Beyond Good and Evil

Bullshit aside and Sup Forums out

Anyone just not find the characters very likeable? As the trailer started I was hyped that we were getting BGE2, but as it went on I hoped it wasn't because it carried a completely different tone, and that Monkey was annoying af.

And is Ubi shoving Multiplayer into it? There was a brief hint or two at that, which doesn't sound great to me. Guess we can also discard these trailers too
youtube.com/watch?v=xrnuV-9FKLk
youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L449s9bVdeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a ape who shoots cops
pretty fucked up senpai

Yeah, I'm not getting charisma from the new cast. And like has been said before, this being prequel is rubbish, and playing part in whole thing has me worried.

Seriously this Sup Forums shit is annoying because I bet I won't even be able to say I dislike the characters without some memeing little faggot telling me to "go back to Sup Forums"

They were generic characters, borderline annoying, I'm really hoping they're not who you spend most of the time playing as.
We also know very little of the gameplay, I really hope it isn't going the Multiplayer route.

The guy said "online world", which is pretty worrying.

>A nigger.
>A nigger.
>An ape, so basically another nigger.
This needs to stop. I don't give a shit about Sup Forums shit, but the whole diversity and muh feminism shit is the most annoying thing.

I don't mind that it's a prequel too much
The world itself looks interesting honestly, though I also don't like how they appeared to be part of a larger organisation, rather than two freelancers

>sassy black girl with afro
>le casual cursing monkey

Nah, the characters they had shown were indeed shit.

I also hated the fact that the missiles the ship had fired at such a small vehicle was enough to take itself down.

It was awfully dumb.

WE

wtf u faggot im not from pol
i just hate the fake corporate diversity crap for good boy points off the gaming media also the characters are all sterotypes 14 years for this
t.black robot

>Prequel, thereby not resolving the cliffhanger ending
>Entirely separate solar system
>Every character is visually unappealing
>Swearing for the sake of swearing
>No Jade
>No Pey'j
>Same art direction as every modern game
I haven't been this let down by a revival since Nuts and Bolts. I'm devastated.

>Same art direction as every modern game
how? I'll give you the swearing but the visuals seem different from the average modern game
>big Buddha thing
>hologram flowers on it
>sci-fi pirate ship
>asian aesthetic blended in with some other stuff
and I doubt they'll drop everything relating to Jade, the woman at the end is probably her mom/ancestor

>take classic game everyone has been begging for a sequel to
>make prequel instead and eliminate your main character, who was ALREADY female and fit in with the current agenda
> add 1000% more vulgarity to change the family friendly nature of the game

WTF? I wanted BGaE2 not FBFGaMFE0

Who thought this was a good idea?

ubicuck

I seriously don't know what the fuck they were thinking it may as well been a new ip

>add 1000% more vulgarity to change the family friendly nature of the game
This is honestly criminal. The original Beyond Good and Evil was actually pretty damn comfy. It was pretty nice having all those kids at home base, just chilling and doing their thing. One of them stayed quiet, others were more talkative.

All gone for MOTHERFUCKER IT IS WHAT IT IS FUCK YOU ITZZ CHOCOLATE

>>add 1000% more vulgarity to change the family friendly nature of the game
I'm not completely opposed to adding in higher amounts of vulgarity, but when you chain together 3+ fucks it starts to get old. Almost as bad as, if not worse than, DmC.

Did the fucking original fucking game have so much damned fucking cursing in it, too, motherfucker?

I found it really off-putting.

whats wrong with Nuts and Bolts?

Fuck off with your Sup Forums you giant faggot.
No Jade, prequel, diversity propaganda, co - op most likely, most likely typical ubisoft gameplay.

>prequel
>the original trailers with Jade and Pey'j were a complete lie
>online multiplayer focus
>suddenly super edgy with the word "fuck" said every ten seconds even though the first game was family friendly
>complete tonal 180

All of these are way more concerning than any political shit.

>Anyone just not find the characters very likeable?
Fuck off racist go back to Sup Forums

>fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck,fuck fuck, fucking, fuck, fuck.
That is what stood out in the trailer to me. Never played the original.

>art direction
>not fucking world/settings
get that right, you dumb faggot

The trolls are not even trying anymore.

Way too much cursing, and a trailer don't mean jackshit.

I'm not really that optimistic till I see a proper gameplay video and have more info.

True, i couldn't care less about blacks and other shit in videogames even some years ago. But this hardcore Marxist - sjw propaganda is making me hate them with passion.

This is what happens when an industry for kids has to pretend to be an adult

It was funny. I'm watching the Ubi preentation with my gf who is super sensitive to cursing. So theres random cursing in some of the trailers, extra cursing in the south park trailer (south park is better beeped) and then one of the presenters curses.

then this shitty fucking trailler comes on with a motherfucking cockucking monkey who sounds like he's auditoning for be head asshole in a shitstained Deadwood reboot and its so fucking irritating how much this motherfucking cocksucking monkey is constantly spewing profanities in a completely uncreative and uninterising way. IT was obviously written by a bunch of fucking immature dickheads. I might join unis team monkey just to write them some letters.

youtube.com/watch?v=L449s9bVdeM

The ape has black mannerisms, but is voiced by a... hispanic? with a... south african accent? A bit odd, ey?

To be honest though, everything looks quite allright to me. The teaser with the pig and the fly is hilarious. You guys are overly sensitive, this game might just have a soul.

