Best game announced this E3. Prove me wrong

Best game announced this E3. Prove me wrong.

I was about to post the exact same thing desu

How did this look any different from the slew of other bland western third person shooters we saw this year?

I think Skull & Bones was a sleeper for the most interesting game at E3. That black flag ship combat stuff was great and a competitive multiplayer version of that sounds fun.

agreed. i think i need to replay Metro 2033, i don't remember much of it nowadays.

1/10 for the effort

>how does X game look different from the other [genre that X is from] games that we saw?
Gee I dunno, maybe watch the trailer and find out.

>Skull & Bones
Oh shit, yeah. For sure a runner up.

About the only thing im taking from this e3 is metro, MH, and hope that swbf2 wont be shit

I mean, to be fair the trailer is just another really pretty metro game. BUT THIS TIME YOU CAN TAKE OFF THE MASK AND THERE'S ACTUAL OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENTS.

its not third person first of all

>pic related saved the E3

Not so fast

Are the reduxes good? They're bundled together for 7.49 on steam.

>is just another really pretty metro game
And that's bad how? Metro has a cool style to it, and definitely is gorgeous, and this game is supposedly open world, making it closer to the same vein as Stalker. I welcome it.

Didn't know Russia counted as western.

Redux versions are trash, they basically took all of the unique qualities out of the gameplay. Play the originals if you can spring for them

I for one am looking forward to Boy Band Sega Bass Fishing in VRâ„¢

>announced this E3
Can you not read?

That was 2016

Skull & Bones you squab. Love me some shanties.

Fuck, I was hoping that wasn't true. They won't sell the old versions on sale.

I know, but I wouldn't call it the best thing at E3 this year.

Then what is?

What are your hopes for it?

I seen a lot of people saying for the train to be a motherbase type thing

I want a worm cult appearance

Played through the first one years ago but can't really remember it. How long does it take to beat? Thinking about spending tomorrow just blazing through it in the moments I get overwhelmed with Nioh.

>BUT THIS TIME YOU CAN TAKE OFF THE MASK AND THERE'S ACTUAL OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENTS.
you could always take off the mask and there were outdoor segments, you must not have played metro

you are not wrong
>open ended level design
holy FUCK I am hype

It's not as drastic as he says, but there is a slight difference.
Here's some comparison for gunplay

That and Wolfestein 2

Worm cult and some Satanists. More Hansa. We barely see those guys.
Best game for E3. Open world Metro Kurwa blyat!

This game also looked p cool assuming it doesn't get downgraded to hell and back.

I'm just expecting a more casual version of Blackwake with smaller playercounts and crappy P2P.

More comfy destroyed Russian villages and forests.

slavs

>assuming it doesn't get downgraded to hell and back.
Did you see how beautiful that fucking jungle was?
There's no way any piece of modern graphics hardware weaker than a 1080ti could push all of that at 4K/30.

Maybe it will look kinda close at least? The game looked interesting enough either way, not like Bioware's other recent games in quality.

>western

I'm hyped for this...and a little scared about how open world could work with metro

>2033 had the library
>Last Light had spiders
I hope that Exodus will finally show us what a slimeslug looks like in a level like those, they're supposed to live in the surface iirc. Maybe we'll also hear more about the plane that one of the rangers mentioned during the church level.

>Ubisoft
>Multiplayer games

It did look interesting but they're going to ruin it the same way they did For Honor.

I wanna like these games, but god are they both linear and boring. Probably boring from the fact it's so linear. I'm excited at the prospect of larger maps though.

Probably Monster Hunter: World or unironically that Mario X-Com game 2bh

You didn't even enjoy them for one playthrough? The atmosphere alone made it worthwhile to me. I'm glad it's opening up though.

>large sandbox maps

Translation: they'll take away from a good linear story and put it into stupid collectibles around a dull map

>open world
no
just open levels
like bfbc1

I didn't play Last Light. At that point I just decided to read the books. I'll probably pick Last Light up before the next one comes out and run through it.

I want to hear more about the weird growling in Last light during Ghost Town. That growling/ambient breathing gave a very chilling experience.

>windows 10 exclusive

uff
ok that's nice too

Yes

>forgetting what dual booting is
>in the year of our goddamn lord 2k17

What's wrong with windows 10?
It has come miles from the initial build, latest one let you disable most telemetry shit and its faster than using windows 7

so what was the pulsating flesh monster in the missile bunker ?

MHW is cool but it doesn't beat this game.

