Sony is trying to claim with a straight face that cross-platform play and backwards compatibility are a disservice to...

Sony is trying to claim with a straight face that cross-platform play and backwards compatibility are a disservice to their fans.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-leads-us-hardware-sales-again-in-a/1100-6450114/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>video games becoming more progressive
>progressive sells
>both based out of Seattle (insanely progressive city)

Sony is just doing exactly what Microsoft did in the last gen

>What exactly is Sony doing?

jerking off to sales numbers

Killing themselves

>Sony is the most anti-consumer company of the big three
>Nintendo and Microsoft are cooperating with each other

Somehow I've been transported to a different timeline

Mario X Halo when?

it's typical, the one in the lead gets arrogant while the companies that are behind make more of an effort

the pendulum will swing back at some point

Winning.

I want to Metroid X Halo.

Making movies

I'd fuck a metroid

>tfw I fell for the PS4 meme in January
>Not much else on the horizon, got to play BB, Persona 5, Yakuza 0 so that's cool.
>PC is a little dated so I got Tekken 7 on the PS4 just to be safe
>Have to pay for PS+ to play online
>No PS1 titles on the online store
>Read an article where one of the people at Sony took a steaming shit on classic titles saying, "why would anyone want to play these games now?"

Seriously, what the fuck is Sony's problem. I hope Xbox's new console sells incredibly well, I see no reason why it won't. Casuals don't like PC's, they want a good console.

*see

>Make paid online a standard
>Force Nintenbros to play with their retard fanbase

Nah, fuck Cancersoft and fuck good guy Phil "people don't really care about 60fps" Spencer.

selling divisions

Stagnating with the same boring cinematic shit starring Standard McDefault with fashionable stubble as the protagonist.

Fucking snore inducing.

Nintendo and Microsoft are trash too but holy fuck I hate Sony so much more than the other two.

You know.

It's a really fucking sad thing when you hate Microsoft the least of the 3 consolefag companies somehow.

just emulate pals1 games dumbass. My 2011 craptop can do it.

They're getting full of themselves again. They need to be knocked down a few pegs again.

Sales numbers that are lower than the last console with less profit per hardware/software unit sold than last gen?

I understand that Sony might be happy that they have the highest selling home console, but handheld and PC gaming are more profitable industries now and Nintendo and Microsoft, who have a stake in each of this industries respectively are doing the smart thing by merging their home console divisions with those other more lucrative divisions of their companies. What's Sony gonna do once home consoles as an independent industry finally dies? It's hard to brag about being Captain of the ship if the ship is sinking and all the other crew members are in the life boats

I really hate how microsoft fanboys are trying to latch onto Nintendo in an attempt to make their shit platform relevant.
Fuck off already. No one likes you.

Don't kid yourself.

Nintendo will never be "in the lead" ever again.

Working for GameSpot (using Thor to hide my country).

Looks like there are plans to make a two console bundle. This is a draft sent in a presentation.

The 360 had backwards compatibility.

Is this real, or did somebody make it?

so this is what they meant by NX...

I loved the OG Xbox and the 360 right up until about halfway through it's lifespan. That around where they got big on the Kinect, pushing for shitty business practices, considering canning sharing games with friends, shoving ads in your face all the time. It looks like they're learning their lesson.

gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-leads-us-hardware-sales-again-in-a/1100-6450114/

Winning silver or bronze maybe

Sony has been working on a game streaming service which isn't a bad idea to be honest. But internet speeds aren't quite there yet to make it a viable thing imo.

i just hope we can get Banjo in Smash

>Microsoft continues to push PC gamers into walled garden of Xbox.
that will sure end well.

remember 7th gen when everyone had a Wii and a 360?

>Push PC players into the walled garden of Xbox
>Games being released on PC/Windows 10.

Wat

>PS4 became popular specifically cause it was just a games console with no gimmicky bullshit
>Now everyone is asking when Sony is gonna unveil some gimmick shit
I guess they could double down on console VR since Microsoft and Nintendo arent doing that.

>8th/9th gen is a repeat of Wii60

We're going full circle

>most powerful handheld
Does nintendo even consider the Switch to be a handheld or are they still trying to find a reason to jew people with a new Gameboy?

They actually did say something like Cross Play Minecraft would encourage pedophelia, right?

Remember when there was a theory that NX and Scorpio were the same thing?

Getting a Xbox One X for Halo 5 & 6, a New 2DS for Metroid Samus Returns, and Switch for Metroid Dread.

>project nx
>ninty x xbox
we were too blind to see it

>PS4 became popular because Microsoft completely botched their Xbox One unveiling
>Sony was planning to do exactly what Microsoft was doing but withheld it
>Won by default
>They've now been becoming more and more anti-consumerist over the course of the generation
>It's now reached where people are now tired of their shit because of what was said in regards to backwards compatibility and crossplay

>"why would anyone want to play old games"
>Sony announces another remaster of Shadow of the Colossus.

Article states that Microsoft has lots of exclusives. It doesn't.

Trying to muscle in on Steam is their new goal with the windows 10 shit.

