Every other company automatically lost the second this was shown

Every other company automatically lost the second this was shown

>A remake that nobody asked for

Don't get me wrong, I loved SotC and will definitely pick this up, but is this is the best we can expect from modern gaming then that's pretty sad

Sadly, I agree. The only actual new game so far I'm remotely excited for is Wolfenstein 2. And I don't even like FPS that much.

Let me know when they make SotC 2 and then maybe I'll get excited.

A remake of a game that already has a HD remaster, meanwhile the Xbone will now be backwards compatible with all previous consoles.

>we won a conference by remaking a game that was remastered just a couple of years ago

What a fucking joke gaming is these days.

>tfw you'll never be able to recreate the feeling of hunting secrets and myths posted on the GameFAQs message boards

imagine if they add the scrapped Colossi

>This is what you Sony fans believe
KEK, that was a good one user

Lots of salty MS fanboys in here.

>2nd go at modernizing SotC
>Still probably runs at 30 fps

>A remaster of a decade old game
>Winning

?

I hope they do, this feels pretty pointless otherwise.

If they don't I'll wait until it's in the bargain bin. Already beat SotC like 5 times, all the time trials, and fucked around with the extra items so much I just can't be assed unless it has new content.

Is this really the best E3 had to offer? A fucking remake of SoTC?

Where's the fucking new games? I come to E3 for exciting new games.

>a re-release of a re-release is the biggest thing at your conference

kind of telling isn't it

We already have an HD remaster, I want to see something new not another goddamn remake of a good game. I'm not going to replay it just because it has some higher definition textures, besides I think it takes away from Fumito Ueda's original vision. The original was a master of lower poly and economical texture/color work

Golly gee, I can't wait to play another game that I've already played! AAA gaming is truly saved!

Behold our true hero

If a remaster makes a company win E3 then video games truly are dead

>can't make The Last Guardian be good
>let's remake SOTC instead
absolutely disappointed

And they didn't even fix the fucking camera in GoW, it still looks like melee generic Naughty Dog game.

>We already have an HD remaster
Yeah and it plays and looks like ass. I also replayed this again recently and I'll be getting the remake assuming they revamp the controls. I want to experience this game with modern controls and graphics while I'm at it.

A fucking remake.

>a remake of a classic masterpiece
>not winning

????

>mfw they arn't adding the cut colossus

To be fair, the best announcement this week so far is a remaster of a twenty (20) year old RTS that's borderline obsolete in the first place.

>can't make The Last Guardian be good
>let's remake SOTC instead
Different devs, so this point makes no sense

>A remake OF A REMAKE

It's dead, Jim

I thought it was a sequel for a sec. I love SOTC but come the fuck on. Just give us a second one, and don't make it an online open-world prequel.

That being said I'm still interested in playing it.

Are you talking about E3 2004 when the game was announced? I assume you aren't talking about the 4th remake/port/remaster/re-release of the game. I know it's fun to buy the exact same game literally every single gen, but this meme needs to stop.

Sony baited everybody into basically showing the same conference they had last year

Remake of a remaster you fucking idiot. Theres a difference

>I thought it was a sequel for a sec.
Same here. I saw that bridge and OH SHIT.
But nope, just the same game. Twice.

>still same colossi
This is a good news for people who didn't try SOTC in the first place. People who played it are already spoiled gameplay wise. Finding the weak points was part of experience. SHOC has little replay value.

A remake is very different than a remaster.

a remake of a remaster

uh... ill rent it maybe.

>A remake OF A REMASTER
That's still fucking sad, user.

This is an actual remake, right?
Another remaster is pointless when we got a decent one last gen. 4K is not that big of a deal.

But the same series.
SOTC didn't need a remake, it doesn't even feel dated. Shit, the climbing mechanics are ridiculously in vogue.

They could've dedicated that time into something new, goddamn it

The dark souls of stewart little.

>TLG comes out
>it's pretty fun
>fans and critics ignore it and it gets little buzz
>well we might as well just give up on creativity and innovation and remake SotC even though it just got a remaster it didn't even need in the first place

This is gonna be such a forgettable game and it's gonna have the highest metacritic score ever. A new age of shitposting is upon us.

