Holy shit Sup Forums this game is so good

Holy shit Sup Forums this game is so good.

How does shit like Undertale get so much praise and attention when better games like this exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE&
youtube.com/watch?v=waT9QskY_kA
youtube.com/watch?v=LzwWDmIvL5A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IeUuPI-Uve4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both are good you dingus

is this middens or space funeral or some shit?

Oddly enough it's because games like Off were released when indie games were free.

Because tumblr doesn't know this game exists, keep it like that please

its not really accessible to many people. undertale is easy to get into and beat, by comparison

its a turnbased rpg....

tumblr did know they just... didn't care after a while
god has graced us with OFF free from the tainted hands of social media

what game is this?

OFF by mortis ghost

It is like, in every rpg maker list here on Sup Forums, along with yume nikki and lisa. Its famous among this small niche.

Because Undertale started as an Earthbound romhack, so it got one obsessive fanbase behind it. The creator also did some work for Homestuck, so another obsessive fanbase was made aware of it by proxy. The nature of social media made it quickly start spilling over into related fandoms.

It helps that many Homestuck fans were becoming tired of the franchise around that time and wanted something new.

They're both good. I think part of why Undertale did well was because of effective marketing. (I remember seeing fanart of the characters months before the game came out).

I thought OFF, like most surreal RPG Maker freeware things, was pretty popular on Tumblr back in the day.

>How does shit like Undertale get so much praise

it was released on steam, the only digital distribution service used here, while having system requirements that can be met by a 9 year old thinkpad.
Sup Forums holds back graphics with their shit tier computers then blames everything else.

Oh god yeah, nevermind what I said

they cared about 5 years after it released and spammed batter-zacharie shipping for some goddamn reason
the thing about off is that it's old, originally released in 2007 and translated in 2011, its popularity raised briefly only years after the translation was released, a pity, wish ghost would make some more games but he's a surreal comic book artist now, which might be his original calling but it still leaves me bitter.

OFF you dunce, much better than space funeral or middens

It's also just a bad game. Mechanics are really simple and strategy is basically non-existent. The narrative, setting, and general characterization is fantastic (and I personally like the music, but it's divisive). Both games have shitty, simplistic maps and unimpressive graphics but Undertale tries out some new things with the battle system and has more variety in combat (boss fights especially).

I totally agree that Off is harder to beat though. I made it to the sequence of puzzles with the calendar and shit and I just gave up rather than look up a guide.

The game has very uninteresting combat don't kid yourself. Still a nice experience.

good thing the fanaticism wasn't as bad back then

best track tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE&

>much better than space funeral or middens
Wrong.

that was kinda obtuse but you can pass it pretty quickly just by guessing

overall undertale was a lot harder (still not hard but...)

>It's another Earthbound ripoff episode

I can't help but think of chainsaws hearing this

how is it compared to LISA

I disagree.
youtube.com/watch?v=waT9QskY_kA

Because Undertale has decent combat and a straightforward narrative while OFF's gameplay is absolute garbage and the story is needlessly obtuse. The only things OFF has going for it are the monster designs and pepper steak.

More surreal. Combat is somewhat simpler but roughly the same idea. Goes for a much more serious tone. Has actual puzzles. Shorter.

>implying both Off and Undertale aren't good
And Off has worse gameplay than Undertale. It just makes up for it with everything else

lisa is better overall, but both are fucking amazing

Is it linear ? Can I miss things ? endings ?

Yes.

Why DOES Undertale have such an autistic fanbase?

How do all the autists all group together and decide what game they're going to go mad over?

Incorrect
youtube.com/watch?v=LzwWDmIvL5A

It has the Homestuck Crowd from Toby working on Homestuck and the Furry Crowd from the Boss Monsters, and the deviantart crowd from the blue eyed funny skeleton.

Nice reference, I get it.

Mostly linear
You can miss a few details and a small side quest. You can also miss the joke ending, which is tied to said quest.
2 main endings, you choose at the end which one you want to see, pretty easy to see both by saving before.
Surrealist as fuck story. No one really know what it is, but there are some theories (and i strongly disagree with the most famous one)

Haven't played Middens, but I enjoyed Space Funeral a great deal more than OFF.

also really unbalanced in favour of the player.
you unlock moves until level 45 but you can beat the whole game in like lvl 15-20, no idea why
also the game does something less interesting narratively with the player compared to undertale.
You're told you are in control of the batter and need to kill everything, you do it and cannot avoid it, then you're told you're the bad guy
undertale in comparison is more complex by giving you real choices with the killing that even have consequences through multiple playthroughs
Even LISA had a struggle with consequence that handled by trying to fuck you over by cutting your arms off or killing your party but i found it as little more than a save scumming excuse to find the best outcome, the nice thing about undertale is if you save scum your way through it acknowledges that and tries to personally involve you as a player in the story in a more subtle way than "you control the batter, now kill everyone", LISA treats you as if you'd never do that.
In the end i do like more the stories of both LISA and OFF and love all three games

Thanks.

