The first one was a mess

The first one was a mess.
How could the Second one be better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4Aw6SlSi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Me on that left. You see that skull on the left? That's me.

Oh my god, what a coincidence! I'm the little guy next to your mouth!

But I liked the first one.

why are you screaming

lmao, legit subhuman.

This. OP is just a faggot casual who couldn't beat the game and/or died a lot.

Trailer is pure kino. Potential GOTY.

Too much semen.

This.
It was pretty solid for a modern survival horror. At least it had actual gameplay and wasn't a hide and seek simulator.

The first one was only a mess from a technical perspective with shit performance etc. It was one of the better games of the last few years.

Personally, I would like to see it go more the style of the Resident Evil Mansion and have zones that are revisited. The traps were great and I'd like to see environments that encourage more of that kind of danger and gameplay. From the steam page description it sounds like I may get my wish.

You DO realize that the white stuff in the trailer is completely symbolic, right? It's supposed to represent the serious racism problems and the white uprising in america.

by they actually learning and improving? i'm not 100% hype for TEW2, but Mikami is not an idiot. it's going to be better for sure, or atleast more well balanced and less of a mess

Looks fine to me

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4Aw6SlSi8

Same. It was action horror but it had a stiff enough challenge to it that it felt a little rooted in survival horror tradition as well. I do think it had some shitty parts but I enjoyed the vast majority of the game and its DLC.

the game was shit and ez

How fucking transparent can you be?

Prove the game was hard.

Easy. You couldn't beat it. Nice leddit spacing, faggot.

I did beat it you bipolar mess

I liked the first game. The upgrade system was not necessary at all, the whole last part of the game (the city levels) basically pissed on all horror elements and the story was more of a thriller+psychology mashup rather than something horror. The DLCs with the chick were good IMO and the first village/island part of the game truly reminded me why I liked Mikami. The trap additions scattered around the environment were a fresh breath in my book and aprox 3/4 parts of the game had a foreboding, tense and chilling atmosphere. The Nemesis ripoff was also something I did not like at all and by the love of God, never put any scene or gameplay portion in a horror game during fucking day time. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Meanwhile I am truly hyped for the 2nd one. Only game without exaggeration that I give a shit about from this whole anti white E3 shitfest. At least so far.

Sure you did.

>the whole last part of the game (the city levels) basically pissed on all horror elements

I thought chapters 13 and 14 were fine. 11, 12, and 15 were pretty dodgy though.

You sure showed him nigger

But I liked the first one, why are you even bothering to make this thread if you didn't like the first one?

It just seemed like Mikami missed the mark with the first game. Hope it improves.

Yup.

I hate to be that guy but you know that thread that was spammed multiple times saying "the black goo of unoriginality", well in this case it's just white instead of black

The potential was there, you could see it from a mile away. It hit the mark in many aspects and during many portions of the game, if not in the majority of them. I truly believe it will improve and I blame it on two things: his lack of recently works done by him how he likes it - with its signature traits and maybe some fear of not implementing modern trends due to financial losses (which is normal, at the end of the day he has to bring food on his family's table).

Normally something like this would be the one game I'd be excited for at E3 but the whole YOUR DAUGHTER IS STILL ALIVE YOU CAN STILL SAVE HER at the beginning honestly turned me off so much that I don't even plan on playing this game.

>faggot casual who couldn't beat the game

But, the game was for casuals and had COD level difficulty

>well in this case it's just white instead of black

hes...hes right

Never got the hate for this game, the gameplay was solid and had alot of replayability.

The trailer felt way too much like a western dev team trying to make a trailer with that janky Japanese weirdness and failing at it completely.

Loved the first game, this and Wolfenstein 2 have me hyped as hell.

Also this probably has the best look cover art I've seen since MGS2.

patrician

Evil Within seems like a love it or hate it game. I've never seen "it's ok" opinions about it. Personally I liked it a lot once I got past it's performance issues and trial and error shit.

It's a frustrating game, but if you slog on it grows on you. Chapter 10 is a shit though.

>An Evil Within that's not cross-gen and NOT IDtech5.

Sounds good to me lads.

10's one of the best, man. It's 12 that's universally considered to be awful.