I don't understand why this exists when SOTC is still a good looking game

I'm sure they will
as paid DLC

>Xbone will now be backwards compatible
Nice, i can't wait to play old xbox game like... uuh...

Is it going to be directed by Ueda? I'm a huge fan of SotC, but this just looks generic as fuck. It doesn't really have the artstyle the original one had. And they better add more colossi and add more regions to the map, otherwise it's just going to be a pile of shit.

A remake of the original you retards

Cute mouse.

What kind of fantasy world do you live in?
TLG was one of the most hyped games of the century, that is not even up for debate.
When it finally came out it was pretty damn mediocre but was either met with a "it is alright I guess" or not talked about by both critics or fans alike since nobody actually wanted to shit on it.

I don't think so; genDESIGN aren't attached to this. Don't forget that Team Ico don't actually exist as part of Japan Studio anymore and TLG was only completed because he had a contractual obligation to Sony.

>calling the PS3 version a remaster

Fuck me your standards are low, it was broken ass port at best. The good thing about this remake is it'll introduce new players to the best of team ico works with modern graphics/controls and the game is actually good. No one wants to play that ancient ass hd collection not even you so shut the fuk up

I seriously hope it's not just the same game again. It has to have something new right?

I mean I'm greatful it's coming out and all but I've played SotC to death at this point, like four times on PS2, three times on PS3, I emulated it on PC once, I played it in 3D, I played it in 1080/60. Updated visuals really aren't enough for a game I bought a second time already as recently as 2011.

Wait, what's so bad about the port? Only played the PS2 version.

crimson skies, fable, mech warrior, grabbed by the goulies (guilty pleasure of mine fuck off) steel battalion

What kind of fantasy world do you live in? Nobody actually gave a shit about TLG by the time it came out. It's not FFXV or KH3.

>They could've dedicated that time into something new, goddamn it
Bluepoint doesn't do anything new

I'll pick it up if, and only if, we get at least one of the unreleased colossus.
Worm or dragon are tops, monkey is okay too, worm may be 2spooky

It's solid 30 fps, I guess he likes 15 fps experience.

Jet Set Radio Future is legit.

I hope its less boring this time.

The back to back MHW and SotC reveal was dope.
Shame about the rest of the conference.

Did you not read my post? Everyone knew it was coming out.
Nobody wanted to talk about it once it came out because it was heavily flawed unlike its predecessors.

Its an actual remake with current gen graphics of a already amazing classic.
Not just another stupid "HD" release.
Sony won, period.

>wait years for a new game
>release 2 apps for the phone
>oh wow the game is dead

I hope that they build a new one if this sells well but I know they are just remastering it for the shekels.

Honestly remake doesn't look that drastically better, more visible differences being Wander skin having more colors and world vegetation. Original SOTC still looks very good.

I thought you were smarter, futaba.

Low framerate and render distance, that about the only complain.
It is also slightly harder, but unless you're an actual retard it should still be manageable by even the most novice of gamers.

Except it wasn't, and anyone with any taste knows that. Nobody gave a shit because everyone has shit taste now. Easier to remake your most casual game with big ebin bosses and catchy music than it is to craft new experiences I guess.

>Beta Colossi get added
>New super sekrits added like extended hidden grove or more

>PS3 remaster
>low framerate
Dude, PS2 version was a literal slide show.

TLG was ICO but less charming and more infuriating.
It also came out 16 years later.
I agree it had no chance of living up to the expectations that were set for it though.

it's a puzzle game, I still remember how to beat them all, it looks like they arent changing them up at all

Not consoles. Select games.

There were no expectations by the time it came out. Critics gave it mediocre scores because they had nothing to say, not because it was bad, it fulfilled its goals perfectly and the tiny target audience loved it. Games have moved past slow-paced, deliberate experiences and into the world of constant emotional gratification, usually in the form of virtual rewards, but also with constant audiovisual stimulation and overbearing stories, resulting in games with no interactivity.