How long does it take to complete it for the first time ?

This and e.y.e divine cybermancy are a perfect proof that french indie games are the best.

Depending on how much you explore, and how good you are with the puzzles, 4 to 8 hours. Its a short game.

It's a sad story honestly.

Off was out for awhile and was quite liked by those that played it. It was unique and felt very original for an rpgmaker. At some point tumblr latched on to the game and they LOVED it. It wasn't your typical trend, it was like homestuck 2.0 there. Of course as it became more trendy the community became shittier and shittier. Eventually Mortis Ghost was just so embarrased by it that he began to distance himself from his own work. Now it has been replaced by whatever is the hit new trend but the damage has been done.

A couple hours, maybe. There's one place in particular you might get stuck, I think it was the office building. Other than that it's a fairly straight shot through the game.

Alright, you convinced me, I'll give it a try.

do you live under a rock?, the Homestuck fandom raped the shit out of it

I beg differ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IeUuPI-Uve4

Don't speak French, has Ghost ever talked about EB was an influence? I could decide if I feel like it is or isn't inspired by it.

Must dumblr ruin everything they touch

They ruined MSPaintAdventures.net
They ruined video games
They ruined politics
They ruined art with their retarded red noses
They fucking ruin every single thing with their retarded identity politics and incessant whining about MUH DIVERSITY or MUH STRONK FEMALE CHARACTERS

Is there a way to brutally murder anyone who has ever made an account on Tumblr?

>How does shit like Undertale get so much praise and attention when better games like this exist?
You need to hook me up with your drug dealer, because you are on some powerful shit.

Sorry I completely neglected the existence homestuck

So what was the story about?

i was thinking a while back, what if someone remade it in 3d?
i don't know why but i think it might have potential, a 3rd person action game kind of like kingdom hearts, where you traverse the world and fight enemies in zones that seal off like in KH, the batter abilites would be hard hitters and dashes followed by hits (run with dementia etc.)
add ons have different themes, so hear me now
alpha with chains can deal moderate ranged damage, grab enemies midair or throw them off, even chain them temporarily
omega is mobility, the photo theme is translated to lens zooming that teleport you by making you move very fast (it's retarded, it's rule of cool, i don't know) which can combo into very fast and hard hits, also it can heal and remove negative conditions off of you by color correcting you or some shit
epsilon is theatre, that means clones of the batter, dressed in theatrical costumes, they just appear to attack targeted enemies and disappear right after, do light damage, good for stun locking, also it can give the batter one of these costumes that grants stat buffs
it's just an idea but i mean, the game has got a lot of creativity behind it, i think it can power the base of a good little 3d action game.

Is this an actual game or just one of those indie pixel art walking sims that Sup Forums pretends are good?

The gameplay is thoroughly "Whatever". Pretty much the most standard RPG maker fare you can get.

The art, story, and music are all 10/10 and carry it through the crummy gameplay.

there's combat but it's pretty easy throughout the game, almost an interactive mini game if you grind a little, also some puzzles
you're pretty much asking for an interpretation, it could be a post apocalyptic scenario where hugo is a demi god or a dream from his brain slowly dying to chemo, what did you get out of it? i think it's the latter

I liked the theory that Hugo was a kid with cancer and the Batter was chemotherapy. It seemed to make the most sense and fit with the story.

you have to be fucking kidding me, i can understand someone picking middens over off, but space funeral? its a good experience, the atmosphere and OST are great, but off is one of the best games in the genre

Is there any explanation for the elements?

I take the story for what it was. No deeper meaning, no faux symbolism.

Something like an apocalypse happened, hugo and some other people lived.
The kid has some kind of psyche power, and remade the world with his understanding. Thats why it doesnt make sense, with cow iron and smoke mines. It is the recreation by a childish "god".
He also created 2 people to be his parents, one insipired by a sportsman and other by a queen, 2 idealization of man and woman.
He someday read an old comic about an evil batter, and associated the evil batter to his father. Unknowingly, he made the batter "evil", because he believed he was evil.
Batter kill everyone and erases the universe.

Blood fountain is blood transfusion.
Plastic from the mail is how everything in the hospital is usually plastic and comes in sealed boxes. Very methodic.
Smoke is medicine inhalation.
No idea about iron cows.

So with Sans being so prevalent in fucking everything, does that mean Deviantart Crowd is more powerful than both Furry and Homestuck crowd combined?