Thoughts on Days Gone?

Thoughts on Days Gone?

Meh. I will wait for a sale

One of the better looking games at this E3.

Looks like utter trash even by the standards of western AAA games. Every dollar invested was a waste.

more like Interest Gone

Heavily scripted cinematic experience trash.

Probably the most unoriginal game of the show

Looks like it was once a Last of Us spin-off but they added too much gameplay so had to rebrand it.

everything wrong with western games - the game

Curious about the zombified animal combat and which animals can be zombified. I just want to mow down tons of zombies and hunt zombie animals. I'm probably going to ignore the story until I absolutely have to.

Metal Gear Zombie

gameplay is exactly the same as uncharted 4
which was garbage

That preview was too scripted, and the stealth gameplay makes the game looks like The Order: Zombie Apocalypse.
But the past preview had gunplay so don't know. Not very interested.

I don't know, it didn't look like Metal Gear: Survive to me.

Thw setting looks great. People being forced to move to the country side to avoid a place of zombies that later crawl all over the place sounds very cool. It's what The Last Of Us should have been instead of a walking-through-sewers simulator.

The problem is that the gameplay looks completely ass. Like, not inherently bad, but it's the same fucking thing as every uncharted, horizon, last of us, assassin's creed, etc.

I think it has a lot more to show, but so far its okay-ish.

It doesn't really have anything that stands out for me, good graphics is not enough, everyone got those these days.

What the fuck are these studios thinking? Don't they know they're making the most generic trash ever?

All of my hype died the moment I saw a QTE.
The cliche shit of 1) stealth grass and 2) ~completely silent~ melee takedowns did not help remedy my discontent.

How does he have magical bahma of rivia vision?

>Stumbles over a loud-as-fuck tin can alarm system
>Only one guy investigates while the rest of the camp doesn't give a shit

I'm also really fucking tired of the "gangs killing each other and fixing their businesses in middle of the apocalypse" bullshit.

Nice movie.

all bikers have that, that's how the fix their bikes and stuff

Uninspired garbage.

>unironically zombies in the year of our Lord, 2017

Was that fucking Sam Witwer?

as someone who wears a backwards hat always im fucking optimistic

itll feel like im playing myself

inb4 insults go fuck yourselves

Pretty meh. State of Decay 2 will be better.

Truth be told? I'm interested. Last year, I had 0 interest, but this year, they made it look fun with the stealth, and using people as bait for the zombies. Granted, I also liked The Last of Us, and people claim I'm a Sonyngger for it, so.

Its the only game that I actually fully tuned into.

I know nothing about it, but judging by the picture, I assume it's a game based off of Sons of Anarchy?

One of the most interesting games shown. Definitely getting it.

Every single aspect of this game just screams mediocrity. I bet even game journos won't like it.

Looks fucking good. Looked way better than anything shown throughout the conference. Yes even better than MonHun. Fuck MonHun

>they made it look fun with the stealth

That type of stealth stopped being fun 5 games ago.

CINEMATHAHFVGA SHIT
LOOKS DULL BORING
WTF I

it looks.. fun but I know I'll never be able to discuss it on Sup Forums due to shitposting, back to 2015 days

Literally Horizon Zero Dawn Last of Us Ride to Hell: Zombie Edition

That's precisely why they are making it. The Office Jews have determined that this is the perfect mixture of all the things that sell.

yeah

its a spiritual successor to the TV show

kurt sutter is involved

It's basically SoA with WWZ zombies.

I like it

>lol ill make this clever joke where I join the titles of other games to make a point. Even if the game hasnt released yet or even the fact that those games arent even remotely alike other than being third person.

Go watch a Keemstar stream or some shit

>The problem is that the gameplay looks completely ass

What kind of gameplay do you want for this type of setting? DBZ powers? Fucking hell

So make a different setting. It's not like the setting is interesting or good to begin with. There is no merit here.

Sony showed the wrong zombie game.

How about /ourguy/ Sam Witwer?!

Well its their game so they can make how they want retard. You dont wanna play dont fucking buy. Or start your own game company. Or dont. No one gives a shit. Quite literally

At least they didn't show it twice for no reason this time.

>Sony showed the wrong zombie game.

No, they showed the right one. I think you're mistaking this game with that movie called...Something of us?

It looks good, probably better than Horizon whiich people also talked shit about endlessly but was decent in the end.

Something that doesn't involve crouching between two leaves of high grass to be completely invisible.
Something that doesn't involve enemies being fucking retarded and dying one by one.

Something different than every fucking game released this and last generation.

I already dropped the walking dead years ago and this has zero new or interesting game elements.

flop/10.

Looks like it got a graphical boost, too. The first gameplay shown was very unpolished. I'm impressed with Bend, they're a pretty small studio and they're making something very ambitious.

>hide in tall grass
>instantly kill anyone walking by

why does this exist

>The walking dead

Heavy Rain, Beyond Two souls and Detroit Become Human are all superior.

The 2016 gameplay was absolute shit.

Hype's Gone.

It's one of the most generic games I have ever seen.

But there's almost no gameplay at all.