>you will never be drenched in that much cum
Why live

This user raises a fair point even if the only reason I played TEW on release was because it was on PS3.

>you will never take fresh cum baths everyday and kill the men/boys who can't produce enough

Shit was pretty cool , but holy shit the optimization on the pc was a total fuckin mess

The first one was fantastic.
Only the final boss was shit.

It's the difficulty spike for 10 that's an issue. I made it all the way to Amalgam alpha, but poor ammo management made me have to start the chapter over, wasn't willing to and ended up using PC cheats to beat him.

Just give me a little more ammo please.

I have a fully upgraded techno-crossbow that can burn enemies alive but no bolts for the damn thing.

If it takes some cues from the DLCs since those were legitimately good.

Was it the boss with the qte bullshit and I drop nukes on the final boss?

Boss was meh but the game overall was pretty chill

I think it's ok. I love it, but I think the game is really unpolished. The DLCs were god-tier though.

literally git gud
the fucking crossbow is the weapon with the most ammo in the game. it basically has unlimited ammo, that thing was broken as fuck.

did you bother disarming traps?

Manage your ammo better. Abuse stealth kills and horde shit.

I hope the trailer indicates that they'll have more fun with the surreal otherworldly aspects of the nightmare.

Especially now that we know it's all a machine-induced delusion from the start.

Eh, I wasn't a fan of its attempts at straight action. As many comparisons as this draws to RE4, that game handles balls to the wall action FAR better than TEW does. Mechanically speaking, TEW feels more balanced to be closer to a horror experience, Sebastian is no Leon Kennedy and your inventory is no attache case. I adore the game when it takes it slower or allows the player to approach a situation on their own terms but when the game drops you in the middle of a wave of enemies and goes full "objective: survive" I think it falls apart.

>How could the Second one be better?
More Cum obviously.

First one was amazing best tps out there, but maybe add more Lisa like sections and arena type areas.

The first one was a mess.
How could the Second one be better?

Is it still by Shinji Mikami? I remember the DLCs were handled by someone else at Bethesda with Mikami barely having any input at all, and somehow they actually managed to make sense of the story while adding some new features.

I think The Evil Within gets a ton of hate for a couple of reasons.

A. It had misleading marketing.
B. It has a fair share of jank and performance issues.
C. It wasn't pure horror but it wasn't quite RE4-2 either.

A ton of people went in with the wrong expectations for TEW. It was marketed as a "return to survival horror", but also "A game from that guy who made RE4!" so it left people feeling duped on several ends.

TEW takes a lot of ideas from other things, but it is very much its own thing, it's almost deceptive in that way. Sadly Bethesda doesn't seem to have learned from their marketing mistakes.

Yeah, I usually have a huge surplus at the end of these types of games because I scrounge every corner. But after some screw-ups with a few bosses I was basically stuck in the final city section without a way to proceed.

Aside from those bullet sponge plant guys around the middle of the game the first one was fantastic.

well put

The game is very trial and errorish. Resource mismanagement can have you starting over again.

>The first one was a mess.

Me too, I even liked the story. I won't pretend the game was a 10/10 masterpiece, but I literally think most people gave up on it near the beginning because it was too hard or something, and just parrot all the big-name reviewers when it comes to the story.

I just don't get how this game could have confused anybody story-wise but you seriously hear that a lot.

>A. It had misleading marketing.
I do remember the trailers and commercials made it seem like the game was about being a detective trapped in some madhouse asylum. Then it turns out that's just the prologue.

I just want that stamina limit gone.

Well, the story desu wasn't that great. The real draw of the game for me was the enemies. TEW had some of the best bosses in a horror game. The Keeper and Reborn Laura for example.

Nah it's semen.

I judged the game by the footage I saw and not the marketing spiel, which is funny because the pre-release gameplay footage was refreshingly honest. I'm surprised I didn't see more shit thrown its way for perceived visual blemishes and technical jank because that shit wasn't bullshotted in the months leading up to release. The initial reveal? Sure, it was billed as a return to survival horror by Mikami, but the footage indeed showed something much closer to a more horror-oriented RE4.

Maybe they've learned the lessons from the failure of the first.

Haha who the fuck am I kidding, it's Bethesda, they'll double down on everything that made the first game terrible.

This. The first one was the most underrated game in the last 5 years.

