BANNERLORD

youtube.com/watch?v=IUkL42p3Mss

youtube.com/watch?v=BMeqj8WG0a8

Lets talk about the best game at E3 Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And STILL no release date in sight.

At this rate, fucking Overgrowth will release before this.

>chain coif clipping through the back of his surcoat the entire demo
I hope that doesn't make it into the final game. Hell I'd wait until 2020 if it means they'd sort shit like that out.

>While we missed our 2016 target, we are confident we’ll be able to get the game out in some form this year.

I can't beleive I was looking forward to E3 because of this. I am so fucking mad. Five fucking years.

>not calling it Banterlord

>in some form
Oh god here comes early access pay to beta test the alpha. I'll still buy it but that sucks.

Do you think it will come out this year?

It was a fucking ruse right?

See
At the very least there will be a beta

we waited this long for practically just a graphical update
and they still haven't announced when the game is going to fucking come out

While I know they're showing off the fighting because that's what'll attract the normies, I wish they'd hurry up and show the overworld/political stuff off.

I wish they would show more than just the battles.

still pumped after all these years, the only thing I find worrisome is the lack of screaming, nobody is battle crying and Im worried

you mean just like the first

Calling it a graphical update is a bit extreme. You've got actual shit to do in cities now and a far more involved world in general. Can't wait honestly.

Some new features that have been confirmed. Quotes from an article

>Advanced Formations – Merge and split forces at your behest, with intuitive but powerful control over the movement, form and behavior of every unit! Order heavy infantry to hold together, shoulder-to-shoulder in a slowly advancing but near impenetrable shield wall; or launch your cavalry in lightning charges using the skein formation.

>Battlefield AI – AI commanders can execute complex tactics, utilizing the advanced formation options to present a formidable challenge. Their behavior is drawn from actual historical tacticians, for example Alexander the great, who used his superior cavalry forces to rout their counterparts in the opposing army, before delivering a crushing blow to the enemy’s main force. This not only creates the feeling of an authentic medieval battle but also proves effective in-game, as in reality.

>Sergeant System – Commanders now designate units to other lords in battle, including the player! Execute the orders issued by your commander throughout the fight, and use your own instincts to do your part and help secure victory on the field of battle. Lead the horse archers as they skirmish and harass the enemy to disrupt their lines before your allies finish them off, or take control of the cavalry and charge into the fray to devastate entire units at once!

but will they have napoleonic wars?

>delayed the game a year for plumed helmet physics
What did they mean by this?

>And STILL no release date in sight.

This little retard is actually complaining about the lack of a release date in a time when 99% of games are released broken, rushed, and buggy.

No, you fucking idiot. We should thank the fucking stars that there is no release date for M&B: Bannerlord. The longer it takes for a release date to be announced, the more likely a game will be better on release.

>The longer it takes for a release date to be announced, the more likely a game will be better on release.

yeah dude just like duke nukem, wasnt that game great?

I'd prefer A game instead of NO game.

And no, feature creep does not make a game better. Neither does iterating the same thing 700 times before it's done, it just screams lack of direction.

>Comparing bannerlord to Duke nukem
Are you retarded?

>horses charging at full speed collide
>both horses come to a dead stop
>horses are fine
>riders aren't thrown off

hope they fix this

Maybe it will be a worthy time sink... but watching a guy clumsily poke other guys for 7 minutes is pretty boring.

>That spear being deflected by helmet
>That tiny spark
muh dick

what comes first, working multitile boats in dwarf fortress or banterlord 1.0?

haha

Napoleonic wars when?

not only that but the new physics, AI and advanced battle commands all look great

yeah dude thats exactly what im doing, im glad you read my post.

Then just don't buy it until it releases fully. There's nothing stopping you from just not buying it in early access.

that they have a skeleton crew working on one of their most anticipated titles

I really hope the battlemap simulation side of things is more in-depth and everyone plays by the same set of rules including the AI.

I hated that AI commanders could basically spawn soldiers that cost no upkeep out of thin air. You'd completely crush an enemy force, rape their lands, kill all their fighting men, but if you wait a week the king would respawn with a party of 1000+ dudes he couldn't possibly pay for since he only had like 3 holdings in his realm. I hope that if the wars carry on for years and the fighting is intense enough depopulation becomes a serious issue because the whole region is running out of bodies capable of fighting. Since by that point anyone capable of walking in formation and carrying a spear is already dead and the next generation has no one to raise them, so the economy collapses, you can't recruit anyone and then your neighbors decide this might be the chance to wipe you off the map entirely.

So Swadia gets raped even harder? Yeeeah.

I hope they add a sprint button or something that makes getting around a battle on foot less of a slog.

>no release date
>when its the prime time to show a release date

J U S T

Not gonna happen.

>all those tactics I wont use because I'll be spamming swadian knights or their equivalent

Swadia deserves to get raped. Every Swadian must be purged.

They already did, an entire year ago, user

I want to see more goddamn it.

this
or, at least, if they're going to keep that kind of mechanic in, at least make quests/exploring/companions/standard RPG stuff more interesting so that there's something to do in the big picture other than play gimped geopolitics

Just started playing. Why are the controls so ass? Why can't I couch my lance on a 30 speed horse? How come the only way to progress is to fight bandits which appear at random?

>Why can't I couch my lance on a 30 speed horse?