>dudebro friend said Nintendo and Microsoft were gonna team up to take down Sony
>didn't believe him because he's a dumbass
>he's fucking right

>Xniggers trying to latch onto Nintendo again
>m-muh wii60

We told you to fuck off the first time.

might buy a xbox if this is real, will have fun with KI

>Oh hey! We sold so many already, lets not plan for the future
>Lets fellate ourselves on stage about how popular we are, haha!
>What? You want exclusives? Here have some multiplats and a couple movie games.
>No crossplay for you guys! We do it 4ThePayers#

The consumer doesn't give a fuck about your sales.

Xbox One X will suffer from the same problems as Wii U. It won't sell because casuals won't know its a new console.

They should have corrected it to

>Why would you want to play old games?
>Let us remaster/remake them and charge you a full 60 dollars, and consider the remaster a "new" game so we can pad our library.

I constantly predicted this would happen as a joke and it fucking did. XD

Well Microsoft didn't really offer a unified neutral account like Capcom and Psyonix did with SFV and Rocket League, Microsoft wanted PSN users make a Xbox account which Sony refuse because it will pad Microsoft's user base pool which will MS look good and Sony's investors don't want that. Nintendo on the other hand doesn't have a problem with because they don't really have the same numbers as Sony does and they don't want to shoulder the server cost

If Sony offered the same I'm pretty sure Microsoft will also refuse too.

>yfw this bundle is real
>yfw Japan gets it too
>X-Box finally gets a foot hold in Japan by riding on the back of the Switch

>Covies and space pirates working together
>Awful Flood/Metroid bio experiments
>Cortana NTRs the chief with Samus

>XD
please leave

With Microsoft's marketing I don't know. I didn't think the Xbone S would sell well but it did.

>want to trade in Xbox One in for an S because it's fucking huge and i really like how the S looks
>here comes the X

Holy shit how mad can one person be?

I mean one would think that with a brain damage that severe you would be at least more serene.

Jim Ryan: Yeah. We've got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Nintendo, perhaps the most mindful video game company of the protection of children.

YES, GF and UNSC become bros fighting the scourges of space.

Don't support anti-consumerism, user.

>NTR
Disgusting. Samus is made for Chief's augmented dong

>cross play with the Switch
So what, like they only get Minecraft?
fucking kek

(and doom)

Name the last time you played through an old Xbox, ps2 or n64 game without getting bored. Or even something that came out 4 years ago.

This guy is so full of shit, lol.

also Rocket League and probably other indie games
maybe those sports games too

Sony had a bunch of games come out this year alone that kick the shit out of post 2009 xbox

So does the PS4. Stop spreading misiniformation.

Is this anything to really be upset about, now you can probably get 200 bucks off that 499 price tag, which was probably what Microsoft was going for, that and maybe PS4 owners trading in their console and games for the X instead of the PS4 Pro

I own a PS4. You really shouldn't be so attached to Sony. Sony doesn't love you. Nintendo doesn't love you. Xbox doesn't love you. They just love your money. I won't continue to patronize Sony if they keep being anti-consumer.

Devil May Cry is always fun

smt nocturne

What the fuck?!

Can the Master Chief and Samus Aran survive the power of argent energy find out next time on Doom X Halo X Metroid.

Halo CE and Halo 2 campaigns about a month ago. The Library and Sacred Icon get too much hate

>X
>not Xbonx

hmmmmm

That'll be 20 bucks per PS2 game and 59.99 for a PSNow subscription to play the games worse than a ps3 would.

The only instance where giving Microsoft money was acceptable is if you bought an intellimouse.

Any time other than that and you fucked up m

you act as if M$ or Nintendo are doing any better in exclusives(and in Nintendo's case, crippled in the 3rd party market)

not really. But i can only get $100 off the original xbox one

He is 100% correct though. It makes no fucking difference to us how many consoles Sony sells if they can't deliver good games and services. You think the Wii was the best console ever too?

>he thinks PlayStation now counts as backwards compatibility

t. Delusional sony shill

Reminder that for the first 4 years of the xbone's life, all it had was MCC, and zelda charged $60 for zelda ports that ran worse than the GC versions. Remasters are only bad when sony does them

the surface pro is pretty great if you're an artist
but it's still to expensive for my tastes
until a decent drawing pads with screens are $200-300 i'll stick to my 10 year old wacom

Hey , the Wii was fun. If you had a PS3 or 360, it was a good compliment

No. You take your PS3 game and play it on the PS4. Not fucking difficulty to understand when you have brain damage, you faggots.

switch/pc/ps4 master race reporting in

there's literally no reason to get an xbox console unless you have some form of mental illness

>Mircosoft and Nintendo are totally teaming up you guys
>It's Minecraft and Rocket League
Do guys really give a shit about this?

Yeah and remember how the PS3 launched
That was then my dude, we're talking about now

Sure. I love some of the games on the Wii, but it had almost no fucking games worth owning and died off really fast. The last two years was a drought.

Man, the XbOX is fucking tiny.

Go put a ps3 game in your ps4 right now and upload a video with a timestamp. If im wrong ill an hero on stream. Shut the fuck up you brain dead child

Releasing games.

You literally cannot do that.

>blatantly lying
Ok

Because I did it in a rush I just noticed I wrote GameSpot instad of GameStop. Shit.