>Mario X-com game
lol you can't be serious

>those sounds of footsteps and keys inside the apartments
>the ranger tape in the first house
That shit was uncomfortable as fuck, it was almost as bad as the second tunnel with the spiders.

Well, opinions and all that.

>no actual gameplay shown
I'm sure it'll be pretty good like the other Metro games, but they could have shown us something real.

>metro series already done in Last Light
>lol let's milk the fuck out of it!

It looks like it might be open world or at least hub-based as well. perhaps this will finally be STALKER 2 after all, instead of all the shitty multiplayer STALKER survival games on Steam.

I've hardly even played Metro and I know in Last Light you're outside really early on. Making your way to the hive or something. Like I said, I barely played it.

>author writes a 3rd book and works alongside developers to make a game of it
>milking

>metro series already done in Last Light
If you're only counting the games made by the original writer we're still missing 2034. There's also a fuckton of other books in the franchise set in other metros in Kaliningrad, Saint Petersburg and Rome.

I can't.

>metro series is focused on humans doing what they can to survive in the underground
>established that going outside means you're fucked
If they were going to make it open world, why not just make a new STALKER game instead?

There's some actually pretty decent ones.
Metro Exodus, Dragon Ball FighterZ or however it's called, Monster Hunter Worlds...

It looked super railroaded although it was oj the surface where it shouldn't be.
Also slow as hell.
How are people too dumb to read this singe line? He says it LOOKs like bland western shit and he's right. Russkies are too retarded to read as always

>open world
At this point I can't tell whether it's just shitposting or people just not reading.

Yeah, but that's not much of a compliment considering how shit this year was.

>reeeeee why all games have niggers
>show deep and honest world setting
>reeeeee it's a just a dull game

It's a Frostbite game, they're usually fairly consistent between what we're shown at E3 and we get on release.

Reminder that facial animations have absolutely nothing to do with texture resolution, draw distance, or ""downgrade"" memes. Mass Effect andromeda is a steaming pile of garbage because they put zero time and effort into their animations and hired shitty animators. Bloodlines is on a buggy version of the original Source and it still beats most AAA titles today because they hand animated facial features to match dialogue.

I'm worried about Anthem being good for a whole lot of reasons (modern Bioware, looter-shooter with tacked on RPG elements, potentially no story and forced grouping, always online, microtransactions, EA) but whether or not the game looks pretty or not is not one of them.

Destiny looked great, doesn't mean the game wasn't a god damn piece of shit

redux last light is better, buy original 2033

o kurwa.

>Bioware

How he can remove his mask?

I only played the first game and IIRC you can't remove it because is fatal the air in the surface.

You may be shitposting but that fucking Rabbids game was actually more impressive than a lot of the shit this E3.

>Overused 28 Days Later music
>Up to my tits in scripted "oh no monster that jumped out of nowhere and tackled me and its gonna kissy my face"
>was literally so predictable that I knew the moment we saw a ladder that there was going to be a struggle mid-way up with one of the monsters trying to drag you down.
>we get an "outside"
>it actually looks like it's just the same claustrophobic metro-like layout but with the illusion of being open world with the open sky.
>giant fucking scripted bear attack but they at least tried to act it out as if it was real combat
>a creature the size of a semi truck engine somehow can be defeated with a couple of crossbow bolts that couldn't possibly have more than 400lbs of torque behind them.
>wait why is he not using the shotgun did they forget about this

I think you were supposed to notice that. The surface seemed very hospital in general. It will probably be part of the story.

People in Last Light mentioned how the radiation levels were going down. We also have no idea of how much time passed since then.

The combat sequence was scripted just like Last Light's E3 reveal you daft cunt.
And I would assume there was no more ammo for the shotgun. Because aren't guns supposed to run out of ammo?

Yes and Last Light was up to its tits with those unavoidable scripted in your face cut-scenes.

Heck even the "boss" fight near the end is combat with a bunch of scripted events.

It had stealth which was easy as fuck which worked as a copout to actual combat.

They made an increased difficulty setting which did nothing other than modify ammo scarcity and damage variables as "Ranger Mode" DLC you had to fucking pay for.

Metro Last Light commits every "cinematic" video game sin orders of magnitude greater than Ubishit and was certainly not above jewy DLC tactics like them but we give it a pass because it reminds us of Stalker.

Should I get the Redux versions for PS4 or try to get the originals working on my potato

It could be the best game, but it was one of the worst announcements.

Originals won't run on what I'd call a potato, and the redux aren't bad. I'd say the redux are almost as good, not different enough to warrant not playing two great games.

It doesn't, people here are just biased

Because its not western, its slav

The only people who should be handling FPS games