Started crying halfway thru. Cried full on when the music kicked in. Bawled thru the trailer again

Started crying halfway thru. Cried full on when the music kicked in. Bawled thru the trailer again.

I've waited 14 years and it's finally happening. Literally hyped the first one and bought it day one.

I'm glad all my suicide attempts failed.

>Being excited for them ruining BG&E
Better keep trying user

It looks fucking amazing. If you aren't a fan, you wouldn't get it. The devil's in the details. This is clearly a fucking passion project.

It's a prequel. I am so sorry.

>It looks fucking amazing.
I'm not him but it was a CGI trailer what the hell are you talking about

>It's finally happening
What is? A shitty cash grab multiplayer game pretending to be the continuation of a cult classic from 14 years ago?

This thread is a failtroll anyway.

Same my dude, perhaps my favorite game of all time
>Was 7 years old
>christmas rolls around
>Really wanted XBOX
>GOT EMMM, XBOX, 3 games
>Wallace and Gromit project zoo
>LotR Third Age
>MOTHER FUCKING BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL

Played that shit more than Mario 64 and Ocarina of time, the only other two games I ever played. Wasn't until a couple years later I realised it was my dad who got me it and not a mystical magic man.

Can't thank him enough, showed him the new trailer earlier and he's pretty happy about it too

>it looked amazing
>2017
>still getting hyped by cgi trailers

the concept looks amazing. I love dystopian sci fi with weird creatures in it.

So? Cinematics can't be amazing?

Multiplayer? wtf

>It look fuckign amazing
It was just a trailer You fucking shill

The new world looks grittier and more depressing. Will I still be able to take photos of whales in space?

That's important to me.

Cynical fucks get the fuck out. I've waited fourteen years and the cinematic blew me away. It's clearly going to be fucking incredible.

Guess I should finally play the original one. Anything I should know?

>Online multiplayer
are you still interested in kys?

I bet you any money you'll be able to. The cinematic's packed full of details from the original. Same guy's making it.

It's a passion project 100%.

shill

PREQUEL
R
E
Q
U
E
L

>So? Cinematics can't be amazing?
If you've been into games for more than 5 years, then not really, no. They can be nice cinematically, but they don't tell you much about the actual gameplay. If you want cool CGI go watch a movie.
Fair enough, but it's really just a continuation of BGE's world. It's not doing much new. I'm still excited for it, but to say that trailer looked amazing seems asinine

>whats are your biggest wishes for bge2?
>REMOVE THE ORIGINAL CAST AND ADD A MONKEY AND A NIGGER NONSTOP YELLING FUCK AND MOTHERFUCKER

I better be able to sneak around and take some pics for the major scoop to expose the Domz equivalent.

it's dated in some parts, you can't photograph some animals after certain points, enjoy raging on air hockey

It's old and kinda buggy on pc.

fuck off kid bet you weren't even born when the game came out

You're not missing out on much. It's just a mediocre 3D Zelda-clone with a passable-looking female protagonist.

>A prequel, even if the first game ended with an huge cliffhanger
>Apparently none of the beloved original character will be present
>Try hard edgy swearing and cursing shoe-horned in it
>Blatant SJW pandering
>A shared online open world multiplayer game
>Possibly a Switch timed exclusive

Enjoy it faggot

People keep spouting passion project. Why did they take away the charm and characters from the first one then to appease to the majority of people who didn't play the original.

>prequel
>online

>prequel
>no gameplay
>no release window/date
You are an idiot

>crying because of an announcement trailer
so people actually do this? I thought it was a 'nerd culture' thing with reaction videos and all that

I'm a fan. This trailer felt like a huge middle finger

Yeah the Motherfucking was a bit much ..
Also the thing I liked about the first was that your team was a pig and a normal girl.

Playing as 2 monkeys seems a bit cheap.

>Nigger
Dropped

Jaded retard spotted.

i have depression btw
lmao

IT WAS A CINEMATIC TRAILER

PUT YOUR WALLET AWAY YOU DUMB SHIT

And with impeccable art direction, music and presentation

>NO JADE
Literally who approved this?

>Excited for a prequel

?

Beyond Good and Evil ended on a cliffhanger, and what you want is a prequel that has nothing to do with it nor Jade?

Is this really going to be some MMO shit going on? I waited more than a decade for more adventures with Jade and Pey'j, now I'm just getting some prequel without them and MMO shit instead? I want to be excited but come the fuck on, why are they delivering something with a title that suggests it's a sequel but apparently has nothing to do with the first game?

I love the sci-fi India/Mesoamerican shit they showed in the CGI trailer though.

