>flood

This is as bad as 343i shoehorning Buck and Arbiter into Halo 5

Here's your reply

Why wasn't this shown yesterday?

>playing RTS
>on a console

It's made for console originaly.

fucking this, Microsoft needed to show off more first party projects

I guess there are far more retards there.

It says windows 10 in the trailer, stop shitposting

You can play it on PC though; It's just locked behind Windows' shitty storefront.

Seriously it's amazing how little people know Halo 5: Forge and HW2 are available on PC because the Store has left ZERO footprints in the everyday user's mind.

Totally expecting Floods in Halo 6 now.

>That new leader
>First tier teleport
>Second tier damage/speed buff whenever you use a leader power near your units
>Teleporting locusts behind your opponents base at 5-6 minutes with a damage buff on top

What are you talking about? Microsoft pulls fan service bullshit like this all the time. If they bring the flood back, that would be a huge slap in the face to the original trilogy and chief's efforts.

>Play as a banished!
Great, because I give a shit about them

Aren't the two also exlusive to W10?

>Not included in the season pass
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Very unlikely
Cortana control the guardiands and has the forerunners with her.

Looks good, it's a shame about the lack of a playable Flood leader though.

So what, the flood fucked their shit before, they can do it again.

Greedy cunts. The game only sold a quarter million copies and they are going to release an expansion costing 20 bucks half a year later.

>do stuff fans dislike
>wahh 343 can't do anything right
>do stuff fans like
>wahh this is just shitty fanservice
You faggots will never be satisfied.

>smaller maps
>unit pop limits because muh super powerful console can't handle more than 200 toy soldiers on screen at once
>only eight buttons
>"ALL UNITS." "LOCAL UNITS." "ALL UNITS."
>simplified resource and research systems

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

I mean, you could make a fighting game for the mouse and keyboard or a racing game for mouse and keyboard, but that doesn't mean it is somehow superior to other control hardware simply because that's your preferred one.

RTS games benefit from a keyboard layout and the more powerful hardware of PC's. End of story. Now, if Xbones came with a keyboard and Halo Wars was designed with that in mind, I think I'd have far fewer arguments to make here, but everything wrong with Halo Wars can be simply described as "it was made for a controller with only eight buttons."

Microsoft has always been full retard when it came to Halo games. They don't realize that exclusivity only trains people to ignore certain franchises and companies. If you're a sonybro, and you have a Win7, you're not going to rush out and buy Halo Wars 1 - even though it's on Win7 and available on Steam right now.

I myself originally believed that Halo Wars 1 was only going to be for Win10, and was going to pass it over entirely, but lo and behold Microsoft did something smart for once. But the damage has been done. Most people have long since become cynical and distrustful of the entire system.

This is what artificial monopolies do. They interfere with competition and damage consumer interest. I mean, if Microsoft came out with Windows 11, would you want to upgrade to it? Is anyone really interested in Xbox One X?

it controls fine homo

halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare
>Q: How did the Flood manage to get to the Ark?

A: During the events of Halo 3, the Flood took control of High Charity, the planet-sized satellite and capital city of the Covenant. The Flood crashed High Charity on the Ark in an effort to thwart its ability to fire – and rebuild – the Halo rings. While most of the Flood threat was destroyed in the crash of High Charity and in the explosive end of Halo 3, even the smallest remaining spore of Flood can take over the galaxy, given enough time.

Maybe do it right instead of looking like absolute incompetent and desperate retards. Anyone who defends 343i after their many, many failures is a deluded faggot

>halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare
>A: No. The Flood are an AI-controlled adversary in Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare and will not be a playable faction.

Flood playable when

The quality of the input/output of the controller isn't the problem, it's the simplicity which only having eight buttons brings.

Halo Wars 1 was designed with absolutely no hotkeys, no drag selection, no 'double click on one unit to select all units of that type', no control groups, and a circle wheel for all building construction, unit recruitment, and research.

It was LIMITED due to the Xbox controller, not improved.

And, since you do want to talk about the QUALITY of Xbox controllers, why don't we talk about how console controllers are so fucking bad that FPS games need to have built in autoaim to correct for the sloppy aiming. Utterly unthinkable on a mouse and keyboard.

Face it, fanboy. Console gaming is only a step above mobile gaming. Just dumbing down the whole vidya industry until it's nothing but plug and play crap.

It's Creative Assembly for Halo Wars 2 not 343i.

They will never do it. I don't care how easy it for the Flood to come back. They already got backlash for senseless fan pandering in Halo 5. Pulling something as big as the flood returning would only show that they aren't confident in their own original concepts like Prometheans.

343i has creative control. Creative assembly are just codemonkeys

HOLY SHIT I STILL DON'T CARE!!

Halo 6
>Master Chief
>Flood
>Sharqoui
>Banished
>Covenant
>Prometheans
>Blue Team
>Halsey
>simple story
>split screen
>everything from Halo 5 mp including Forge at launch

HOLY SHIT! Is Halo 6 the chosen Halo game?

Then why bother posting at all? Are you just an attention whore?

>season pass doesn't include all the dlc

Why the FUCK is this allowed?

I dunno if you really want playable Flood. I mean, it'd be interesting, but due to their parasitic requirements, it sort of becomes a bit difficult to implement in an RTS.

It was tried before in an Xbox exclusive Aliens vs Predators game, and what that basically boiled down to was that the aliens would go around throwing facehuggers on random livestock and Marines and Predators would just basically kill the environmental NPCs on sight.

Flood are best left as an NPC faction. Or, possibly, as a sort of special race for a nonstandard game mode. Like let's say you only have three or five players in your lobby. Switch it on over to 'Flood Defense', and it becomes a 4v4 match with a player controlled Flood that's supposed to wipe out everyone.

Halo fans are the equivalent of Metroid fans.

twitter.com/PlutonForEver/status/874046361133490176
It will have LAN support as well.

MUH DICK!

Never felt so compelled at not buying something

>people care about nuHalo

The mental gymnastics of the Halo community are really something else

Be nice. Some kids had Halo 4 as their introduction to the franchise.

Leak was almost real hmm

It's getting better.

youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg

>Halo will never be like this again

like what

youtube.com/watch?v=40jdpzrpIps

Military science fiction rather than generic sci-fi schlock.

This is why I cry at night

AVP: Extinction was the game, and the Aliens were actually incredibly fun to play as. My personal favorite faction. If they can make that work as well as it did, I see no reason why the Flood can't work.

You guys actually love this Game, You guys just mad that There isn't a PC Port for this Game

Wasn't this game dead on arrival?

But there is, stop shitposting

That's because windows 10 is fucking trash.

For me I really don't give a fuck about this game, I'm just happy over the implications of what it means for Halo 6.

I'm not a Shitposter, You PCFag

>It was tried before in an Xbox exclusive Aliens vs Predators game
And if not for the fact that that game had no skirmish mode it would have been an amazing RTS, gameplay had nothing to do with its problems.

If it had been on PC and if there had been larger maps with skirmish modes and bots people would still be playing it today.

>literally deathball and use your commander power on the enemy deathball the game

game is trash

wHAT

I begg you pardon?

A slightly lore breaking way of producing Flood is better than not making them playable at all. They could have just had corpse piles or giant pods or something as a replacement for barracks. They don't need to snub fun gameplay over lore when they're already retconning shit to make this expansions canon.

the limited nature of the controls in the game makes the combat tend towards "get as many units as possible into a blob and set it loose on the enemy's blob and hope you end up winning".

This is the hard truth about wars but everyone likes to pretend it isn't true.

Gravemind: "defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence he never deserved."

The Flood were returning anyway.