Pirate game

Opinions? I thought this looked pretty good.

the kraken was the only good thing

>Multiplayer
>Can't actually play as a pirate, just as the ship

>You are stuck on the boat forever, can't explore islands or board other ships
>Focused on tactical multiplayer
nah

Looked like shit, just like most multiplayer focused games do.

The Division/For Honor 2.0

I loved naval combat from AC4 so I'm excited. woulda preferred a single player game with a legendary campaign of adventure on the high seas, but whatev

Sauce on dat font pls user?

>"pirate" game
>its just a PvP naval battle game with no actual piracy
gay

Pirate game? nic
>by ubi soft
T R A S H

No ground combat, and collecting treasure is just moving your ship over it. It seems really simplistic and I figured they would have expanded upon Black Flag, not strip it down.

>e3 2017
>a gorillion pirate games

what the fuck

pirate fags get out. The cartoony one looked better. This one looks like a really bland vehicle game. The gameplay felt like you just control the boat and don't actual control individuals. You just get to aim down the sights of a canon that makes it looks like you control the canoneer.

multiplayer only?? oh whaaaat?

Damn. I actually liked it (exactly the same feelings as user above mentioned AC... black flag was it?).

Welp into the thrash it goes if no epic single player.

compare this and sea of thieves and you'll see that while this is obviously more pleasing to the eye it offers nothing in terms of gameplay. If you want to experience this game just play black flag again, it's that simple.

Ultimately this game is the game that ruined Ubisofts show. It made you aware that this is ubisoft and any optimism from before or after needs to be looked at with skepticism.

An other pirate game where you shoot other ships. Now with open world survival elements.

Dead on arrival. Sorry.

t. casual brainlet who isn't capable of real competition

Nope.

Is it ships only? No on board combat?

>a gorillion pirate games
In other words, two.

>5v5 pirate esports game

>alright guys we need ideas for a new game
>well rainbow six siege and ac4 were successful

You can press 'Board' and get a cutscene

Yes, ever since Black Flag i was waiting for this.

It's literally World of Warships with pirates, although I'd love to play WoWS with the kind of perspective that you have in Skull&Bones.

It's Dreadnought with pirates.Don't give 3 shits about it.

I want a real pirate game with a simulated crew, skills, trading, pirating, settlement capturing, industry running etc.

>its an Ubisoft makes another soon to be dead multiplayer game with the Division and For Honor instead of supporting their only game with an active player base R6 siege episode

I was finally excited about having a pirate game that wasn't Sea of Thieves, only to find out its a 5v5 ship battle game. I was even willing to give Ubisoft a chance, but apparently Siege was an accident.

They literally just took black flag and removed content to make it a MP game

Its absolute day 1 garbage

Assassins Creed Black Flag was the only AC I genuinely enjoyed, so this looked like a very similar, more polished and leveled up version, minus the jumping off the ship and exploring thing.

As an Pirate-Ship simulator, this will probably make enthusiasts were happy. Kraken+

is there going to be single player?
if it's another for honor scenario then I'll just stick to black flag and rogue, ship fight is cool but it can only do so much, I want to stretch my sea legs on dry land like black flag and rogue

They're going to find a way to fuck it up, definitely.

so is this just a multiplayer version of Black Flag?

I'm going to be king of the pirates

its a naval combat pvp game
i was hoping for an actual pirate game

>sail over loot area to collect
>boarding is a cutscene
literally what is the point

>multiplayer only
>pvp
>no swashbuckling

Sea of Thieves looked better

Probably, but them not introducing the she-pirate despite themselves (and the way the presentation was so pandering otherwise) makes it seem like it'll lack any depth with the emphasis riding multi.

The boarding scene being only a cutscene gives the impression you may never get off the boat at all beyond maybe a hub situation.

Lack of boarding action is pretty shitty. Hopefully it's not all multiplayer either. But it seems they realized why Black Flag was a standout amongst AC games and decided to remove the fluff. Worth keeping an eye on.

Its Rock Paper Scissors moba garbage with boats, its community will flatline faster than For Honor.

