STOP BETHESDA

Let me tell you how you can help end paid mods, save the industry from impending doom, and feel amazing.

Valve lost over 1 Million Dollars during the famous paid mod fiasco because their email servers were flooded.
Emails are surprisingly expensive. An exponential flood of these expensive emails on the server costs a lot of time, and a lot of money. E X P E N S I V E.

• Email every Bethesda channel you can
• Give negative review on every Bethesda game on steam and other outlets
• Clog their support lines with nonsense.If you are asking a seemingly serious question in a bunch of nonsensically long paragraphs that lead to nowhere, guess what? Someone has to read it. Someone is getting paid to read it. You cost Bethesda money and time.
• Post anti-Bethesda material on social media

Sup Forums can literally end paid mods, save the industry, and force Bethesda to stop being shit.

Most underestimate how much money the angry internet costs a company. Don't be one of them. Fuck over the jews that are trying to ruin your hobbies.

EMAIL

There's just one catch. I'd have to do something but I don't give a shit

>Let me tell you how you can help end paid mods, save the industry from impending doom, and feel amazing.
>Valve lost over 1 Million Dollars during the famous paid mod fiasco because their email servers were flooded.
>Emails are surprisingly expensive. An exponential flood of these expensive emails on the server costs a lot of time, and a lot of money. E X P E N S I V E.
>• Email every Bethesda channel you can
>• Give negative review on every Bethesda game on steam and other outlets
>• Clog their support lines with nonsense.If you are asking a seemingly serious question in a bunch of nonsensically long paragraphs that lead to nowhere, guess what? Someone has to read it. Someone is getting paid to read it. You cost Bethesda money and time.
>• Post anti-Bethesda material on social media
>Sup Forums can literally end paid mods, save the industry, and force Bethesda to stop being shit.
>Most underestimate how much money the angry internet costs a company. Don't be one of them. Fuck over the jews that are trying to ruin your hobbies.
>EMAIL

im too lazy to even write a comment other than this

>• Give negative review on every Bethesda game on steam and other outlets
I was going to do that anyway.

fpbp

Haha yes valve totally stopped the project because they didn't know how to fairly split profits among mod teams. Certainly not from the massive negative backlash and zero quality control that allowed anyone to download any mod and try to sell it

No sir

>Can help end paid mods
>Have experienced what Customer Support is like
>Have to make those people suffer a horrible fate to get a message across
Bit of a mixed feeling here.

>Let me tell you how you can help end paid mods, save the industry from impending doom, and feel amazing.

Not be Todd Howard?

>tfw Im a skeleton
HELP

This post is Todd trying to kill morale

Nice try manlet

Meant to link to

>PCfags
Lmao

Who cares video games are fucking dead

>Sup Forums can literally end paid mods,
I don't want to though modders should get constipation for their hard work. Sorry that you're a child who expect free handouts but in the real world goods and services cost this little thing called money which you can earn by getting an effin job you l*zy bum. Now begone.

I want paid mods so I can make money off the cancerous faggots who the industry is pandering for

>I don't want to though modders should get constipation for their hard work.

>Constipation

>constipation

Applies to you too consolecuck. You have Bethesda mods on consoles now.

I WANT FREE COLLEGE

I WANT FREE MODS

I HATE CAPITALISM

>implying bethesda won't take a 90% cut of the money

>We should apply scarcity economic frameworks to a post-scarcity economic reality
Fuck off.

Not your personal army dickface.

What's wrong with paid mods? Yeah, only earning 25% is fucking ridiculous but the concept is okay. Simply let modders choose to enter a price, if any, for their creation and let the market sort it out. This will be able to at least make a mod be a first priority for anyone working. Now it can help pay the bills.

When did things become not scarce?

Wait a second paid mods happened back in 2015? Where the fuck does time go

Labor is scarce. I mean, yeah you're right, but at the end of the day you have to fund these programs somehow. Copyright isn't exactly the best means but you can't exactly go out and make a patreon for modding without getting sued up the asshole by Bethesda.

I don't play bethesda games so this doesn't affect me at all.

Nice try deflecting attention todd, we know youre using reverse psychology on us.

IT WONT WORK TODD.

tell that to africa

Why should I give a shit

It only effects consolecucks and retards who play skyrim and fallout

I wish I could make good anime models, I could literally print money

But i really want another counter strike or killing floor or garrys mod. If its good, pay for it or pirate it like every other human being

>nu Sup Forums actually wants to pay for mudcrab armour

Sad!

The thing is we can still get mods for free. You can't.

>constipation

top kek

>Things
We're talking about digital products. There is no "supply" side to the equation when infinite copying is trivial.

