alright.

>Mgs4 favorite game
Cheers mate. Made me laugh

I played it 10 years ago, I was born in 1999 (18)

>No Jade
>Prequel
>Shoehorned online components

I really liked the first and was hyped for a sequel, but ubisoft has killed all my potential interest. I feel empty bros,.

Didn't. Is it any good?

I did. Enjoyed it, and am hype for the new one. Don't forget that this was developed under Ancel as well. Ancel's responsible for everything Rayman and Beyond Good And Evil with Ubisoft. His last two games, Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are arguably honestly the only two Ubisoft games I really enjoyed from this decade so far. If there's one thing to have faith in from this conference, it's this game.

I've been on Sup Forums for 6-7 years now and BG&E is always one of the more vocally anticipated games on this board. Even if a whole lot haven't played it, it has its fair share of fans on this board you mong.

So it's some shit clone that a few people latched onto as the greatest thing ever.

>As you rise from lowly pirate to legendary captain, you’ll traverse System 3 at light speed to explore freely on your own or with friends. Presenting its solar system as a massive, seamless online environment, Beyond Good and Evil 2 gives players the chance to dive into the foundations of the franchise’s universe while traveling between diverse planets and moons in search of adventure.

>multiplayer

I replayed it like a month ago.
Fucking ubisoft man

Besides the multicultural and multiethnicity, it seems they are going for a much darker, edgier and violent game.

>I played manhunt instead
You're ok

never even heard of this turd.

If you havent played this game then you are underage and should leave the board.

It was one of those games I never got for Gamecube that I kinda wanted but never got around to it.

I dunno if I should get it on steam now or not.

for about 2 minutes, it was shit

I played the HD version back when it came out.

Jade is still my waifu. Too bad she won't be in the prequel.

its a good game but the new one is LITERALLY MULTIETHNIC

if you can't handle that maybe you should fucking KYS CRACKER

our games are for BLACK WOMEN ONLY

Don't get why people are getting so triggered over this. For fucks sake, one of Sup Forums's favorite games is Morrowind, and its setting is so unique because it has such multicultural influences. It seems to be the case here as well.

They can but it'll probably end up being even more censored than 2 was.

Latter part of your post is right, but it was a more than decent clone. Like a 7.5/10.

>it seems they are going for a much darker, edgier and violent game.
Which is unnecessary, in my opinion. First game was already pretty dark, and that was after the apparent fall of civilization. They could have kept the mood the same, or at least make the serious parts more subtle.

Yup, and instead we get a fucking prequel with forced liberal shit.

I mean, no-ones saying it's the best thing ever, they're just fans of the game. There's no need to be so bitter about people being excited about something you've never played, dude. This board has made you jaded.

D.B.U.T.T!

DON'T BREAK UP THE TEAM!

>thinks leaving the story unresolved is the same thing as leaving details to the player's imagination

Wow. Just wow.

> it seems they are going for a much darker, edgier and violent game.

it's not appealing and it's sad that they think this direction will be appreciated

Was to poor to play it when it was released, Beat it in 2010 or 2011 on my brand new PS2

Even then it was epic and memorable to this day

PROPAGANDA
MAMAGOOO!
Watch out JADE!!

A BOX OF K-BUPS

Ancel has also let slip that BG&E has suffered from dev hell and no funding, both of which is understandable when they said it would be a "massive online universe" which is what everybody nowadays is pushing.

The problem is that Ubisoft isn't game for developing a rather simple 3D action adventure that heavily focuses on storyline. If it's simple, it has to be 2D. If it's 3D, it has to be open world with multiplayer.

Ancel was probably given the okay to prototype it but only under special guidelines for funding.

It was free on PS+ one time and I tried it, I got bored and dropped it in an hour. The prequel seems to have the most annoying characters imaginable.

I
and I did it before it got popular

I played it so many times I know it by heart

I think it was free on ps plus a few years back. Never played it though.

i'm about to play it on steam to see why it's such a big deal since it's 5 bucks. is it a port? should i buy or emulate?

so then they can have a stinger with jade after the credits to lead up to the sequel, learn 2 franchise

all of Sup Forums except casual millenial faggots

I tried playing it once and I didn't like it

>6-7 years
Thought it was Vaporware.
youtube.com/watch?v=l_pWylgsT2E

>takes literally 13 years to get to the point where a prequel is even possible
>implying there will be a sequel

It was decent enough and people liked it, but it gets elevated because it bombed.

The PC port is butchered beyond saving.

Me.

Been waiting for a while now.

Pretty cool with what I saw.

The woman at the end was most likely Jade's mother. At the end I guess we will see Jade as a newborn baby.

3 times back then on the Gamecube best vesion thanks to the superior GC pad

I played it. Didn't really like it desu, don't care at all about the sequel which sounds like it'll be garbage

I played through it three or four times, each time 100%-ing it.

>it gets elevated because it bombed
I didn't see any promotion on this board until the HD remaster came out.

Got to a gamebreaking bug halfway through the game when playing it on Steam.

G-great port, guys.

the first game was already forced liberal shit

it's Legend of Zelda, but with a decent plot, superb art direction, and without fillers

On PS2. Was okay. Mediocre Zelda clone that was too easy, but still enjoyable. I liked taking pictures. Item management was annoying. Not being able to independently flip the x and y axis was annoying as hell and when they didn't fix it in the demo for the hd version was when I chose to not replay it.
The HD version was constantly on sale so I'm sure a lot more people than you think have played it.

It was cross-released on Xbox, PS2, GameCube and PC at the time. PC version is fine.