Buying a PS4

At this point I think I can, as a PC gamer, justify buying a PS4. Are there any other games I should look into than those on this list?

Ni Oh is must have, the boss fights alone are worth it, especially frog fu

Yeah, nioh's pretty good. Wait untill you can get a good deal on a ps4 tho. Nothing's that urgent that you can't wait till like black friday or something.

I'm a little scared that I'd just be thinking to myself "why am I not playing a soulsgame instead" while playing it. Does it hold up on its own?

Yeah I'm definitely looking for a good deal before I buy one.

It uses the framework of a Souls game, but the combat itself is more akin to PS2 and OG Xbox-era action games like Ninja Gaiden and Genji.

is right though, if money's an issue you're better off waiting for a good sale.

mon hun wil come out for pc

It holds up fine, at least for the first 20 hours or so. You'll really start to feel the limited enemy variety after that, and it's super easy to break the game in half, even with all the nerfs.

That being said, I still love it but would recommend buying it for $30 instead of $60

I just want one for

Bloodborne
nioh
sotc remake

and monster hunter but that will be out for pc so its not enough to get a ps4 one yet.

Bloodborne runs like shit and if you don't want nioh to run like shit it will look like shit to the point of becoming an incomprehensible visual mess. Exclusives are really good for the industry though, totally.

it's different enough to warrant playing it over replaying a souls game. I honesty think Nioh has better combat compared to souls games, it just fails apart with it's other aspects in comparison. It's not just a knock off like Lords of the fallen or the surge

Aight, I'll probably buy it when a good deal turns up.

If that's the case I'd rather get it for PC then, I think.

>Bloodborne runs like shit
I'm getting a Pro if that matters. Also how shit? Blighttown ran like shit but it didn't bother me too much.

They are. I bet you think that Steam having a near monopoly on the PC market is a good thing.

Pro doesn't run games any better than a basic PS4, and in some cases run games worse. Unless you really really want 4k, it's better to just get a base model.

>as a PC gamer
>interested
>undertale

spot the s0nigg3r

Exclusives are the only games that ever show any creativity anymore. Asscreed, CoD, and every Ubisoft game serve as examples of what happens when every game is multiplat.

It's in cursive because it was an afterthought. I can't remember if the PS4 version was any different? Also I haven't played the game yet but I think it could be fun with a controller (which you can do on the pc too)

Pro not being a literal upgrade is news to me. I don't have a 4k TV and I'm not getting one anytime soon. If that's the case will it just be wasted versus a normal PS4?

Get Gravity Rush 2 you'll love it. Nioh is still fun as hell

Absolutely. The way Pro works on a standard HD tv is that it renders everything in 4k, then downscales it to 1080. You will see no gains in frames, and as I earlier, some games will run worse because it's rendering at a far higher resolution than you're actually using.

Pro has a boost mode where you can change to either have better porformance for you game or have better resalution
This only applies to games that got the Pro update supports but I'm sure Bloodborne has this update

BB does not have that update

>as a PC gamer
>MHW
>Undertale

Hadn't looked too much into it before because it was an exclusive but I probably will.

That sounds really dumb. What about the "Boost" mode? Doesn't it help with fps?

With some games, but BB does not have the update necessary for that. Really though, the base PS4 will do everything fine as long as you're not fag obsessed with 60fps

MHW I will get for PC, if I'm getting it. Time will tell.
Undertale is mostly because I'm a sucker for physical stuff, and the collectors edition looked pretty cool, if it's not >800 dollars

Only if the developer discreetly codes it to detect a Pro versus a Vanilla/Slim and unlock additional graphics options for the Pro. Some games like Horizon, Tekken 7, and Ni-oh actually do this, but it's entirely up to the devs.

Most Japanese weeb exclusives won't bother with this as they don't sell their games on the merit of their graphics unless they're explicitly trying to pander to Western audiences.

Fair enough

I only really want that musical heart locket. That seems like something legit cool and unique instead of the usual standard fare of collectible edition stuff.

It's a little disheartening that the Pro seems so shit.
Also is my list really not missing any games?

Undertale and MonHun are on PC

>Undertale is a reason you want a PS4

Yeah that was what really sold me. Also I think the sheet music is cool.

Pro simply doesn't have a market, and it may never. 4k has been on the market for a couple years now, and the rate of people picking it up is extremely slow. The distance you need to view the screen from for a 4k display to show any difference from a 1080 one is extremely small, and to see a difference from ten feet you would need a screen nearly 120 inches in size. We've hit the point of diminishing returns and there's not a whole lot that can be done.

Future Tone
Wipeout Omega Collection

If you don't hate anime, persona 5 is great. Ratchet and clank remake is alright for cheap. Odin sphere if you didn't play it on ps2. Yakuza 0 is also great