Spider-Man

Alright lads, we'll be seeing it soon, what do we want to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DTCAmBUt1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fun awesome fluid gameplay and a great sense of scale

2bh I wish sucker punch was making it. insomniac is a pretty dull developer imho

>casual swinging mode and advanced swinging mode
>no moonswinging
>web of shadows combat but more refined, webs, acrobatics, air wall ground fights
>good boss fights like ultimate
>city that isn't a bunch of blocks and 2 car models
>random events happen post game as well
>different suits that aren't dlc
>charge jump not this double jump bullshit
>stealth missions that aren't just knock offs of predator challenges
>good character roster
>sacrifice some pixels to make it 60fps on the pro

What did I miss

No moon swinging.
No Batman combat.
Light on the "press X to awesome" shit.

I know, I have ridiculous demands.

Tie certain constumes to certain challenges

>complete all stealth challenges without being detected to unlock black suit
Etc

>complete all johnny storm races to unlock iron spider

And make the suits have actual attributes like the ps1 Spider-Man.

more like what will we get?

>moonswinging
>quicktime events
>bamham combat

just you wait

>Charge jump
YES BRING IT BACK

>Light on the "press X to awesome" shit.
that scene in the trailer where he runs through the diner is p much going to be X to do all that. I still have hope itll be kept to a minimum tho

how fucking fun was it travelling around the city with nothing but jumps? leaping over small buildings was the fucking tits and now we have a spiderman that cant jump more than lebron for some reason.

Neglected as fuck aspect

No moonswinging and thwip sounds coming from the controller speaker.

I would like to see characters like Spider-Gwen as a bonus with their own missions and shit, I love stuff like that. This game has to be a definitive Spider-Man experience in every aspect.

I just need the swinging mechanics to be cool. Not like AC parkour.

hopefully it's half as good as web of shadows

as long as they didn't suddenly make nigger mj

>launch web
>fly into enemy
>stomp on them to gain air
>launch web to new enemy
>pullthem in for a punch
>launch off them and into an enemy on the wall

spidermans combat is so versatile and that was the only game to ever actually take advantage of his speed and webs.

>how to fix combat
make bullets super lethal. This alone will necessitate the use of acrobatics and webs. It will pretty much rule out bam ham brawling as well its win win

New villains to fight

I'm sick of Shocker and Rhino bosses

Spot as villain, hopefully.

>he doesnt want to let rhino charge at him then dodge as he hits wall and loses health

christ i can already taste the rhino mission

Tough shit you're going to stand in front of walls and wait for Rhino to ram into them again and like it.

a fight with him in some weird portal dimension where you fall into holes and come out of a random one in the level would be neat, sort of like a trippy mysterio boss fight

I like the bottom because his mask hasn't conveniently fallen off and everyone on the boat wont see his face but it wont be a big deal.

I want to see him be black. The shitposting would be amazing

>make bullets super lethal
Spidey is no Wolverine but he can take a bullet just fine.

not to the head, so snipers should be deadly.
not sure if I want slomo spider sense like spidey 2 but auto dodge spidersense is kinda too casual

>rhino mission
>they've done this multiple times before
>both tired of each other's shit
>rhino's learned not to charge at spider-man
>instead you have to save people and objects from his path

amazing websinging, good combat and costume variety

Where does Web of Shadows fall into this?

very limited slo mo spidersense stuff, just make it so stationary combat gets you killed quick is all.

>chasing rhino through the city
>pulling people out of the way
>catching cars in mid air with your webs
not bad

wow that looks bad

does anyone still have that twitter screenshot that implies the devs follow one of the physics programmers from spidey 2? it might have been bullshit, but i find it funny to believe they would contact the spidey 2 team to get it right.

A city that isn't bland as fuck with the same 5 copy-pasted "random" crime events would be nice.

asm2 swinging, it sometimes did and sometimes didnt, if you dont look at the web and trace it it feels like its on a building like asm2 but actually looking at it will ruin the experience. It did the fake building web better than asm2 though

asm2 style
there's moonswinging but it tries to fool you. it's not bad, it's actually a pretty decent middle ground and it feels fine for the most part

>play asm
>same carjacking cutscene
>same car
>same goons
one fucking car jacking repeated a million times. it was a fucking travesty

Nothing wrong with spacing missions by having the player do some races/crimes before the next one but fuck me youve gotta ensure its not the same goddamn mission over and over

>clever tricks with 2 weblines
the only one i can think of is the slingshot foward or backwards by charging a jump while holding 2 webs. were there more?

It's worse in ASM2 since you get punished for not stopping the crimes.

turning quickly around should take 2 webs
WoS has a neat slingshot straight up thing when you tap the swing button while not moving

>dont feel like stopping the same car chase for the 15th time in 20 mins
>fuck you the entire city is out to get you now

i was so disappointed in asm i pirated 2, went near the water and tried to swing. Swung around as if i was enclosed by buildings, uninstalled and never gave it a second chance

I'm expecting EXTREMEMLY scripted swinging mechanics

WEBS THAT HAVE SLACK/TENSION
spidey 2 is great and all, but playing it for like 13 years makes me mad it still hasnt been improved on. if you reach the top of a loop in spidey 2 with low momentum, the web stays a solid line and you fall in an arc with the web as your radius. i want to see the web lose its tension and watch spidey fall straight down it would be even better if when you hit the bottom, it can spring you back up

also, distillers, or brody dalle since they broke up, in the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=7DTCAmBUt1w

Just make this again with the Vulture or whoever instead of Doc Ock.

if you want me to get really crazy hopeful, a halo 3 class theater mode so you can get different angles of all your tricks. a small level editor would be noce to make races or obstacle courses.

I want Bruce Campbell to present it and have banter with his in-game narration voice.

>just make it so stationary combat gets you killed quick is all.

I really want that. We need cool movement abilities and a reason to use them while fighting. If we're styling all over the city and going regular joe fisticuffs with thugs it would be so disappointing.

So who here is going to make the perfect Spiderman game after this one fails to deliver?

amen. it doesnt even make sense, picking up a car but then trading blows with a thug like youre ordinary batman

i've been fiddling with javascript and my dream of making a swing based movement game got pushed back like 20 years. if it took me hours to code a 20 questions game, expect "momentum man" to come out before haileys comet

The Mesmerizing Momentum Man vs. the evil scientist Mister Hexagon and the flying Orange Orc.

The only time I remember him picking up a car in the games is when you get the black suit in web of shadows. Couldn't do it with the normal suit. Peter also holds back from his full potential.

I'm looking forward to it.

Spider-Gwen DLC

The Distillers cover of the Spider-Man theme was such a treat after kicking Doc Ock's ass.