I'm only just catching up with the conference. Is it really multiplayer only? What's the fucking point? The appeal of being a pirate isn't ship battles (at least I think so), it's the adventure and freedom to go around seeking fortune, fame and what-have-you in treasure hunts, trade, alliances, etc. I was really hoping for a combination of Sid Meier's Pirates with the interactivity and nore detailed gameplay of Black Flags.

it looks like they removed half the game and resold it to me at full price!

you can just buy black flag ffs

Are you fucking kidding

Sea of Thieves is better

this is a huge missed opportunity

each player captains there own ship?

It's the crew aspect that draws me to pirate ships.

I wanted Pirates! with Black Fag's mechanics.

The fact that it's some multiplayer pirate simulator but not an MMO means it's totally dead on arrival. If all it is is ship battles without any swashbuckling at all I could not give less of a fuck.

>Pre-order now to get exclusive access to the Legendary ships The Jackdaw and The Morrigan from Assassin's Creed® 4:Black Flag and Assassin's Creed® Rogue.

>and decided to remove the fluff.
While forgetting to add anything to fill in the massive gap it seems.

Real fuckin' shame, because I've been wanting something set in the actual Indies in that time period. The Great Game going on in India and the middle east, China fucking itself up to the east, James Brooke blowing up Islamic pirates and generally acting like a madman.

>boarding is now just a 5 second cutscene
IM FUCKING FURIOUS

>that ram
What the fuck is this anime shit

>boarding is a cutscene instead of actual combat gameplay
DROPPED

>Stuns enemy ships
How the fuck does that even work?

Work for Ubi. Let me shed some light.

>Ass creed syndicate gets bad response as did unity
>Ubisoft take a year off from asscreed (not really cause we released a phone game and a film)
>Last years game was meant to be another pirate game
>Origins literally hasn't changed or benefitted much because it didn't truly have a year off as it was always going to release this year
>Refit pirates creed into skull& bones
>Notice the effect in the gameplay when setting sails, it's literally the focus on target effect from assassins creed
>All of the crew animations are recycled
>Notice anything about the first mate?
>Literally Adewale, same voice actor and everything
>The game is so far from completion that they didn't have time to make the game it's own and ubi bosses wanted some surprises for E3 this year
>Ubi are trying to shake their bad image and now want to be "for the people"
>Hence BGE2
>Still pulling same old tricks behind closed doors though, don't let E3 fool you
>Still same old Ubijew

My salary is good though

>no single player
>can't walk around

>mfw the fictional abstergo entertainment has better game ideas than ubisoft by making a pirate game with naval combat and be able to walk around

>rams into ship
>the ram is in perfect shape since its pure iron or wood in iron colored pain but it compresses into your own ship

ah yes truly a tactical double edged sword

FAKE NEWS

will there be single player? and can you walk around like black flag and rogue?

>Still same old Ubijew
I'd like to think no-one around here doubts that is probably naive.

Did they pull off some naval multi in blackfalgs to make that stand alone game?

That new microshaft pirate game looks better. What was it called?

So far, no. Purely multiplayer pvp shitl and disappointing even in that regard since there's no swashbuckling.

Seems legit.

Anyway, why do you think Ubi has gone down the shitter so much recently? Black Flag was a good game but they've been releasing ENDLESS TRASH ever since.

sea of thieves
I wish it was third person and not fps

Sea of Thieves aka No Man's Sky - Pirate Edition

Sea of thieves looks like more fun honestly

Well, this looks like shit.
Time to replay Corsairs and Sid Meier's Pirates!

Looks completely inferior to Blackwake desu.

this.
And the pirate hunters suck.
Prolly DOA.

Looks like garbage. There's loads of other multiplayer pirate games that are cheaper and are more than just ship vs. ship combat. Also, I fully expect it to be broken like For Honor was.

Sea of Thieves.

>Play as the ship instead of the pirate
>Boarding is a scripted sequence
>Cannonballs/battering rams make enemy ships explode
>NPC ships die in 1 hit
>No map to explore, literally just world of tanks
0/10 apply yourself

>not wanting to be the king of pirates

I'll play along

who's making the soundtrack? is it the same dude from 4?
give name if you know who it is,please

>Take AC4
>strip out anything having to do with on foot gameplay
>make it multi-player
>sell for 60 bucks

DOA