Monster Hunter World

>finally open world like we have been asking for
>finally on something besides a gameboy
>finally an update to the physics engine and new ways to maneuver around the world
>finally new skills and weapons to use like we have been asking for

Truly a great day for us MH fans, there was no way I was going to buy a switch just to play MH, same with Wii U, Wii, and 3DS.

Of course people that have been playing on nintendo systems will be super mad about this, but those aren't actual fans of the franchise :P

REJOICE!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/874437932416880640
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-monster-hunter-world-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if its a singleplayer open world mon hun that would get boring SO fast

Finally i dreamed about this since ps3 era.

The biggest thing that's kept me from really enjoying the series is because of how it ran/felt on a handheld. I'm pretty excited about this.

Nah this will of course have co-op and it will be BEAUTIFUL

I've heard that the game has microtransactions? Somebody please prove me wrong?

Hopefully there's a way to turn that glowing thunderbug shit for hints.

I'm cautiously optimistic, the gameplay seems like it might be too far from what we expect of monster hunter games but regardless I'll probably get it.

>tfw 2 Monster games in one year

Even though there's been nothing else at E3 I have two games to look forward to

I still don't see how this is catering to the west. western games don't have as much fun as this, look at the way you grapple back onto a Monster, if it were something like Assassin's Creed or some shit, it would be a QTE event. which is funny since MH on 3DS has several qte events where you press a button to stab during the mount or press the side buttons to avoid getting screamed off.

>finally an update to the physics engine
Did you see that awesome mount?

So is this gonna be on the PC?

>finally open world like we have been asking for
Who asked for this?

>Capcom Vancouver

Into the trash.

yes, but later

>I still don't see how this is catering to the west.
Because you are underage.

sonyfags because they knew they wouldnt get the real deal

this TRAILER was too cinematic

What systems did they say it was for

It's really not catering, they're just people relaying what they read here over and over again.

Source?

>COMING TO PS4, XBOX ONE AND PC

heh nothin personel kid

twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/874437932416880640

No, I'm pretty sure I'm old and have been playing Monster Hunter for quite a long time. you people think that the shit on 3DS is supposed to be the MH standard. If anything it looks like they got the Lost Planet devs for it.

With this and the SOTC remake, Sony won, easy.

Most interesting thing shown at E3 by far.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-monster-hunter-world-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

ONE PC PS4

Honestly, I think this will work as Open World. Just stalking around looking for things to kill. The chases and stuff looked cool, with it trying to get in small places and stuff. Reminded me of the Grigori fight.

>Sony won with a multiplat and a port of a port

Are you a falseflagger?

Literally everyone who has been playing monster hunter since ps2? PSP was honestly the best year for monster hunter, and everyone was expecting it to come to the ps3 in a proper installation and not a port. Instead we got shafted, but they finally gave in and gave us what we wanted :P Don't worry bros you can try this out too since it's coming for all 3 major systems (pc,ps4,xboxx)
PS4, PC, Xbox

Looks like capcom decided to mix Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma
I'm cautiously optimistic

Nigger did you not see the fucking minigun?
This shit is awful.
> you people think that the shit on 3DS is supposed to be the MH standard.
When did I say that, you dumb shit?
Based on the trailer alone, it's clear that they are trying to grab the western audience due to complaints about MH being too difficult to get into.

I don't understand what all the particle effects and that shit he was throwing on the walls was for.
I hope there's a lot more character customization, I want all the qt female hunters.

>just got back to my computer
>start skipping through PS4 conference
>catch a glimpse of a Jawblade in the tumbnail
>pause the video and start pacing around the room thinking it can't be real
Is it embarrassing that I was shaking a bit?

Yes but PC is coming later, also it could be a shitty pc port made by a literal who team.

>he's never played heavy bowgun

I don't see why people would complain about monster hunter being difficult to get into.

Westerners got into dark souls just fine and look how that series turned out

PC, PS4, Xbone, Switch, etc.. Everyone gets to enjoy MH together like a big happy family that doesn't hate/shitpost on each other 24/7! Glorious times! Capcom has saved video games!

I have a Switch AND PC, so no harm done

You can't move with the HBG while doing siege mode faggot.

All of Capcom's recent ports have been top fucking tier though.

>with a multiplat and a port of a port

Not that user but Nintendo does exactly that all the time and no one complains.
And he is correct, it was the most interesting shown so far.

That's because Dark Souls was advertised that way.
The western audience has been bitching about MH ever since it was on the PSP.

I was legit going to buy a Switch just for MH.

But now I'm not.

I have to admit it looks cool and would like to see how they will manage to adapt monster fights to the open world
still if they change the weapon/materials system i will be pretty mad

The game was just announced. We don't know shit beyond what they showed today and that it's on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The PC version coming at a later date.

Then advertise monhun that way

Nah man I was yelling at the live thread to stop saying it was monster hunter as it was happening live. Neighbors banged on the wall.

I never wanted ipen world and if this is just MH Horizon I don't want it

If it's proper MH though i'm hype

Bullshit, I've been playing since ps2 and all I've ever wanted was just slightly better graphics and new areas.
This open world gimmick looks like ass.

>Us MH fans
>Happy about getting the last MH game ever made

No

I hope you don't really have to sneak around and track the monsters, I just want to bash monsters to death

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PALICOES

The audience for MHW is the people that watch the movie.

The movie that's literally about monsters invading New York.

CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC

>no one complains

FUCKING WHAT RETARD

It's spinoff that appeals to western dudebros. None of that weeb shit in this game.