>Free software doesn't exist
There's entirely operating systems saying otherwise. Multiple, in fact. The issue in your post is Bethesda being allowed to sue. That's an artificial inefficiency on the system put there by blood sucking parasites.

There's children in Africa who could have eaten those mods

He means intellectual property in particular. With a virtual media you can reproduce copy and share it indefinitely without any cost, other than a transaction cost of a storage medium cost, but the bits themselves aren't scarce

>What's wrong with paid mods? Yeah, only earning 25% is fucking ridiculous but the concept is okay.
>Putting a price on something that is already free is ok

>losing 1million dollars meaning anything to valve

Yes, it's ok to do whatever you want with your work.

When you talk about Linux, you're talking about a productive software, not a creative one. Even so with Linux you could put money into it make a project with Linux and then charge for that service or product (see TiVo or red hat). Try putting money into a Skyrim product and then selling it off and see how well you do in litigation.

>Muh litigation
You're arguing in circles. I've already said the fact Bethesda has standing in those suits is a legal, moral and economic horror show.

Well the idea here being is that the mods would be better. They wouldn't necessarily be the same because as of right now you cannot gain funding or any kind of monetary compensation for producing modded content. Like honestly, at this point, it's this or you don't get any money in funded mods because Bethesda will buttfucking sue you.

Yeah I know it's a fucking tragedy, but that's the reality we live in.

This entire thread is about activism and rejecting that, genius.

There is literally nothing wrong with paid mods.

Make your own free mods instead you god damn retards. How come Sup Forums is so sjw now?

Well fuck dude, I don't want to be an internet activist. I have a job.

Well there are two viewpoints: the first being that we don't want paid bods because bringing money and copyright trolling into the modding environment will inherently corrupt and cause it to decay. The second being that this board is filled with self-entitled douchebags that can't understand that to make something requires funding.

>Everything I don't like is SJW
Pretty sure there's shills trying to push a dichotomy between "le ebil SJW" and "bootlicker"

Both are faggots.

Duplication isn't the labor side of creating intellectual works. Go end your life.

>Mods require funding
>Mods are common and vibrant
>Mods have been free for decades
Only two of these can be true.

I don't benefit from that

Labour costs are amortized across the production. Guess what $X÷0 is?

Correction, better mods require funding. As fun and interesting and exciting as many mods are, they could undoubtedly do a lot better if the creators had means of collecting revenue for their efforts. It's hard to work on something with full force when you also need a real job.

You aren't entitled to benefit from other people's arrangements.

>Better mods require funding
Then seek it. Boycott modding for litigious companies, work with companies like Valve who have created full games from community mods.

Dude, do you go to Loyola University or something? You sound like my old econ teacher.

Duplication cost is not the production cost of intellectual works. You are a buffoon.

>make something requires funding.

I've been making mods since Morrowind for the community for free. Does that make me entitled?

That doesn't bother me, I want things for free and there is nothing wrong with that.

We already had this conversation. Have I attempted to seek Revenue outside of what they want to offer me, then I just get fucking sued. And, if I just decide to follow your lead and do activism, then I'll be a homely hippy living with his mother.

>Fuck over the jews that are trying to ruin your hobbies.
You mean capitalists?

I'm mildly irritated by the fact that you used actual bullet points instead of greentext.

No, that makes you the former viewpoint. But, at least admit this, there's a good chance that you could do more and focus more of your effort and time into a mod if you were compensated for your work.

If you're making videogame mods to begin with you're a NEET anyways. If you're a suit in it for the money your mod will be shit anyways.

Um, that's not true?

>copyright trolling into the modding environment will inherently corrupt and cause it to decay
Anyone who thinks that should just fucking kill themselves because it's so stupid.

SJW
>CATER GAMES TO US
Sup Forums
>CATER MODS TO US

How do you duplicate something that doesn't exist?

Capitalism is based on supply and demand, and is not applicable to a platform with unlimited duplication.

You said it, Comrade!

>someone has to read it

That's a massive assumption and it probably isn't true.

>I AM MAD AND YOU ARE DUMB
nice post friend

I mean, I get it. There's a lot of problems with the intellectual property system. and, quite honestly, a lot of people are currently satisfied with how the modding Community exists today. But, this could just be the case of people not knowing how great things could be.

go ahead then pay for collage
pay for mods too
as all the most popular mod authors are going to stick their content behind a paywall

You could think of this, as an example of the lighthouse. But lighthouse being the mod and the steam store being the dock.

Duplication is not creation. You have no unbound creation from labor.

Good. If people will pay for their work they should receive some of the value they currently create for Bethesda.

