Timeline of events

1. Paid mods
2. Some Free mods accused of looking too similar to some Paid mods
3. Banning of Free mods
4. Paid mods content becomes more restrictive, "family friendly", etc. Overall quality decreases while prices go up steadily.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XRkrascT_iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Banning lewd mods

Yeah not going to happening without serious consequences. Masturbating is the only way to sedate some crazy people.

You people are fucking retarded, quality will objectively be up since they have internal staff and QC/QA working on these, they're more or less freelance/contracted DLC.

They're still shit, but this is great for anyone that wants to work in the industry and an easy way to build up your portfolio and show you meet deadlines.

Free mods still exist and are completely seperate.

>Don't worry guys! These "official" mods will still work with your achievements!
I'm fucking sold duh ha!

>Those dislikes
I know it doesn't matter, but I still like seeing it.

As long as the nexus exists idgaf.

>Valve tries this shit
>literally everyone hates it
>it gets removed
Why would Bethesda try to do the same shit? Are they retarded?

>What is poking fun at yourself?

Why do you people still play nu-Bethesda games?
I can't imagine why anyone would do that to themselves post Oblivion.

They need a way to continuously milk Skyrim and Fallout 4, and they'll keep coming up with new ways to do so. There won't be a new TES for years.

You don't understand, it was Valve's fault paid mods didn't work, not Bethesda.

This, unless Bethesda somehow gets rid of nexus none of this will ever matter

I used to think skyrim was good when it first came out. I thought my friends just had no patience and shit taste. Little did I know that I was the one with shit taste.

Man Oblivion was 11 years ago? It seems simultaneously older and newer than that.

Obnoxious and unhelpful?

This is an attempt to make paid mods the standard and control them, those jews spotted an opening in the console market. It's up to PC gamers to stop this in its tracks.

as long as Nexus and Moddb exists, their "paying for mods" idea won't work very well

There is nothing we can do.
Console gamers will lap up paid mods because they don't know any better, and as a result it will become the norm and affect the rest of us.
Just wait for a few years when Sup Forums calls you a contrarian for complaining about it.

All these paid mod apologist should be aware that Bethesda will undoubtedly tighten the noose on their modding tools slowly sussing out other mod sources. I'm certain that Bethesda will totally not boil the frog here by eventually locking down their mod support entirely. If you want to support a mod creator donate to them and give them 100% of the monetary benefit rather then Bethesda's "Milestone" payment. Which I'm sure they will make fair and in the modders benefit.

Can someone explain how could this fucking crab realistically get a set of fucking dwarven armor on him? Also, what kills the crab now?

So how exactly are they going to handle mods that require multiple different mods to function?

>So how exactly are they going to handle mods that require multiple different mods to function?
They don't. Everything has the be original work.

>Can someone explain how could this fucking crab realistically get a set of fucking dwarven armor on him?

Whatever it was it wasn't the gods.

They won't, mods will need to be self sufficient. As in regards to items such as script extensions which are already not supported on consoles they will not be valid to be sold on their creation service.

the fuck is this shit? they're doing paid mods again?

youtube.com/watch?v=XRkrascT_iM
Enjoy

>Bethesda works with Valve to get paid mods setup
>Valve does so
>People get pissed
>Valve removes it to avoid getting more bad PR
>Bethesda decides to do it themselves

>they have internal staff and QC/QA working on these, they're more or less freelance/contracted DLC

then sell them as normal packs of content instead of nickel-and-diming people for nothingburgers