>finally on something besides a gameboy
wut. MH was never on the gameboy. It's not even old enough to have been.

>no one complains
what the fuck are you saying

Yes they could sell it as Dark Souls with Dinosaurs, but it's easier to make it more casual.

> :P

retard alert

>stealth mechanics
>like 3 monster designs shown not counting Rathalos, so probably 10-12 big monsters tops
>literally no one has been asking for open world jesus christ
>detective-vision esque lights that handhold the player to gathering materials
>everything is brown, normal MH aesthetic is completely gone

this be a troll thread

Sure was a lot of New York in that trailer.

It has drop-in/drop-out multiplayer. That's probably what that flare was for in the trailer.

>OPEN WORLD ACTION FOR WESTERN AUDIENCES

Fuck off.

Open world isn't a gimmick, dev's always have limitations due to hardware, but with advancements they can start to make what they have always wanted to a reality.
I don't think the minority of people that complain about it being hard has been noticed, because the developers and gamers alike know it's not.

> Own a PS4.
> Not played any games since Bloodborne.
> Own a Switch.
> Played the one game it has.
> Own a PC.
> Platform I use daily.

So, basically, I can see how long the PC delay will be, maybe get it on the PS4, if not PC.
And if it's a shit casualised Monster Hunter, I can just get the Switch MH.

Sounds good to me.

New York is only part of the movie. After that it's New Yorkers going through the portal to the monster hunter world.

Yeah I played since ps2. The shit ton of rehashes since then got stale though. The formula is good and it works but I'm tired of more of the same.

Looking forward to the modern adaptation of the game. If it's shit, oh well, I'm sure they'll shit out more mainline games forever. But I'm glad the franchise is finally experimenting for real.

And every PS4 could suddenly vanish into the ether so you'd have nothing to play your copy on, you'd be really btfo then hahah... like totally btfo in my fantasy world!

I got more of a Lost Planet vibe, I bet those guys are doing it.

>implying they do

Nintendo fanbase is the one fanbase that shits everything Nintendo puts out.
Even when they do complain they just eat it anyway like the bitches they are.

> MHW massively outsells the portable versions.

> MHW becomes the new mainline.

Sony fucking won, Nintenbros got cucked out of their best franchise.

Daily reminder consoles are getting scraps and that this game looks horrible.

PC already has superior MHO.

It's pretty obvious it just a Skyrim with some MonHun skins. So, if you're a casual who enjoys that kind of games, I think it is ok. But on my case, I think it felt bad. Hell, even the music felt unlike MonHun.

>QTE gameplay
>heavily Sonyfied for the cinematic experience (tm)
>quest system removed
>time limits removed
>number of crafting components reduced to 1/10th of a real MH entry
>always online confirmed
>running away from the monster
>stealth takedowns
JUST

>Open world isn't a gimmick
Work on your English.

>But I'm glad the franchise is finally experimenting for real

Did you not play a single game that came out after Freedom Unite or something? I fucking hate Generations because it experiments TOO MUCH.

MHO is shit

Aside from that I hope MHW has gunlance in it

Please no. The best ideas in that whole trailer was the dynamic anatomy and the stealth. Everything else can stay away.

You're telling me all the threads complain about Zelda being multi plat and MK8 being a port don't exist?

Looks at all these sources you have

>MH's future becomes Ubisoft-tier casual shit

Please no.

Ohhh sorry sensei I didn't see you there, you must hail from nipon! I forgot to take your assumptions as fact! Please stop lol
Game has always has very minute stealth mechanics buddy, and everything they showed was a huge improvement.
Again you're probably just one of those weird people who fight over brand names lol, majority has been asking for this game to come back to good hardware and open world.

This, the "main line" monster in that movie is going to be this T-rex looking fuck that breaths fire. They literally talk about it in the interview.

I never got into Monster Hunter because the gameplay always looked too MMO-like and grindy, the only one I ever played was one on the PSP years back. This looks pretty interesting though, so I might get into it.

Series peaked with MH3U (or arguably 4U) anyway. If World turns out a casual shitfest it's not like we're missing out.

>open world like we've been asking for
I see you don't play MH.

I agree but those were just gimmick features. This one is looking like a complete rework from the ground-up.

It's multiplat.

This, Gameplay looked a bit weird. Cautiously optimistic.
Graphics and designs are really good though

Are you blind, or have been living under a rock? this looks and feels just like a Skyrim, Fallout or Assassins Creed. Made for western babies who can't handle hardcore gaming

>Game has always has very minute stealth mechanics buddy, and everything they showed was a huge improvement.

>bringing back swimming i.e. one of the worst received mechanics from the mainline series is a huge improvement

there were MH games before 4U btw check them out :P

>casualized shit
>truly a great day
nah
this isn't monster hunter. this is tripe with monster hunter's name on it.

Just realize this is nothing like the other MH games.

>Hunting styles and Arts, core mechanics, are gimmick features

Are you fucking retarded? Grappling hooks and stealth grass are way more gimmicky than fucking ENTIRE CHANGES to the combat system.

>tfw optimistic because toukiden made an fun open world huntan game

>Generations was just gimmicks
>But this grappling hook here? Totally not a gimmick, this is exactly what everyone wanted

>New weapons
>Underwater combat
>Climbing and mounting
>Gimmick features

As opposed to what?

BATMAN DETECTIVE VISION?
OPEN WORLD?

>Designs are really good
>Turkey-Rex
>Good

I could see this doing very well on PC if its actually good.

>superior
>MHO

Pick one, MHO is basically exactly like you'd expect it, a bad chinese ripoff of an actual brand.