If you're going to add diversity to your games

Fucking do it properly. The sassy black woman with huge hair who "don't need no man" is a trope as dead and tired as it comes. Just dropping black people into a vidya doesn't earn you the points you're looking for. Believe it or not but people like well-written characters. Copy-pasting stereotypes does nothing good.
And before I get the guaranteed "WOW Sup Forums IS SO TRIGGERED xD" reply, just know that I generally don't give a fuck about my race's representation in media, especially since there are plenty of good examples of black representation. But when so many games use the EXACT same stupid trope of a character all for "muh diveristy quota", it's a bit annoying. Almost insulting, really. Have these suits ever even met a black female?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DuvN4YcJ0ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=jMMJNal_ybM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why can't black female characters be more like this?

GUUUURRRLLLLL.

these games are shit of their own merits
this is the least important topic about them to pick on

MH-MHHHHHH

How sad is it that these games main features is how "diverse" and "inclusive" they are?

>Just dropping black people into a vidya doesn't earn you the points you're looking for.

that's where you're fucking wrong you hwite male

the entire business model has been corrupted with diversity quotas, it does score you huge amounts of points, and on a personal level it's scores tons of points from all your starbucks friends on faceshit and twatter

does it stop black people from dying in the ghetto? fuck no but god damn does it make rich (((white))) women feel good about themselves

I think it's still an important topic to pick on, because it's clear what their intentions are with these characters. They want it o be a big deal that they've added all this diversity and multiculturalism and blah blah blah when they don't realize they've also added in completely shit characters.

can you fuck off with your shit games that you try to spice up with shit pandering?

I'm already on the hypetrain with my white slavfu btw, we also won E3 btw

youtube.com/watch?v=DuvN4YcJ0ZA

because the vast majority of black chicks with straight hair have disgusting chemical hair

What's especially sad is that none of these are playable, and two of the games have white guys as the main characters. It's like they took one step forward and two steps back.

This
I don't care about diversity, do whatever you want
Making good characters should come first, though. This kind of cookie-cutter and tired trope recycling is shit, they only create the most forgettable characters.

Ironically they are undermining their own goals

Keep crying.

She's so sex, Jesus Christ.

Indeed. It only covers 2 diversity points, woman and non-white. Make her also a mtf lesbian muslim and you get 5 instead of just 2!

I'm white and most white girls have disgusting chemical hair

I wouldn't be surprised if some outrage spawned from this. POC journalists don't take kindly to being stereotyped.

>black
>delicious brown
Pick one and only one.

It is ironic that you people sound exactly like Anita and shit. Complain that there are "tropes" in games you don't like and therefore it should stop

Remember when you said. If you don't like it go make your own games.

Well if you don't like it go make your own games.

Way to turn into the retards.

she aint black

The sad part is, I would actually enjoy a tongue-in-cheek Foxy Brown-style blaxploitation game that openly mocked its own tropes.

But the way they're just shoehorning in these characters is just bizarre.

It's like they think having a diverse cast automatically means their game can't be criticized for being terribly-written.

>White people dictating what is and isn't appropriate representation of black people

that's south american

man all this time I never realized that you can only richly characterize and write stories about white men

>The diversity marketing angle has already backfired

>all black people have soul

video games always pretend that Uncle Tom black people don't exist. They always have to be uppity or comedic relief.

For as much shit as the Last of Us gets around here it gets their minorites right. Nobody was this "cool" character. Video games make it worse because the characters are mostly stereotypes.

and when you do legitimately criticize it, they will just label you racist white nazi

Every black female in movies and games is loud, obnoxious and crazy. Might as well give them an afro

>Used to have a thing for women with huge afros
>All these devs make them all look like strung-out crack whores aside from BG&E2
>She's a fucking britbong
Whites will never know this feel.
Fucking hell man, if you're gonna put them in games at least make them somewhat attractive.

>Black black black
>Diverse
the rest of us minorities are just being left behind

You mean most black chicks have other people's hair or synthetic hair transplanted into their heads.

She is mesoamerican you idiot.

>diversity
>every black character looks the same

WHERE ARE THE INDIANS ASIANS AND BEANERS

WHY ALWAYS BLACKS

In order of hair rendering budget
2 (borderline racist shit)

This whole stereotyping thing is pretty stupid. Tokenism is racist even if you're doing it to earn liberal brownie points

You'll love Sony's showcase of the new Uncharted game too.

>It's like they think having a diverse cast automatically means their game can't be criticized for being terribly-written.
They know that is the case.

eh, as a black girl id have to agree. Im not upset about black women being in more vidya but i wish black girls could be portrayed in a more nuanced or unique way. the badass black girl trope is cool (if not a little trite), i guess, but what about shy black girls? or black girls that need saving? or nerdy black girls? Even i rolled my eyes when i kept on seeing what is basically the same character over and over again for the past two days; aesthetically and personality wise. Yeah, alot of the complaints here are just "REEE muh white male oppression"; but they do have a point.

Not like we're asking for this shit. Devs just jump straight to black so that those annoying white liberal fucktards will give them extra brownie points for representing the "most oppressed" group in their game.

i really wish only beautiful whites, asians, and eurasian-looking mixes only appeared in video games and IRL

Personally I think it's pretty racist that you think there's a problem with some of the characters in your dumb popcorn entertainment being nonwhite.

>Here's your ninja, bro

well, its not like bald space marines were an especially complex or compelling representation of white males, its just another dumb fad

Because latina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black girl

>jews dictating what is and isn't appropriate for white people with everything

I think this devs are just incapable of originality. Regardless of any race they just do copies of each other. Like how so many games have short hair mid 30s rough white dude as the protagonist but they all end looking the same.