What is argued both ways. I know that Kenneth Arrow in his paper on intellectual property said that production is separate from creation. He said that the production of a intellectual good is post scarce. Demsetz sets in his reply argue that production and creation cannot be separated such as how supply and demand can't be separated.

At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole

I am really excited.

Also, how the fuck are Bethesda Mods becoming a politically polarising issue? Is everything just there for people to take two diametrically opposing sides to and argue to the bitter death over, no matter how irrelevant and inconsequential it is to life at large?

>there's a good chance that you could do more and focus more of your effort and time into a mod if you were compensated for your work.

>Work

There's your problam user. You're forgetting the vast majority do it as a hobby specifically as a distraction after a day of work.
Gaming and mod making is a form of escapism, very very few view it as a means of employment.

So to answer your question, no, no i wouldn't unless you could offer me the more then the $125,000 i make a year as a part time welder.

There are just a ton of gibs hounds on Sup Forums.

>Is everything just there for people to take two diametrically opposing sides to and argue to the bitter death over, no matter how irrelevant and inconsequential it is to life at large?

First day here?

Well that's the thing, your profession is a welder. Your hobby as a modder is just that, a hobby. Imagine if, someone who specializes in the creation of game content, could shift his work towards modding full time. You would expect technically better mods to be produced than if it was just a hobby. Obviously people, regardless of whether or not they treat game creation as a hobby or profession, make cream and crap. And the idea of what makes a game good is somewhat, but I'd argue that at least on a technical level mods would look play and seem more thoroughly produced if compensation systems were put into place.

Fuck off phoneposter

Agreed, but at the same time, Bethesda is run by people who skim the surplus profit off of physical and intangible products made by workers in order instead of giving it to their workers for their labor, and who need to create new exploitative markets (such as a paid DLC market) to survive in the long run. I am uncertain as to what the hell you would call them other than capitalists.

That's called a kike.

I really don't believe that emails cost $1 million. That's fucking stupid and so is anyone that believes it

Untalented hacks.

Skyrim and fallout have big player bases, but the games themselves are the most bottom of the barrel poorly designed shit, and are at best a chore without mods.

Silly user. You'll never overthrow the bourgeoisie with that mindset.

Well I don't think that's necessarily explaining the whole story. When an employee is paid, his wage is his discounted marginal product. The discounted portion meaning discounted for time. Imagine you have a product, and that product won't be released for say three years, you are wage is kind of like a loan where the interest accrued plus the principal would equal to the marginal product itself and three kind of like a loan where the interest accrued plus the principal would equal to the marginal product itself in three years

>Imagine if, someone who specializes in the creation of game content, could shift his work towards modding full time.

Examples?
How many mod authors would actually benefit from doing mods full time?
Most of the really good ones are that way because they already have jobs in fields that fold over to modding, such as a coder who makes game scripts in their free time or 3D modelers who make weapon/armor mods to pass the time.
You're assuming the skilled ones don't already have jobs. I've been in the community since Morrowind and i can tell you most of them have jobs that pay far more them modding ever could. Quitting a higher paying job to make mods on the cheap doesn't make sense and what little it would pay wouldn't be worth the hassle it would cause in terms of the extra effort it would take to file taxes on all of it or the fact that once you're paid to do the job you're obligated to finish it. If it's free it can be offered on a as/is basis.

The the original Team Fortress was a quake mod and then later the team was picked up by Valve software and hired full-time to make a complete product. I think most people would agree that Team Fortress classic was an overall more well polished and detailed game than the original mod. Sawtooth the original Counter-Strike was just a mod of half life before valve picked up the team, gave them funding, and allowed them to make a complete product.

I'll post on my phone all I want and you can't do a ducking thing to stop me.

So too* I'm phone posting.

Yes, true, most modders today already have careers outside of the game industry. But, what I am suggesting, is that you guys, treating it like a hobby isn't nearly as good as having professional and specialized labor making the content. I don't mean to be ballsy, but the paid modder would probably make a better mod than you in your free time.

Why do you think they are consoleKEKS? They are happy to take it up the ass and down their throat, begging to have paid online and will defend it to the death despite the services being shit.

And what percentage of that of the total modding community would that be? a dozen or so people out of tens of thousands?
The odds of anyone making a legit living from making mods sounds worse then the odds of being a gold medal Olympic athlete.

The rest of the modding community would make less then a few dollars a day, yes that's technically some income, but do you think it's enough to motivate people to do it full time?

Don't pay for it then.

That's cool theory but it breaks down when applied to services (no tangible product produced) or when there's more than one worker involved in making a product (how does one value each worker's contribution to the final product?). Both of those situations are far more common than one worker making one product from start to finish. At the end of the day, no CEO deserves to horde money while those at the bottom of their company have to scrounge and skimp to get by.