I think you mean to say

THE FUCKIN DEVILS IN THE FUCKIN DETAILS THIS FUCKIN SHIT IS CLEARLY A FUCKIN PASSION PROJECT FUCK MATE IF YOU AINT A FUCKIN FAN YOU FUCKING WOULDNT GET FUCKING IT

This was never been so damn relevant.

Who the fuck cares? Clearly there's some shit that explains stuff. The pig dude says "PEY JIN" or some shit while looking at the statue. Pey'j. PEY JIN. Pey'j. Get it?

>Who the fuck cares?
People that played the first game and want an actual ending.

The ending is so steeped in what happened with jade's parents that it's better this way. Also it means an HD re-release of BG&E.

The game trailer makes it look nothing like the original. Sorry, buy I wish the suicide attempts had succeeded for you.

You don't know shit about BGE.

>HD re-release of BG&E
That happened a long time ago.

I don't really understand why people are hyped for this. BG&2 is prequel,it looks like it will be online after what they said and showed not to mention that they literally started development like 6 months ago lol the game won't be out unitll next gen consoles release like 2021 since even devs said they dont know on what platforms it will release and they want to ,,focus on making the game they always wanted and then they will choose the platforms''. Also theres possible very black scenario that it will get cancelled again after Vivendi takeover since its not that far in making lol. First game was really good no doubt but this is not looking good.

You keep telling yourself that, mate. I pretended Thi4f could have been fine for a long while because of my love of the series, and it was trash. Modern Ubisoft will not deliver what you want.

Enjoy your shitty disappointing game. They know they can cash in on "muh nostalgia" fags like yourself that will buy anything no matter how shitty it is because of nostalgia.

It hasn't aged great.

lol it looks like complete shit
go neck yourself for real this time pls

>it's better this way

>Long-asked for franchise finally gets a sequel
>Except it's 100000% unrelated to the first game in everything but name
>And a prequel
lol

People are naive, if not blindly optimistic.
That's it.

Not really. It's a very easy game, takes only time to finish, as opposed to skill.

Not an issue, I don't have problems with old games. Been actually playing some old classics I missed on recently.

Pey'j will be a questgiver who gives you EPIC LOOT and BONUS XP

I am gonna laugh my ass off when you see the gameplay and realize it's just another shitty open world TPS with towers like every other Ubisoft game. Remember : this is the company that made an open world RACING game with towers and the typical ubishit

I disagree
I played it for the first time a few years ago on 360 and thought it was pretty great

this and all the libshit BGE fanboys defending it because muh it makes Sup Forums butthurt

I have no problem with "diversity" but when you use it as a marketing tool, you're A, dehumanizing and cheapening minority groups and B, treating "diversity" like it's strange.

Ubisoft really shit the bed by ever even using the word "diversity"

>crying
>over some cgi marketing material

I really hope Ubisoft doesn't Ubisoft this game

For as much as I literally clapped at the screen like a retarded burger, Ubisoft has gone too far down the shithole for me to be confident in this
It's like Psychonauts 2, it was fucking crazy when it was announced but then we all remembered that Schafer hasn't made a good game in over a decade

The second I see that this game is a fuckhuge empty sandbox or has towers or whatever the fuck, I'm cancelling all hype and waiting until at least a week after launch before I try it

>I'm glad my suicide attempts failed
user this shit is never gonna come out

NO JADE NO BUY

>if you aren't a fan
I actually am a fan and i know a shill when i see one.
And no, i am not buying this prequiel.

>I really hope Ubisoft doesn't Ubisoft this game
When was last time it didn't? Of course it fucking will.

I have no problem with diversity or even lack of diversity at all since I either relate to the characters on a deeper level than skin deep anyway or I just don't bother relating to them at all. But not everyone has that level of empathy and I understand that too. That said, it bothers me when diversity takes on a higher priority than gameplay and meaningful content which just causes me to not give a shit at all. Currently, BGE2 definitely has some nice art design in their trailer here but the shit they were saying about the gameplay and direction of the game is just worrying. I don't want an MMO or a prequel. I want to see the continuation of Jade's story goddamnit. Why give the title a '2' when it has nothing to do with the first?

Just like how amazing the Stars Wars the Old Republics CGI trailers are, amirite?

Their games outside of their tentpole franchises are actually pretty decent.
The recent Rayman games, basically any of the indie stuff they publish, it's all pretty good.

Fuck, even Siege is pretty GOAT. I just REALLY don't want them to say "well the first game had a sandbox and melee combat, so let's just make this into asscreed with space pigs."

This is modern ubisoft Op not ubisoft of 1999-2008 in there prime years of publishing and making good games. Ubisoft will break your heart no matter what, so please don't fall for their marketing memes.

all we have to go on is 3 minutes of cinematics, Sup Forums jumping the gun as usual and judging a game based on nothing. sigh

I know someone at Ubi Montpellier, and two years ago he warned me that Jade might not be the main character. More than trying to fit in all the old characters, they were trying to make sure that the game was fun in the first place. I respect that.