>Almost insulting, really.
of course its insulting, they are literally using you to spread division and discord in different industries, hobbies, trends so they can inject their marxist "solutions" into them. you are a tool to them.

>>a wolfenstein game with a black afro woman

wait what is that for real? I can't think of two things that are more opposite in this world

Do you have an afro the size of an exoplanet?

She's Mesoamerican, you dolt.

Except BG&E that already had a black chick as a MC (except with an actual black look rather than what diversity crackas think is good hair for a black chick) all the other games have black characters shoved in because the all-white company, developer studio and even marketing team had a little bit of white guilt but mostly they want to pretend they care about diversity when in reality they wouldn't hire or work alongside a non-white unless they are 5000 miles away in some third world country working as outsourcing devs basically doing all the actual work while these WASP assholes can go hiking, kite surfing or whatever the fuck it is white people do

>inb4 diversity crackas

The only ones pushing for this shit are white fags from frisco and other shitholes like that, and sometimes a nigga here or there but they are only in for the free ride trying to get a position or something

And only crackas think that bushmen hairdo is good, everybody knows that shit is for broke basic bitches that can't afford even the cheapest weave

where were you when liberals rationalized that it's ok to be racist?

No uncharted?

Video game industry is just going through the Blaxploitation phase. Remember when they had an entire genre of movies made for blacks featuring a sassy black woman with a fro and how the villain was always a rich white man (or even more evil rich white woman) that was responsible for flooding the hood with cheap coke?

we also unironically need more fat, unathletic black males because that's what the majority is

or just no blagg peeble at all, honestly. i'm fine with whitey and ching chongs

>The sassy black woman with huge hair who "don't need no man" is a trope as dead and tired as it comes.

Shit man so as long as its not demure you get you panties in bunch then?

Exactly, that's why you shouldn't buy these games. They're all made by the whitest crackers on planet earth.

S W E D E N
W
E
D
E
N

>Personally

oh good, i wasn't sure you meant yourself

Don't count on it, Asians make liberals look bad. They're about a hair from declaring them as "the other white people"

far cry 5 as well. slay qweenz

Maybe they did it because 3 of those games take place in the 70's and it was thematically sound, and merely coincedental that three AAA games would release titles taking place in the same era?

NAHHHH it's all for diversity points.

Fuck off Sup Forums

>there's nothing wrong with racism
>liberals are the REAL racists!

Wow SO diverse!!
*woke asf nigga

>personally I think it's pretty racist that you think it's pretty racist that they included the most dead-horse-beaten sassy black woman trope ever

Maybe everyone should just be racist then nobody will give a shit

I wanna titty fuck the beyond good and evil chick.

looks cool

it's like black girls makes up more than 6% of the population in the west or something, why aren't we seeing them literally everywhere?

B&E2's black girl is a qt

>POC journalists don't take kindly to being stereotyped
If you haven't noticed, there are almost zero black games journalists.

Seriously. Name one.

N E W Y O R K
E
W

Y
O
R
K

You got one, legitimately with Foxy Brown herself.
It's a Zombies Map in Infinite Warfare,

Unironically a pretty damn good time as well. Disco Kung-Fu Zombies is the perfect level of 70s cheese with an unironically good soundtrack to go with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=jMMJNal_ybM

I like her l, cool character. I'm also cis white scum.

I think the worst thing about this is that the only people defending this are white people who think this is actually what we want to see in video games.

Because then they would be asians

this
sjws hate asians almost as much as they hate white people

well for starters, she ain't black.

Not black, but i still want a girl like her.

>Black Panther trailer
>oh boy I can't wait to see a legitimate representation of Africa in fiction, wonder how they're gonna do this
>HIP HOP MUSIC
>WE WUZ KANGS
>AFRICA ACCORDING TO AFRICAN AMERICANS

was anybody else kinda pissed by this? I know it's not vidya but it's like if you gave a story about irish folklore to a bunch of americans and had some neutral milk hotel play in the trailer instead of legit irish folk music

Well that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, even when you're wrong

Somewhat true for Indians as well, at least in tech

It's sort of funny that all these different devs chose the same hairstyle, and that so many game companies decided on black protagonists in the same year, but it's not like they were coordinating it or anything. The motivation for having non-white characters is completely fine and will seem less obtrusive as it becomes more normalized. The games industry is essentially reaching the point Hollywood reached years ago.

To add to my statement, I don't give a shit how black people feel they're being represented. Cry me a river m8

she's so hot

Far Cry 5 at least got it right and gave her dreads

don't worry, they'll fill the blanks for them

Seriously that smirk. Just wanna throw her on the bed and do things to that cute little butt.

yea most black girls don't even touch video games and black dudes just play sports games

this is totally rich white women who don't play videos games pandering to other rich white women who don't play video games

Who are you quoting?

>Chel
>Latina
She's a native american

because sexy females are misogynist or some shit

uh,not really???
ive been natural for 3-4 years so my hair is pretty big but it isnt circular shaped. It kind of looks like St. vincents hair i guess; but obviously poofier and less defined.

It'll take ~1 year to make its way out from liberal arts schools to the mainstream; some rice niggers have tried to do the 'i'm oppressed too' thing, but there are too many chinks on campus from actual China succeeding for it to work.

Who else fucking pumped for the next Battlefield game?

of course theres no representation for them, black africans are actually oppressed

>and black dudes just play sports games
Fuck you m8, I also play fightan and FPS.
I'll probably be pirating these games though, I don't like being used as a political statement.
Plus Ubishit, Bethesda, and EA are all fucking trash and I hope they go under.