Tango Gameworks, actually. Bethesda simply published it.

>Dishonored 1 was okay/good but, had its problems
>Dishonored2 seemed to come and go like a fart in the wind.

I hope you're wrong

The first one was great, specially at the beginning but it failed to escalate. It ended being quite meh but I stilled enjoyed it. I really like the hospital where you save and upgrade, it always felt so unsafe.

Was Dishonored 2 good? It looked better than the first game but I couldn't be bothered to spend money on it.

I'm gonna shoot up a school if it ends up being a scripted first person jumpscare VR fest like nu-resident evil seven.

They already showed gameplay and it looks like TEW1 but more polished.

I'll give you that one, that is fully decent cover art.

Resident Evil 7 was a legitimately great survival horror game with everything you'd want from the genre aside from the camera perspective and the overly likable and talkative villains.

Im in the same boat as you.
The graphics looked better but, thats about it.

Isn't it obvious? They added milk swimming sequnces.

Post your favorite
>Chapter
>Enemy
>Boss
>Area
>Weapon
Love the chapter 10, Octopus heads, Sewers Boss, Gas chamber and the oh so satisfying Shotgun.

>everything you'd want
>scripted scenes
>laughable combat
>only 3 enemies not counting "bosses"
>jumpscares
>meme dialog
lmao

It's no more scripted than fucking RE2 and the combat is a 100% improvement over the original series. Take off your goggles.

Not having idtech 5 would be a good start.

-Less frustrating insta-deaths
-Stop putting parts of this game on a timer
-Open up the combat a bit more, and give lots more variety to the enemies
-If this game absolutely needs crafting, more devices with special powers and neat effects
-Make the melee attack far more powerful, but balance it out with a huge window to get hit
-Explain what the fuck is going on in the main game and not the DLC
-Actually playtest your game so that Akumu doesn't have nearly impossible RNG bullshit sections
-Make the boss fight mechanics more clear. Sometimes they depend on specific sequences, other times they just want you to shoot the bosses, other times you need to run. It's almost never clear which they expect without trial & error.
-Please no fucking water section this time
-When I played at launch the loading times and framerates were excruciating on console, so having those be better would be a huge improvement.

TEW was a really cool game, but frustrating in so many ways. If the sequel improves on those aspects, it could be something really special.

I have no idea, the first one was good and scary for 3 chapters until it became a pure action game.
I couldn't play past the daylight part with the arrows because it felt like a generic TPS, so I had to watch my cousin finish it. Biggest disappointment of this decade for me.

Oh ok, so you're retarded

I hope this sequel will be the Silent Hill 2 to the first game's Silent Hill 1.

>tfw the trailer will be better than the game itself

- Don't put stealth in your game when the stealth mechanics are extremely unreliable
- Don't put one-hit kills in your game when your character doesn't have Devil May Cry level doge moves to cope with them
- Don't put melee in your game when it deals literally no damage
- Don't put puzzles in your game if an NPC is going to solve them for you
- Don't put a story in your game that amounts "wacky shit happens lol"
- Don't make DLC for your game that's just two extremely long stealth sections using the worst stealth mechanics ever

It looks like it's using an engine that doesn't look like shit, and lacks black bars. Those are instant preorder improvements from the original.

Judging by this thread, I'm surprised to find so many people complaining about the stealth. The mechanics are meh but I thought the stealth was just straightforward and borderline similar to stuff like Metal Gear. I'm not even one of those "git gud" gamers so it's not like I can brag about being a pro at it. I don't know, maybe I was just autistic enough to try and stealth everything in the game.

its because of shitters like you games suck these days

Btfo

Go to summer school kid.

>The faggots who quit and call the game shit because they used up all their ammo and couldn't get past the barn area with the chainsaw guy.

Those kinds of people make up half of the criticism for the game.

This. I would pay to see Mikami's face when he played RE7.

The stealth is shit because it's extremely unreliable and the game was clearly designed without it and it got shoehorned in late in the project when Last of Us became a hit.

The best way to demonstrate how shit the stealth is is the game's own stealth tutorial. 90% of the time the first guy you're supposed to sneak upon notices you even though he's clearly facing away from you. If they can't do even the tutorial right, imagine how bad the rest of the game is.