Anyway, Ancel has already written on instagram that a bunch of the old characters will be appearing, and that the open world exploration of a universe was always supposed to be part of the game but they just didn't have the resources back in the day.

They also mentioned the multicultural shit a LOT in interviews about the first game. At this point I really feel like people that are bitching about what they saw don't understand what the game's team wanted to accomplish in the first place.

BUT THERE'S A FUCKIN NIGGER IN IT OP HOW CAN YOU GET EXCITED OVER WHITE GENOCIDE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ARE YOU A JEW OR SOMETHING YEAH THAT WOULD EXPLAIN IT DAY OF THE ROPE FAGGOT IT'S COMING SOON

You seem like a pretty mentally fucked-up person.

It's been 14 years since the last game user and all we got was a trailer that lacked any of the characters from the first game or even mentions of what happened to them. Then, we get a lot of hints and vague descriptions that suggest it's a prequel and a multiplayer experience rather than a tight single player game. There's enough to be worried about and critique, neither of which means that we're already writing off the game entirely. Just expressing opinions and discussing.

Would you recommend the first one? never got to play back then.
Does it hold up?

>co op
>online multiplayer

The game is as good as dead. As soon as ubiclone adds a feature to one of their games, they force implement it into every other future game they make.

I liked it. Looking at it for what it is, I really liked it. But there is one thing that is bothering me. It doesn't feel like Beyond Good and Evil at all. Shit, we better actually play as Jade, and where the hell was Pey'j? Why add so much swearing to something that didn't rely on vulgarity before?

Still, for what it is, I like it. Dystopias and space shenanigans are enough to grab my attention.

>Replace one of the most popular female protagonists in gaming with a hip hop monkey
>prequel

No thanks Ubisoft

>Prequel when the game had a cliffhanger
>No charming, quirky characters
>Constant swearing and edgyness
>FUCKING MULTIPLAYER

It looks fucking awful, but maybe it's the trailer itself that is shit, I'll wait for more info to judge.

>If you aren't a fan, you wouldn't get it.
It looks NOTHING like the original, it might as well be called Space Monkey Adventures.

>It's a prequel
>IT'S A FUCKING PREQUEL

Oh boy.

>Black protagonist with dumb afro
>Is also a criminal
>Sidekick is a monkey that acts like a black guy
>Acts like a street thug and shoots at police

So...... are they trying to make fun of black people or something?

More obvious than robot niggers from Bayformers.

It's a prequel. Jade isn't even born yet. We might get young Pey'j, maybe.

This.

Anyone holding out that this game is good is a retard.

It's been 14 years because they haven't got any fucking clue where to go hence the prequel and the time has long since passed that the fucking game would be good in anyway.

It'll be full of amazing co-op multiplayer elements with an empty open world with surface depth RPG elements with the ability to pointlessly craft upgrades or u-play facebook bullshit.

It WILL be shit. anyone saying otherwise is WRONG

>Getting hyped over a cgi trailer.

BG&E2 is close to Half Life 3 and DNF (which obviously was released and was mediocre as fuck).

It'll never live up to the original it can only hope to be adequate.

pretty much my thought process exactly. also you forgot
>muh diversity
Wouldn't bother me quite as much if the black woman didn't have a nigger hairstyle.
If that annoying chimp is the protagonist, I can pretty much consider it dropped.

Why did the girl look slightly less monkey than the guy the guy though?

It might be able to ride on the Prey 2 train, where normies will go "hey, I've heard of this title" and buy it.

People getting hyped by a fucking CGI trailer to a prequel of a game that had an open ending. Top fucking kek.

>Jade was a memorable character with a ton of things going for her
>Reporter, martial artist, cool adoptive mom to a bunch of children
>Plus a bunch of goofy sidekicks like a pig with attitude and a dork in heavy armor
>We got afro pirate and swearing gang monkey instead

Im sure it'll sell, that's not what i doubt about the game, I doubt the quality.

Ubisoft probably has the most uninspired homogenous approach to videogames of any modern company except perhaps EA games.

We get Dakini, who I'm assuming is Jade's mother.

Wait, what? You better not be telling me that the green eyed asian at the end is just going to be Jade's mother or some bullshit.

God damn, I mean, I know this is a prequel, but if you're going to make a prequel without the main character you might, at least, want to finish their actual story before this far back in the prequel. How about ending that cliffhanger, yeah?

Well, shit. At least the black chick has a Jamaican accent. Jamaican accents are sexy as fuck, much more preferable than African Americans.

Huh, that actually would be sorta neat, the original always teased us about Jade's heritage but then gave us 0 info on it.