1 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 3
In gameplay:
5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > literal dogshit > infinite

Where is D2 on this?

Two is that bad with gameplay?
So far in 1 a lot of the mechanics seem weird
Especially how aiming skills doesn't change with map orientation

Disgaea 1 is my favorite. 10/10 game

Forgot it existed. Never played it but I'm thinking under 5 for story and somewhere between 4 or 3 for gameplay.

In fairness 2's popular, but I don't really like it. Its changes to mechanics were mostly shit, like the Dark Court.

Cool user
Should I be worried about my lineup at all? I didn't realize there were special classes to unlock until someone told me
I feel like I'm wanting to train too many people at once

that game has the best story but once you play any other disgaya you are going to be like holy shit what the fuck are these gameplay mechanics for the first one. Every game improves the gameplay like tenfold.

This is the only chance you have to enjoy playing the first game because it will be unplayable regardless of having the best story once you touch a sequel.

Do whatever you want for your first playthrough, it's really hard to fuck up. There are hidden humanoid classes to unlock but I wouldn't really stress about them too much. If you want to unlock them, you can google a guide, all of them have requirements like "Have a certain class at this level". All of them are really good.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother. Disgaea is a shit series, emulate Soul Nomad instead.

I'm glad I started with the first then
I learned my lesson from Rune Factory

Personal favorite is 4. I thought it had some of the better characters and mechanics.

Currently playing 5 on switch after only playing 1 & 2 on psp, I feel overhelmed by the amount of shit you can do now

Is there that much content added? I was going to get 5 on my PS4 but instead got 1 on my PC first

The developers do a good job at improving the game with each iteration. If they ever got to a Disgaea 10 at this rate it would probably be an amazing game.

So much has changed, user. So much.

Nice, that's really good news instead of them all being very similar
Guess my backlog just got a lot bigger

I'm honestly hopeful we'll get 6 announced soon. Timing's about right.

Whatever you do, don't try and play them all back to back.

For 5 if you're getting subclasses for a support class or character like Christo or Professor do you need all of them like for your nukers?

If you really want the stats, I guess?

MID BOSS IS ACTUALLY YOUR FATHER

Yeah that's the thing, do the stat buff skills scale off the caster's stats?

if you want to platinum/max stats you do

I don't think so.

Stat buffs are just percentage based.