Dragon Ball FighterZ

>Fighting genre with high speed gameplay in 3v3 tag/assist format featuring long-time beloved super powered characters from a globally known franchise brand

What do you mean this is not a Marvel vs Capcom game?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/gk5mdg
youtu.be/Gn3ooFb0RTk?t=746
youtu.be/BAKSgWQ6AeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is like a better version of the handheld dbz games. fuck the ds version though made me break my ds

>Best game out of E3 so far is a licensed game

And it's japanese, while the western games are mostly shit.

>Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan

Did they run out of ways to make "Super Saiyan" sound OP?

Is there a confirmation that beams can clash in this game?

It's so fucking retarded.

>not Saiyan God and Super Saiyan God

They should use a variation of Injustice's normally-awful Wager mechanic for that. It would actually work there.

Because the tag team concept in a fighting game is older than M vs C you fucking underaged faggot.

Kill yourself

reminder
never give capcbros your money

Yeah, it dates back to X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

FROM CAPCOM.

It's been retconned, it's just "Super Saiyan Blue" now

>retconned
That's not a retcon you dumbfuck, they only changed the name.

that's not what a retcon is

one of the characters just said it was a pain to say super saiyan god super saiyan so nicknamed it blue

It genuinely looks fucking gorgeous.

Why can't ever 2.5D game take the Xrd approach? This is what 2.5D fighting games should look like.

SNK needs to outsource KoF XV to ASW.

It's still older than that you fucking idiot

>m-muh correct fan terminology!

They retroactively changed something previously stated for convenience's sake. It's a retcon

That look is really hard to pull though. ASW said the effort ends up being the same as doing sprites, or even more.

I hope they add a Ratio system. I want to to play a buff as fuck solo character who can take on the opponent's team of three.

But isn't the change on-screen and actually well-explained?

They didn't changed shit with the rename, the only retcon was the Vegetto fusion lasting for an hour and not permanent.

Yeah

To justify in-writing a retcon

Because that's what a retcon

Retroactive changes to canon

PLAYABLE LAUNCH
PLEASE

>they didn't change shit
They did: they retconned the name to something more natural sounding, that's it

Retcons don't have to be massive, unexplained changes to canon. SSGSS has been dropped in usage both out and in universe because it was an absolutely stupid name, and thus, it was retcon.

In manga it was called SSGSS at first, then changed to Blue, granted które warto a bit of a joke and a jab on the long name.
In the anime Blue was the only proper name given to it IIRC.
It was first called SSGSS in promotional material for movie and is still used in games.

If you consider the anime as primary canon and since it overwrote the movie, I suppose it is technically correct to call this a retcon.

Anyone who wants playable Arale must be gassed.

The King of Fighters series was the first fighting game to have a tag system, the first game in the series being released in 1994, 2 years before X-Men vs Street Fighter

Even that's not a recon. The last time they fused to Vegito and fight Buu, they split for an unknown reason. The fans simply assumed it was because they were absorbed by Buu.

Why?

>small roster
>no transformation
It's good but not great

He never watched Dr Slump.

Team =/= Tag
Tag implies the characters switch constantly, which KoF usually doesn't do.

Arale is annoying ugly little shit.

BUdokai babies need to kill themselves

Golden Freeza is a transformation.

Ok user, I'll main her just for you

There is transformation, it costs 3 bars to activate.

So what do mature DBZ fighting game enthusiasts play? DBZ isn't known for competent fighting games. At least Budokai 3 was pretty good on its own.

Golden Freeza
SS3 Goku

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku with Kaioken transformation where?

STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT THIS DRAGON BALL CRAP! TALK MORE ABOUT MARVEL! LOOK, THEY HAVE MEGAMAN X! AND THE MOBILE PHONE GRAPHICS HELP THE GAME RUN BETTER ACROSS DIFFERENT PLATFORMS.....BUY MY GAME! IT'S LITERALLY....INFINITE! START TALKING ABOUT MARVEL INFITINE NOW, OR I WILL REPORT THIS FUCKING THREAD!

Arc Systems do what Capcan't

Nothing because this is the first actual DBZ fighting game in a long while

The Budokai series was, is, and still will be shallow trash only reedemable by it's fan-service roster

THANK YOU!!

There is a reason no DB game has ever shown up at fighting game tournaments thus far.

Probably only Goku with God's gi with SSB transformation IF they even add it. Maybe Kaioken SSB has a special attack.

I'm pretty sure Goku turning SS3 is just part of his 3 bar(?) super where he does a Super Kamehameha.

