Congratulations guys, you made Advance Wars, a 16 year old game and you didn't change it at all

Congratulations guys, you made Advance Wars, a 16 year old game and you didn't change it at all
Pat yourselves on the back
You fucking hacks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2_O9Py2QK3E
youtube.com/watch?v=c8fscLm0M24
youtube.com/watch?v=rfe--sDIrVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sweet, love advanced wars!

oh shit what game

I love Advance Wars too!

That is some revolting sprite work.

>a 16 year old game and you didn't change it at all
That's exactly what Sup Forums keeps wanting Nintendo to do with anything that isn't Mario.

I lost my copy of advance wars gba in church and the church ladies threw it away instead of giving it back. That's when I became an atheist

fuck year

If I were you I'd had burned that church

>Chucklefish
Well, the cant fuck it up, its advance wars, so simple its almost inpossible to.

Best girl.

It looks a lot better in motion. It has this nice fluid bouncy thing going on with all the animations.

But yea, its straight up Advance Wars Maker. Which isn't a bad thing really.

... They'll find a way.

Actually, look at their commander art and realize they've already fucked up pretty damn hard.

wargroove

they will fuck it up. They have the commander as playable units and for sure they'll be broken. Calling it

Better girl.

Their commander art is the worst sort of tumblr trash.

>didn't change it at all
The art clearly changed for the worse. The hero unit system also seems like a strict downgrade from Days of Ruin.

The sprites are nice looking, it's just the terrible commander portraits dragging down everything around them.

exactly what I thought. could you imagine if tomorrow Nintendo announced a new advance wars?

And those us who aren't retarded spastics think they're fucking hacks too
Alternatively
>It's okay when Nintendo does it

Welp, tumblr nose and shit do look bad but other than that, seems fine to me.

Ive seen the rest of the art back when they showed it as a concept on twitter, so they csnt really do much worse, this was the only bad looking comander, least that I remember

>market crash

>woman's ability

Never would happen in 2017, all units under female commander would be invincible

to be fair, no one was making a new Advanced Wars...

>Game is probably heavily mod-able
Don't worry, we'll get our waifus in one way or another

I am desperate for a decent simple advance wars

>Nintendo won't make another AW
>Get mad when somebody else does.

Nah fuck off.

>be mad that they changed X
>JUST FUCKING MAKE MORE OF THE SAME WHAT THE FUCK

>Makes same game you loved before (not talking about bullshit cod rehash type bullshit btw)
>WHAT THE FUCK WHYD YOU MAKE IT THE SAME REEE

And why would they need to change? If it's good and fun why worry?

Intelligent Systems said recently they're interested in making a new Advance Wars

sad part is the they want to add the relationship system from Fire Emblem

Best CO

will i be able to run this properly on my GTX1080? it looks like a real demanding game

Has chucklefish ever made an original game or even finished a game?

Color palette is too dull and washed out, would prefer it brighter with more pop

>sad part is the they want to add the relationship system from Fire Emblem
Oh shit.

Even if they're broken, if you take one down the game is over. Just hem it in with tanks and kill it with indirects for an easy win.

I like that more too, either way I'll probably buy it

... That sorta worked in FE because the units are all individual characters...

the hell is that going to work in a game like AW?...

This looks ass

It's really not easy to balance a good turn based tactical game. Unless they rip off advance wars unit for unit.

>only vacant buildings can be captured
>captured buildings start with 1HP (or 10 if you go by the in-battle 100 points max) and gets +1 every turn
>becomes vacant if brought down to 0; can be attacked by any unit eith offense
>only cities give money
These are pretty big changes.

>implying this looks better

sweet, I loved advance wars! now I wanna go and replay it again.

It literally does though
Less advanced perhaps but that just makes it more impressive that the colours are better and the lines are cleaner

I agree, those portraits just don't look great.

Apparently the game will launch with the ability to customize your own campaign including dialogue and the ability to unlock hidden missions. All you need is to swap out the artwork with something more palatable, and you could go to town making the advance wars storyline of your dreams.

I will buy this game and tiny metal

Tiny Metal looks so fucking better, desu. If I had known at that time that it would be on switch I'd had backed the project

Awesome! I'm so desperate for a game in this series I refuse to accept is dead and will never get another decent entry because the developers have fallen to shit practices and mediocre releases that I'll praise this soulless indie clone!

