Did anyone besides me actually think M+R actually looked pretty fun and cool?

Did anyone besides me actually think M+R actually looked pretty fun and cool?
Why does everyone hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jum0LImABLI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its just xcom with a different style

THIS IS NOT ON NINTENDO'S YOUTUBE PAGE

It will be shown AGAIN tomorrow on their show. Just Dance is on their page, this is NOT.

Prepare for wasted time.

And? What is wrong with that?

>Cool
No, user, it does not look cool. Fun, yes, but this is about as far from cool as it gets.

>Why does everyone hate it?
It's not a Sony game.

Do you even fucking know what cool means?

Rabbids are annoying garbage shit.

>everyone already changed their mind and likes it
>"hey guys is my opinion still contrarian?"

it looks fun

it has rabbids in it.

they're a bunch of retards that's why
rabbids games have been good, they just associate them with the minions craze because autism
I'm genuinely excited for both mario and rabbids

if the battles get complex and difficult, i am very much in. who cares if its colorful and silly looking?

Man, ubisoft shills are really going at it.

They don't. A lot of people actually like it.

I sure as fuck wasn't expecting a straight up Mario XCOM but sure I'll play that.

I've been seeing plenty of praise

buy a banner, ubi

This. Fun, but not cool.

It was less horrific, retarded and cancer giving than i thought it would be, but i still won't buy it.

If there was an option to remove or replace rabbids with something else, maybe.

>what's wrong with copying another game and then slapping popular franchise names on it to make a quick buck

gee i dunno

I've seen far more hate than hype.

Looks pretty decent. I hope the cards in the collector's edition don't have any game effects because fuck paying $40 extra for a statue I don't want.

>It's just Witcher 3 with a different style
>It's just Xcom with a different style
>It's just NBA17 with a different style
>It's just Destiny with a different style
>It's just Need for Speed with a different style

Because Ubisoft's internal memos about the game were leaked and made the it look like an engineered product designed to be sold to brainless retards.

I think it looks fun, but now I'd feel bad about buying it.

>Did anyone besides me actually think M+R actually looked pretty fun and cool?
Yes indeed look fun Mr not-marketer where can i pre-order this masterpiece?

I dunno, it's like combining a lack of innovation and an absurdly awful crossover no one asked for just doesn't cut it for lots of people

Did you see the HILARIOUS cinematic after they showed off the gameplay? It was horrible.
The gameplay itself looks alright, but the game's sense of humor is a massive turnoff.

>Mario X-com
>with Rabbids though
I'll give it a shot. The first Rabbids game was good enough for an early Wii minigame collection.

It's those stupid little rabbit things. They aren't funny, they just make dumb noises like minions. Maybe I'm just out of touch and didn't realize how popular rabbids were to warrant making this shit. Gameplay looks cool though.

But its not a direct copy. It looks to try and change things up from traditional static movement options in xcom.

Perhaps it's because Mario and rabbids are two completly different franchises that don't mix well at all and the whole thing feels like your grandpa pretending to be hip?

Like, i sorta expect one of the rabbid to have a fidget spinner attack and the game actually trying to make that pass as actual humor

Shadowrun did it, and everyone still loved it.

Rabbids just gross me out man. I'm fine with the mario parts of it, but literally everything else besides the combat is just something I would rather pretend does not exist. Not really sure if I can even make myself sound rational. Won't be getting it.

Gonna be honest, I was expecting the game to be SHIT. But the presentation was actually pretty good, the game looks like XCOM (and reminds me a bit of Resonance of Fate, for some reason) with a fun and colorful universe. Good enough for me.

I have to say, Ubisoft conference in its globality was pretty dope for the most part. I hope this time their games won't be a huge disappointments...

The gameplay looks really boring. They spent the first part of the trailer just walking around for fuck's sake. If the gameplay just involves walking through a linear level from battle to battle it'll get old real fast. One of the great things about X-COM is the geoscape, the base building. Some generic skill trees won't be able to replace that. The combat looks like watered-down XCOM (which was already watered-down X-COM) with boring levels and aesthetics. I'm not expecting the game to be very difficult since it's clearly catering to a younger audience.

And yes, the rabbids are shit, it should have been a full Mario game or at least had Rayman characters instead.

Every game is getting hate here.

>no Super Mario Odyssey announcement

This was a huge waste of fucking time.

Why would Ubisoft announce SM Odyssey, a game that has already been announced?

>Super Mario Odyssey announcement
>at a Ubisoft presentation

I don't. And I honestly don't mind the not-minions after seeing what the gameplay is going to be.

I just hate how every nintendo fan is already hailing it as the GOTY right now. Like jesus, easy there. The game isn't even out yet.

My fave part of the trailer, is how uncomfortable they've made mario look. It's like he's just got on the bang bus

>xcom is the only game in the genre
>xcom invented it
Neither of these are correct you sack of fucking shit

It took a while, but I think we finally found a new Mario game thats so terrible, it can join Mario is Missing, Mario's Time Machine, and Hotel Mario in the pantheon of suck.

>a fucking xcom clone
okay

kill yourself autistic underage

Iwata probably greenlit this on his deathbed while delirious from his chemo treatments

Wow you shoot someone.

I was sold as soon as I heard it was basically XCOM for Switch. Still hate Rabbids on principle, but the gameplay looks fun
>inb4 needing to justify my purchase. I already know.

