>2016
>Gets revealed at E3
>Showcased as some cool murder mystery kind of game where your dialogue choices matter and how you handle perps matters
>Playing as an off duty copy, police guy on a mission

>2017
>Suddenly andoird anarchists who piss off humans by blowing up their homes and rebeling
>Stick it to the man, fuck you attitude
>Protag is now an android who rallies other androids to fight humans and take back their "rights"

What the fuck happened? I was legitimately excited for this a year ago, and now this? I'm so confused... What the fuck did they do?

it's either episodic or it'll follow multiple protagonists

(((BLACKED)))

Yeah....something felt completely off. I am now less interested in this game after seeing tonight's trailer.

Focus groups decided they wanted more DIVERSITY

Are you dumb? Its still what the game is about. It just shows it from a different perspective, this was the same thing in Heavy Rain trailers.

This.

It's like people here have never played a David Cage movie before.

I'll get it purely because it's one of those rare games that'll probably let you play completely pacifistic.

Then the second playthrough I'll go full edgelord.

More than likely the game follows multiple protagonists. I only want the detective part, and nothing else. I'm afraid that the game isn't going to have much of the detecive side, and more of the blow stuff up guy. I'll wait and see.

Pretty much it does follow multiple protagonists, anyone that has played a David Cage game knows that. It just shows things from perspectives.

>all that racebaiting in the trailer
no fucking thanks

Right here. The cop from last year made an appearance in the new trailer.

It got culturally enriched. Whats wrong? Youre not a racist are you?

>Videogame with multiple character has a different story, themes and choices for every character leading to many possible endings
OH NO WHAT HAVE THEY DONE

Heavy Rain you retard

This. I want to be the MLK of androids.

Look bud Im an all round racists just like the next guy. But what the fuck is wrong with what was shown? This whole Android vs Human thing is a long running narrative in gaming. Honestly your political shit should stay out of this board.

How'd it go from that to BLM with androids?

/pol fuck off. You clearly are trying to perpetuate the stupid bullshit again. If it shows it from multiple protoganists there is nothing to worry about.

Multiple protagonists, however I for one have no fucking desire to play any game where you're even a part of the time one of these pseudo-antifa/BLM scum.

meant to reply to

Literally at the end of both trailers
>My name is X and this is our story

It's a David Cage game, all choices are illusions.

I'm sick of the whole "oppressed robots who are better than humans in every way" story. Those tin cans are smashing up a city while normal people are asleep.

It felt like they saw Watch Dog and thought "Our game needs to be EXACTLY like this, except maybe good. Maybe."

It looks like something that would actually sell now. I liked it, best game they showed.

OP here, I have no idea who david cage is, and i've never played heavy rain, recommended?

>David Cage game

>play a David Cage game
>expect it to not be heavyhanded horseshit

???

>obvious black power symbol graffiti
>hurr Sup Forums
Next you're going to say the new Wolfenstein doesn't have you on the side of literal commies.

I would recommend Heavy Rain. It was actually a really good game.

i'm actually happy, there was a lot of speculation last year that the game would just be a really short hostage negotiation even that you could replay a few times to get different endings

now it looks like there are going to be multiple events and probably a fully fleshed out story. could be the TellTale killer if it actually sticks to the whole "dialogue choices matter" thing.

then again, a lot of games have touted that "choices matter" shit for years and i've never seen one pull it off satisfactorily. whether i get this game will hinge solely on if they can do that right.

Play Indigo Prophecy first. If you like that, play Heavy Rain.

Yes. Expect a fun thriller, nothing more. The way they handled no game over is pretty neat.

It's a shame they didn't get to finish DLC though.

>It's like people here have never played a David Cage movie before.
heh

Shelby is the killer

All I know we going to see a short haired girl taking a shower

Communisim is cool, apparently.

>It's a David Cage game
>all choices are illusions.
Pick one

Your mom is the killer.

You're a huge fucking cunt.

So the game makes you play as a bad guy? Literally terminator.

Those androids in store you reporgrammed them to do your bidding.

>then again, a lot of games have touted that "choices matter" shit for years and i've never seen one pull it off satisfactorily.
Heavy Rain did this unironically the best. You could actually impact the story through your choices without it feeling like "I chose B instead of A and now my entire game is ruined".