As a reminder to mow your lawn so this never happens to you.

Have zero interest in and I don't plan to buy it even on sale.

how is it different from the last of us?

This actually has gameplay.

In the end, this honestly looked a lot more interesting than GOW and I'm really interested.

It looked better than last year, not fully sold but I'll keep an eye out. Interested to see that fucking Zombie Bear thing

More generic zombie survival games. This time it's single player. Yawn. How is it that the last interesting zombie game released was fucking ZombiU?!

You're in a thread about people's opinions of this limp-dicked garbage. Take your hurt feelings elsewhere.

The Last of Us: Ride To Hell would have been a way better title than Days Gone.

>2016 E3
Heavy optimism, looked like it might be a cool open world zombie game that's deeper than shit like L4D and Dying Light, but also more immersive/realistic than DayZ.
>2017 E3
TLoU, biker dude edition. Into the fucking trash it goes.

Cinematic games don't interest me. I want hard numbers or formulas to manipulate and specific/controlled inputs because I'm autistic. These people are never going to write a story worth paying attention to because if they could then they wouldn't be writing for videogames, I don't understand why they try.

If Last of Us didn't already exist people would be way more excited. I actually feel kind of bad for the developers I'm getting some major "Cobbler and the Thief" vibes from this game.

>Game actually has a strong, white, straight male protagonist

I'm actually more surprised with this.

>thoughts
What kind of thought can you have about the game. Everything they showed was just walking from one scripted event to another. It can't even be called a game.

Looks boring as fuck

Also why did so many bandits or whoever the fuck make their camp right next to a zombie feeding ground?

>Cinematic games
How can a open world game be cinematic....

Says the person deep throating the game when the user you're replying to is discussing actual mechanics and not just saying
>I don't like X
or
>I like X
No matter how much you like something, it can be objectively shitty. If your defense is "fuck you I like it" it's probably objectively bad.

The animations are totally different, character models don't look like Uncharted clones, Less emphasis on story and more emphasis on open world exploration with a motorcycle gimmick and enless waves of zombies. Last of us is more confined and lineraly focused.

It's cool if you don't like t, but that Boss fight with the bear at the end looked like it could be alright.

The most boring and generic trash ever.

I speak for every one here when I say ITS A FUCKING WHITE MALE

>gameplay
can you show me because I can't seem to find it. All I saw was a person moving forward from one scripted event to the next. It's like watching a shitty movie.

kino

it will be a non homosezual horizon with better combat and traversal and an actual interesting little soap opera

*endless
*linearly

Fuck I've been awake way too long

> but that Boss fight with the bear at the end looked like it could be alright.
did they show an actual fight involving gameplay? I didn't catch that. How do you know it's not ended in another cutscene?

>it can be objectively shitty.
Not that user, but this is only true for certain games. You know those games so I won't waste characters explaining. This game looks decent at best, and could be a sleeper hit sorta deal.

>Well its our game so we can make how we want retard. You dont wanna play dont fucking buy. Or start your own game company. Or dont. No one gives a shit. Quite literally
Fixed that for you. This type of response to criticism is why your game is bad.

>IT'S A FUCKING WHITE MALE

Is that your way of prasing it or trashing it?

Bad demo, didn't show the open world in any meaningful way, came off as another highly-scripted CINEMATIC game. Might as well have been Last of Us 2 based on that demo. The game might turn out good but that demo gave me nothing to be excited about except maybe how many zombies they have on screen at a time.

I'm not going to entertain you. It's open world. So that should put your lame excuse into the trash.

more like

Im trashing it, comrade

Like I said, it looks like it might be cool, Bear was a cliffhanger. That one fat Boss in the Last of Us isn't a QTE fight and is fun, Horizon boss fights are also not QTE dependent

>I also wear a backwards hat 24 7

The fire rises brother

Confused at why Sony is throwing so much of their weight behind this. It looks serviceable, but they have a much more interesting franchise with a similar setting

If something is designed poorly, you can explain how. That doesn't prevent someone from enjoying it regardless, but it can be explained. An example would be leveling in Oblivion. I doubt you'll argue that it can be described as "just not being your taste" rather than bad on a functional level. You can only use "not your type of game" to defend so much. If it's badly made, it's badly made.

>dere was no gaemplay
xbox dementia is real

>but that Boss fight with the bear at the end looked like it could be alright.
The fact you bring this up...god damn my man. I feel bad about the amount of jade you've yet to reach.

So instead of having the map guide you, you now have the option to fuck off sideways for a little bit until you want to follow your batman vision piss trail back to what ever scripted sequence your game log has you marked at. I see.

The tensity of walking up to a field of zombies was really cool.

Otherwise no real gameplay. Standard modern-Sony fare, will likely Youtube it.

Uhm, so you're a___ what exactly? Non-white male? White Female? Asian? I'm curious please be truthful as this is fascinating

>not going to entertain you
You said it has gameplay as if you already have knowledge of what the gameplay is like. I simply wanted to see what the source of that confidence was. Sorry if you can't refer me to a single thing to depict that gameplay you just referred to in an attempt to prove someone wrong.