>filename
Nice

Bannerlord seems to be getting nothing but love from what I've noticed, so that's one that's doing well.

It has some amazing animations. And I like Mario. And I like some simple fun, like Kirby, so this might be a simpler tactical RPG to relax with.

I'm fucking sold. Fuck anyone who posts the meme "convince gamers" image, the only part people dislike is Rabbids, while literally everything else looks amazing.

It will be shown AGAIN tomorrow on their show. Just Dance is on their page, this is NOT.

Prepare for wasted time.

please show me where in my post i said xcom

>slapped together
>cash grab
>he didn't see the video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jum0LImABLI

looked like a game for faggy nintendo autists to get excited about just because it has super mario wahoo bullshit in it. thats not to say its bad, but if it werent mario, it would literally be a $7 steam game.

It looks cool
I hate it because it'd be better if you removed everything from Rabbids and it was only Mario characters, or crossover with a better franchise

You've never played it.

this
If it didn't have Mario none of you would defend it

Bull. Iwata is spinning in his grave so fast it could power a third-world nation.

Why are the Rabbids both the good and the bad guys in this game?

The shilling for this game is real.
There is literally 4 threads up now saying how "good" this shit looks. Trying being more subtle.

So you are forced to see the stupid little fuckers every moment of the game.

Its fire emblem with rabbits.
But it looks fun.

I don't think the gameplay looks fun. It removes too much of what made Xcom good.

>B-BUT YOU JUST HATE FUN

I'm sorry, it doesn't look fun to me. Don't be angry.

I love Rabbids. For them I'll probably buy the Switch. When Nintendo releases the usual improved version a few years down the line.

I think this is good because hopefully 8 year olds will be able to enjoy tactical games and hav an audience for that as years go on still.

We need more games that arent whats already saturated to shit and xcom just happens to be in a largely untapped genre

>every turnbased topdown game is fire emblem

you guys are becoming metroid tier in terms of nintendo fanbases

It would be a cute game if the rabbits didn't have down syndrome.

I think it was unexpected. It's nice for getting attention but I have a disdain for proto-minions.

Rabbids are fun because they are literally heavily retarded potatoes. Just look at them:
>functionally retarded
>emotionally unstable
>flat face with eyes wide apart

They're fucking hilarious!

>wah wah this fanbase is so bad
>[insert a billion other generalizations here]

You're way worse than any of the people you're complaining about. Unquestionably. Not even that guy. Stop being such a shitflinging faggot.

Everyone hated it because it had Rabbids in it, but I honestly thought it looked okay.

If I could bleach out the SJW peach, selfie and dabbing nonsense, I would actually be a lot more excited about it.
But since I'm not a shallow bastard and I like the gameplay I'll still give it a chance.

I think it's just because everyone was expecting the game to be utterly bad. But it actually look passable at least. So everyone is surprised...

triggered. Your fanbase is shit, staymad.

t. hasn't played XCOM

>we got rabbids instead of rayman

I would, fuck off

>THIS IS NOT ON NINTENDO'S YOUTUBE PAGE

Yeah but we can still hope it's gonna mostly be a treehouse deal.

Who the fuck asked for this? Really?

Does Ubisoft have some incriminating evidence of Shiggy? Are they holding the president of Nintendo's family hostage?

And shallow dumbed down shovelware gameplay

Or they refuse to mention it and leave it all for Ubisoft. PLEASE.

Yeah, no. If it was just rabbids no one would defend it.

Doing it wrong.

Accepting this will just push us further down the path to ruination. It's not shallow. It's a stand.

This is how Nintendo gets third party support for the Switch.

I hate it because it's a strategy game
I hate strategy games
except fire emblem and devil survivor.
those are the only exceptions.

With a gun?

I would be cautiously interested if it was JUST Rabbids or JUST Mario. More if it was Mario and less if it was Rabbids, but I'd have an open mind about either option.

But since I think very little of Rabbids and a lot of Mario, I think it's a shit tier crossover. Mario is -literally- 100 times more famous and beloved than Rabbids.

>nintendo passing on the opportunity to show people the switch has games
>it's a fucking mario game
how stupid can a tripfag get

If this game had the exact same baked down Xcom gameplay 1:1 but was Sonic + Rabbids or Playstation All-Stars + Rabbis Sup Forums would be universally shitting on it.

Slapping a Mario hat on something makes it automatically okay now.

>you

#NotMyMushroomKingdom

It involving rabbids lets you know it's going to be shit regardless of how you feel about the gameplay (which looked silly outside of combat). The story and all the bits that aren't direct combat gameplay and possibly level aesthetics are going to be awful.

>Mario franchise is known for platformers and party games
>Rabbids are known for party games and are heavily associated with Rayman, a platforming franchise
>put them together and you get a strategy game

How bittersweet.

could be fun, but rabbids are annoying af, and are just minions.

>not realizing 'convince' actually means 'play them like a fiddle' by releasing 'leaking' the horribly made presentation, making people talk about the game by how bad it's going to be and then surprising them with surprisingly decent gameplay

You can't say it has good gameplay, otherwise you're admitting that Ubisoft makes good games, which means you're no longer allowed to criticize Assassin's Creed, for example.

It's the other way around dude: minions are the annoying soulless version of the rabbids.

Wasted potential. I was secretly hoping it would turn out to be a Mario Megaman-style game.

The hell? Why would I judge a game based on who made it? That's as stupid as saying a game is good or bad if it released only for certain consoles.