I'll help you out and just say every David Cage game ever has been utter shit and most of them don't even qualify as games.

>getting excited for a david cage game

you morons never learn

Yes
I played it knowing the identity of the killer and I still enjoyed every second of it

It makes you play multiple characters all with their own story you down syndrome fuck.

>join a thread about a david cage game
>ugh u guys are just so stupid
*claps*

Spoilers only ruin bad games

Segregation and racism toward androids in a futuristic dystopia has been a played out trope for decades. Why are Sup Forums so paranoid that it's suddenly racebaiting

vill it have ze brown hair gril take chower?

The only way I'd ever be okay with playing the goddamn Andriod rebel leader is if I can just intentionally ruin the entire movement from the inside and get all those bastards killed

There's never been a Cage game where the choices actually made some kind of a difference to the story. He's Telltale tier in pretending you have agency. He even asked in an interview that people wouldn't replay his games because if you do, you instantly see how nothing you choose matters.

Of course, nudity is still a french export.

>were not pol
>talks about politics with a strawman
>Stop playing games that i dont like

I thought you would be more triggered over Assasins Kangz and Beyond Good And Evil. Why does it even upset you so much that the game is about robots against humans?

He did you a favor.

>There's never been a Cage game where the choices actually made some kind of a difference to the story.
You could literally impact whether or not a character remains playable or not through choices.

WE

>not enjoying the wonderful cluster fucks that are David Cage games

Burn this whole fucking board down.

>What the fuck happened?

Niggers. They ruined Detroit, they ruined video games, they ruined Detroit IN a video game.

>Why does it even upset you so much that the game is about robots against humans?
user you should know by now that they're just looking for reasons to be offended by shit. I highly doubt they even play much vidya anymore, they like tumblrinas are all about being on social media and shoutcasting how offended they are. Pearl clutchers and nothing more.

user, I only said that I wasn't interested because it was obviously racebaiting.
I mean it sucks that AC is doing the "WE WUZ" shit, but whatever.
BG&E2 is going to be a fucking disaster though.
>prequel
>online
>trusting haggard lezzy whores to write a story ever

Heres a case study. When Far Cry 4 was announced, everyone condemned the narrative as being SJW as fuck. Yet when it came out, turns out everyone was wrong. When TNO came out people expected the usual SJW pandering. It ended up being a complete parody of everything Nazi and Jewish.

So dont be surprised when cunts here start boiling because they saw something even remotely SJW like.

I honestly see Sup Forumstards get triggered by more pointless shit than libtards it's ridiculous.

Yeah i get it, i mean Assassins Kangz and Beyond Good and Evil made sense for them to make good criticism. This is just when /pol tries to associate anything with current events with anything and becomes autistic edition.

Heavy Rain is the only decent Cage game and even then it's still disappointing because it has obvious flaws and could have been so much better.

Every other Cage game is pure fucking garbage.

>it was obviously racebaiting.

Or uh you know, they wanted to make AC in Egypt and they couldn't exactly put white people there

anyone else getting tired of "MUH DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC CHEEP" this shit has been done to death, why the fuck would you even bother to make a machine with an actual soul or consciousness rather than a simulated one? A far more interesting idea was if you played an android, who was on a mission to destroy his own kind to save his human masters, because human reliance on Androids are making them weak, stupid and decadent and set on a path to extinction

>whoever doesn't like sjw shit is Sup Forums

Man, you retards are absolutely terrible at understanding basic human nature

We need more nig nog cop killing simulators

What I don't get is why aren't these bots either beautiful/ handsome as fuck or robotic-like that doesn't cross the Uncanny valley? Who the fuck would buy a BLACK bot?

