ITT : Games that make you nervous to explore

ITT : Games that make you nervous to explore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9wfiYoCSqZg
youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

X files music too spoopy.

>tfw never will know all the cool shit at the bottom of the GTAV ocean because would rather eat shit than swim in deep water

>walking around shady creeks
>dead silent

I always felt like I was being watched

I remember being a stupid sixth grader, thinking big foot was real, looking for him in the middle of nowhere during a rain storm, it was spooky, it's weird even now despite knowing it's empty the woods in san andreas are weirdly eerie. Probably because of how empty they are.

morrowind

mainly because of the shit combat and crawling walk speed

Not any more, but when I was 7 around release, Peahats scared me so shitless I was afraid to explore.

so immersive

Why? There's not even wild animals

You should see the seahats or whatever those helicopter enemies at sea in Wind Waker, are like then.

Ive never been in a Fallout Vault without a companion. Spooky shit

The fucking whole of Subnautica.
Fuck that game.

that's what the power armor is for my man

Ill never get this. Even SOMA's abyss level was spookier than the whole of Subnautica

This

Power armor makes me feel like superman.

>hiding in the river because you missed gate closing time

Deep forests in Gothic 2.

That's part of why it's creepy. It's a big open space where there should be animals of some kind, but there's none. It just completely empty with some abandoned buildings spread around.

>think of the horrible things that goes on in those buildings

Never player Saints Row but i remember videos of people going to certain houses that cant be opened but standing next to them triggers creepy ass audio files. Fuck that shit to heaven and hell

They are surprisingly creepy if there's nothing that special inside. There's just something about huge, abandoned (or worse) underground bunkers.

*even if there's nothing

>that spooky ass game user was working on where your job is to explore missle silos

shit like that in games makes me shit my pants, you never expect it, and the most disturbing thing is that they happen all mainly in non horror games so it takes you by surprise.

blue and black hell were interesting and spooky af

This man stole my answer

What haircut should I get for CJ? I'm looking for one right now but they all seem pretty bad.

Afro or cornrows

tha forast

Miasmata my dudes.

them burial tombs
them fortresses
them tel fyr caves

Isnt that literally the point of the game though?

And the fact that the only scary creepypasta was written for Morrowind

>when you see a random npc running towards you from miles away in Fallout

depends on how you handle deep sea
I also think Subnautica is intimidating af

Dude one time on my ps2 copy of san andreas, sometimes people would start spawning less and these odd growling sounds kept happening.

Idk what the holy fuck it was but I didn't play that game for weeks.
The memory is still so vivid. Has anyone had this happen?

And here we go

>cue x-files music
>jumpscare at the end

No seriously.
This shit happened every time I went into the zomb-tech building in san fierro
it kinda scared me, but I was also curious.

Subnautica monsters are too goofy to be scary barring the Reaper Leviathan. Even so, the Reaper is scary for 5 minutes until you get the Seamoth and can just run away from it. Other than going into the lava zone you can pretty much avoid it outright for most of the game.

>that sinkhole in fallout 4
>a fucking deathclaw guarding the entrance and then you go down and its tunnels and tunnels of creepiness
the game is a piece of shit but exploring the world is pretty fun

There are no games that make me nervous to explore.

Exploring in Morrowind took some serious balls, especially when you accidentally find a deadric shrine. Oblivion memed deadric monsters and shrines, but in Morrowind, if you found one, you knew you were about to get fucked hard if you weren't careful.

Did the growling sound effect replace the running sound effect?

I had that happen on SAMP sometimes. The sound kept changing pitch as i walked

Honestly, it's the vast and empty areas that really get to me more than the monsters

Subnautica's monsters would be 10x times scarier if the water was dark enough to barely see them.

Take SOMA for example : youtu.be/9wfiYoCSqZg

The other reasons being cliffracers, cliffracers and cliffracers

No, it was just kinda random. I did have a cheat save so that might've had something to do with it.
I didn't know that back then and thought my game had something crazy happening with it

That haunted town in Red Dead Redemption

Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ

>sneak mode
>CAUTION

Literally all of prey

I spent many hours exploring SA with the camera taking pics of any of the not-normal stuff I could find.
>Wheelchair
>Ghost cars
>Quarantined well
>Zombie lab
>etc

This was before I looked up things on the internet. An absolute waste of time but fuck was it fun. That sort of investigation is an undertapped market in vidya

>Sneak mode
>Caution
>Nothing around
>DANGER

At the same pace with the same animations, getting stuck on a small object - stopping, and then walking all the way around a massive cliff and bumping into a bunch of raiders and/or a deathclaw where they're then ripped to shreds

>quest failed.

Skyrim. Spooky, demonic, has zombies, huge spiders and vampires. Fuck that shit.

am I autistic for remembering each spot where these are located without playing the game for close to a decade

I was wondering if anyone would remember this gem.

I never understood why it was spooky.

Like just turn off the game, lol.

How come that one lake cars fall in and are never seen again?

Just started replaying Morrowind and seconding this, I feel very anxious about entering any places that aren't quest locations. I mean, with quests you can usually figure out what to expect and how hard it will be, but when entering random places the probability of getting assfucked to oblivion is dangerously high. Sure, eventually every character will become a walking god who can waltz anywhere and win easily, but this early part sure feels intense when you really have to be careful about everything.

which one?

This is a very nigger/muslim mentality.
>I have no imagination, emotion or empathy. Why would you enjoy [thing]? Beep boop.

not him but tumbleweed

I remember the first time I was exploring and got the part where the shallows just drop off into that vast abyss, and in the distance I could just barely see one of those giant eldritch abominations (reefbacks?). Spooped me good.

A haunted video game mod is pretty much the most autistic thing you could still consider as "imagination".

Skyrim. World is too small and takes no time to explore. Once you have explored it once, there will be nothing left to see.

Can you please go away, Ahmed? We don't like you.

Play it on a shitty mouldy CRT screen with the high contrast and no gamma correction. I was scared shitless of entering any cave without 100 pts of night eye

Actually, in Saint Rows 2 your base is in an underground part of the city that was abandoned in the early 20th century after an earthquake lowered the land. So you have this abandoned urban center that is already spooky on its own.

Then the devs went and added someone playing saxophone, but you can never find the person.

And that was not enough, but rarely, you can catch glimpses of people walking and disappearing.

Only games with permadeath really. Or self-imposed permadeath.

Your insults are about as shit as this entire thread.

>I don't like this thread but I'm going to stay in it anyway.

Nigga you retarded

It's old as hell now, but STILL Fatal Frame. There's all this ambient sound and creaks and shit, then after getting used to the creepy noises you open a door and... stillness. All the sound goes away. That always unnerved me.

Also walking by a shelf or table you've passed several times, and something casually falls off. It's still so effective because it doesn't always happen, so you're just anxiously waiting to see if something is going to move or not.

Mario?

Bud ... leave ...

They are called flying pineapples

you like muslim to put his peepeer in your stink tube? nerx

This was the best era for Mario games. Sunshine is maximum comfy.

And i still havent gone in.

very underrated game

Red Dead Redemption, mainly the ghost town with the big mansion.

>self-imposed permadeath
cuck

this from banjo kazooie. when I was a kid, mad monster mansion scared the shit outta me.

I'm still disappointed that they can't knock you out of the boat anymore, that shit almost made me freeze up as a child. Kinda' sad they lowered the volume on the propeller noises too.

Cesar and beard is alright