Ori and the will of the wisps

Anyone hyped about this besides me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ix-ouLkNDo
eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-28-ori-and-the-blind-forest-looks-great-but-plays-even-better
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not getting hyped until there's actual gameplay shown

I'm hyped as shit
I think I would be over the moon if only there was no
>Windows 10 exclusive

Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? Anyway I loved the first game I can't wait to play this

I mean I'll buy it, but until I know when it's coming out I'm not devoting any daily energy to it.

>Not getting hyped until there's actual gameplay shown
This. Anyone that says otherwise is either a retard or a shill.

this was was very pretentious

absolutely. ori 1 is in my top 10

I'm not switching to Windows 10 for this shit. First game was pretty cool, but a sequel isn't worth getting the most Jewish operating system of all time.

ori 1 was a shit game from a gameplay perspective. it was linear as hell and boring, i can't believe that it's considered an indie darling

You have shit taste

are you actually retarded?

It had some fun fluid platforming and controls. It's not an amazing Metroidvania but a comfy platformer.

You might be if you thought posting that image helped you.

Thanks for proving me right.

what, do you think lamulana is a good metroidvania too?

The first game had decent gameplay. I don't see how they could mess it up
Definitely interested. I hope they release it physically this time around.

It was funded by M$, it isn't considered indie by any means

Anyway, it's a good platformer and a lacking Metroidvania (considering that the creators said that Super Metroid inspired them)

The first game looked gorgeous but was boring as fuck to actually play. Hopefully they manage to fix that.

i thought it was only published by msft??? also, is the indie designation only about budget??? i was under the impression that it had more to do with team size

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ix-ouLkNDo

So, this is what it feels like to be excited for a video game.

No, you're obviously the only one.

All I want at this point is a confirmation that it won't be exclusive to the Windows Store on PC and a release date, nothing else. I went completely blind into the ORIginal and plan to do the same with this.

Don't tell me the escape from the ginso tree scene wasn't exciting. The whole lava platforming section?
I don't think Ori was boring at all. There was just about enough amount of downtime vs. action imo.

indie = independent
If you have a publisher, you're not independent

Gee, I wonder what kind of gameplay could Ori have.

I'm not watching that but what exactly does it have to do with the thread moron?

wtf then isaac isnt an indie since it's published by nicolas

I'm expecting a match-3 puzzler.

Independently developed =/= independently published.

It was picked by Microsoft after a year of development. That's 4 years under the M$ wing

eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-28-ori-and-the-blind-forest-looks-great-but-plays-even-better

user, come on, don't act like disappointing releases don't happen

>I don't see how they could mess it up
The Definitive Edition didn't bring anything fun or worthy

OP asks about other people that are interested in Ori 2, I posted a reaction video about people interested in Ori 2. What else needs to be explained?

>implying the new abilities weren't fun

They said the same about games like Xcom 2

I forgot 95% of the time I could dash. New areas aside, I played the game almost exactly as the vanilla version

Here's my definition.
If you can break off from the publisher and sell your game, it's indie. If you can't, it's not indie. Ori can't break off from Microsoft, the games were funded by them and they own it. It's not indie, just like you said.
However a game like Bastion which was published by WB, Supergiant still owns all the rights to the game and can go publish it by themselves anywhere else.

Why would you ever link YOOOOOVIDEOGAAAAAMESHYYYYYYYYYYPE?

The only game i really cared about when it was announced. But desu, Ori was a finished game. It's not a franchise, but a one timer. Trying to make a sequel for a completed story just screams of filthy jewish tricks. And considering that those guys sold out to Microshekels, i don't expect anything but either:

1) More of the original (rehash)
2) Dumbed down version with even more pretentious cheap tear sucking cutscenes

Anyway it will probably be a cashgrab.

I still don't understand how they managed to shit up XCOM 2 so badly.

>people excited for new metroidvanias when the best one ever made is underappreciated

You fucks sicken me. Go play hollow knight and experience a masterwork.

>Ori was a finished game
Didn't they ran out of money and they had to publish it incomplete? I'd swear the DE was created because of that

Well you kind of missed out, dash+upgrades and the ability to bash anywhere make you crazy mobile to the point that some segments became trivial

What's incomplete about it? In fact it was probably longer than it should have been, considering all the backtracking. Not to mention that the story is finished. World gone to shit, you saved the day, it's over.

Every thread with this faggot. Why are you even posting on Sup Forums when you can just replay that game for all eternity?

>Trust us a little :) I wouldn't worry too much. Will of the Wisps isn't just a visual upgrade, far from it. The idea is that Will of the Wisps should be to Blind Forest what Super Mario Bros 3 was to the original Super Mario Bros :)

t. the lead dev on Neogaf

>and can go publish it by themselves anywhere else
If they have the rights but not the resources to do so (money, probably), I wouldn't call them indie.

It happens all the time. Publisher because they were required to have one for consoles, or physical. And then self-published for PC, which needs almost no resources ($100 for Steam).

This entire post makes me angry.

I got through two of the big escape sequences, the added Definitive Edition stuff, and then the owl escape sequence before I finally put the game down and admitted to myself that I was forcing myself to keep playing it. Most of the time it just felt like a chore to play. The platforming controlled nicely, I have no complaints there, but it just could not maintain my interest.

Yeah that makes sense. I take it back

Why? :) Do you loathe smiley faces? :) Or do you just hate the idea of Microsoft forcing them to churn out a sequel (which could be good)?