Tiny metal won't have navy units that's lame

What's the name of the game?

Wargroove, read the thread.

Will this be released for pc?

PC and Switch.

That is a really big improvement
The picture you linked actually does look a lot better

Neato, release date?

I really wanted a new final fantasy tactics or tactics ogre, but I guess this is better than nothing.

>shitposting the post

>they made exactly what people want

Op btfo

Advance Wars manages to define characters and vehicles in such a clear yet unique and diverse way in a space of just 13 pixels by 13 pixels.

AW animations are great, and explosion sprites are amazing, especially considering their size.

You try to scale it up and you go straight into uncanny valley.

there's no date yet

I hate the Tumblr art so much

Is someone going to patch it out?

>Giving people exactly what they want.

Sure, but what's different?

Don't tell me it's EXACTLY the same type of gameplay. There has to be some new mechanics to separate it from AW.

Dual strike except you waifu your CO

>Don't tell me it's EXACTLY the same type of gameplay. There has to be some new mechanics to separate it from AW
youtube.com/watch?v=2_O9Py2QK3E
Watch it yourself and tell me if you see any difference.

lightning strike

>sad part is the they want to add the relationship system from Fire Emblem

Just fucking kill me in my sleep already.

Is there nothing that Fire Emblem can't ruin?

this the commander portraits are awful, hopefully we can mod them like with stardew

If it helps you, they stated they don't know exactly how to do it.

Probably that's what's keeping them from doing the game.

>another AW
No user. This is an AW-like game, but setting it in a medieval fantasy world removes a lot of AW appeal for me. Those units were perfectly depicted. I loved them. This is just your generic tumblr trash in old flash-game Newgrounds style that happened to use AW as a skeleton.

That looks great, it does look almost identical to AW mechanically.

I'm tempted desu.

>mechanically
That's the problem.

They could have your CO as a special unit or something. They could be your HQ instead of a building, that might work.

Sorry, I've come down with a terrible case of affluenza. Shut up before I crush you with my wallet.
youtube.com/watch?v=c8fscLm0M24

Chin length hair is superior but bangs are great too

I knew what this video was before clicking it

glorious

>Intelligent System will indeed one day bring back Advance Wars
>and they'll force some gimmick on it like the dating sistem

Goddamn just looking at that picture this song pops right into my head.
youtube.com/watch?v=rfe--sDIrVY
I miss Advance Wars

They already nearly ruined the series with GRIMDARK AW: NOW WITH A CONVOLUTED MELODRAMATIC STORY!

As much as I miss the franchise, at least they can't fuck it up anymore. They should just continue to make their pandering waifu jerkbait baby's first strategy game and leave AW alone.

perfect. this is exactly what i wanted.

Tiny Metal looks too much modernish with horrendous graphics.

yeah baby i'm gonna marry an artillery piece to a neotank

>tfw you will never protect mercia's smile when all the shitty weebs are hating on her because shes more realistic than their chink cartoons

its not fair i want to lick her scar and tell her shes beautiful

I am 100% on board for a totally un-creative Advance Wars clone, but what the fuck is this art style? Are they kidding with this?

>marrying a shit unit with an overpriced unit

I'll marry a Heavy Tank with an APC. Their sons will be a BMP and a Merkava.

WHY IS HER NOSE RED???

There ya go

/37/183098/?Advance+Wars+2+Jukebox.swf

It's tumblrtrash

Acute tumblrosis
Hundreds of thousands of drawn characters struggle with this illness

The only viable way would be to replace the rank and files with actual characters, but that'd be god awful for so many reasons.

She's not more realistic. She's still a cartoon, she's a very western looking cartoon. The problem is she's also not a very well drawn one.

>mfw stumbled upon this being showed
>people on youtube chat were saying it was a Fire Emblem clone and not Advance Wars

I want her to berate me like she does to colin

looks good

They confirmed that the game has hero units.

>hero units
WHY

they can keep their tumblr nose, the characters designs just don't look appealing at all.

Remember when female characters weren't repulsive?

tumblr artists never practice how to actually draw appealing faces.

Yeah, it was sooo sexist and degrading.

>advance wars
>original
underage

i'm actually pretty excited for this