If the game was actually bad it would've received shitposting non-stop from Sup Forums like FFXV. But it wasn't bad, just niche

TLG is a dying breed, SotC fits in better

Should have been a PS4 launch title, who gives a flying fuck now if they aren't even adding new colossi.

The expectations were sky high until the reviews started to come in.
That's the thing, there was nothing that outstanding about it. Sure if you liked ICO you will probably have some interest in TLG, but at the same time there is nothing in TLG that will amaze you if you have already played ICO. And I personally find ICO far superior.
>the tiny target audience loved it.
What "target audience"? Because I know a lot of people that liked ICO who definitely didn't "love" TLG due to Trico's horrible AI.

I don't disagree that SotC has a wider appeal than TLG.

This is the reason why it will suck. Whoever remade it doesn't "get" the original art style and what made it special. They just tried to make it look like uncharted

TLG proved to me that the auteur theory doesn't apply to video games. It wasn't a terrible game but that development cycle showed Ueda being the sigular auteur didn't result in a better game but in many ways probably impeded and hurt that game's development.

TLG was not worth the near decade of development and didn't have a polish of a game that spent ten years in the oven. I think what most people wanted was another game like Shadow of the Colosus, one that was that creative with bold new ideas, but TLG felt regressive. It's obvious now with this announcement what Sony wanted out of him was another SotC and honestly that probably would have been preferable.

>In an interview, Ueda also stated he would like to create a first person shooter after finishing The Last Guardian, citing Half-Life 2 as a source of interest

Cool, I want to see a Japanese FPS.

>explore a gigantic world full of fucking nothing

muh kino

>if they aren't even adding new colossi.
is this confirmed?

The first game Ueda worked on was first person.

We didn't see anything new from the trailer, maybe they'll add something new but so far all we have to go on is this is a 1:1 remake of the original with the only change being graphics.

I thought that was a point and click game called "d"

>of fucking nothing
sounds like someone hasn't played the game

>target audience

People who appreciate highly interactive and deliberate games. It's an even smaller audience than Ico's fandom, at least nowadays.

Complaining about Trico's AI kind of illustrates the point exactly. Trico is a big animal the player character is struggling to direct, hence the player must struggle to control him, and this dynamic is pulled off perfectly. This is a game for people who appreciate those kinds of experiences.

Not him but there really is nothing, but the worst thing about the game is the navigation mechanic.

Shadow of the God of the Colossus of War of the Planet of the Apes 2018

>but the worst thing about the game is the navigation mechanic
Thanks for reminding me that I'm posting on the same imageboard as a bunch of literal children.

They tweaked and fucked up one of the animations and it make the game a little less perfect

Another user illustrating my () point right here:

Don't be surprised when the remake has a minimap and a compass and a text blurb popping up on the screen explaining where to go and the horse moves like a car

Oh come on, I'm not asking for a waypoint marker but I get misled and have to ride my horse all the way around the block.
That being said, the game is well worth playing.

I legit hope they make Agro's AI worse.

I found it quite hilarious to run around getting my ass handed to me when I need to be ON Agro. But no, Agro's across the fucking map living it up.

>Complaining about Trico's AI kind of illustrates the point exactly. Trico is a big animal the player character is struggling to direct, hence the player must struggle to control him, and this dynamic is pulled off perfectly. This is a game for people who appreciate those kinds of experiences.
But Trico's AI doesn't work that way at all. It stays infuriating throughout the whole game.
If the AI actually got better to show that the character and Trico got better at understanding each other throughout the game then that would have added to the experience. If anything, it makes him feel more artificial.

It's like training a dog, but the dog doesn't actually learn anything.

SotC is one of my favorite games but I couldn't get excited; it's just a remake and we didn't see any new content. If this is the best E3 has had so far then that's really sad

the remasterstation is a fantastic console!

It speaks a lot about the state of the industry that a remake of a ps2 game is MILES ahead of anything else

PLEASE
DO THIS
DON'T FAIL ME NOW JAPAN

tfw breath of the wild wasn't even exclusive on launch...