First DB game I plan to buy since Tenkaichi 3.

They have been terrible over the years.

Probably going to be an alternate skin for Goku.
Goku is SS by default in this game and has SS3 for in match transformation, so i would make sense to have an alternate that starts at SSG and turns blue during the match.

the game has auto-combos

Sauce?

That guy looked more excited about this game than Marvel, though.

>Hating on in-battle transformations of all things

Kill yourself, my man.

Super DBZ had a very light presence but no one really played it that much. It probably could have stuck around with a larger audience.

No, it doesn't.

Doubt it otherwise they would do sprites.

poal.me/gk5mdg
poal.me/gk5mdg
poal.me/gk5mdg

remember you can add your own answers

You thinking of MvCI son?

It actually seemed like it, but at least Freeza is confirmed to have an actual transformation. I wonder if fusions will be separate characters or having 2 characters from your rooster doing it.

Even if you're saying the truth, just like every other fighting game with auto combos they'll be completely irrelevant.

Just imagine being on the MvCI team and seeing DBZF for the first time.

Auto-combos are a "stylish" option in guilty gear and blazblue, why can't it be here?
They have manual as an option too.

Fusions are probably just going to be separate characters, even though the concept is really cool in a 3v3 fighting game.

Gameplay wise, there's really nothing wrong with MvCI. The assist system is gone, but the new tag system is looking fresh as fuck, not to mention the Infinity Stones that make gameplay even more variable.

You mean like every other fighting game that has a "Simple" gameplay option that is easily turned off and on, and when turned on, your moveset is completely limited and there's no room to do anything outside the auto combo?

Yeah, what a surprise

SS3 goku is just this

youtu.be/Gn3ooFb0RTk?t=746

I told you this game was going to reuse the extreme butoden movesets, expect it to be shit

any news on how to get into the demo?

Everyone talked about Guilty Gear and how amazing Arcsys is.

This looks worse than the Storm games, when will you people stop lying?

Lot of the animations look janky to me
Especially when Goku does his instant transmission kamehameha

not to worry, the fans will come back, the pack of memers love their mango sentinel and pringles and foot dive

Are you perhaps talking about supersonic warriors

>That fucking final goku fight where he just spams supermoves

>mango sentinel and pringles and foot dive

user, I

BUT WHERE'S THE BLACK REPRESENTATION

they're not doing 2.5D for convenience, they work on the models frame by frame very similarly to sprites.

Since when were namekians supposed to be black?

Poo in the loo

Too good of a father to be black

POST TEAMS

>Cell
>Piccolo
>Cooler if available, Vegeta if not

Blacks love Piccolo and would be their self-insert

Yamcha/Tien/Krillin

Ugh okay, but namekians aren't black.

This is going to be one of the biggest fighting games of all time. People have wanted a traditional street fighter style 2d fighter for decades. Although there have been many DBZ fighting games so far, none have been actual fighting games in the sense we all know. They were always trash.

Just because Namekian starts with the letter "N", doesn't mean Piccolo is black.

>Farmer with shotgun
>Veku
>Frog

So you can charge ki?

Nappa+Vegeta+King Kai

I want this to be true but isn't it just a 2D fighter from the guys of Guilty Gear and BrazBlue?

>Froginyu joke character with an instant-kill attack that's ludicrously hard to hit, and swaps him with the opponent hit

youtu.be/BAKSgWQ6AeU

So is it confirmed to only have 6 characters that they showed or are there going to be a bigger roster?

>they retconned the name
The didn't fucking retcon the name. Retcon is when you rewrite a story element to change canon. Goku literally bit hit tongue trying to say it's name and Whis came up with the name "blue." That's not a retcon, a retcon would be if they suddenly started calling it "blue" and pretended it was never SSGSS.

The official name is still SSGSS, Blue is the nickname. Both Z and GT do this as Goku simplifies new forms as SSJ2-3 and decided to call it SSJ4 for convenience sake.

Those controls and options look retarded

>Everyone can do an unblockable rush attack
>everyone can *teleports behind u* instantly
>everyone has homing dash to approach opponent

This is not going to be a competitive fighter, It's gonna be a fun kusoge.
It makes sense because why would ArcSys want to compete with their own game, guilty gear? They are not gonna make DBZF a serious competitive fighter, calling it.

Well it is a DBZ game. It's gonna be all about those dashes and vanishes.

>Frieza super
>hits self with sauzer blades
>desperation beam

Pikkon
Bardock
Gogeta

I don't know user. It seems better than MvC for me and that's competitive.