>There's never been a Cage game where the choices actually made some kind of a difference to the story.
What the fuck are you talking about?
Have you played Heavy Rain? Characters can die, get caught or survive if you make the wrong decisions, some times closing their ending into a very bad one like Norman with Tryptocaine and Ethan with the trials that unlock the address
Shall we even talk about the whole Ethan in the interrogation room and your choice as Jayden to either let him rot in his cell or free him or about how other supporting characters can get to the final level to save Shaun instead of Ethan?
But not just that, choosing to go to some places or not gets you to a very different final scene with multiple variants and change your entire game completely

>people thought this game will be good

DAVID

CAGE

DAVID

CAGE

HOW.NEW.RU/ALLNIGGAS

lol true true. I get it. Dear god though i was worried it would be Kangz again with the black guy singing in the beginning of Detroit. But it ended up at least being more multicultural than Beyond Good and Evil. My god "we are multicultural but we only know Black people and thats it"

>see a black person in a game
>its suddenly race baiting and a giant anti white conspiracy despite media having black people in it for decades

Right. This whole "rp as the rebellious underdog" has been a trope in gaming forever now. Automation and ai has been an extremely popular media concept because it's so easy to work with because most people don't understand it.
Yet, a game coming out in 2017 doing just those things is somehow the end of civilization.

Yes 100%. I hope there's a good twist take but I'm not betting on it.

think of it this way

you can play them to be as retarded and incompetent as you want

Wasn't aware of the FC4 shit. I'll be glad to be wrong about the game being Commie Simulator though.
It's very hard to imagine a game in Detroit written by David Cage not being racebaiting on some level though.
You ever think it's because Sup Forums doesn't have easily triggered liberals?
I was talking about Detroit. Learn to reading comprehension, idiot.
I said I wasn't really bothered by AC, it's just a bit disappointing. At least we all are getting some laughs out of it.

I hate the clean cyberpunk look, it's so boring.

You do realize people bought many black slaves for that exact purpose? It's not too farfetched many will also project that onto their sexbots.

IP is enjoyable if your save file gets corrupt halfway through and you never bother picking it up again.

I think people are missing the fact that you have the choice to not be violent and shit. They showed that when they zoomed out the web of choices. You're a freedom fighter for Androids when you play as that character, sure, but you don't have to be a fucking edgelord.

Shelby being the killer only undermines the game because it's such an awful twist. The game deliberately lies to you to make it plausible.

What the fuck happened Did they remove the cool cops Storyline. What did we just watch it's a whole different game. Are these even the same game. Fucking pissed if that cops murder storyline is gone, i kinda wanted a PS4 just for that

It probably will have multiple characters and perspectives, probably something like
>android pro-cooperation with humans
>android against cooperation with humans
>human pro-cooperation with androids
>human against cooperation with androids

>Beyond Good and Evil 2
>been in the works for 13 years
>original game had black people

you people just look for any excuse

>Detroit is somehow more multicultural than BG&E2
fucking kek, you're right

Are you retarded? It's a David Cage game, you're going to play as multiple characters as the game progresses.

They're trying to appeal to the antifa crowd

fpbp
play the other David Cage movies or shut the fuck up because you literally know nothing

I think chobit did it best. In the end, they're still bots and no one really care about feelings except the main character, whom he can't even fuck his own bot without resetting her.

With the understanding that basically all past cage games have ended in a twist that was completely opposite of what people were expecting in an unbelievable way that ruins the game - how do you think Detroit will end?

HOW NEW ARE YOU FFS

>Sup Forums is now too young to know the shit show that are David Cage games and their formatting

>Wasn't aware of the FC4 shit
Yeah that game got no love for being SJW. And then you find out the morally right woman you were helping is worse than the actual baddie.

>I'll be glad to be wrong about the game being Commie Simulator though.
Taking down the invaders of your country = commie simulator? Since when? Also BJ is a guy who literally slept through the 50s, 60s and half of the 70s. He wants to kill nazis and he'll take anyones help.

>It's very hard to imagine a game in Detroit written by David Cage not being racebaiting on some level though.
Androids represent race? Since when?

>the game actively lies to the player to set up the big twist

No clues, no following the signs and figuring it out on your own.
David Cage is a fucking hack.

As someone who has a basic understanding of programming, I can't get over the fact that some company thought making their androids be a single flip of the switch away from full sentience was a terrible ideea.
Also the EU has the perfect ideea: give them rights, then tax the fuck out of them.

>original game had nothing but black people and deliberately advertised itself as being multicultural/multiethnic
This is how dumb you are.

It's confirmed that you only play as Androids in this game.

>they cut out the scene he strangles his mum
LITERALLY WHYYYYYYYYYY IT WAS THE ONLY EVIDENCE

A better question would be why would anyone want to buy a black android? Niggers are unsightly for the whites, and a real nigger would much rather have a white man servicing him.