>Fuck off with your Sup Forums you giant faggot.
Nigger we're on the same page. I'm annoyed because I don't want it here but people will force it whenever you try talking about the game

>that clickbait thumbnail
I wish I could warn people about to click this that that's not Jade and that you're playing as an ugly nigress

he talks like me a black english londoner and is a ape who shoots cops and robs people

Anyone noticed how the ((PIG)) is the one sending the ((COPS)) after the monkey?

They are so blatant with their SJW bullshit.

Can someone tell me what happened to Jade?

Its a fucking prequel
she hasnt been born yet
cyborg arm lady in the trailer is probably her mom

>Prequel, thereby not resolving the cliffhanger ending
>Entirely separate solar system
>No Jade
>No Pey'j
Why the fuck even bother making this if it's not even going to be a continuation? This just shot any interest I had in a another BE&E game down immediately.
Fucking Ubisoft. Why do you want me to hate you?

That monkey is annoying as fuck.

And why did they show him basically robbing the pig-man in the trailer? Presumably the pig is supposed to be a mob boss bad guy, but without any context all we know is that he honored a deal like an honest merchant while chav-chimp committed fraud in the dumbest and most obnoxious manner possible.

How does this make the chimp sympathetic. I'm with the pig, shoot that repulsive creature in the head.

Why the hell would they change the entire thing? Making it more mature isn't always a good thing. It feels like the game was reworked to go after an audience that never played the first game.

It really does feel like Beyond Good & Evil as reimagined by Tameem.

one of my favorite comfy games desu. The music, atmosphere. the fishes jumping alongside your hovercraft.
this trailer was very uncomfy

It's prequel to a game I've been waiting 14 years for and we obviously won't get resolution to the cliffhanger at the end of the first game. No matter what they did with the characters I'm going to be pissed about this.

I'm sad we won't be getting more Jade and Pey'j, but at the same time the new characters look very cool and colorful. I'm especially looking forward to the worldbuilding, it looks like it's really gonna flesh out beyond what we saw in the first game. I'll reserve judgment on multiplayer since there isn't any info yet, but considering they seem to be doing a space pirate thing, multiplayer has potential.

I don't really remember anything about the first game and don't have strong feelings about continuity but I hear you. Still, judged on its own merit, it looks like an interesting setting with characters that have potential. Don't really see the sjw shoehorning either, this isn't transvestites in a world of potentially gender-altering magic (hi Beamdog), none of them feels out of place.

it lacked the magical and lovely tone of the first and replaced to hateful and raunchy

still looks pretty cool and more interesting than most stuff but the SJW stuff is extremely disappointing to me

dystopian cool sci fi is one thing (the first one) SJW propaganda and lame already-dated "its 2016!" style cultural marxism is quite another

enter a bar

PROPAGANDA starts playing

>Thugs
>Theives
>Liars
>Cop killers
Where were you when the bad guys became the "good guys?"

Did someone say... raunchy?

>name your game Game 2
>make it a prequel

not ok

IDK, the first one was almost like Zelda or something. really chill and just kind of creative and cool

new one is not in line with that vibe whatsoever

that said apart from my extremely hate of the SJW aspect I still have to admit I thought it looked pretty great

only ubisoft makes games were u like the bad guy more then the good guy also thanks for the 2 u's

Did anyone else think it was some fucked up version of Journey to the West?

Hopefully it's just the trailer

#litty ol meme bro, fist bump

I hear you. Nuts and Bolts was stupidly good fun. I'd even go as far as saying that it was ahead of its time. I can't imagine how many hours I must've sunk into that vehicle creator, mostly making vehicles from Star Wars and 40k.

However, I say this as a guy whose first Banjo game was Nuts and Bolts. I've seen videos of the other games and there's such a ridiculously large genre change that I can imagine many people were seriously let down. It's like being a Mass Effect fan then suddenly finding that Bioware's latest entry is a fishing sim.

Well, it's not called Beyond Good & Evil for nothing.

Shit I thought I was alone.

I wasn't born yet by the time they lost the war.

>Prequel and "spiritual successor"

I like the characters, but I'm worried about the gameplay because Ubisoft. It could just turn into another flavor of AC/FC/Bland Open World.

That said, Beyond Good and Evil has always been massively overrated. It's a good game, but ironically despite the title, the story is a very bland "the people in authority are bad, the underdogs are good," and everything else was serviceable, except for the driving which was awful.

If you played the first game the overall tone was more whimsical and child friendly despite the T rating it got. The game does go kinda dark later in the game though with the situations getting more and more dangerous and life threatening.

literally no one give a fuck about this game.

>and that Monkey was annoying af.
Not quite Enslaved levels, but he was certainly approaching 'a bit of a cunt'

Beyond Good and Evil will be shit just like Mafia 3.

kek

If you dont like the characters or are upset that its not a sequel you are Sup Forums and a racist, probably a drumf supporter as well and beed to kill yourself for diversitys sake.

I thought so.
I was kinda HOPING so, since Enslaved just didn't click with me.

Ah well, maybe japan will give us some sort of futuristic Momotaro adventure or something.

I'll never be resolved

I liked the pig guy and the qt asian girl better

nah it was good. unlike PSychonauts it's actually rated pretty fairly. Psychonauts sucks.

That tactic didn't work for me with GB2016, it's not going to work for me now.

I did too,

I've never played the first one but I like the charm of the trailer, it looks really cool