I remember the old lances. Hoo boy those things were the fucking instruments of divine retribution, able to chain kill entire armies. That's the reason you can't do that now and why they have a cooldown.

You can change most of the controls, but they're honestly fine. Because otherwise Lances are pure death and unfun to play with/against. You could try trading, selling slaves, doing guild master missions, doing work for lords, fighting in the arena and tournaments.

I hope I can go full jew on this game and fund wars

>always a pleasure to have Mount and Blade at our PC Gaming Show
No fucking shit, god damn it, next year E3 we might get a different trailer and another distinct lack of release date.

Fuck sakes

Tournaments, becoming a mercenary, and doing jobs for lords are good ways to progress early game, especially if you know what faction you will want to join up with eventually because you will want to get in good with some lords early on.

10/10

You guys realize E3 only starts tomorrow and they still have a lot to show?

The tourney fighters oneshot me. I've managed to make it to round 5 still but it just never ends.

Some faggot set all the difficulty options to Easy so I set them back to Normal, is that bad?

Sucks the game is a prequel. Means that anything you do will inevitably be null and void in game canon.

>letting them hit you

I swear if there isn't a Mongol conquest DLC/Mod for Bannerlord, I will cry.

Those Khergit's look amazing.

Reminder that AAA games with huge dev teams have taken just as long to make, and Taleworlds is small. The only mistake they made was announcing it so early in development.

Fucking nobody gives a hot shit about the lore in Mount & Blade dude.

Why did the game run like shit in the presentation?

Literally just make your own Mongol Kingdom and start conquering

That's exactly the problem though. We have been teased for so fucking long now.

Same pathetic weak shit: no regiments, floaty combat, retarded AI - into the trash it goes

Because they use proper alpha builds instead of heavily scripted demo builds from AAA developers that are nothing like the actual game.

Berserk dlc when?

>Khergits
>Mongols
Hundred percent sure Khergits are based on T*rkics considering developers are T*rkish and T*rks are known for being "We wuz khanzz" tier LARPers. For fucks sake even the city names are Turkic.

>Still fuckall about diplomacy/economics
Come on you fucking turks.

Did they at least announce a date upon which they will announce a release date?

>Final duel
>Guy given a 2h sword
>I've got a toys r'us bow and a wooden dagger
>Have 0 archery skills
>Run to the corner
>Perfectblock the fucker with dagger twice and fucking stab and kick him to death.
Brainybots taught me well

Is this true?

That would be pointless, a single sword stroke can only hit one target.

Yeah I have a lot of respect for Taleworlds based off how they have been showcasing Bannerlord. No Bullshit, just game.

I tried showing some to a normie friend once, he said it looked bad, then went on to talk about some cgi trailer.

Fuck off cunt, you'll be saying this two years from now.

Tell me it's coming out in 2020 if you have to. Just keeping everyone in the dark is fucking stupid.

It was confirmed a while ago that attacks can now go through multiple targets.

When does it come out and how many shekels will it be?
When will we get a Napoleon War DLC for it?

>not Bonerlord
baka senpai

When?

Which faction will you side with first Sup Forums?

HURRY UP YOU FUCKING ROACHES AND RELEASE IT WITH SOURCE CODE BEFORE KING ROACH DECLARES VIDEO GAMES HARAM, FUCK!!!!

The pink faction. Lots of enemies to fight.

The first one was in beta mode for an eternity

Do we have a list of factions and their features yet?

This vid, about 9 mins in.
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

The not!Celts

IT WAS FUCKING NOTHING TALEWORLDS
FUCKING
NOTHING

Holy Vlandian Empire

One dev blog mentioned the AI and player have relatively level playing field: for instance, when you destroy a lord's army, the lord cannot raise troops quickly unless he has a pre-existing garrison. However, in order to recruit more troops the lord may have to raise taxes, thus risk peasant revolts. In addition, if desperate the lord may turn into crime.

>no SJW bullshit

is this actually real?

either the pink or lavender-coloured faction I guess. for some reason I can't really explain I always wanted to travel southeast from the border between the sarranids and the khergits. iirc there was a really weird pile of rocks they used to block off some mountain pass down there. no idea why I remember this

judging by the names they're not just proto-khergit and proto-sarranid cultures, there's something else going on there

>implying turks give a rat's ass about pandering to leftist softies

So it's just a graphical update? Why can't we have nice things. Why couldn't the combat have been slightly more realistic, why couldn't one of the enemy horse riders immediately fall off his horse after being stabbed WITH A FUCKING SPEAR POINT BLANK
Fuck E3
Fuck Sup Forums
Fuck life

From the Wiki

>The Calradic Empire is where the Players find themselves involved at the beginning of the game. While far past the height of its power, the Empire's military has been honed throughout the generations and is still a force to be reckoned with, employing cataphracts and spearmen along with archers to devastating effect.

>The Vlandians are a feudal state that specializes in heavy cavalry.

>The Sturgians inhabit the northern woodlands and are lethal axe-men and swordsmen.

>The Aserai inhabit the more desertic lands of Calradia and combine footmen and horsemen in battle.

>The Khuzaits are a steppe tribe and make heavy use of horse archery.

>The Battanians are famed for their marksmanship as archers throughout Calradia.

>roaches
>sjw
you will literally never see that day

They're greatly improving sieges, and supposedly the economy.
I hope they also greatly flesh out politics, but not in a tedious manner; though, I would love to see some of what you're wanting.